Cena injured (possibly severely) at house show

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

SAL

Reaction score
There is concern that John Cena may have suffered a knee injury during a Raw house show in Wilkes Barre, PA. Cena apparently injured his knee taking the Wasteland finisher from Wade Barrett. They quickly went to a finish with Cena winning with some sort of submission when the planned finish was an Attitude Adjustment off the ropes.

Cena, who was having problems putting weight on his leg after the match told the audience that if he needed to "time off after tonight", he would, but he wasn't being carried out and then left under his own power, limping.

http://www.pwinsider.com/article/53914/major-injury-concern-for-top-wwe-star.html?p=1

Oh god, this sucks terribly. Right after they start the angle with Punk and Nexus. Where you do think they could go from here if Cena really is out through Wrestlemania?

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
I'd guess that Randy Orton would be put in Cena's slot and they would just talk about all the legends he have spit on, people he has punted, and so on to justify it.

Baller

Reaction score
You have to be shitting me. Wade Barrett could say goodbye to any future push he is getting :laugh:

Seriously though, this suck real bad.

SAL

Reaction score
Maybe they could revisit the "fired" storyline, and Punk could say that he convinced the anonymous GM that Cena should get fired for real. Then Nexus would be spinning their wheels though, just going after everybody like they were doing when they started.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
I think it all depends on how this injury is. If it's a injury where Cena has to take it easy then Cena just gets taken out and he still does interviews and such. Hoping though that this just sounds worse than it really is.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
If it is minor, they can just have Nexus "take him out and put him on the shelf". Then they can build to a Mania match from there with Cena's return as one of the headlining factors.

Kizza

Reaction score
Fucking awful for Cena and WWE in general. He's probably one of the main reasons why I watch RAW.

Why do the bad things always happen to the hardest workers?

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I can't believe i'm saying this, but I hope it isn't that bad of an injury.

PHX

Legacy Member
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk2
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
braywyatt
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Sports Team
n1QhWSb
Favorite Sports Team
osX2DVG
Update on his injury.

Source: Nodq.com

- One of the reports around John Cena's injury is saying that he suffered a deep bruise and the injury is not as serious as first feared. There is no official word from WWE on this yet.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
This is what JR put:

WWE Hall of Famer Jim Ross wrote on his twitter account that John Cena suffered a hip pointer during his match against Wade Barrett in Wilkes Barre, PA last night.

A hip pointer is deep bruising of the pelvic bone and muscle from a hard blow to that area. The injury can also cause internal bleeding within the abdominal muscles.

It's going to take Cena some time before he'll be able to do any physical activity again as even breathing hard or laughing is going to cause him some pretty severe pain.

Jim Ross described Cena's condition as "day to day."

The initial concern for the injury was a knee tear, so while this is still extremely painful, it's not something that is expected to keep Cena out of performing for months on end, nor something that will require surgery. It will, however, prevent Cena from performing in the ring for at least several weeks.

Shortie861

Reaction score
After reading about this injury I was shocked, it was a shame to see Cena away from RAW on Monday to be honest but I liked how they kept the storyline going without him between CM Punk and Wade Barret. Was also shocked to see the breaking news announcement about John Cena possibly being back at RAW next week.