Character Change

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Pete

Reaction score
I had an idea for Jacqui, but wanted to gauge your opinions because it involves a change in gimmick, appearance and in-ring name.

She would still be the same person (I would build up to it of course), just wearing a different "mask".

Would this be allowed? I'm asking because when DeSanto did it we bumped him all the way down, and I don't want that to happen to me.

The_King

Reaction score
Personally against it. New ring name, new gimmick, new appearance= new character in my book. Maybe I'm misreading though?

Pete

Reaction score
It's hard to explain. Say I watched, uh, Star Wars, right? And I was a big fan of Han Solo. So I started coming to the ring dressed as him and asking people to call me Han Solo. But really I wasn't Han Solo, I was still Petey, obviously.

It's that sort of thing.

BDC

Reaction score
a new nickname, I see. a new gimmick. I just don't like the whole change of name thing...

The_King

Reaction score
It's hard to explain. Say I watched, uh, Star Wars, right? And I was a big fan of Han Solo. So I started coming to the ring dressed as him and asking people to call me Han Solo. But really I wasn't Han Solo, I was still Petey, obviously.
It's that sort of thing.
I get what you're going for, but personally, I'm still against it. Sorry man, but if Beedz and Prime are cool with it, I'll get over it haha.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I had thought I commented on this but I'm with King it's the same thing as Desanto unless you can do it similar to Mr. America where it's blatantly obvious or something.

Pete

Reaction score
Right. I was going to keep this under wraps, but here's what I want to do:

Jacqui's been reading The Girl Who Played With Fire and identifying with the main character. So at the Pay-Per-View, against Demon, she's going to come out looking like her (hence why she's getting tattoos and covering her head this week :) ) and then after that, she is going to demand that everyone call her Lisbeth Salander. Everyone will still be calling her Jacqui, or Monroe, whatever, but she'll get really angry and demand she be called by her new name, until eventually the gimmick transformation is complete.

I will of course work this out in RPs as well as the shows, it won't be like what Andrew did :p

So...do I have a green light with this? I know King is fine with it :D