Champions League 2012-13 Discussion

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He did nothing wrong tonight? He had one pass which nearly made us concede but the goals were no way his fault, lol.

I'm not basing it on tonights performance, I mean in general considering we were talking about the value of Joe Hart a week or so ago. He look's like the most unintelligent footballer I've ever seen. :dawg:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Disagree. The guy is 21 and is already labelled as one of the best shot-stoppers on the planet. He makes a few silly mistakes but they're mistakes I encourage (short balls instead of launching it up the field). The one area that he does lack in is dominance in the box, something Hart and all the other top goal keepers have. But his previous league was La Liga and he's 21, he's bound to struggle with that side of the BPL. He's already beefing up, so if he learns to dominate his box and catch the ball properly and drops a few silly mistakes what is stopping him in being one of the best goal keepers on the planet? To have one of the best GK's at 21 is a fantastic investment of £17m.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
I suppose he's got time to improve, but I will be reserving my judgement on him. I'm just 'meh' whenever a friend ever talks about him. I agree with you about the lack of dominance in the box. Shit Barthez was 4ft 8, and he had more dominance. :lol1:

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Yeah, he's just not used to it. If you watch La Liga you will know why. Plus his English is poor so communication is naturally poor with it.

But you have to envy his incredible shot stopping skills.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Yeah, he's just not used to it. If you watch La Liga you will know why. Plus his English is poor so communication is naturally poor with it.

But you have to envy his incredible shot stopping skills.

Agreed, he has good shot stopping skills, he's like Shay Given just 15 years younger. Given a few years ago one of the best shot stoppers in the Prem bar none.

I'll give De Gea time, but what's the deal will Fergie playing Lindergaard one week, De Gea the next?

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
What an effort by Celtic tonight. Never seen the game but Barca needed an injury time winner to beat them at the Nou Camp, I fucking hate them but they did Scottish football proud tonight.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Lacky said:
Agreed, he has good shot stopping skills, he's like Shay Given just 15 years younger. Given a few years ago one of the best shot stoppers in the Prem bar none.

I'll give De Gea time, but what's the deal will Fergie playing Lindergaard one week, De Gea the next?

He's openly admitted he has no idea who his #1 is, though it seems to be Da Gea at the moment. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Lindergard as he's safe as fuck, but Da Gea is the keeper who will save us many many times in the future, where as Lindegard is the keeper who won't screw us over in the future. One you can teach, and one you can't.

R'Albin said:
What an effort by Celtic tonight. Never seen the game but Barca needed an injury time winner to beat them at the Nou Camp, I fucking hate them but they did Scottish football proud tonight.

This. Fantastic.

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
He's openly admitted he has no idea who his #1 is, though it seems to be Da Gea at the moment. Personally, I'm a huge fan of Lindergard as he's safe as fuck, but Da Gea is the keeper who will save us many many times in the future, where as Lindegard is the keeper who won't screw us over in the future. One you can teach, and one you can't.

I suppose, which we had 2 good keepers. :hmm:

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Your massive #2 seemed fine to me. Not too good but not too bad. Who needs a #2 when you have Hart? :(

You always need decent back-up, and yeah' Pantillimon is pretty good. Freakishly big and he's okay. Not fantastic but okay. I'm more impressed with number #3 Richard Wright :gusta:

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Not seen him play I don't think which is rare for me :upset:.

You haven't seen Richard Wright play? He's played for basically everyone in the prem? Arsenal, Everton, West Ham..?

Lacky

Champion
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Then I must have seen him play, I just know nothing about him.

He's dog shit, played for Preston in there relegation from the championship I think. He's 36. :smug: