Chris Cornell, 1964 - 2017

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Few online, especially those of us who grew up in the 90s or before have probably missed that Chris Cornell, the lead singer of Soundgarden, Audioslave and Temple of the Dog passed away on May 17. Use this thread to talk about one of the main 4 vocalists of the grunge movement, and one of the best modern rock voices.

Personally, Cornell was probably the first musicians death that I can say actually got to me. People like Prince, Michael Jackson, Bowie and such dying obviously sucked. But they were either before my time or not my main type of music. I was born in 1990 so I was obviously a bit too young to latch on to the grunge wave. But as I developed my own musical tastes growing up I borrowed a lot of records from my aunt who was 10 years older than me, and she did listen to a lot of grunge so I grew up listening to some Nirvana, Alice in Chains and Soundgarden. And as I grew into my teens I delved deeper into that style of music, developing my current preference for grunge inspired rock and punk. And Cornell was a main reason I leaned so heavily towards Soundgarden as a little kid, and that then grew to Audioslave and his solo work.

Needless to say he was the first musician passing away that made me legit go into a funk.

Going to end this OP with one of my all time favorite tracks from one of his lesser known projects that predate Soundgarden. Temple of the Dog. Basically Chris Cornell + Pearl Jam so not only does it feature Cornell but the beautiful voice of Eddie Vedder as well.

Thanks for the memories Chris

Reactions: Mike Thunder

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I remember him from Audioslave the most... Specifically this song:

Sheesh I was 14 when that song came out. Use to love it though.

Black Wizard

サイバーパンク
Reaction score

Knew him more from Soundgarden than anything, particularly their early stuff. Amazing how diverse the band was, early career was more of a punk sort of sound, then they shifted into grunge. Also saw something about how when you look at all of the frontmen from the biggest grunge bands of the 90s, we don't have many left. Kurt Cobain, Layne Staley, Scott Weiland, and now Chris Cornell are gone. Only Eddie Vedder is left.