Chris Jericho Big Enough?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
According to sources close to the situation, Chris Jericho has been talking with WWE about his future with the company. Jericho’s return may not be a full-time thing and it’s said he may work a limited schedule, something similar to The Rock. There’s no word yet on when he might return but it’s believed he will work with WWE again closer to 2012.

So the question. Is Jericho big enough to work only sporadic matches and remain relevant?

While I like him he's one of if not my favorite wrestler. But does he equal a Foley, Rock Stone Cold Undertaker or even HHH (the only guys I can think of with similar type contracts). He is the first Undisputed World Champion but I don't think he's got their drawing power and I'm not sure at this point he could get it.

I think he'd be better off to come back for one great storyline a decent title run and leave for good. I think all he does otherwise is water down his legacy.

The New F'n Show

Reaction score
Well I am also a huge fan of his, I would say he is not in the same category as those others. I with you here. One more run would make more sense than sporadic appearances.

The Hoov

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
therock3
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
goldust
I disagree. As a face, he can draw very well. As a heel, he garners more heat than most heels in history. Jericho is one of the all-time greats and I believe if he pops up every so often and does the old "Y2J" schtick instead of his "Best in the World at What I Do" thing then the crowd will pop for the nostalgia factor like all of those guys listed and it would work equally well.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think that his contract would be more like Undertaker's or HBK's near the end rather than a Rock type deal. He will come in for a feud and then disappear again for a few months. I think that he can definitely add something to the product at a time when WWE really aren't doing enough to build new stars since they left it so late. I would put him on Smackdown and I would use him in a role where he puts over uppdermidcarders helping them cement their place as maineventers. No point bringing him back and have him beat all these newer top guys like Sheamus and Del Rio.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
I think what has let Jericho down in the past in WWE is some of his sloppy work with bigger, headline type names. I don't know if maybe he cracked under the preassure or weather he was just used to working one style in WCW, so it took time to adjust. Anyway I think he is much more polished now, and while I agree that he is not quite in the same league as some of the names mentioned, although to be fair he has not always been given the same chances (I would argue he is just as much of a draw as someone like HHH who I see as being overrated), he does offer WWE a valueable service and is one of the best when it comes to putting younger talent over, so I think he does deserve that sort of contract, and maybe with his career winding down, that would be a smart way to use him.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I think he will draw, i don't think he shouls have the title unless he's going to put someone new over as he dosen't need it, he is big enough to do two or three matches a year in my opinion and he would be a good talent to use for elevating mid carders

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
I think what has let Jericho down in the past in WWE is some of his sloppy work with bigger, headline type names. I don't know if maybe he cracked under the preassure or weather he was just used to working one style in WCW, so it took time to adjust. Anyway I think he is much more polished now, and while I agree that he is not quite in the same league as some of the names mentioned, although to be fair he has not always been given the same chances (I would argue he is just as much of a draw as someone like HHH who I see as being overrated), he does offer WWE a valueable service and is one of the best when it comes to putting younger talent over, so I think he does deserve that sort of contract, and maybe with his career winding down, that would be a smart way to use him.

His work after his 2007 return was fantastic and was they were his standout years. During that time he was a bonafide maineventer whereas before that he hadn't solidified his spot in the mainevent.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I think he needs at least one more solidifying run with a belt (if not just because he's earned it), for the new fan base and then use him as a get over guy.

rcoot93

Reaction score
I agree given him the belt will help him get guys over and regain intrest in him, be intresting to see if he is face or heel

TheZig

Reaction score
In regards to him putting over young talent, You only work with what you've got. Sadly there are hardly any accomplished mid carders in WWE. Personally i'd rather see a Jericho vs Punk fued instead of the talked about Austin vs Punk. Then Jericho could hang up his boots and go down as one of the greats, Although he is already.