Charlie Haas Retires

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Castiel

Reaction score
Officially retired. No match against (Shelton Benjamin) next week NYC. Time to be a full time dad and husband. I've turned my spandex in for scrubs

- From his Twitter.

His last match tonight was a loss to Jeff Lewis Neal. Wasn't a fan of his "you know what pisses me off?" gimmick but he had some great moments, especially his impersonations back in 2007(?). Would've been really nice for him to go out facing Benjamin, no clue why he couldn't wait for that. Reports say he was visibly crying in the ring during his last promo.

Postman Dave

Reaction score
I'll believe it after next weekend.

Sabretooth

Reaction score
Ok so he can't wait one more week to retire against Benjamin?

Postman Dave

Reaction score
Word is a lot went down backstage at the show leading to all this. This may not be an angle....

Castiel

Reaction score
It does seem like something had to be going on behind the scenes for something like this. I'm buying it. PWI says it's legit:

For those who have asked, we are told the Charlie Haas retirement announcement was legitimate, not an angle devised for ROH's storylines.