Chris Benoit: Discuss

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Number 1 all-time favorite Benoit match is, with Jericho against the two men power trip.
The match where GOD tore his quad?

Thats another one I’ve seen once maybe twice. I need to watch it again

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Reactions: Chris and Deezy

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Him an Austin in Edmonton was dope as fuck......finish notwithstanding.

Jimmy King

It’s Britney, bitch
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
DjUmJN2
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Sports Team
padres
Favorite Sports Team
Zjaonp3
Yeah, the one with Austin on Smackdown in 01 was great too.

Reactions: Deezy

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
vs. The Rock - Fully Loaded
vs. Chris Jericho - Judgment Day
vs. The Rock/Cactus Jack/Rikishi/Too Cool - Raw (February 7th)
vs. Chris Jericho - Backlash

vs. Two-Men Power Trip - Raw (May 21st)
vs. Stone Cold - Smackdown (May 31st)
TLC III
vs. Kurt Angle - Raw (June 11th) [STEEL CAGE MATCH]
vs. Chris Jericho vs. Eddie Guerrero vs. X-Pac - No Way Out

vs. Edge/Rey Mysterio, Smackdown (November 7th)
WITH Eddie vs. The Rock/Edge, Smackdown (August 1st) SUPER FUCKING UNDERRATED
vs. Edge/Rey Mysterio, No Mercy
vs. Los Guerreros, Smackdown (October 17th)

vs. Brock Lesnar Smackdown (December 4th)
vs. Eddie Guerrero, Vengeance
vs. Los Guerreros, Smackdown (March 13th)
vs. Team Angle, Smackdown (March 6th)

vs. Randy Orton RAW (August 16th)
Royal Rumble 2004
vs. Randy Orton, SummerSlam
vs. Evolution, RAW (June 14th) SUPER UNDERRATED
vs. Triple H, RAW (July 26th)[IRON MAN MATCH]
vs. Shawn Michaels, RAW (May 3rd)
vs. Evolution, RAW (April 12th)
vs. Evolution, RAW (August 2nd)

2005 Coming soon :side:

DammitC

Reaction score
Chris Benoit is one of my all-time favorite talents :mark:

I strongly believe that he is (one of) the best wrestler(s) of all time! Benoit was also really charismatic since he was able to connect with plenty of crowds throughout his career without having to say anything on the mic. His actions spoke louder than his words.

Anyway, I can easily separate the wrester from the man (although I STILL believe that Benoit would not have committed those heinous actions had his brain not been severely damaged to the point where it led to his mental state snapping during his last few weeks of his life, AND that Benoit's family would still be alive with him having no brain injuries).

The 2004 Royal Rumble match is my favorite rumble of all time, and I still consider it to be the best rumble match of all time (followed by the 1992 rumble match). Benoit's performance in that rumble was incredible, especially since he managed to win that contest after lasting over an HOUR and SURVIVING throughout its entirety. I still find myself watching that awesome rumble match to this day :banderas:

That Wrestlemania 20 ending where he won the World Heavyweight championship by beating Triple H and Shawn Michaels moments before hugging Eddie Guerrero (who was his best friend that held the WWE title at the time) has to be one of my all-time favorite Wrestlemania endings :drose

Plus, Benoit's entrance music was fucking awesome to hear, and it's still great for me to listen to :trips8

Overall, Benoit was one hell of a wrestler, and his work alone is worthy enough of being in the Hall of Fame; but I understand that it's for the best not to induct him knowing what happened in that unfortunate tragedy over a decade ago.

With that being said, RIP to Chris Benoit and his family.

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score
He's a piece of shit who killed his son and wife. And his white knights who make excuses over him having CTE make me sick because hundreds of athletes have had CTE and he's the ONLY one who murdered his family. And it's his own fault he had CTE because no one made him treat his head like a test dummy. That was him being a dumbfuck.

The best thing WWE has ever done is erase that monster's legacy.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
He's a piece of shit who killed his son and wife. And his white knights who make excuses over him having CTE make me sick because hundreds of athletes have had CTE and he's the ONLY one who murdered his family. And it's his own fault he had CTE because no one made him treat his head like a test dummy. That was him being a dumbfuck.

The best thing WWE has ever done is erase that monster's legacy.

He may be the only one who murdered his family, but he's not the only one who's murdered. Case in point: Aaron Hernandez. There are probably plenty of other athletes who murdered and have CTE as well.

And nobody white knights his actions. CTE is a serious disease that causes a myriad of mental effects, such as dementia, alzheimers, tremors, and amnesia. Chris Benoit had CTE. People can say he had it and still come to terms with the fact he killed his family. The two are not mutually exclusive, dude.

