Cena speaking out for Danielson again

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Double J

Reaction score
By Ryan Clark | June 16, 2010 | Comments (2)
John Cena Speaks Out On Bryan Danielson's WWE Release
John Cena was on the Busted Open radio show on Sirius XM Radio
today, here are some highlights and audio of the appearance…

When Asked About Bryan Danielson: "It stands where it is. I believe Bryan was given his release, and this is just my belief, it's complete speculation so basically you're going off my secondhand knowledge, it's something to do with violating our PG content agreement which is very serious… It was tough for us to get that [TV-PG] logo in the beginning. For us to violate that content agreement, we get in trouble with our TV providers, we get in trouble with our sponsors, it pretty much is not good business. I think that is the reason upon the Bryan Danielson release but on the same token, for a young man such as him to make an impact on the WWE Universe in that short a time, it says something about who he is as a person and where he belongs amongst our group."

On Fans Wanting Him Back: "I agree with a lot of folks who think the penalty might have been a little too severe but the best advice I can give everybody… the WWE is a business. That's why I was one of the names on that petition… But if the fans collectively want this young man back in the company, the only way to do that is the power is within the ticket buyers. If the ticket buyers come out by the fifty thousands, by the hundred thousands and say, listen, we want this young man back, we think he has something to offer, we're a company that worries about the bottom line. As far as a fix to the situation, who knows what a fix is gonna be, but I'd put the power in the hands of the consumer. That's why I was one of the first to sign that petition because I think if you show strong enough belief… it would be very, very difficult for WWE as a business entity to ignore the fact that Daniel Bryan will be able to generate revenue."

It's good to know that Cena will at least stick up for younger talent in the business. I was starting to think he was becoming another HHH, which of course he still may be.

MizMasta3000

Reaction score
Ok it's definitely not a work now. This is as real as it can get.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
This is obviously a work

Doomsday

Reaction score
PG rating system?
The FCC is like a condom.
I suggest showing kids the world they'll live in, instead of hiding them from it.
fuck_the_fcc.jpg

...god...

Reaction score
It's good to know that Cena will at least stick up for younger talent in the business. I was starting to think he was becoming another HHH, which of course he still may be.
Yeah God forbid HHH the guy who's been putting people over for years now and made more stars/made more people look better than any veteran still going. God, shut the fuck up already, idiots.

Kizza

Reaction score
You mean HHH, the guy that got Sheamus and Drew McIntyre pushes?

Double J

Reaction score
Yeah God forbid HHH the guy who's been putting people over for years now and made more stars/made more people look better than any veteran still going. God, shut the fuck up already, idiots.

*looks at your title*
You just told yourself to stfu....

Airfixx

Reaction score
[posting fail - couldn't delete... Sorry admin]

Airfixx

Reaction score
"If the ticket buyers come out by the fifty thousands, by the hundred thousands and say, listen, we want this young man back, we think he has something to offer..."

Notice the absence of the word "fans"?

Roughly translated.... Unless you're gonna contact them vouching for Danielson and are somehow are able to prove yourself a ticket buying fan you'll be assumed to be a non-spending internet wanker and be ignored.

50-100k x that ISN'T gonna happen.

...god...

Reaction score
You mean HHH, the guy that got Sheamus and Drew McIntyre pushes?
No, the guy you THINK got Drew McIntyre a push because you believe everything you read.

Kizza

Reaction score
I think it is. Well, besides Drew. I like Sheamus. It was just a general response to the comment of HHH not pushing anybody.

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Yeah, I understand that, but pushing Drew isn't a good thing. He sucks. You don't praise someone for pushing someone who sucks to that degree.

Kizza

Reaction score
Hey, some people like Drew. They shouldn't have opinions, but they're out there.

...god...

Reaction score
I trust that Triple H wouldn't push a gay swashbuckler looking smurf like Drew. Let's put our trust in Triple H's judgement, guys.