Chris Jericho Thinks He Can Get Roman Reigns Over

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Reaction score

The one main issue WWE has been dealing with for the past couple of years is how to get Roman Reigns over with all WWE fans. His rise to the top is thanks to a major push backstage, and at the start, fans were essentially told to deal with it.

However, over time, some fans have started to accept The Big Dog as the new face of the WWE, but not all. There is still a notable amount of fans that still boo Reigns whenever he makes an appearance for the WWE on TV.

Chris Jericho is one of the greatest WWE superstars of all time, so if anyone knows how to get over with the crowd, either as a face or as a heel, it's him. He recently spoke to Chris Van Vliet about what WWE needs to do with Reigns.

Listen to what Chris Jericho had to say in the audio clip above.

Grievous 3D

Is Currently In Stasis
Banned
Reaction score
No one can get the Plank of Wood over...

The fans/crowds won't allow it...

He's nothing but a joke at this point...

EVERYONE just needs to move on...
especially the WWE.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
While he can get a piece of paper over...Some things are especially hard...This is one of them.

Mr. Roman Empire

The Game
Main Eventer
Reaction score
Roman Reigns is already over. His merch sales are tied with AJ Styles, who are both behind Super Cena. So are we gonna sit here and say AJ Sytles is over and not Reigns? Even tho they sell just as much merch as each other? Reigns is gettin that money and he may not be "over" with a certain age range or just the IWC smarts, but when it comes down to it, he is over.

Reactions: Nikki Nitro

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
Jericho kinda hit it spot on with most of the stuff he said. Turning him heel is the main course of action I would consider, which Jericho doubtfully mentioned as it would just result in him getting cheered again, but that's fine. It's exactly what they did with Charlotte and now audiences cheer her despite also being an unbeatable company favorite like Reigns is. So I kinda disagree with the whole "he needs a real heel to face" thing, as he already went through both Jericho, Miz or even a Sheamus and it wasn't the most revolutionary thing. It got him cheered but it didn't hold on.
Also, what is a heel that wants to be a heel these days, as Jericho talked about? I get what he's trying to say but a heel could truly try to be that and still get cheered because our audience is trained to appreciate a good heel now instead of booing him. Jericho even went through the same goddamn thing when people started loving all of his segments instead of booing them so I don't know what he's talking about lol

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Jericho kinda hit it spot on with most of the stuff he said. Turning him heel is the main course of action I would consider, which Jericho doubtfully mentioned as it would just result in him getting cheered again, but that's fine. It's exactly what they did with Charlotte and now audiences cheer her despite also being an unbeatable company favorite like Reigns is. So I kinda disagree with the whole "he needs a real heel to face" thing, as he already went through both Jericho, Miz or even a Sheamus and it wasn't the most revolutionary thing. It got him cheered but it didn't hold on.
Also, what is a heel that wants to be a heel these days, as Jericho talked about? I get what he's trying to say but a heel could truly try to be that and still get cheered because our audience is trained to appreciate a good heel now instead of booing him. Jericho even went through the same goddamn thing when people started loving all of his segments instead of booing them so I don't know what he's talking about lol

I mean, Jericho was probably one of the most hated people in 2008-2010 in the sense he got boos from people and his gimmick in his last run, when he started teaming with Kevin Owens, the idea was to eventually have Owens turn on him, so Jericho getting over with the crowd served a purpose then. Besides, when you book him constantly against Roman, who the crowd is going to reject anyway, of course, it is likely people will gravitate towards you. That was legitimately how Braun was forced to turn face.

SWL

ur booty is heavy duty like diarrhea
Hotshot
Reaction score
I mean, Jericho was probably one of the most hated people in 2008-2010 in the sense he got boos from people and his gimmick in his last run, when he started teaming with Kevin Owens, the idea was to eventually have Owens turn on him, so Jericho getting over with the crowd served a purpose then. Besides, when you book him constantly against Roman, who the crowd are going to reject anyway, of course, it is likely people will gravitate towards you. That was legitimately how Braun was forced to turn face.
audiences in 08-10 were different than what we have now tbf. Back in 08-10 they also cheered someone like Batista after a slow paced, 7 minute WWE title match.. something that couldn't work nowadays. Saying that the Owens angle was always meant for Jericho to turn face again eventually shouldn't even matter, at least for the first half of the angle. They were both facing babyfaces like Seth or Sami Zayn every week, so his literal aim was to be one of the biggest heels on the Raw roster, but it didn't happen because he was too good at it for audiences to boo him.. which again is because they're not used to booing good heels anymore