Casual Fans

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
How are "casuals" defined?
What makes a fan a "casual fan"?

I only ask as i want to know if I am considered a casual

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
I am a casual fan. I mostly just watch PPV's, sometimes none at all. I just watch show reviews and such.
Unless something really good is going to happen, I don't watch all that much. Not now anyways. I used to watch every Raw. 3 hours is too much.

Roadster

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
uUsHwHt
Favorite Wrestler
CVWSrPC
Favorite Wrestler
samoajoe
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
L1l4tIp
I think casual fan equates more to a viewer who watches just for watching.

The more people want to learn about the wrestling industry, and develop a knowledge of wrestling, they slowly drift away from being a casual fan.

Black Iron PJ

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I define casual fans as the ones that comment directly on WWE's Facebook or Twitter posts, they watch for fun and don't really care how well a wrestler works or how they act, as long as their face they'll cheer and as long as their heel, they'll boo. Of course if they want to know more, than that's when they start transitioning from casual to hardcore.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
WELL, LEMME TELL YOU SOMETHING, BROTHER! CASUAL FANS ARE JABRONIE MARKS, DUDE! :hogan:

Seriously, though. I'd assume a "casual fan" watches WWE only for the entertainment aspect.

They may watch it regularly, but their interest in product doesn't go beyond entertainment.

Plus, they don't read dirt sheets and don't care to look for spoilers and their only news source is probably WWE.com.

So, once they stop caring about the product, they simply stop watching.

Reactions: DK JAMES

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
If you're a... kayfabe believer and a... snow-covered dream...
how does that little song go idk
but yeah believe in kayfabe and stuff
To be a casual does not mean to believe in kayfabe.

To be a casual means to only watch for the sake of watching, not going onto the internet and discussing it with other fans, or watching other promotions and reading wrestling news

MrEdzhuks

The Showoff
Reaction score
Casual fan is a WWE fan not a Wrestling fan. Doesn't care about anything outside WWE, only cares about the main roster.

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
Well I watch every PPV, I stay up fr Raw and Smackdown until 3 and 4am and I subscribe to podcasts and read Bleacher Report

Would that mean casual?

Wacokid27

The Dark Master
Reaction score
No offense, but you shouldn't worry too much about it. Just watch and talk wrestling how you enjoy doing it. Fuck the labels.

This is pretty much how I feel.

If you really want a definition, though: I would go with a casual being a person who watches if it's on but doesn't really consider themselves to be a "wrestling fan".

But, I agree completely with the idea that you should just relax and enjoy the show. If anybody doesn't like that, they can go to Hell.

wk

wk

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
I think I am a casual fan, and I dont see it as an insult.

I dont get time to watch 5 hours of product every week + Pay per views. I watch most pay per views, and just check out the recap/results stuff they do here which I enjoy.

I like keeping up with wrestling even though I don't watch it religiously.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I was a casual when I started watching again last year. I'd miss many episodes of raw. Hardly watched smackdown. I'd really only watch ppvs and the odd RAW in between. But since having gone to roadblock, and will be going to survivor series I'd say I'm more than a casual. I watch every raw,smackdown,ppv and even the nxt takeover. I'll catch the odd episode of nxt aswell.
I'd rather not have anything spoiled for me. I can't stand it. I watch to be entertained and when they announce someone's return or debut weeks before, it kinda sucks.

Although I guess by some people's definition, I'd be a casual still but I don't think of it that way.

Like someone said, just watch if you like it and fuck the labels.

Thunderlips

The Artiste
Reaction score
No offense, but you shouldn't worry too much about it. Just watch and talk wrestling how you enjoy doing it. Fuck the labels.

No offence taken man

Thanks for your kind response everyone

I only ask because it seems if your a casual your opinion doesn't really count and podcasts and others get annoyed by casuals