Charlotte vs Ripley

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Redboy123@

Reaction score
It's been rumoured that Charlotte will cash in her royal rumble win on the NXT championship against Rea Ripley.

The decision to hand Charlotte the royal rumble win was puzzling and annoying. The prospects of seeing Charlotte vs Becky AGAIN or Charlotte vs Bayley (or anyone on the smackdown roster) are disappointing, uninspired and dim. So why have her win the rumble, if those unattractive matches are what you are left with? Charlotte has plenty of opportunities to win the rumble in the upcoming years. So I personally think it was terrible booking.

However having Charlotte face Ripley for the NXT championship is actually very interesting and a match I would want to see. Two big strong blonde women putting on what's sure to be a fantastic match. It's a great wrestlemania matchup.

Too bad it makes no fucking sense and is a booking nightmare. I like my wrestling to make sense and Charlotte turning down Becky for the nxt championship makes no sense. Charlotte's motivation should be to beat Becky at wrestlemania. A story of revenge and a chance to win back all of the glory off Becky. It's a great character motivation. So that's why it makes no sense for her to choose anyone other then Becky.

She is Charlotte Flair ffs. She should want to prove she is the best at the grandest stage and Becky has been position as the face of the company. A position that Charlotte believes she is deserving of. That's why it was so important that she didn't win the rumble. Charlotte refusing to wrestle Becky at mania is a massive slap in the face to fans. Even though fans would want to see Charlotte vs Ripley, for the sake of coherent storytelling and integrity it better not happen.

...unless they book themselves out of this corner. I don't think they can

Jay-Ashley

The War Dog Rebel
Reaction score
If Rhea wins and Charlotte puts over Rhea over then I am fine, but if Charlotte wins then that is an awful decision.

Redboy123@

Reaction score
If Rhea wins and Charlotte puts over Rhea over then I am fine, but if Charlotte wins then that is an awful decision.
Yh that's the way to go. But to book the match in the first place makes no sense.

If you are gonna have Charlotte go after the nxt title then can't have her win the rumble. Just have her get frustrated that she lost and go to nxt and pick a fight with Ripley. That way we don't have to deal with this massive pothole.

But then again people are willing to put up with it making no sense just so we don't get Becky vs Charlotte again

Reactions: Jay-Ashley

Mustafar Reginald

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Granted I haven't watched WWE since like, Mania but from what I understand from keeping tabs, Charlotte choosing Rhea makes just as much sense to me as her selecting Becky.

For starters, aren't Becky and Charlotte past their rivalry and back to being on good terms? I mean, they were challenging the Kabuki Warriors for the Tag Team Championships last month. Again, I don't really know the circumstances of the match, the only thing I really know about it is that apparently Charlotte values match quality over the health and safety of her fellow wrestlers so maybe the angle made it clear they still hated each-other but if it did, it didn't seem to play into the match since the finish was like Asuka, pulling the ladders with rope or something. Which I'm bringing up because clearly it should've if there was still enough hostility between the two that Charlotte would choose Becky on that factor alone. Of course I'm not saying that Charlotte is the type of character who places friendships above championships, but I'm just trying to say that their rivalry has presumably cooled off enough that it wouldn't really factor into Charlotte's decision since it doesn't seem like Charlotte is still festering on in that grudge last year.

Now they could easily make that argument you mentioned for Charlotte's motivation, but unless they've been displaying Charlotte still being bitter over that whole Becky wins at Mania fiasco then her not selecting Becky doesn't really constitute as a plothole. It's great justification mind you but if it wasn't shown affecting her prior, say like with Shawn when he wanted to go for the streak again or Cena after losing to The Rock, then I don't really see it as incoherent plotting (especially from what I can tell, they've actually shown the exact opposite with her seemingly cordially working with Becky).

To be honest, I think there's great justification for Charlotte to choose any of the three. Like Bayley, in terms of feats she's the longest reigning Smackdown Women's Champion by combined reigns, but more in terms of Charlotte Bayley did take the Championship off of Charlotte after only five days like Charlotte was Sasha Banks. I have no idea if they feud ended with Bayley regaining the Championship or if Charlotte got a re-match, but if she didn't boom there you go.

Then there's Rhea, I think Charlotte has ample justification for challenging Rhea. For starters, Charlotte has proven she can beat Becky Lynch and Bayley because she has beaten Becky Lynch and Bayley. If she wants to prove she's the greatest, yeah it's true Becky and Bayley are on career highs right now but it's also true she's beaten them before. On the other hand, Rhea Ripley pinned Charlotte Flair on the go-home show before Survivor Series. Rhea then went on to win War Games (I think), and then secure victory in the Survivor Series tag match against Raw & SD women (including Charlotte though I believe Asuka got rid of Charlotte so maybe that doesn't matter so much). It's only one, maybe two matches at a stretch, but Rhea is essentially undefeated against Charlotte.

But beyond that, Rhea is the future of the division. Along with that three day streak of pinning Charlotte, winning War Games (I think), winning Survivor Series, Rhea also manage to defeat the dominate Shayna Baszler for the NXT Championship, and Rhea was the inaugural NXT UK Champion. Hell, she even won it in an eight women tournament, similar to how Charlotte first won the NXT Championship. Which is a pretty neat parallel, they can also use their tall heights and blonde hair as one. I don't think it'd be out of character for Charlotte to notice the incredible rising stock of Rhea Ripley and wanting to beat her to prove she's still the Queen over the new crop of talent. Story-wise, I also think that'd be a fitting inverse to her SummerSlam bout against Trish. At the biggest shows of the year, she fights the greatest of the past, then the greatest of the future, to prove she rules over the present.

But even if that doesn't work for you, there's a pretty simple solution. Charlotte doesn't have to initiation the contact. Have Rhea want to prove herself, have Rhea want a WrestleMania moment instead of being relegated to Takeover, have Rhea bring up her pinfall victory over Charlotte and how successful she's been in such a short time, and have her initiate contact with Charlotte. You can have Charlotte out with Bayley & Becky about to choose her opponent, hell even tease that she's about to select Becky, then have Rhea interrupt and challenge Charlotte directly herself. Charlotte could easily be provoked into accepting that. Or you could just have Rhea out-right attack Charlotte, though I prefer the former. Or you could combine the two, if Charlotte doesn't seem like she's going to accept, have Rhea attack Charlotte. That could lead into a few things but most certainly would lead into Charlotte vs. Rhea. Point being, Charlotte's not the only one with agency in her decision, if Rhea makes the move on Charlotte, Charlotte choosing Rhea would make sense. Though as I previously stated, I think there's justification anyway for Charlotte to challenge her.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I am so down for this. SO down. The main roster only has 5 women worth anything, and Charlotte vs any of the other 4 is beyond played out.

Shayna vs Becky
Charlotte vs Ripley
Sasha vs Bayley

Great lineup there. :)

Reactions: alexb

Vampire Quinn

The Guardian
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan
Favorite Wrestler
deanambrose
Favorite Wrestler
mickfoley
Favorite Wrestler
bookert
Favorite Wrestler
vampiro
Favorite Sports Team
RHZ7KJg
I have seen Ripley In a few Matches and she seems really good in the ring. A match between Charlotte and Ripley? Well, that just sounds like an interesting match up.

czw787

Reaction score
I don't like Shayna, but she should won. Let's be honest Charlotte probably won, because Ronda ain't coming back and I think WWE might finally be done with that silly mma project

czw787

Reaction score
I would like to see that, just so they can put over Rhipley. Imo it should be Rhipley vs Piper Niven to put over Rhea strong. I want to see Rhea win so bad my d***'s hard

Redboy123@

Reaction score
For starters, aren't Becky and Charlotte past their rivalry and back to being on good terms?
They never became friends. Just teamed together cuz the Kabuki Warriors were putting shit on both of them.

The raw title s is the top belt. Its main events wrestlemania. It's where the spotlight is. It's where the most money is. Doeant matter I'd the raw champ is Charlotte's best friend or not Charlotte flair will always go for the biggest spotlight.

Its not about choosing who she hates the most. Its about being the best. Becky has been booked to be the beat. Charlotte wants to be the best. Forgone conclusion she will face Becky.

Also the nxt title means fuck all to Charlotte. She already won it. She iant going to main event mania with the nxt belt. The belt shouldn't be seen as more prestigious then the raw belt that has previously main events mania and is held by the women who has been positioned as the face of the company. Why would she want to go for the nxt title. Makes no sense.

To be honest, I think there's great justification for Charlotte to choose any of the three. Like Bayley, in terms of feats she's the longest reigning Smackdown Women's Champion by combined reigns, but more in terms of Charlotte Bayley did take the Championship off of Charlotte after only five days like Charlotte was Sasha Banks. I have no idea if they feud ended with Bayley regaining the Championship or if Charlotte got a re-match, but if she didn't boom there you go.
Makes alot more sense then Ripley bit even still in what universe would Charlotte not want to avenge her loss over Becky at the very same stage. I dunno I'm finding it difficult to see why she would run away from Becky.

Then there's Rhea, I think Charlotte has ample justification for challenging Rhea. For starters, Charlotte has proven she can beat Becky Lynch and Bayley because she has beaten Becky Lynch and Bayley. If she wants to prove she's the greatest, yeah it's true Becky and Bayley are on career highs right now but it's also true she's beaten them before. On the other hand, Rhea Ripley pinned Charlotte Flair on the go-home show before Survivor Series. Rhea then went on to win War Games (I think), and then secure victory in the Survivor Series tag match against Raw & SD women (including Charlotte though I believe Asuka got rid of Charlotte so maybe that doesn't matter so much). It's only one, maybe two matches at a stretch, but Rhea is essentially undefeated against Charlotte.
The survivor series match would of been great justification for them but they just didnt book it that way. Why would Charlotte be intimidated by Rheas accomplishments and why would she think she is any better. She hasn't done anything yet to prove she is at Charlotte's level yet. Like she ain't the shit on Charlotte's show. Like she is a flair.

It's aggreat match to book but the fact Charlotte has a shot at a greater prize in a larger matchup is the plothole. I dont think what Ripley has done in nxt is enough for Charlotte to snub a wrestlemania worthy match to get revenge and be the biggest womans star in history just so she can beat the apparent future.

But even if that doesn't work for you, there's a pretty simple solution. Charlotte doesn't have to initiation the contact. Have Rhea want to prove herself, have Rhea want a WrestleMania moment instead of being relegated to Takeover, have Rhea bring up her pinfall victory over Charlotte and how successful she's been in such a short time, and have her initiate contact with Charlotte. You can have Charlotte out with Bayley & Becky about to choose her opponent, hell even tease that she's about to select Becky, then have Rhea interrupt and challenge Charlotte directly herself. Charlotte could easily be provoked into accepting that. Or you could just have Rhea out-right attack Charlotte, though I prefer the former. Or you could combine the two, if Charlotte doesn't seem like she's going to accept, have Rhea attack Charlotte. That could lead into a few things but most certainly would lead into Charlotte vs. Rhea. Point being, Charlotte's not the only one with agency in her decision, if Rhea makes the move on Charlotte, Charlotte choosing Rhea would make sense. Though as I previously stated, I think there's justification anyway for Charlotte to challenge her.
I dont agree with the justification for Charlotte o her own accord snub Becky and Bayley for Ripley. But they can make it work if Ripley makes the challenge. That would 100 percent be the way to go. I like your idea of Charlotte choosing between Bayley and Becky cuz that actually makes sense. Ripley will look like a badass for punching up. Instead if Charlotte being a pussy for punching down. I would personally have baszler beat Charlotte for the title shot then have Charlotte go for the nxt title in frustration. Then have Ripley go over.

