Christian

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

billy beer

Reaction score
TNA been blown out of the water?

in recent weeks wwe have treated us to a host of superb matches:

hbk vs cena II
orton vs edge
orton vs edge vs cena vs hbk
taker vs batista I & II
benoit vs mvp (trilogy)
kennedy vs hardy

meanwhile over in tna every single match continues to be rushed and feature screwjob finishes. despite it's roster tna has evolved into little more than a farce in my opinion. angle, styles, cage, daniels, joe: and yet we're treated to the same crap each week?

pesonally, until russo/jarrett/mantel get out of dodge tna will continue going nowhere fast. apart from angle vs joe I at genesis i can't think of one quality tna match in the past year, can you?

whereas wwe have treated fans to a host of superb matches lately tna's creative team seem to forget that they're working for a wrestling company. 'we are wrestling'? :D:D:D:D:D

take this weeks impact for an example: how can cage just decide on how his sacrifice opponent will be made? why didn't cornette just order a rematch of angle vs sting with the clause that should cage and co. interfere he'd be stripped of his title, surely that's the most logical thing to do? why did christopher daniels interfere in the tag titles match? it made no sense whatsoever and really harmed his character in the process. why are jackie and gail consistently been put in dangerous situations instead of been allowed to just wrestle? why was the main event made a no dq tag match? this was the stupidest thing i've seen in wrestling in a long time: angle and sting knew that by scoring the win they would get a title shot but continued to tag each other in anyway?! WTF? and since it was a no dq match why did everyone not just get involved in the match?! farcical!!!!!

in other words, tna has become a joke IMO. what do you's all think?

xtremebadass

Well, WWE matches are always better than TNA, it's not any different. Plus we are just coming off WWE's A months around Mania season, so now that WWE's main stars are getting injured the balance should change atleast just a little.

PeepShow

Billy Beer, just wait till TNA gets a two-hour deal, and then its matches wont be rushed. I agree that the Matches in WWE are better than TNA right now, but just get rid of the Cena/ Khali thing, its horrible and McMahon.........no Comment. Cant wait till RVD comes to TNA

xtremebadass

Yea WWE really screwed themselves with Cena and Khali, it is going to make TNA look that much better

circle

Reaction score
Remember TNA is taped so the WWE has 2 weeks to put out live matches. So its a good opportunity for WWE to steal the show, which with their new strategy has paid off, but once again it is after WM 23. TNA still has to work with a one hour slot, but they also don't have to rush their matches out either.

phantomgerald

i think tna put on a decent match, and their ppv are better than wwe's because they don't put on shit Main Events like a tag match. however, i'm not going to deny that tna still needs to improve alot, such as getting a bigger arena, 2 hours and less gimmick match

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Honestly... I don't think the WWE cares if their matches are better than TNA's, probably not at the top of their priority list.
Number 1= Entertainment and they are entertaining at the moment.

Reaction score
tna for me has been kinda off lately ive watched the last 2 weeks of it but im just not feeling it anymore i think they try to hard to out do WWE and it kills them when they do so,

If tna cared less about WWE and just tryed to Do the best they can they would be a Different show and i think they can pull out a good show because right now they are doing better then ECW

because even if they get the 2hours and dont change theyre tactic's then i will not waste my time watching it :/

TNA is infact the new WCW,even tho wcw was alot better

xtremebadass

TNA has always been WCW in disguise, but it's just the one hour thing, give em two hours and you will see shit go down, every single person on the roster could put on a great match any day of the week.

Defiant One

Reaction score
TNA has bigger problems than time, they rush everything, have too many gimmick matches, they never advertise the mainevents, and they care too much about WWE, when they should just do their own thing, build up more of a fan base by traveling.

xtremebadass

^^^^EXACTLY!

Have you noticed that TNA doesn't advertise iMPACT! main events, they reveal them on the actual show, they would get more viewers if they said the main event every week on like a commercial.

Defiant One

Reaction score
^^Yupp Ive said this before and ill say it again. If and or when TNA gets 2 hours it wont solve all of the problems but it will be a start. They cant worry bout The E, they just gotta focus on themselves, and only pay attention to the stuff they can control (Storylines, Feuds, Advertising, Exposure, and whatnot)

This Guy

TNA relies on there web site too much as well. The WWE for all its bashing on internet fans over the years does know one thing. The majority of the paying fans don't visit there web site daily. The fans that visit there site daily are the sheep. Granted thats starting to change, but WWE knows that they will reach a larger portion of there fan base else where. TNA on the other hand relies almost exclusively on there web site for all there advertising...and to be blunt, there site sucks. They would be better off making ads to air on tv stations. Its pretty sad when you can watch almost any network in the US and see a commercial for a WWE PPV, but the only station you'll see a PPV ad for TNA is on Spike. TNA needs the spend less money signing more stars (cause they got too many as it is, look at there roster page on there web site, its huge) and more money on the advertising.