Chris Warren Passes Away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
Chris Warren, who was best known for the D-Generation X theme song "Break It Down", has died. He was 49 years old.

Warren performed live at WrestleMania 14 in 1998 and again at SummerSlam that same year at Madison Square Garden. At the time, Warren’s WrestleMania performance was heavily criticized as he sang a rendition of “America the Beautiful” in what was considered a disrespectful, almost screaming tone. The criticism subsequently led WWE to edit out his performance on the home video and WWE Network versions of WrestleMania 14.

Warren also performed Sean “X-Pac” Waltman’s theme, the intro for the late 1990’s edition of WWF Superstars, and Triple H’s “My Time” theme song.

This is sad. He was someone that made some overlooked contributions to wrestling. DX were what the Attitude Era was all about and Chris Warren had a big role in that with his music. This guy's great voice made the music of the Attitude Era. DX, and god damn, I can't think of a better song to represent DX. That's one of those cases where the music is just as much a member of the group as the performers in the group. Then there was Triple H's first song when he broke away from DX. Honestly, Triple H really benefited from the greatly improved "My Time" theme over what they were using prior to it. That one just clicked when some of the other previous attempts clearly didn't and HHH's whole persona seemed to morph along with the tune.

A shame how both people that did music for Triple H are dead.

RIP

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
And such a young guy too :(

For a guy who basically researches death for a living, I used to be scared that I would get desensitized to this. But the opposite has happened. I get much sadder than I did before. I really wish people could all live long lives and experience so much much more of what the world has to offer.

I did always like that song too.

RIP

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Man, that sucks to hear.

Those songs he did for Trips and DX were dope.

RIP

Legit Boss

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Lead singer of the “DX Band” Chris Warren, who sung the D-generation X “Break It Down” theme song in the Attitude Era, has died at the age of 49.

Warren also done Triple H‘s theme “My Time” and made a number of WWE appearances including his first, singing a quite terrible version of “America The Beautiful” and The Star-Spangled Banner which drew so much criticism WWE edited out of the home video release and WWE Network archive of the event.

The singer reportedly “passed away suddenly on Sunday, June 12, 2016 at the age 49” according to his obituary. A funeral is scheduled for this weekend in the Long Island area of New York, where Warren was born and also lived.

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
There's already a thread with this topic so I am going to merge them together.

Reactions: Legit Boss

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
A great singer who died too suddenly and too early.

R.I.P