Chelsea Green / Matt Cardona Possibly Returning to WWE?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Wiseman

O.J.A.S.
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
eddiekingston
Favorite Wrestler
coltcabana
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
I never was EVER, that over on Emma and Tegan Nox. But Mia and Chelsea I both think are quality talent to bring back and fit right in with the main roster.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Former WWE Superstar Chelsea Green recently opened up about a possible return to the company under the creative direction of Triple H.

Green was released from her WWE contract last year alongside multiple other talents due to budget cuts. It's been rumored that the company is interested in bringing her back. During her time away from the company, Green has been on a stellar run, winning the IMPACT Knockouts Title and the Knockouts World Tag Team Championship with Deonna Purazzo. She even appeared in Ring of Honor.

Speaking to WrestleZone, Chelsea Green stated that she would be open to a return to the company as she feels that she has unfinished business over there.

“I have unfinished business at WWE, period. But I would go into it totally different than I did the last time, and I think that’s also the beauty of growing up. I have other goals in life now and at some point I want to start a family. It would be nice to close the WWE chapter with another run or another storyline, but that’s not my choice. That’s theirs," said Green.

After Triple H was appointed the Chief Content Officer, he didn't waste any time in bringing back a few names that were released under Vince McMahon. This includes Dakota Kai, Karrion Kross, Emma, and Mia Yim.

Chelsea Green admitted that if WWE re-signs her, things would be different compared to her previous run. The IMPACT star added that she now has a better understanding of how things work in wrestling.

“But this time would be different because I went into it [WWE] the first time, and I was just so doe-eyed and naive, and just thought that I deserved to be listened to and deserved to be heard. Now I realize it’s not always like that... You’re not going to get everything that you ‘deserve’ or everything that you work for, and all you can do is just go in with a totally open mind and just let things happen. So if I did get the chance to go back, and if someone contacted me, I would absolutely have that conversation."

With the Royal Rumble coming up in a few months, we might see a few returns during the match. If Chelsea Green does return to WWE, it could prove to be a great opportunity for Triple H to reintroduce her to fans during the women's Rumble match.

It remains to be seen what the future holds for the former IMPACT Knockouts Champion.​

Y2Jayne

2 levels above, 2 steps ahead
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho2
Favorite Wrestler
DeSDzbM
Favorite Wrestler
9nCExBd
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
Favorite Wrestler
LBaYVuW
Favorite Wrestler
ToxicA
After they brought back Mia fucking Yim, if Chelsea doesn't get another shot what a waste that would be.

Reactions: #Waddles

#Waddles

- Retired Vet -
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ricflair
Favorite Wrestler
LmZfvje
Favorite Wrestler
LDuO6dG
I always thought Chelsea would be a big player in the WWE. I hope she makes a difference once she comes back.

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
There could be another pro wrestling couple on the WWE roster soon in Matt Cardona and Chelsea Green.

Green finished up with Impact Wrestling at the TV tapings held last month and even before she ended her Impact run there was talk that she may be headed back to WWE. Now a new report from Ringside News notes that Green is on her way back, and is expected to return to the company very soon.

Regarding Cardona, he is reportedly on WWE’s radar, according to Ringside News. There’s no word yet on if there are talks between the two sides, but Cardona has expressed interest in wanting one more run with WWE.

Cardona recently declared that the Zack Ryder character is dead when asking if he’d be interested in a WWE return, adding, “Long live Matt Cardona!”

Cardona is still working for Impact Wrestling, and worked the NWA Hard Times III pay-per-view last weekend, as did Green. Cardona and Brian Myers will challenge Impact World Tag Team Champions Heath and Rhino at Impact’s Over Drive event this Friday.​

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
Midcardona is zero buys....no matter how much his horseface wife spams her titties online.

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
unfortunate it's ringside news, but I think that's a fairly good assumption regardless

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Cardona been trolling with the WWE pictures on Twitter with 0 context again too lol I'll believe it when I see it there bc he's gonna play into dirt sheets reports whether they're true or not and then they'll just assume their report is true bc of it

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
I saw Cardona posting pics earlier today of him winning the IC title. He’s definitely feeding into the dirt sheets.

Whether he comes back as Zack Ryder or Matt Cardona, he’s still going to find himself positioned in the same spot he was in when he got let go. Which isn’t necessarily a terrible spot to be in.

Not to knock the dude, but he’ll only be a “Major Player”(pun definitely intended) in the minor leagues. He’ll get lost in the shuffle in AEW and he’ll be a perennial midcarder in WWE.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
Yeah as a fan, I'd much rather him keep doing his thing with the various companies but tbh he's really cooled down anyway. He's in Impact's tag division, not appearing in GCW anymore from what I'm seeing, and lost an NWA title shot this weekend to Tyrus

So from his perspective, if he got an offer I think I'd take it :lol

Reactions: Cwalker

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Don't think we ever get this again lol

• Sad
Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Daddy Dom

Big D Energy
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
iHVgAJe
Favorite Wrestler
eIHNFff
Favorite Wrestler
6SLLEQr
Favorite Wrestler
flCHARR
Favorite Wrestler
hasWyGM
Favorite Sports Team
buffalosabres
Favorite Sports Team
3lUNnUV
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Yea Cardona be a guy that should def stay in the indies he's a major star with his gimmick there. Chelsea is a good addition to the tag division could see her teaming with Aliyah or down the road or Emma but, she shouldn't be near the main event picture. I do like the hot mess gimmick but, they are going to have her be a generic "hot" heel. The hot mess stuff is better

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
fwiw I don't think she's done the hot mess gimmick at all since returning except for like one time?

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
fwiw I don't think she's done the hot mess gimmick at all since returning except for like one time?

In the NWA she did it for like 2 taping cycles and randomly dropped it when Matt showed up lol

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
“WWE bound, most likely. It’s been talked about within the company as it’s something that is happening. I don’t know if she’s put pen to paper, but she did just finish up with IMPACT. So it makes sense. Presumably that says she’s in. Can’t confirm a contract signing, but can confirm that they are talking about it as if it is a done deal, within the company.”

-Dave Meltzer

Reactions: Chris