Changes you'd make to SmackDown.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sackfist said:
Smackdown was at it's prime from it's debut up until 2006, Guys like Brock Lesnar, Kurt Angle, Tajari, Eddie Guerrero, Stephanie Mc Mahon (When she was GM and rebelled against vince) Jericho, The Rock,

Smackdown has become very poor, too many new stars have swamped WWE, Orton, Cena, Show, Taker, HHH, Kane, Chavo, Jericho are the only guys left that I can name, that have been in the business for a great deal off time

Chavo has left.

You forgot to mention Henry too, WWE doesn't need its older stars. They don't push old stars like TNA used to do. What we don't see enough is superstars like HHH putting over younger talent... Big Show isn't either. They're the major stars who have gone past their time, so they don't need to keep winning anymore. You can't create brand new stars if they're beating jobbers like Santino.

The thing WWE lacks now is great story-lines, a strong mid-card & relevant championships. PG doesn't restrict as as much as most people think, they need to become more edgy and win over its adult fan-base again. And no, I'm not saying bring back blood, it's pointless.

What story-lines are happening right now on SmackDown? Orton was injured... and Bryan is in a random feud with a guy who's had like 6 title matches in a row (Big Show).

Sackfist

Champion
Reaction score
Website
www.robmaniac.com
What I am saying, they need some new stars to get to that point. Smackdown was flooded with new talent, while Raw kept the majority of it's current stars, in 2008. They need to gain a collection of stars like those mentioned, as in 2002-2004, they were young, but brill and big stars. WWE needs to do the same with some new talent and cut the crap

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Sackfist said:
What I am saying, they need some new stars to get to that point. Smackdown was flooded with new talent, while Raw kept the majority of it's current stars, in 2008. They need to gain a collection of stars like those mentioned, as in 2002-2004, they were young, but brill and big stars. WWE needs to do the same with some new talent and cut the crap

They were big stars because they were going over the stars before their time who were the equivalent of the HHH's now. Look at Foley, putting over star after star. Orton became a star after his hardcore match with Foley. SmackDown is the "B" brand like it or not unfortunately. Until it goes live and on a different day, it will NEVER ever ever ever ever be ahead of RAW.

As for new stars, we have Miz, Ziggler, Bryan, Punk, Rhodes, Orton still young. They just need to be pushed properly. How does Bryan feuding with a guy like Big Show get Bryan over? How does Punk going from "hottest product of WWE" and feuding with the whole conspiracy of WWE to sucking up to HHH and having HHH vs Nash feud get Punk over? WWE were morons to stop Punk's momentum by letting HHH go over him, all because of his ego.

Without any competition for ratings in terms of wrestling promotions, we're not going to see WWE take the risk they used to which payed off big time.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
They were big stars because they were going over the stars before their time who were the equivalent of the HHH's now. Look at Foley, putting over star after star. Orton became a star after his hardcore match with Foley. SmackDown is the "B" brand like it or not unfortunately. Until it goes live and on a different day, it will NEVER ever ever ever ever be ahead of RAW.

As for new stars, we have Miz, Ziggler, Bryan, Punk, Rhodes, Orton still young. They just need to be pushed properly. How does Bryan feuding with a guy like Big Show get Bryan over? How does Punk going from "hottest product of WWE" and feuding with the whole conspiracy of WWE to sucking up to HHH and having HHH vs Nash feud get Punk over? WWE were morons to stop Punk's momentum by letting HHH go over him, all because of his ego.

Without any competition for ratings in terms of wrestling promotions, we're not going to see WWE take the risk they used to which payed off big time.

Smackdown is already a better show, Wrestling wise.

Tzesi

The Artiste
Reaction score
I remember watching Raw and SD when I was a kid and I liked more SD.
They would call anyone crazy if they said that now.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
CM Punk said:

Not entertainment wise. You can't tell me you'd rather watch Friday Night SmackDown to RAW atm?

Tzesi said:
I remember watching Raw and SD when I was a kid and I liked more SD.
They would call anyone crazy if they said that now.

Same. Used to love SmackDown way more than RAW.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:

How so the main title feuds are currently Big Show, Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan on one show compared with Punk vs Ziggler. Raw probably has better wrestling now overall.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
How so the main title feuds are currently Big Show, Mark Henry and Daniel Bryan on one show compared with Punk vs Ziggler. Raw probably has better wrestling now overall.

