Cena

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

MikeRaw

This doesnt mean Im Cenas biggest fan or anything, lol, but Im simply wondering something.
What would it take you (this is directed towards the haters) to like him again?
I mean, lets face it, back in the day, I can bet at least 3 quarters of wrestling fans loved the guy, and with good reason.
But for over a year, hes been getting those boos, and with good reason (although the past 3 or 4 raws hes gotten alot of cheers)
So what would it take you to like him again?
Everyone started to hate him cause of his long title reign, but thats been over now for along time, so you cant blame that.
People hated him cause of him being in the main event, but so what? Hes a main eventer...
And some people because of his gimmick...
So firstly
1-What is it that makes you dislike Cena?
2-When, if ever will you like him again?
BTW, a heel turn, I am now against, beause IMO, yes, the IWC would like him, but hed be getting bood, for being a heel, when itd be better iof they could just find a way to make him get cheered.

Anywyas, answer the two questions:)

1chiban

Reaction score
The reactions aren't so hostile now. I didn't like the fact that at virtually every ppv for over a year, save ONS and a couple of others, the final image was him lifting the belt aloft - he was forced down our throats when he was moved to Raw. I liked him on Smackdown tbh...

That being said after his WM match with HBK I realised that his in-ring work has gotten a hell of a lot better, and so I like him more now... but him and JBl do not make a good match at all. Put him in there with a decent worker and he'll give you a good match. He's just not someone who can carry someone who isn't that good. That's what seperates a great wrestler from a good one. The old cliche that Ric Flair could have a good match with a broomstick isn't a lie :D

Wrestling Station

Im not 100% sure about this.. but let me say what i think..
It seems that our instincts tell us to dislike Cena. lol..

The long run of being a superman (and he is just 6 feet tall, not a 6 ft 5" or anything bigger). and he is less than 250 pounds, no tattoo's which tells that he is not a badass to be a "superman".. lol i thought that was in kayfabe :p

now seriously, I think the main problem with Cena, is that his first gimmick as the thugnomics was way way better than the Marine guy. So his gimmick really affected him alot. I think thats the main reason.

theovertaker

Reaction score
1) his lack of skill and the way he wins matches (gets beat up does an fu out of nowere then what a surprise hes won)

2) a hard heel turn, a new move set and/or he retrains a bit (he was only brought up from ovw because shane liked his rapping skill)

Reaction score
1. I dislike him because his gimmick is stupid and they made my favourite wrestlers job to him.

2. I would start likeing him when he loses the gimmick and turns heel.

Haze187

Reaction score
Turn him heel and give him possibly the rapper gimmick again. Back then he actually did a Fisherman Suplex, that's 6 moves, good enough for me.

The main reason everyone who dislikes or disliked him once is because of his gimmick change, his rapper gimmick was so freaking good it made me like him even if his in ring work was crappy I still liked it. But why would you change him from a "badass rapper" to a good guy who does everything right. WWE...HOW DOES THAT MAKE SENSE!? If you are a "rapper" you don't turn into a model human. Imagine Stone Cold changing his gimmick into a marine how many of you wouldnt boo that. I liked him as face when he still had the rapper gimmick because it was entertaining and made me laugh, I listen to a lot of HipHop so I related to his gimmick, but instead WWE chose to trade in crappy box office draws over a good gimmick.

Qwake

John Cena was like one of my fav superstars back in the day, with his funny promo's and non boring ring work. These days he does that gay ass Marine shit which he has got to lose, then he should also fued with new guys once and a while. I don't know where this whole thing with him and Mickie is going but they better make something good out of it...

Y2Jasmine

Reaction score
I cant say that I have ever HATED Cena. But with his title streak, it created a long run of predicatablility. I think one of the reasons his title run lasted so long was because they had built him up so much by that time, there was noone on the roster that could legitimately be the one to stop the streak. It may have been a blessing in disguise that he got injured. They had had him run over everybody in ME level, and had noone to come in and take him down.

I think if I was interested in actually cheering for Cena, I would have to be motivated properly. What they need to do, is put him into a feud, not like before but a feud with a really long build up. Let it simmer until one of the bis PPVs. Like in the old days when people had a feud going, but in order to get a shot at that person they had to go through qualifying matches etc.

Maybe if he was to challenge HHH ( I dont know if he should be in the run for the title but this is just an example.) and have to go through Orton and maybe JBL, and then at the 3rd PPV end up with the title match. In the meantime have a bunch of build up promos, some backstage drama, maybe some cheap shots and interfering in each others matches.

All of that would be a refreshing change from the typical, opponent challenges Cena, Cena responds, the two battle it out in the PPV that happens two weeks after the introduction of the storyline, Cena squashes said opponent, repeat cycle.

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Cena's straight up gangsta....I think people began hating him in 05 back when the company tried making him into Hogan and such...
basically the fans smelled tha B-S kind've and didn't buy it, not cena's fault thou...the company was just deseperate for a kind've "BOOM" and such...

....then they threw him into the shark tank
when they put him into feuds with Christian/Jericho/KurtAngle...I mean , Those three wrestlers basically got that "Net fan-nerds will boo whoever wrestles againest them for the sake of worshipping their fav's" or some shi't like that...ya know?...

its like whoever wrestles againest angle gets 'boo'ed randomly...like samoa joe for example kind've got boo'ed over angle...back awhile ago...jerichos' always had that kind've fanbase since he was in ecw(tha old one)...and christian basically built up a kind've nerdy-fanbase and such with his Captin Charisma gimmmick....

so basically....some botched booking(it was 2005 afterall) and some stupid moves and such basically turned the fans againest Cena...overrall
I like HIm...He doesn't back down from Faggy-Nerd-Turds...he's just like ME!

ain't a nerd...but is hated by plenty of'em..

plus he had a kickass title reign in 07.....

King Of Kings

Reaction score
I never hated him i just really disliked him when he had the long title reign now i dont mind him.