Chris Benoit getting visible in WWE/ RVD-TNA

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

KrazyKing

Reaction score
Still I mean like Kurt Angle said its BS to write him out of all the books I mean if they don't show his stuff they can never show Orton's first time winning the WHC so that hurts the DVD they will make of him one day.

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Meh.....thats why the true fans got the internet to thank....plus i got that SS04 on the orginal DVD anyway.......dude who cares....the guys a peice of fucking shit period.

KrazyKing

Reaction score
Yea what he did outside the ring was wrong but I mean lets see if they ever make certain DVD'S for PPVS like they have for WM and RR they got to edit all his matches out and like I said when they make the Orton DVD his WHC win wont be on it which is a major highlight of his carrer and you cant get rid of that cause of what Benoit did.

THE Brian Kendrick's Biceps

Man I know what you're talking about, but a lot of people would be very sensitive on the issue. Nancy's family for example

KrazyKing

Reaction score
Yea I mean I dont think he should get his on DVD or anything but they need to have the matches he is in on other people's dvd so it can have certain things they need.

HBKforever

Reaction score
Well why don't we just show Owen Hart falling on his neck on a DVD then? It would be terrible for the image of the WWE to praise Benoit no matter how good of a wrestler he was. He was a sick son of a bitch, and that remains fact. The whole thing with him being a part of other matches for other people still doesn't give reason to show him.

Airfixx

This whole Benoit debate does my head in!

...Or more specifically the attitude that the guy was in some way sadistic or evil. He was ILL for fucks sake, but all the arm-chair doctors amongst ya'll know better, eh?!?!?!?

As for the DVDs, aside from how poorly the editing's bound to be, I don't see it worrying anyone that buys the revised editions as they're less likely to give a shit about Benoit in the first place. Besides, the matches in question will be all over the place on the web and if even the slightest interest arises in a fan as to who Benoit THE WRESTLER was then they won't have to look very hard.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I don't think editing out his matches are a bad idea personaly I'd like for him to be erased he fucked up his career and life over a weekend.

Y'know, as much as you try and deny it, here's the deal. Chris Benoit killed someone, doesn't change the fact that he was an integral part of the wrestling world, and was considered to be one of the best wrestlers ever. This is true whether you have no respect for him as a person. Just doesn't matter, its a fact.

OJ Simpson, killed two people, and don't give me that not guilty garbage either, every single person in the world knows that's bullshit. Still doesn't change the fact that he was an excellent football player. I don't believe that he has been edited out of the NFL records.

Mike Tyson raped a woman and went to prison for it. Rape ranks up there to me, as the second worst crime you can commit after murder. Does he get shunned from the boxing world? No. As a matter of fact you people glorified him and accepted him into your arms when you watched Raw, bought the pay-per-view, and bought the VHS tapes and DVD's with him all over it.

I believe that there is a single word here that will more or less sum up all my thoughts on this line of thinking.

Hypocrites.

C4

It would be terrible for the image of the WWE to praise Benoit no matter how good of a wrestler he was. He was a sick son of a bitch,

First of all, you're a complete idiot who doesn't know anything about Chris Benoit and how great he was in Wrestling. The guy devoted his life to wrestling and you don't appreciate that?

Then, you say that if WWE shows footage of Chris Benoit in his wrestling matches, it will be terrible for their image. Did Vince McMahon kill Chris Benoit? WWE killed Benoit? NO. Chris Benoit did what he did to himself, so how can this be terrible for the image of WWE? It should be terrible for the image of Chris Benoit!

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Benoit did what he did because of multiple concussions received from giving his life to the WWE and being one of the best of all time. He wasn't Chris Benoit anymore when he did what he did. Using MS's examples, OJ didn't kill two people because of football injuries, Tyson didn't rape a girl because of boxing injuries, and yet everybody praises them. Benoit DVDs should be released 100% unedited, showing just how great he was, because he is now one of the very few who quite literally gave his life to the industry.

C4

Benoit DVDs should be released 100% unedited, showing just how great he was, because he is now one of the very few who quite literally gave his life to the industry.

You're right! Regardless of what he did with his wife and son, Chris Benoit was a wrestler; a great wrestler and he should be remembered because of that, not because of what he did with his family.

thedeadite

Reaction score
I think alot of people don't understand the circumstances, effects or legitimacy of mental illness. It's not something you can always control, and in most cases of high to severe forms of mental illness the person affected doesn't even realize that anything is wrong with them. This doesn't mean a person affected by a mental illness should be "excused" for a crime, just that things aren't as cut and dry as many make it out to be. Take some time to educate yourself on psychology, go visit a psych ward (preferably one that holds people who have major to severe mental illness) and see it for yourself in the flesh.

More on topic, I think that the initial pull of Benoit related things was a good idea. Give the fans, family ect time to heal and time to sort out their own heads on the matter. Erasing him completely off all things for good though isn't accomplishing anything. The man did many great things for the sport of professional wrestling and no true fan will ever be able to deny that, no matter their opinion on the man. In time I wouldn't be surprised to see more and more being re-edited back into the old footage, untill nothing is "erased" any more. Hell, given enough time (another 5-10 years) I could see a another dvd done on just him, explaining his rise to stardom and the tragic way his life ended.

HBKforever

Reaction score
I understand that Benoit was a great wrestler, he was one of my favorites. But under whatever circumstances for WHY he did it, it doesn't change the fact that it did happen. If it was just a suicide, that would be one thing. But the guy killed his wife and son too. I still think that it is too soon for the WWE to start showing him in their dvds. You bring up the points about other sports, but this isn't sport.....this is sports entertainment. These guys are role models for little kids. I agree with the deadite that another 5-10 years is necessary before we should be seeing him back in...but this incident is still fresh in peoples minds.

CT Styles

WWE won't show him because alot of people would feel uncomfortable if they just acted like nothing becuase something DID happen and it was absolutely horrible. I agree that he was a fantastic role model but after what he did I don't feel the same about him anymore. He was one of my wrestling heroes but I can't say he is anymore. So I doubt WWE would show him becuase that is giving good coverage to a man who would be despised if he survived. I wouldn't show him if I was WWE.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I am amazed at the idiocy that continues to be shown in this thread.

Just for reference this is not directed towards Deadite.

Its sports not sports entertainment indeed. What garbage. I can make the same parallels towards actors if you like. Seriously try and find a coherent argument then come back here.