Cena's promo: dog shit or horse shit?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Toss up, but I'm going with horse shit. It completely turned me off to the entire Wyatt/Cena feud just like that. It was completely making light of the entire Wyatt Family gimmick. Cena is faced with this awesome, evil cult and he sings Jimmy fucking Buffet? I'm sorry, I can't. Just terrible. Cena should have known better. This is why Cena ruins stables every goddamn time, and I thought for some reason he wouldn't this time. I was wrong, fuck Cena and fuck that promo.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I didn't watch the segment, I saw the recap, but when he said the homeless man bit, I cringed.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
how long before fuck boy Cena is leading the crowd on "Husky Harris" chants?

Reactions: Wilby

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It was horse shit for the same reason why so many of Cena's promos are - his insults are terrible and don't feel the least bit insulting.

Cloud

Champion
Reaction score
Heres hoping the future comes to fruition at WM and Wyatt goes over. Doubt it but it'd be cool.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Heres hoping the future comes to fruition at WM and Wyatt goes over. Doubt it but it'd be cool.
He pretty much has to go over or Cena has successfully buried another stable.

Cena is just a dumbass, who thinks it is cool to sign Jimmy Buffet during a Wyatt promo? Wyatt cut a good promo and Cena just stands there with a blank expression and then goes into a comedy routine? Ugh. why? It would be like if when Taker was debuting in 92 Hulk was like WTF??? Nice Mullet bro! Purple tie? What are you pretending to be DEAD or something?? lol!

Brad.

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
What about Wyatt's promo? Becoming less 'crowd-friendly' by the week. After a few sentences, everyone's turned off. It worked when he was new and mysterious but now he needs to adapt them. Less riddles, more sharper, short lines. Come on, wrestling fans aren't the brightest.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
What about Wyatt's promo? Becoming less 'crowd-friendly' by the week. After a few sentences, everyone's turned off. It worked when he was new and mysterious but now he needs to adapt them. Less riddles, more sharper, short lines. Come on, wrestling fans aren't the brightest.
speak for yourself lol

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
I'm talking generally. Crowds just seem to lose attention and there's no reaction to anything he says.
Bray cutting a promo is one time I actually want the crowd to stfu though.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
I'm talking generally. Crowds just seem to lose attention and there's no reaction to anything he says.
Well, I feel that you're right for the most part. Bray says a lot of shit; insomuch, that it could simply confuse the general fan. However, i don't think it's really a bad thing...it makes him mysterious, different, and creepy...i think his reactions while he wrestles and during his entrance says enough about what the fans think about him. They'll catch on. i hope.

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
Yeah the live promos have been crapping on Wyatt promos way too often lately, you're right. Still upset at those assholes chanting CM Punk during one. Still feel like Wyatt spouting nonsense is better hype for a match than hardly anything else

Anyway, it's been a fun run as a Cena fan for the past few months. Watched that promo and holy crap was it pure shite. So I'll stand up proud and say fuck you, Cena. Fuck your stupid jokes and your hideous neon shirts and your never being afraid of being stalked by a deranged cult. And Margaritaville isn't even cool in the south anymore, especially when you're singing it. Fuck off.

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
Yeah the live promos have been crapping on Wyatt promos way too often lately, you're right. Still upset at those assholes chanting CM Punk during one. Still feel like Wyatt spouting nonsense is better hype for a match than hardly anything else

Anyway, it's been a fun run as a Cena fan for the past few months. Watched that promo and holy crap was it pure shite. So I'll stand up proud and say fuck you, Cena. Fuck your stupid jokes and your hideous neon shirts and your never being afraid of being stalked by a deranged cult. And Margaritaville isn't even cool in the south anymore and especially when you're singing it. Go away.
I would have marked if Hogan big booted and leg dropped Cena for that Margaritaville BS

Reactions: Snowman1

Dolph'sZiggler

Reaction score
You and me both, brother. Little douchey motherfucker had it coming!
Beyond how terrible Cena was, do you think that it was just a bad, cringe-worthy promo or can it actually be damaging to the feud or even to Wyatt himself? I have to say it definitely damaged how much I like the feud seeing Cena revert back to 2010 Cena. Next he will call him Gay Wyatt and make a poop joke.