Chavo Guerrero Bitter Ex Employee or Prophet Of Truthiness?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Kaedon

Reaction score
By now a lot of us have heard and read what Chavo Guerrero has been saying about John Cena. He's lazy in the ring, he only has x number of moves, blah blah blah. Is this just a desperate attempt by Chavo to stay relevant in the wrestling world via twitter and the bloggosphere, or is Chavo saying something that no one has the balls to say? I mean a ton of fans have been saying it for years now. Is he playing off that to get some interest back in the "Chavo Brand" or is he just speaking his mind?

I think it's the former; but most would say I think that because I have a rather cynical (I call it realistic) look at reality and people. This is a great way for him to try and get people to notice him. The WWE seems to be incrementally evolving into a more edgy show so I think he's tapping into that. Good for him, but it's pathetic IMO. He's a great worker and unfortunately he won't settle for just being remembered as that; he has to go after the face of the WWE and the wrestling business. But hey, if you're going to be a bitter has been, might as well try and make some money off it right?

MattHardyV1

Reaction score
Chavo is just trying to draw attention to himself, which idk why he keeps doing it, with like 5 page long tweets and shit. Hes gonna end up in "Mexican America" anyway in like a month or so. And that stable is so corny that one dude in it is a fuckin joke. Chavo is just trying to stay relevant in the meantime. He is a Guerrero though and a good wrestler no disrespect to the man.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
I think he's just saying what everyone's been thinking.

We all know Cena can have some great matches (rr07 vs umaga/vs hbk/vs y2j/etc) from time to time ... but he usually does the whole Cliche/Boring Superman thing every single week.

Probably just wants the guy to be remembered as an HBK/Edge type of wrestler instead of a Hulk Hogan type wrestler....

like honest bro to bro shit...

Dunno why Chavo would be bitter, I'm sure him/mvp/y2j/batista/and now punk all basically wanted out of wwe...

phantomgerald

Reaction score
^^^ What Kenfan said made sense. WWE seems to not have an issue with paying Chavo, since he has scraped by being cut year after year. Yet he asked for his release. WWe has treated him fairly well he just wants to be releveant. Doubt he's bitter I think he's just saying the truth.

Kaedon

Reaction score
His WWE Release: "It was really a longtime coming. I went into the creative offices (after putting over Yoshi Tatsu on Superstars) and asked who's the better wrestler. They said me. I then asked how many countries speak Spanish. And then I asked who have you invested 10 years of television time into. They said me again. And I said they have no legs to stand on. I've always been about business but that's when I said I'm not doing this anymore."

His Career After Eddie's Passing: "I always thought the WWE really dropped the ball after Eddie passed. I always thought the WWE didn't really want to cash in on Eddie's death. But I remember wrestling Triple H and the fans really went crazy for it. But they went with Rey for WrestleMania 22. And I went into Vince's office and told him that could be me. The fans could really get behind me. And instead that went into me turning heel and having a great program with Rey"

thats a lot of should'ves and could'ves. Also sounds like he's jealous of Rey because he got the push and Chavo didnt. Sour grapes man.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
^ Probably more so just frustrated with how his character/or how he was used on the show...
He's a better wrestler than "Guy that gets owned by midget in a comedy match" guy.
But at the same time, his aspirations were a lil' on that "I should be the top guy, me-me-me!" type mtn.
idk, he's a guy that was misused but wasn't gonna be anything bigger than a Hardcore Holly type midcard veteran.
Plus, he has Matt Hardy syndrome....

seX-Power

Reaction score
Here's a guy who just doesn't have "it" to make it past midcard in the WWE. I think that after Eddie died he should've had a little more invested into his face push on Raw and win the IC title or something but that's about it. Never should've been a top guy imo.