Cena & Sheamus Injured - Who Will Step Up?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Re: *Spoilers* Who will step up?

Orton and Sheamus were two of the main faces over on Smackdown so someone has to fill their roles. Christian has been used a lot more in the title scene over there and RVD is seemingly going to be used there as well but will someone else get a chance for the rest of the year. Going forward someone obviously has to fill the face roles left by three of the top four faces in the company, the question is whether it will be anyone new or if WWE will solely use older hands like Christian/RVD/Henry/Show etc. Yes Orton is still around and will be taking a more prominent role on RAW but that still leaves Smackdown missing another big name.

On Smackdown? Brand extension is officially dead so no ON Smackdown and neither were the main anything anywhere.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac

On Smackdown? Brand extension is officially dead so no ON Smackdown and neither were the main anything anywhere.

Who cares about the brand extension anymore? Thats kayfabe tv shit, just because a tv show isn't exclusive anymore doesn't mean the houseshow schedule isn't. They used to call it A towns and B towns back in the day, but now it's Smackdown! and Raw live events, and you need stars to fill them seats. This really doesn't have anything to do with a brand extension, but a solid tv ratings is what WWE needs for Smackdown!, it's almost re-up time for WWE and the network and they are looking for a big piece of the marketing rights pie and need good solid ratings to do so, and you are not going to get that without making some new stars when your big ones go down at the worst possible time.

The Cappii

Reaction score

Orton is probably my least favorite person on the main roster. I liked him a lot, but he just seemed to have lost his drive there for a long time. Hopefully this title run will get him motivated again... though it should have been the other way around. Punk and D-Bry are, as stated, the obvious choices. But, with some carefull planning, and a damned risky heel turn, I think this could be a great time for younger superstars in the WWE. Personally, a Bunk vs. Bryan main event at a major PPV is something I'd gladly pay to see. Hopefully we'll see some upward movement from Ziggler, Barret, Rhodes, Sandow, and a renewed push for The Shield.

*Edited for spelling.