Chrome 9.0 Beta

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score
Hulk Hogan at Bash at the Beach forming the nWo
Stone Cold forming the Power Trip with Triple H
JBL turning on Farooq killing the APA and having his own partner fired,I never saw that coming and that start up the biggest push of JBL ever . . .

LogicalWMD

Reaction score
One of wrestling history's most famous heel-turns, which is still being replayed, is HBK putting Marty Jannetty through the glass, ending the [Midnight] Rockers and sending HBK to become a solo legend.

The intrusion of Hogan into the NWO made me sick, as it eclipsed "The Outsiders" and became the practically the whole damn NWO angle. With Hall and Nash fronting that storyline it would likely not have grown stale. As it turned, the NWO became "LOOK, YOUR HULKSTER CAN PLAY HEEL!. WATCHA GONNA DO?"

Barry Wyndam turning on Lex Lugar and Dusty Rhodes and joining the Horsemen in 1988 was one of my favorites.+

LogicalWMD

Reaction score
A good one was when, after Flair lost the "loser leaves the WWF" match to Mr. Perfect in January 1993, arenas rang with cries of "We Want Flair", in a belated recognition that they loved the heel more than the faces. A face-turn when the face wasn't there and drew the fans to the rival promotion, where he was the face that turned.

D'Lo

Reaction score
When Owen Hart turned heel on Bret Hart at the Rumble! 'All you had to do was tag Bret, but you're too damn selfish!'. Great!

LogicalWMD

Reaction score
Bret had Clout. He had Stroke.

When Owen Hart turned heel on Bret Hart at the Rumble! 'All you had to do was tag Bret, but you're too damn selfish!'. Great!

I always thought Bret had enough "stroke" with the brass to pass the title to Owen, so Owen could have top tier recognition with a brief reign. Bret was selfish and had an outsized idea of his own significance, and an overdose, I suspect, of sibling rivalry. Owen did not have the look or the macho appeal, but if technical brilliance was the yardstick, he exceeded Bret. But of the two, I must give him his due, though though I preferred Owen, Bret had "STROKE"!

Mr. Mat

mine where hogan turning heel & joing the nwo
stone cold turning heel & joing vince mcmahon
stone cold/triple h & vince power trip group
& undertaker turning hell on jr & becoming big evil red devil

Maloney

Reaction score
My favorite is when Hogan turned heel and joined the NWO.

PeepShow

its got to be Austin at WM 17. Now seriously, you can not say you saw that coming

TheSteph

Reaction score
Triple H when he joined Vinnie Mac's Corporation... the time i got back into wrestling i viewed Hunter as a face but his heel turn after that? he seems DAMN suited to the role

Conc3pt

Reaction score
My favorite was after Wrestlemania 17 (?) when Stone Cold allied himself with Vince McMahon after beating the rock. Greatest Heel turn ever.

Edge_Foreva

Reaction score
Stone Cold's turn and Hogans turn were the most surprising.

My favourite turn was the Undertaker's in 98/99. IMO when he turned heel his gimmick got better.

Mr. Mat

^yeah i thought that too he transformed into that bat like gimmick