Carnal Contendership 2024 - Entrants

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Mandalorian

E-Fed Staff Member
Reaction score
Hi,

Following the recent updates posted relating to the FWA schedule, you will all be aware that the 2024 Carnal Contendership will be taking place on Fallout 040 on Saturday 4th May. For those unaware of what this is, it is effectively the FWA's version of the Royal Rumble match, with the winner advancing to the main event of Back in Business to challenge for the FWA World Championship. In addition to this, those who place from 2nd through to 7th have historically had the chance to compete inside the annual Steel Roulette match at the FWA Anniversary Show, with the winner of that becoming the owner of the Golden Opportunity briefcase, granting them a chance to challenge for the FWA World Championship at any time of their choosing in the following twelve months.

The purpose of this post is to outline the format of the 2024 Carnal Contendership match, which will be the final one written by me and the completion of my trilogy of CC matches. The rough outline for the match is for there to be a maximum of ONE character per handler, with a minimum of THIRTY total entrants into the CC match. If more than thirty individual handlers were to express interest in entering, then the total match participants will increase.

The Carnal Contendership will be as always, entirely open entry. That being said, as it should go without saying, only those who submit a promo which is then in turn graded by the mods assigned to the match (to be revealed closer to the time) will be able to actually win and obtain the prize. However, it is also possible to request entry of a specific character of yours into the match purely for storyline purposes. This is common practice. To ensure compliance with the outline of the match, a character may be entered into the match without the handler requesting them to be purely to fulfill the entry quota or if necessary, a handful of handlers may have more than one character entered, but only one can be eligible for victory.

As I am sure you can all appreciate and speaking from personal experience of doing this twice before, writing a match of this scale (the 2023 CC was ~25,000 words) takes a significant amount of planning and it is helpful for me to be able to get started on the match write up prior to the end of the promo window. Therefore, in addition to setting out the outline of the 2024 CC, the purpose of this post is also for me to gauge an understanding of who is proposing to enter the CC, be it a storylined entrance or not. It is also common for people to enter the match secretly via a private promo only to the mods.

Therefore in light of the above, please can anyone intending to enter the 2024 Carnal Contendership please let me know via private message either on the forum or on Discord, regardless of whether you plan to enter secretly or otherwise. Also, as alluded to above, if you are an active handler and specifically DO NOT want one of your characters to be included in the match, please also let me know. I will otherwise take your silence as permission to use your main character in the match in a purely storyline capacity to make up the numbers. There is no set deadline to let me know about this nor must you do this immediately, but it would be good to gain an understanding of what/who I am working with in the coming weeks.

Any questions, please let me or one of the other mods know.

Man.