Carlito Finds Zack Ryder Annoying

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
- Former WWE Superstar Carlito tweeted his thoughts on last night’s episode of SmackDown, which featured host Zack Ryder dubbed “Zackdown.” The veteran grappler says he doesn’t “get” Long Island Iced-Z, but rather, finds the character to be uncool.
“Maybe Im getting old? I dont get the whole zack ryder thing, actually it annoys me,” Carlito wrote. “I like zack though, he’s a good kid.”

-PWMania

:dafuq:

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
He spits in the face of people who dont want to be cool

150345_o.gif

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
I'm kind of with him actually. I respect Ryder a lot for using his initiative and starting his Internet show and getting himself insanely over. However I don't find his character remotely funny, and he can't do much serious storylines with it so I really fail to see what's so great about him.

Still, I guess the fans' voices have to be heard and he should be given a midcard push simply because of how over he is. He's a good wrestler and if they tweak his character and make him a little more serious then I may begin to enjoy him.

Jose Tortilla

Champion
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
I'm kind of with him actually. I respect Ryder a lot for using his initiative and starting his Internet show and getting himself insanely over. However I don't find his character remotely funny, and he can't do much serious storylines with it so I really fail to see what's so great about him.

Still, I guess the fans' voices have to be heard and he should be given a midcard push simply because of how over he is. He's a good wrestler and if they tweak his character and make him a little more serious then I may begin to enjoy him.

I see what you're saying, but when you look a the business at this stage, he is good for WWE.

Matt

Champion
Reaction score
^^ is his character even supposed to be funny

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Jose Tortilla said:
I see what you're saying, but when you look a the business at this stage, he is good for WWE.

Definately, he should be given a midcard push, just not a great fan myself.

Pedobear said:
^^ is his character even supposed to be funny

I guess so? He's not a serious character so I presume that's what they want him to be? I just don't get it personally.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
R'Albin said:

Ryder cannot work serious? Where have you been?

Ryder's character is surprisingly deep. In some ways thanks to his internet show. Ryder has established a character with multiple layers, we have a backstory, we know where Ryder comes from. We know who Ryder has worked with, what kind of guy he is and what he wants. He has proven that he can work serious angles whilst keeping up with his comical character. The character is also one that can evolve over time into a more serious character. Eddie Guerreros character is a example. Started out as joker character but turned into a serious main eventer. Same with multiple other characters.

Reactions: Hannah Bee

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
Ryder cannot work serious? Where have you been?

Ryder's character is surprisingly deep. In some ways thanks to his internet show. Ryder has established a character with multiple layers, we have a backstory, we know where Ryder comes from. We know who Ryder has worked with, what kind of guy he is and what he wants. He has proven that he can work serious angles whilst keeping up with his comical character. The character is also one that can evolve over time into a more serious character. Eddie Guerreros character is a example. Started out as joker character but turned into a serious main eventer. Same with multiple other characters.

He's worked serious but he's really one dimensional with his current character when it comes to be serious. He did in the Kane/Eve/Cena abomination of a story, but all he can really do is get attacked lots of times making us feel sorry for him, that's it.

Eddie Guerrero is a totally different case. He was always able to be a joke kind of character but it had enough to it that meant he could also be serious as soon as he wanted to be. Besides, I'm not saying that Ryder couldn't turn it serious, I'm saying that his current character could be tweaked and make him seem like more of a serious threat than just this complete joke, which, he is to me just now.

P.S I think this may be the most anyone has said character in one post on WF!

Hannah Bee

PhilWres Babe
Reaction score
Website
www.twitter.com
Ryder's a fantastic worker. He pushed his own ass to get where he is now, but he's underpushed. He's really wonderful (met him before.) and the fact that his character seems so normal made me like him. I watched him even before Z!TLIS, and was with the Ryder revolution since Day 1. His character feels like it's not forced down to out throats, that his character we can relate with everyday people.

Fuck Carlito, he's just jealous because he wasn't pushed when he was in the WWE.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
R'Albin said:
He's worked serious but he's really one dimensional with his current character when it comes to be serious. He did in the Kane/Eve/Cena abomination of a story, but all he can really do is get attacked lots of times making us feel sorry for him, that's it.

Eddie Guerrero is a totally different case. He was always able to be a joke kind of character but it had enough to it that meant he could also be serious as soon as he wanted to be. Besides, I'm not saying that Ryder couldn't turn it serious, I'm saying that his current character could be tweaked and make him seem like more of a serious threat than just this complete joke, which, he is to me just now.

P.S I think this may be the most anyone has said character in one post on WF!

if you use the Kane angle as an example of Ryder being serious you are setting yourself up for failure. The Ziggler feud and the Christian feud from 2009 were great. Ryder was awesome as a serious character there.

Rysenberg

Legend
Reaction score
Stopspot said:
if you use the Kane angle as an example of Ryder being serious you are setting yourself up for failure. The Ziggler feud and the Christian feud from 2009 were great. Ryder was awesome as a serious character there.

I'm not saying that he can't play the serious character though! His character needs tweaked so that it can do it, I'm not saying Zack the person can't do it.

Ziggler wasn't exactly a fued, it was more him just chasing the US title and making a big deal out of it. I did really enjoy it, but it's still not what I would call a serious fued.

Could you imagine his character in an intense 5-10 minute promo with someone, or a 2-3 month long personal fued? Not at all for me, it's not sustainable. Give his character a few tweaks though and I he would be able to do it.