Edit: That last remark was a bit rude of me, so I'll change it to this:

Nobody white knights Benoit and not a single person has said, "Chris Benoit is innocent because he had CTE" in this thread. People that do say such things are either trolling or might have mental problems themselves. But people accept the fact that Benoit is guilty for what he did. It doesn't make him a monster, but a tragedy.

Last edited:

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score
He may be the only one who murdered his family, but he's not the only one who's murdered. Case in point: Aaron Hernandez. There are probably plenty of other athletes who murdered and have CTE as well.

And nobody white knights his actions. CTE is a serious disease that causes a myriad of mental effects, such as dementia, alzheimers, tremors, and amnesia. Chris Benoit had CTE. People can say he had it and still come to terms with the fact he killed his family. The two are not mutually exclusive, dude.

Nobody white knights Benoit and not a single person has said, "Chris Benoit is innocent because he had CTE" in this thread. People that do say such things are either trolling or might have mental problems themselves. But people accept the fact that Benoit is guilty for what he did. It doesn't make him a monster, but a tragedy.

But it isn't sick, we don't have to like someone because he had good in-ring work. He's a murderer/ a killer that smothered his child and killed his wife then killed himself...like a coward, to some people that supersedes anything.

And he actually did it to himself with the amount of concussions he was causing to himself and not notifying anyone. This great ring work you guys call it, actually caused his brain degradation that led to what happened. If more people wrestled like him then who knows what the hell would happen. So I challenge the notion he was great in ring as well because he wasnt safe to himself.

Remember this?

I think he is a perfect example of what not to do in ring.

Reactions: nWo4Lyfe420

nWo4Lyfe420

Banned
Reaction score

Benoit knew the risks of damaging his brain every time he performed a flying headbutt or suicide dive. That was his choice, and if he wasn't a parent then it's his life, go for it. But it made him irresponsible to do it after he had a kid.

When someone says they enjoy a match of his that means they are enjoying what contributed to turning him into a murderer.

And yes, he absolutely is a monster. A tragedy is when something out of anyone's control happens. That psychopath killed his son and wife with his own hands. That makes everything else he ever did in life irrelevant.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
But it isn't sick, we don't have to like someone because he had good in-ring work. He's a murderer/ a killer that smothered his child and killed his wife then killed himself...like a coward, to some people that supersedes anything.

And he actually did it to himself with the amount of concussions he was causing to himself and not notifying anyone. This great ring work you guys call it, actually caused his brain degradation that led to what happened. If more people wrestled like him then who knows what the hell would happen. So I challenge the notion he was great in ring as well because he wasnt safe to himself.

Remember this?

I think he is a perfect example of what not to do in ring.

Nobody says you have to like Benoit for what he did. But what you're saying is with the power of hindsight. Nobody knew what CTE really was until at least 2005, when it was too late to help Benoit or any athlete from the 70's, 80's or 90's. Most people thought CTE came from boxing and boxing alone. Hell, it took until 2018 for the NFL to admit football causes CTE.

Benoit would have had zero idea his wrestling style would do long term damage to his health nor did anyone else.

But you guys have your opinion. Others have theirs. Let them have theirs.

Reactions: Vegeta

Kingnoth1n

Banned
Reaction score
Nobody says you have to like Benoit for what he did. But what you're saying is with the power of hindsight. Nobody knew what CTE really was until at least 2005, when it was too late to help Benoit or any athlete from the 70's, 80's or 90's. Most people thought CTE came from boxing and boxing alone. Hell, it took until 2018 for the NFL to admit football causes CTE.

Benoit would have had zero idea his wrestling style would do long term damage to his health nor did anyone else.

But you guys have your opinion. Others have theirs. Let them have theirs.

For sure, I just want people to understand the ramifications of his go-for-broke style in the ring, besides looking at surface level stuff like "great match"...yeah but at what cost? So by saying it's great...a person is saying that style of match is great, which is no dice with me.

Bobby Barrows

Trans Rights
Reaction score
Website
facebook.com
Favorite Wrestler
Hv5zY64
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Sports Team
u1fTOMX
Favorite Sports Team
wild
Favorite Sports Team
HDDZGPE
Favorite Sports Team
pUtq1ms
For sure, I just want people to understand the ramifications of his go-for-broke style in the ring, besides looking at surface level stuff like "great match"...yeah but at what cost? So by saying it's great...a person is saying that style of match is great, which is no dice with me.
To be fair to Benoit, very few people ever really suffered long term health effects from that style. Only Dynamite, Benoit, and Misawa (I believe) suffered major health effect from it.

Reactions: Vegeta