Chris Jericho Has A Lot of Gut

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Chris Benoit was a very good friend of his. He isn't promoting or mentioning Benoit on WWE television or anything so I don't think this should be an issue.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
What's WWE going to do? Fire him?

Ovaldinho

Reaction score
This hasn't been the first time he's done it either.

Twitter is technically outside of the WWE Universe though, and Benoit and Jericho were close so of course Jericho would want honour a deceased friend.

I don't see what WWE could possibly do to Jericho, it isn't like he's saying his name or anything..

Farooq

Chairwoman of The New Day
Reaction score
Well I heard Chris Jericho and Chris Benoit STEVIE RICHARDS were good friends.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
He mentioned him in his book too better fetch the gallows. Benoit is a huge part of Jericho's life it seems (read his book they were obviously tight) so obviously he'll want to acknowledge the memories they shared occasionally.

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
He isn't promoting or mentioning Benoit on WWE television or anything so I don't think this should be an issue.

But aren't we in the "reality era" now, where WWE promote superstars' social media pages at every opportunity and the accounts act as an extension to interact with fans and so on? I think he'll get a telling off and he won't care as he's leaving next month. If it wasn't Jericho but some young guy then it would probably be worse.

The Kiz

Jobber
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
I'd say that there's only a handful of superstars that can get away with making a Chris Benoit reference, and Jericho is one of them. I doubt Vince will be thrilled at the post though.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
But aren't we in the "reality era" now, where WWE promote superstars' social media pages at every opportunity and the accounts act as an extension to interact with fans and so on? I think he'll get a telling off and he won't care as he's leaving next month. If it wasn't Jericho but some young guy then it would probably be worse.

I've always hated people calling it the "Reality Era" as I don't think there is really a big enough difference just because of Twitter and Facebook and social media to say we've stepped foot into a whole other era. Besides, wrestlers also mention stuff out of character/kayfabe too, but WWE don't have an issue with that since it's their own personal Twitter page. It's the same with how they also promote wrestlers' autobiographies on the show, too... Even though the books themselves tell everyone wrestling is fake and reveal a whole bunch of backstage stuff about wrestling and about the person behind the character that they'd never think to mention on the show itself.

As long as they don't promote that on the show though, it's considered alright. Same logic here. If WWE mentioning Chris Benoit on their website isn't considered a big deal, I can't imagine that Jericho posting a picture of Benoit (a former friend of his) would be either.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
It's the anniversary of Benoit's death. Jericho is not the only wrestler tweeting on this.