But yh terrible booking from wwe. Have Charlotte lose the rumble so she can get desperate and challenge for the nxt title and then have Ripley pull the upset off. Could of been a good story. They can still do it that way but still.
I am so down for this. SO down. The main roster only has 5 women worth anything, and Charlotte vs any of the other 4 is beyond played out.

Shayna vs Becky
Charlotte vs Ripley
Sasha vs Bayley

Great lineup there. :emoji_slight_smile:
Yh but it makes no storyline sense.

Apoho Creed

I'm the Doctor
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
Yeah I heard this rumor earlier today and I laughed at the thought of Charlotte vs Rhea Ripley. Charlotte has already been NXT Women's Champion, their would be no need for her to face Ripley at WM, even if you say Charlotte think Rhea is on the level of Becky and Bayley, which right now she isn't in my opinion. Neither are setting the World on fire either, but I just don't see it happening. If Charlotte wins, she'll barely defend it and barely be on NXT being apart of the Main Roster, and I don't think we as a fanbase want to see that for the Championship. The only time we see it is when Rhea comes to the Main Roster, and that might not be for quite awhile I feel.

Reactions: Redboy123@

sportsnews

Reaction score
Website
sportsinfonow.com
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Now Charlotte done all possible things and achieve all things in WWE. So now this is time that WWE use her to over coming new WWE superstar.

Just Kevin

All I can be is just Me!
Reaction score
This rumor was further promoted by Ronda Rousey on Corey Graves podcast...

I doubt it will happen.. but I'm guessing a triple threat between Shayna, Ronda, and Becky is much more likely at WM... Sasha vs Bayley... and with that the only other plausible thing would be Charlotte vs Rhea. I wouldn't mind getting those 3 matches... they are all WM worthy.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
There is precedence for something like this. When McMahon wanted to make the new ECW seem important, he sent down one of his biggest stars in Kurt Angle. Now that he wants NXT to defeat AEW, I think it's plausible he sends arguably his biggest female star NXT. This would bring up the brand value and get more eyes on NXT. There are a ton of new match ups for Chalottle (Bianca, Io, etc) to hold interest for quite a while, and make new female stars that can be shuffled around RAW/Smackdown to keep things fresh. This could be a straightforward way of WWE saying NXT is no longer the "minor leagues" and is an equal third brand next to RAW and Smackdown.

Reactions: Just Kevin

Redboy123@

Reaction score
There is precedence for something like this. When McMahon wanted to make the new ECW seem important, he sent down one of his biggest stars in Kurt Angle. Now that he wants NXT to defeat AEW, I think it's plausible he sends arguably his biggest female star NXT. This would bring up the brand value and get more eyes on NXT. There are a ton of new match ups for Chalottle (Bianca, Io, etc) to hold interest for quite a while, and make new female stars that can be shuffled around RAW/Smackdown to keep things fresh. This could be a straightforward way of WWE saying NXT is no longer the "minor leagues" and is an equal third brand next to RAW and Smackdown.
Yeah but from a character point of view, why would the character of Charlotte Flair choose to do that when she still has unfinished business with both Becky and Bayley.

Senhor Perfect

Bulletproof
Reaction score
Yeah but from a character point of view, why would the character of Charlotte Flair choose to do that when she still has unfinished business with both Becky and Bayley.
She could say she's tired of the same old matchups with Becky, Sasha and Bayley and wants a new challenge. She could say she wants revenge for the SS loss. She could say shes dominated RAW/Smackdown for long enough, and now that NXT is no longer small time, she wants to prove to all the newer girls shes the best. She could say Andrade is too clingy and she wants some time apart....there are plenty of reasons.