Christmas Debate

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
Is this topic NOT about religion? What does any of that have to do with anything? We're talking about religion. That is why I named religious things.

You made the point that Atheists dont protest anything but Christmas. I rebutted.

Oh, wow! Do you take chill pills before you read a response? This is a discussion, not OMG U BITCH GO 2 HELL!!!

I didnt know I said that...

I never said anything about me being all for what happened. I am Athiest but I respect what other people do and yes, I do celebrate Christmas and decorate my home, though it's simply for the holiday season, not for religious reasons.
But you are saying its justified.

Those who believe in God are far more disrespectful than Athiests.
Yes, I forgot, two wrongs make a right.

Athiests don't knock on your door and try to force you into believing in God.
If they did, they wouldnt be Athiests. I think you mean Jahovas Wittnesses. And if they do, so what. They come to your door, you say get the fuck out, end of story. Are they picketing outside your house? Are they vandalizing your home? No. Are they annoying? You bet. But you are classifying all people who believe in God in the category of those who spread the word, which is a small minority.

I get dirty looks from people all the time when I say I am Athiest.
And I get dirty looks because Im kinda pudgy. So what. OMG DONT LOOK AT MY FUNNY!!! I also get talked down to by people when I convey my beliefs. But I dont hold it against the religion or lack of religion that the person im talking to holds, I hold it against the asshat im talking to who thinks he/she can talk down to anyone just because they think they know better. It has nothing to do with the belief and everything to do with the person.

I never disrespect any other religion because most members of my family ARE religious (which I've mentioned many times before yet you immediately went straight ahead and tried to make it seem like I am just some anal Athiest who pisses all over people who believe in God).

Well, you seem to think its justifiable to piss all over others beliefs.

The manger is a symbol of religion. I see no difference in an Athiest protesting something that stands for what they don't believe in than a religious person protesting a gay marriage because it's against religion.
Thats because youre ignorant. Not because youre an athiest, but because you dont know the law or logic. Christmas is a FEDERAL HOLIDY. Started by President Grant. Therefore, in this country, we have the right to display accepted symbols of the holiday on state property religious or not. Also, those who religions who have holidays that are on a similar time line as christmas may also have up a manora or whatever. Athiests may even put up something SYMBOLIZING their belief. But they do not, and should not, have the right to say "If you believe in God, youre a moron", which is what that sign says. That is forcing belief down others throats. A SYMBOL is just that, a symbol. They are just things that mean different things to different people. It doesnt explicitly say anything. The placard, on the other hand, was an attack, which is wrong.

That is purely my opinion.[/QUOTE]