Chaos Theory Wrestling

• Thread starter Chuck Taylor's Grenade
  • Start date
  • Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Qwake

Opening with Hero/Chaos: Great way to start the show, Hero's opening line hooked me into reading the whole show, was brilliant! Nicely written, in character and Hero and Chaos' rivalry is heating up nicely with Chaos doing whatever it takes for Hero to lose the Championship. A fatal 4-Way for the belt should be good, with Whitmer already announced to be there and a match between Quack and Strong later in the show to decide the third man its looking really good. Great start.

Naptown Dragons interview: Don't really know these guys all that well but it was a nice little promo and they got their point across, I don't know about them being tag title contenders and facing Ki and Cide though lol, only because I barely know them. Not a bad promo.

Proving Ground Match: I only know Rhett Titus out of the lot and while he's not the greatest inring wrestler his character is awesome, don't know the other three guys though. I don't think this was the right match to start the show with, I doubt many people know these guys so maybe it could have been better to open with a match with more familiar wrestlers and have these guys later in the show, not a bad match just not sure about opening with it.

Sabian/Chuck segment: This was plain awesome imo. Chucky T is God! Very well written, incharacter and it sets up the 'Final Battle' of the two at the next big event which hopefully Chuck comes out on top. Also the stealing of the briefcase is interesting, nicely done and could be promo of the show for me, mainly cause of Chuck :y:

Delirious Vs Sexxy Eddy: You nailed Delirious' promo before the match >_> Good match and its always good to have title defences on normal shows, it was quite competitive which was good even though I pretty much knew Delirious was leaving still the Champ, the ending to the match was also good, makes them both look good.

Steve Corino Segment: Very interesting, I wasn't too sure where it was going at first. What I liked most about this was Low Ki and Homicide beating the shit out of Pondo out back, good to see the Naptown Dragons make the save, makes things a little more interesting in the tag feud. Mr Chaos' announcements following that were awesome, we get a great tag match up next but also one next week, nice booking!

Whitmer/Dragon Vs Ki/Cide: Great match, very back and fourth and I had know idea as to who would win. Nearing the end of the match I was excited to see who would get the win, I thought Ki was gonna get DQed when he got the belt, I was almost certain that was going to happen but Haze made the save which also adds to the Naptown Dragons feud with Ki and Cide. Great ending to the match, nicely done booking-wise too.

Roderick Strong Interview: Its Roddy and he's speaking so I don't expect much out of this, his feud with Jacobs is awesome and get more interesting as it goes but he just really can't do great promos, you did this well for who you were using and I can't wait to see what happens with these guys next.

Roderick Strong Vs Mike Quackenbush: As expected by me, Match of the Night. I am a huge fan of these two, moreso Roddy then Quack. It was probably the perfect length, it didn't drag but it didn't end in an instance either so that was good. The two mixed well, I'd like to see them have a few matches irl, it was back and fourth and I wish they both could have advanced to the Fatal 4-Way but I guess its good Strong didn't because he has his feud with Jacobs. Nice to see Quack being pushed and the loss to Roddy doesn't make him look bad because he nearly had the win but lost by rollup. Strong kicking Quacks ass afterwards owned too lol.

Lacey/Jacobs aftermath: Good for Jimmy! Good stuff here, adds to the stuff with Roddy, I see Strong somehow disrupting the wedding or something later on down the track which could be good. There are many angles you could take with this so its interesting to say the least.

Overall: Very good comeback show Spiral, I always like reading your shows not only because theyre good but also because it helps me become more familiar with indy talents. Some very good matches and promos and youve left me thinking about many of the storylines, hopefully you post shows and hopefully I can read them :D 7.5/10

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I’ll be honest, I wasn’t going to review this show because CTW has enough name recognition and you have enough popularity as a Booker that I didn’t feel that you would need my feedback. But then you reviewed my show, unprovoked. And put my review style to shame with a very well written out critique of WCPW. So as per the Booker’s Code (It’s gotta be somewhere around here, lol) I will return the favor and give you an in depth review of your return program.

Chris Hero/Chaos Promo:
Definitely hit the nail on the head with Chris Hero. He’s as douchey and arrogant as one could imagine him in real life. Mr. Chaos possibly losing the mask seems like it could be a big deal. Maybe you’ve got something planned for it as a shocker, or maybe it’s just gonna be a general unmasking. But we don’t know if he’s being unmasked at all now do we? Lol.

