Charlie Sheen's One man Stage show in Detroit

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Montana

Windows Vista

Does anyone else have it? Have you heard anything about it? Good or bad?

I just got it, like today and im not enjoying it much. Its pretty much the same as XP, but harder to use. Like im having a hard time organizing and finding files. Perhaps its just going to take some time to get used to , but i think they didn't make any real improvements.

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Don't have it and by the sounds of the reviews I'm not gonna get it. Thanks for the warnings from the two of you :)

King_Ash

Reaction score
I've got it, and I have had no problems with it. It is hard to get used to when you first use it but like XP it becomes easier and easier the more you use it. I like it and alot of people complain about how bad it is but they dont have any facts to back up their claims.

ITS ABSOLUTE SHIT AND IS A RIP OFF OF XP AND JUST HAS A DIFFERENT LAYOUT...YOU'VE BEEN WARNED!

Perfect example of someone who doesnt actually have Vista and is just joining the bandwagon and bagging it because Microsoft made it, I remember when Xp was released ages ago, the same comments were said about it compaired to 98. So if you want to complain please have some things to complain about rather then complaining for the sake of complaining. I love Microsoft, I like the Xbox I like their operating systems and their office products, always have. So before you judge on previous experinces with Microsoft which arent true, buy it or download it whatever you want to do and try it rather then just saying its bad cause everyone else does and your just following the crowd. FFS Grow Up!

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Yeah, just give it some time.

I could upgrade, but I'll probably just wait a year and let them iron out some bugs.

Though I have used it and its just a matter of getting used to it again. I hated XP when it came out I was so mad that they screwed with the format, but like 3 days later it was fine.

Rated PG-13

Reaction score
Really though, I've been to The_Edges house and he does have it. Maybe you should think before you blame someone for joining the Bandwagon

The_Edge

Reaction score
The Place Where Americans Think Always Snows
Yeah, just give it some time.

I could upgrade, but I'll probably just wait a year and let them iron out some bugs.

Though I have used it and its just a matter of getting used to it again. I hated XP when it came out I was so mad that they screwed with the format, but like 3 days later it was fine.

True, but soon I will have to get used to it...Since now every computer made has it on there.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
True, but soon I will have to get used to it...Since now every computer made has it on there.

Get a Mac?

I've been tempted personally, but I have this aversion to Macs, dunno why. Just something about them.

This Guy

Um if you get a mac your probably not going to like it anyways, because Windows has alwasy been a more or less rip off of the Mac O/S and Vista is the closest yet. So if you hate Vista your probably not going to like a Mac either.

I admit I'm yet to try it, but most of the reviews I've read are quite positive and the improvement its going to make to gaming is awesome. A lot of new PC games are going to start to have a rating number. Vista will tell you what your computer systems number is and as long as your computer is the same number or higher then the games rating number you can run it. Working for EB Games I can't tell you how much it pisses me off when people come in and claim that yeah they checked the requirements and they can run it then want a refund when it turns out it doesn't work because they don't have enough ram or whatever. With Vista and the new rating system all you need to know is one number. Thats it.

Reaction score
^^ that gaming number seems liek it will help out with computer games a lot. i have personally never used it, and am no tinterested in doing so until i have to. the xp system runs fine for me... and imo, there is no point in getting something just for the sake of getting it. im no hardcore computer guy or anythign liek that... basicly i listen to music, go on here and myspace... and thats about all i do on the computer. aside from getting the music i listen to, and i dnt see how vista will improve any of those things

Montana

Not much at all, when searching for music folders have a search key to find certain tracks...thats about it. The 3-D look is kinda cool, although not needed at all.

My Windows media player doesnt work flawlessly either, its hard to explain it takes a couple extra seconds to load and then it almost sounds like its skippin but its not.

Markz

Reaction score
The 3-D look is kinda cool, although not needed at all.

Either are most things in a computer. lol