Cena beats Rock

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Arrow1

CURRENTLY 1-0 IN WWE
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
The Great One brought the house down with his Rock Concert, but for the WWE Universe, John Cenawas still the one who rocked the house harder.

The results of our Facebook poll are in, and as of Thursday at 4:30 p.m. ET, Cena's old-school rap was voted as the performance that "won the night on Raw SuperShow" by more than 2,400 votes.

Here are the totals for the poll that was posted immediately after Monday night's Raw SuperShow:

John Cena's rap – 12,192

The Great One's Rock Concert – 9,731

It's a slam dunk musical victory for The Cenation Commander-in-Chief, who blistered his WrestleMania XXVIII opponent on the mic with insult-laced rhymes. The Rock retorted with a verbal assault of his own at the close of the show, but the WWE Universe was still hearing Cena's opening shot loud and clear.

Source: WWE.com

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Barely 20k votes? That seems sad.

also

c716658ebe6ea1b4bc835e9ad05a419c.gif

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
I expected that. It's only me on here who preferred Cena's rap, if it was given more than 4 minutes I'm thinking others would have sided with me also. Rock's concert was fantastic, it had me rofl'ing, but it had zero impact on the feud. It was basically "let's asslick Cleveland to get responses, then do childish insults to Cena which will get over". That helps no one - it simply should have been done weeks ago, not so close to Wrestlemania.

Where as "thuganomics" theme instantly made me mark, his attire made me mark harder, no shitty smiles (in fact had the heel face on too), better delivery than Rock (more emotion), a serious promo, some good burns in there too which have gone unnoticed. Generally that pushes it above the concert for me.

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
Yeah, right. It's well known that WWE often lies in polls to push who they want to win. I doubt most thought a decent 2-minute rap was better than a 10-15 minute concert. The crowd sure didn't agree.

WWE.com, such an unbiased source lol.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
KevinLockard23 said:
Yeah, right. It's well known that WWE often lies in polls to push who they want to win. I doubt most thought a decent 2-minute rap was better than a 10-15 minute concert. The crowd sure didn't agree.

WWE.com, such an unbiased source lol.

Now c'mon the target audience was probably biased due to the demographic of the WWE's facebook audience but to accuse them of rigging the poll is ridiculous. Look at how much they've put The Rock over by giving him lengthy segments every week he's been back, why would they rig the poll towards Cena when they're building on the fact the majority is turning against him?

Lockard 23

The WWF/E Guru
Reaction score
It's well known and confirmed that WWE often rigs polls in order to push and put over who they want to win them. Cornette once said that they used to have Howard Finkel in the back constantly calling in and voting for whoever they wanted to win whatever poll they were putting out at any given time back then.

Anyway, Cena is their top face of the company so I could see why they'd want him to win. Though given that most who watch (such as kids and the such) are more familiar with Cena than Rock, it's entirely possible Cena won legitimately, although I'm still doubtful (not that I care much, it's just a random internet poll, just saying.)

Super Saiyan Goku

Reaction score
seabs said:
HELL NO
John Cena's rap – 12,192

The Great One's Rock Concert – 9,731

PIPEBOMB :pity:

THAT NOT FUCKIN TRUE! ROCK WAS BETTER! :pity: PIPEBOMB!