Naptown Dragons:
I know next to nothing about Vortekz & Younger. That said, they didn’t seem to have much in the way of personality. But that’s probably how it really is on the Indy’s with their promos. That said, I don’t see them standing a chance against Homicide & Low Ki.

CTW Proving Ground:
Rhett Titus & Jon Moxley Vs. Da Soul Touchaz
Love Da Soul Touchaz. Enough to put them in a BTB? Not really. But still, good to see them get some face time. I think Marshe Rockett got alot of good offense individually. Didn’t see much from Willie. Lots of good tag team psychology here with alot of big moves. I think maybe, just maybe, it was a tad long towards the end. Luckily it ended pretty soon before it felt tedious to read so it’s not all bad.
Overall a nice little ** match.

Chuck Taylor/Sabian Promo:
The colors are really starting to get distracting. I guess most quality BTB’s these days use alot of color. It’s just not my style. I don’t get the whole “chuuuuck” sequence. But Chuck Taylor seemed rather tame. Maybe you have him as a face in this BTB, but he didn’t clique with me. Neither did Sabian but I guess the variable in this match was Chuck getting his briefcase stolen.

Delirious Open Challenge Vs. Sexxxy Eddy
Delirious being Light Heavyweight Champion pwns your face off. Sexxxy Eddy seems like a weird pick for a BTB. I’m getting the fact that this is an Indy oriented BTB, but you’re reaaaally digging at the bottom of the barrel if you have Sexxy Eddy on your roster. Overall I thought the match was unnecessarily competitive. I know that sounds counter-productive but I’m sure it’s not easy writing matches that long and all it does is burn out your readers before they get to the REALLY good stuff. Delirious retained which was good, gotta love Delirious. Otherwise can’t comment on much as I had to start skimming through the action because I just don’t believe Sexxxy Eddy should be that competitive of an opponent for anybody. It says more for the fact that Delirious is a weak champion more than it puts over Eddy.
*3/4 Stars.

The Enterprise Promo:
Stevie Corino? Check. Bryan Danielson? Check. Dylan Summers....who the fuck is Dylan Summers? And why is he Chaos champion? Either way solid promo working by Steve Corino as one would expect. Looks to destroy the championship, but then Ian Rotten and Corporal Robinson do a run in? I’ll give you points for using wrestler that nobody else is in their mind to use. But otherwise it kinda hurts the product when you’re using guys like Ian Rotten who nobody gave a shit about in the first place. Lol. We get some backstage beatdown of Pondo from the tag champions, Naptown dragons save, and Mr. Chaos comes in and gets to business booking several matches.

Tag Team Contest:
Homicide & Low Ki Vs. Super Dragon & BJ Whitmer

I’m a fan of all four of these guys, so this makes up for my earlier frustration just being on this card. Dragon definitely did was Dragon does best early on. Got the technical advantage, pissed off Low Ki with the paint brushing, and then pwned him on the rebound. I like that. Whitmer comes in and makes a fool of Low Ki and Homicide and the legal men switch. You’re extremely good at tag psychology I see, I’ve been finding those matches the most entertaining thus far. I think I would of liked to see more of Whitmers famous hammerlock offense, as he’s pretty good at working over an arm and then performing a wide variety of pump handle and hammerlock based grapple moves. But either way the Naptown Dragons steal the tag title belts (on the same night that somebody stole Chucky’s individual title shot?) and Dragon hits Low Ki with the psycho driver for the win. Good match.
**3/4 stars.

Roderick Strong Promo:
Good recap of the Strong Vs. Jacobs situation. He’s definitely an effective and believable heel, but I don’t see him beating Quack. Either way should be a good match.

Roderick Strong Vs. Mike Quackenbush

It’s Main Event Time. So I think I finally understand why the matches are long. You only have 4 matches on each card. I retract my earlier criticisms on match length. Apologies Spiralshock. First paragraph of action Mike just makes an absolute tool out of Roderick Strong, beating the snot out of him with high risks and the lucha libre moves we all know and love from Quack. Quack maintains control in paragraph 2, but Roderick starts getting some nasty offense before Quack comes back again with a palm strike. I’ve always wanted to see Quacks Palm Strike Vs. Strongs Chest Chop and see how that would play out. Momentum swings again and we go to paragraph 3. I liked the fact that throughout the entire match there was a great mix of submissions, big moves & near falls. It never seemed like there was a set formula to this match. Which made it great. And it was GREAT how you made the finish one of those flash pinfalls. I always love a good technical contest where both men can’t seem to put away the other with a finisher so a last ditch effort pinfall is able to get the W. So kudos on an entertaining main event.

