Character discussion thread.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
One question.

Bookers are bookers, they book the matches/segments but who writes them? The character creators? Do the bookers choose who writes it or do we both write it and they choose the best one? I know there's a help thread or 2 but it didn't explain the roles of everyone.

My first e-fed experience, don't hate.

KaiserGlider

Jobber
Reaction score
Bookers book the matches/segments and then the people who's characters are in the match/segment write it. For example, if Thewindyfan made a match between Adam's and Crayo's characters, Adam and Crayo write the match.

So lets say Crayo writes for Undertaker and Adam writes for HHH, and the description of the match is this:

Match - Undertaker vs HHH (Crayo & Adam)

Both men give it their all in a tremendous contest. Triple H tries his hardest to put away the deadman, but ultimately falls victim to a Tombstone Piledriver, scoring Taker the win.

The typical thing that would happen is Adam would start the match off, maybe do the first half, then PM the match to Crayo to finish, since Crayo's character (Taker) is winning. Then once Crayo is finished, he PMs it to the bookers, who put it into the show. And of course Crayo and Adam could send the match back and forth to each other if they wanted, but the usual way is one person writes the first half, the other person (usually the one who wins) writes the second half and turns it in.

Hope that helps.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
KaiserGlider said:
Bookers book the matches/segments and then the people who's characters are in the match/segment write it. For example, if Thewindyfan made a match between Adam's and Crayo's characters, Adam and Crayo write the match.

So lets say Crayo writes for Undertaker and Adam writes for HHH, and the description of the match is this:

Both men give it their all in a tremendous contest. Triple H tries his hardest to put away the deadman, but ultimately falls victim to a Tombstone Piledriver, scoring Taker the win.

The typical thing that would happen is Adam would start the match off, maybe do the first half, then PM the match to Crayo to finish, since Crayo's character is winning. Then once Adam is finished, he PMs it to the bookers, who put it into the show. And of course Crayo and Adam could send the match back and forth to each other if they wanted, but the usual way is one person writes the first half, the other person (usually the one who wins) writes the second half and turns it in.

Hope that helps.

Really helpful. After the characters submit it to the bookers, do the bookers get to edit it?

KaiserGlider

Jobber
Reaction score
Well they can if they want to, but they should only do it for a special reason like if somebody didn't write what they were supposed to, or something bad really needs to be changed (and they should let the writers know about the edit). Otherwise, they shouldn't change stuff that doesn't involve their character.

Asskicker

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.youtube.com
KaiserGlider said:
Well they can if they want to, but they should only do it for a special reason like if somebody didn't write what they were supposed to, or something bad really needs to be changed (and they should let the writers know about the edit). Otherwise, they shouldn't change stuff that doesn't involve their character.

So the writers just edit what the characters come up with for booking?

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
I'm the head booker, if no one has taken the position yet, who's with me?

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
KaiserGlider said:

The typical thing that would happen is Adam would start the match off, maybe do the first half, then PM the match to Crayo to finish, since Crayo's character (Taker) is winning. Then once Crayo is finished, he PMs it to the bookers, who put it into the show. And of course Crayo and Adam could send the match back and forth to each other if they wanted, but the usual way is one person writes the first half, the other person (usually the one who wins) writes the second half and turns it in.

Hope that helps.
I thought as much, cheers.

Also @[Zamorakian] you seem a bit rash in everything you do and a little unstable emotionally. If you're going to be head booker, which if you're running this thing is another job, then you need to be dedicated and patient enough to work with everyone involved. Whoever is running this federation will need to keep an eye on everything involving bookers, writes, characters and making sure everything runs smoothly. So a booker is another job on top of that.

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Adam said:
I thought as much, cheers.

Also @[Zamorakian] you seem a bit rash in everything you do and a little unstable emotionally. If you're going to be head booker, which if you're running this thing is another job, then you need to be dedicated and patient enough to work with everyone involved. Whoever is running this federation will need to keep an eye on everything involving bookers, writes, characters and making sure everything runs smoothly. So a booker is another job on top of that.

Well from what i know i think that @[Crayo]. wanted me to run this federation since he didn't want to and i can do that i'm not stupid. This federation doesn't have anything to do with my rash attitude as long as i do what i should do and if i do it properly and treat everyone fairly which i will definitely do, if me and @[Jonathan]. are not that friendly to each other that doesn't make me treat him wrong in this federation, instead I'd deal with our problems by PM.

Thanks for the heads up though buddy.

Adam

Jobber
Reaction score
I'm not putting you down, I think you'd be great for the position of running the federation with another couple of guys. Hell you and Jonathan - one heel one face haha. It's just you know you've got to be passionate and put a lot of time in to it.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Hey I don't have a problem with @[Zamorakian] - Everyone has arguements.
I think we could make a great team as head bookers. He could be John Lauranitis, the heel, and I could be Vince, the face :p

Zamorakian

BITW
Reaction score
Jonathan said:
Hey I don't have a problem with @[Zamorakian] - Everyone has arguements.
I think we could make a great team as head bookers. He could be John Lauranitis, the heel, and I could be Vince, the face :p

Well i don't think head bookers are supposed to be Brand General Managers or even play in this federation? I think we can be called the "Board of Directors".

But ofcourse we can create our characters just like anybody else.

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
Zamorakian said:
Well i don't think head bookers are supposed to be Brand General Managers or even play in this federation? I think we can be called the "Board of Directors".

But ofcourse we can create our characters just like anybody else.
[align=LEFT]I meant like, for every good decision I make, you strike it down because you're a heel. It was a joke BTW :cool:[/align]