Definitely.

This weeks SmackDown looks promising though if I remember correctly.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:

Who cares about the feuds, the wrestling is way better.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Who cares about the feuds, the wrestling is way better.

How is it? The main portion of the smackdown show is taken up by Big Show and or Mark Henry taking an hour to run the ropes and throwing headbutts. Cody has been putting on good matches but who else?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:
How is it? The main portion of the smackdown show is taken up by Big Show and or Mark Henry taking an hour to run the ropes and throwing headbutts. Cody has been putting on good matches but who else?

Daniel Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, Rhodes(Already on list.), Hunico, Natalya, Tyson Kidd. Christian and more.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Daniel Bryan, Orton, Sheamus, Rhodes(Already on list.), Hunico, Natalya, Tyson Kidd and more.

How often has Bryan been featured this year? Randy has had a good year I'll give you that and I admittedly forgot him but has he been better then Punk / Dolph this year? Sheamus has been in Squashes the majority of the time. Hunico what decent match has he had? The only one I can think of is his matches with Bryan as sin cara and sin cara in the mask vs mask. Natalya wrestles for 4 minutes top and Tyson kidd barely wrestles but when he is about to be squashed.

Compare this to Raw were you have ADR, Punk, Dolph,Evan Bourne and Kofi putting on decent matches plus Ryder and Miz. What about Rey also? He's probably been on TV more then Kidd in 2011. Hell even Cena has had a few decent matches this year when he's opened his moveset up abit.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
How often has Bryan been featured this year? Randy has had a good year I'll give you that and I admittedly forgot him but has he been better then Punk / Dolph this year? Sheamus has been in Squashes the majority of the time. Hunico what decent match has he had? The only one I can think of is his matches with Bryan as sin cara and sin cara in the mask vs mask. Natalya wrestles for 4 minutes top and Tyson kidd barely wrestles but when he is about to be squashed.

Compare this to Raw were you have ADR, Punk, Dolph,Evan Bourne and Kofi putting on decent matches plus Ryder and Miz. What about Rey also? He's probably been on TV more then Kidd in 2011. Hell even Cena has had a few decent matches this year when he's opened his moveset up abit.

This.

Also, most people would rather watch a match with build up and a purpose (story-line) and have perhaps a 2* match than a 3.5* match which means absolute fuck all. SmackDown is just Show or Sheamus squashing atm. If they put effort into SmackDown, it could be better than RAW I completely agree. They get more wrestling time so as a wrestling-show it should be out-doing wrong.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
seabs said:

Whoops, I forgot Christian and Wade Barret. Kofi and Evan's matches have been boring also they are on Smackdown also because they are champs.
Also Tyson Kidd's matches with Sin Cara have been good and atleast Natalya doesn't lose by roll up. Hunico has had decent matches if you watch them, Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder have been on Smackdown also alot.

Alberto Del Rio has had probably 3 good matches I remember this whole year. Rey Mysterio's matches are boring, Cena has only had about 3 good matches from the top of my head, and Summerslam is not one of them.
The Miz has had a good year but I don't remember any great matches.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
CM Punk said:
Whoops, I forgot Christian. Kofi and Evan's matches have been boring also they are on Smackdown also because they are champs.
Also Tyson Kidd's matches with Sin Cara have been good and atleast Natalya doesn't lose by roll up. Hunico has had decent matches if you watch them, Dolph Ziggler and Zack Ryder have been on Smackdown also alot.

Alberto Del Rio has had probably 3 good matches I remember this whole year. Rey Mysterio's matches are boring, Cena has only had about 3 good matches from the top of my head, and Summerslam is not one of them.
The Miz has had a good year but I don't remember any great matches.

Most smackdown wrestlers have been on Raw this year also that point is kind of moot.

What hunico matches should I watch beside his few with Bryan and mask vs mask with Sin Cara?

A few examples of good matches just from the Raw TV shows.

Rey vs Cena

Miz vs Rey

ADR vs Punk vs Rey

Morrison vs Miz FCA

Cena vs Punk

Cena has had the match vs Rey, the match vs Punk at MITB and the raw after Summerslam. The match with Punk at Summerslam wasn't even that bad for me even with the BS ending.