***3/4 Stars

Post match Roderick tries to do a post match beatdown, but Jimmy Jacobs runs out and chases him off. Lacey comes out as well and she accepts an engagement from Jimmy Jacobs and diehard indy fans everywhere would cry with enjoyment if this could actually happen. Lol. I mean seriously, the Jacobs/Lacey relationship has been going on since when...2004? Bout fucking time.

Best Match: Definitely main event. You put alot of effort into that one and it showed. Probably the most realistic back and forth match on the card.

Worst Match: Delirious Vs. Sexxxy Eddy. I might be willing to accept that it’s due to the fact that I am not a fan of Eddy, but I’m more inclined to believe that’s because a perennial Indy jobber should never look that effective against a champion.
Best Promo: Chris Heros opener of course. That set the tone for the show and really got you pumped for the next several weeks worth of shows.

Worst Promo: Enterprise/Hardcore Icons promo. Steve Corino was good for what it was. But then you add in Ian Rotten and Corporal mother fucking Robinson of all people and I have to scratch my head at what the fuck you were thinking adding those guys to your BTB. Lol.

Either way, very solid show. I wasn’t expecting a 4 match card so when your matches were super long I was just assuming I was in for a night of 8 super ROH style “Match of the year candidates” type of booking. But you did well and I enjoyed the show.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Chaos Theory Wrestling Presents

Spotlight on the Indies 1
We here at Chaos Theory Wrestling realize that not everyone may be familiar with all the performers of Chaos Theory Wrestling. So in order to get people more familiar with people on the independent circuit each day CTW will spotlight a wrestler or team on the independent circuit. This time we feature a double feature.

Spotlight #1

Da Soul Touchaz

Combining a mix of high flying with raw power Da Soul Touchaz of Acid Jaz, Marshe Rockett and Willie Richardson are quickly starting to make a name for themselves. In 2008 Da Soul Touchaz won the IWA-Mid South Candido Cup. Also in 2008 they impressed fans at Chikara's King of Trios tournament.

[YT]ihNK6GF2b9E[/YT]

Spotlight #2 The Naptown Dragons

Although primarily known for their deathmatch wrestling, Drake Younger has quickly established himself as a breakout singles wrestlers. Drake Younger won the IWA Mid South 2008 Ted Petty Invitational and in 2009 made it all the way to the finals of the wXw 16 Carat Gold Tournament before losing to Takagi Shingo. His tag team partner Scotty Vortekz, although not quite as established as Drake Younger, has consistently shown that he is not afraid to put his body on the line in a match. This fearlessness combined with Drake Younger's always improving technical ability make the Naptown Dragons a force to be reckoned with wherever they go.

Drake Younger

[YT]DSbwsxe9NoQ[/YT]​

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

TQO you may know Dylan Summers better as Necro Butcher. Part of the Steve Corino storyline is that Steve Corino has "saved" Necro Butcher from garbage wrestling and part of the "cleansing" process is Necro has to give up his slave name and now goes by Dylan. And thanks for checking out the show.

Qwake

I like the concept of this and I thank you for posting these guys since I commented on not knowing them too well :D Da Soul Touchaz are brutal, I'll check out more of them lol and Drake Younger doesn't seem bad either although he's mainly a hardcore type of wrestler. Keep this up and I'll continue to read CTW!

Quintastic One

Reaction score
OOOOOOOOOHHHHH. It all makes sense now. Not a Necro fan but it's a helluva lot better than what I thought he was. I figured he was probably some no name canadian indy wrestler.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I'm wondering if I should reveal the inspiration for the bits and the rivalry between Chuck Taylor and Sabian.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

Spotlight on the Indys #2

Ricochet

Although only 21 years old Ricochet is already a 5 year veteran. Perhaps one of the hottest high flying wrestlers in the United States Ricochet started out in the midwest before establishing himself in Chikara. A former Young Lions Cup winner defeating long time nemesis Chuck Taylor Ricochet looks to bring home more gold and more acolades in 2010.

[yt]YbVrGER72M4[/yt]