Child brings grenades in for show and tell

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SnackZ

Reaction score
I win - Whoop Whoop! - Great work there Jwind. I thought you were gonna take this one but I won. Hooray!

No More Sorrow

Reaction score
CHICOPEE, MA (WSHM) - A routine morning turned into some tense moments at Side by Side Pre-School in Chicopee this morning.
"One of the children came downstairs and he was very excited he had something for show-and-tell. He opened up his backpack and out came two grenades," said co-owner Carole Grenier.

Grenier said at first she thought nothing of the grenades when the boy took them out - that's when several parents walked in whom also happened to be police officers.

"And another parent came down who was a police officer and he said, ‘Oh, no, these can't go to school. You have to call the police,'" said Grenier.

Minutes later the Chicopee police, fire department, state police and a bomb squad were called to 27 Streiber Dr. About 15 children were evacuated from the building while officials investigated.

"Then they had to follow protocol and one thing lead to another and we had all sorts of wonderful vehicles here and everyone's safe and fine," said Grenier.

The grenades were bought from an army surplus store in Westfield and were not live grenades, but Grenier and teachers told CBS 3 Springfield that now they feel safer knowing they're in good hands.

"That's right, we felt very safe, we always have here. So the police and fire department were within minutes. It's really nice to know that we're safe," said Grenier.

The grenades are currently at the Chicopee Police Department for further investigation.