Character Cap

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
I really think it should be back down to 2 period you can either have a singles and a tag team or two singles. I mean as it is BDC and Pete you two combined probably account for half the current active roster. With Andrew accounting for the non active portion

Last edited:

Pete

Reaction score
Aw man :( I don't want to have to drop anyone! PLEASE let me have Multiplex?

Fuck Andrew, don't let him be the reason we're regressing!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
We'd be regressing cause it's unneeded to have half of creative make up half the roster.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Problem is, I have stories to tell with all three of them...

Kudos to you Imagine if you and BDC had three seperate guys and they didn't face each other that's six matches where every match involves a member of staff. That then also assumes that your facing me and King in at least two of those matches. If your not every match on the card would involve a different member of staff. I think it's a bit much.

The_King

Reaction score
Not to ruin your plans Pete, but I agree with Prime. Roster is far too crowded as it is, and having staff dominate the card is just shady from a non-staffers view point.

BDC

Reaction score
lol...I've got a single and a tag. That's it. Don't make this about me. I left the whole cap up to you guys. I don't need a third wheel.
Too much goin on as it is. To say the roster is crowded, though, and, then, say me and Petey are HALF the roster is a little overstatement. lol...

Pete

Reaction score
Syn
RRS
Ben
PY
Lewb
Shaun
S_F
Slim
Andrew
KIF (who's back)
Andy
Macabre/Derrick
FWR
Chriss (when he comes back)
Deuce said he'd be coming in

Non-staffers.

Are you guys letting one person cloud your judgement (Andrew), or have yoiu been listening to certain people in the roister? I'm not giving those people that pleasure, that's for sure...I'll drop somebody if you guys metaphorically strap me down and force me to, but not before then.

Last edited:

The_King

Reaction score
Not letting anyone cloud my judgment because I do think it's a legit issue. However, this isn't the time to take on these petty things imo. Let's get a footing and set up all the divisions, and then we can focus on these technical rules.

Pete

Reaction score
If I have to drop anybody, I'll injure Jacqui after the Striking Distance match with Demon. Then I'll do my shit with Plex, and bring her back (if I run out of Steam with Plex) after that.

It's really hard, because she's unique (only girl) and people like her, but if I had to choose, in a pinch, she's the one giving me the least to work with RP-wise.

I don't think it's that serious, however, because there's plenty of people to cover the cracks. All those I mentioned up there, plus Deuce said he'd be coming in shortly, and there's also FWR with his new character. If you had been in PWA, Prime, you would be over the moon with the current state of affairs, trust me :)

I know "some people" (*cough* RRS! *cough*) have a problem with me having three characters, hence the comment above. It was out of line and spiteful, and I'm sorry.

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Well I wasn't in PWA and compared to all the feds (FEW CWA RMW etc.)I've been in the state of affairs is quite lacking. You put a list of names cool and all but most of those names have one guy some have two you and Andrew have three. Yes Andrew isn't rping but that has nothing to do imo with the fact that three is just one too many. If every member of staff had two people and didn't face each other on a single card that's still 8 matches. I just don't think the show should revolve around staff (which is why McHenry will seldom wrestle) to me we can increase the cap once we have enough match writers and consistent rpers to allow us to do so.

Pete

Reaction score
Here's where our different backgrounds come into play. Because I keep gushing to BDC about how much activity we have. Once you've been on a show where literally three people formed the whole card (as in, three RPers each with 2-7 characters), one or two no-shows are no longer such a problem :D

Like I said, if i HAVE TO, then I'd rather drop Jacqui in the manner detailed. But I don't think it's that much of a problem. If they don't want the show to revolve around Staff, hey, guess what - all they have to do is stop no-showin' and start fucking paying their dues!

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler