Carlito Asks For Release From WWE; Punk says ECW Title is Redheaded Stepchild of WWE

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

vickymania

Reaction score
sources: SLAM! Wrestling, PWInsider.com

-- Carlito is said to be unhappy with the direction WWE has been pushing him in as of late. Some are saying that he has requested to be released from the company. WWE has not granted him a release yet but may do so in the next week.

-The Wichita Eagle out of Kansas recently interviewed ECW Champion CM Punk. Below are some highlights from the interview:

The prestige of the resurrected ECW title: "I've got a decent spot, I'm at all the pay-per-views defending my title but I do feel that ECW is a little bit of the redheaded stepchild of WWE. But that's not all negative, either. I actually embrace that."

-
The latest edition of WWE Heat is online. The show features a Divas match between Mickie James and Melina. There is another match between Paul London & Brian Kendrick vs. The Highlanders. Also, Ron Simmons takes on a former WWE wrestler that was released in 2005. He is wrestling Aaron Aguilera on the show, who is better known as Carlito's old bodyguard, Jesus. for watching the show plz visit http://www.pwmania.com/newsarticle.php?page=196648475

As far as Carlito is concerned,he has been impressive on RAW,unlike Master's..WWE should not waste his talent..
comments people..

phantomgerald

Carlito to TNA!!! A young star like that, TNA cannot pass up. I surprised that Cryme Tyme haven't turned up on TNA yet.

Tsaalyo Phoenix

Reaction score
Carlito is a talented wrestler who's gimmick allows for quickly obtaining massive heel heat. He deserves so much more than coming out and not even wrestling, in favor of calling Snitsky on random local talent. Tsk tsk tsk. I guess the WWE feels it's more important to recycle their past instead of securing their future.

All I can say is welcome to TNA, Carlito.

The Rated R CMStar

Yeah, because WWE didn't even try with Carlito. They putted him in a feud with Ric Flair, in the Elimination Chamber storyline, a feud with Triple H, with Orton, he was putted in a tag team, was given the on screen character that he brought back Money in the Bank II, was given two managers.

And still, he hasn't taken advantage of any of them. He gets heat, but not enough to be in Main Event, hell, not even in upper midcard.

The Ripper

Reaction score
It doesnt say he has asked for his release it just says people are saying that, plus there isnt anything for him at the moment because he was in a mini feud with DH Smith and he went and got banned, so he will probably just hang around for a month and pick that back up.

kingovkings

Reaction score
i agree wiv cms he has loads of chances and worked with some good stars to get a rub and hasn't manage to quite pull it off for some reason. although i do think he is really talented and it will b a loss to wwe to a certain degree. id like to see carly on ecw or smacky with huge makeover and start over with getting into a good build up and fued with some1 new like punk or burke mvp or rey maybe

vickymania

Reaction score
Either WWE brings him back in the IC championship scene or get him drafted to SD or ECW..in SD,he can try for the US championship or if WWE draft him to ECW,he is definately worth trying out in the ECW championship events..

gashface

Reaction score
Just because a star comes from WWE, doesn't mean TNA are selling out - they're making a smart business move.

Fatal 55

Reaction score
Every one jumping to conclusions again!... As Usual!

As for Carlito, it would take a fool to actually asked to be released after the way he has been used recently. Sure, he's not doing AMAZING, but he has a pretty good spot & one that no person should ever pass upon. I'm taking this as BS for now.

Reaction score
I can understand why Carlito would want to quit WWE at the moment. He is like the king of wrestling in Puerto Rico and WWE treats him like trash and throws him around in booking. Completely misusing him when he has alot of talent and has proven it on many occasions not to mention his mic skills are top notch and can hang with the best of them. Hell he saved that WM21 skit with Austin and Piper!

He can take two roads now.

Go back to Puerto Rico and wrestle in the WWC, hell he is a eleven time Universal Champ there. Not only that but he has history and the fans love him there, as you can tell the booking there knows what he can do and showcases it.

The other path would be to go to TNA. He would do wonders there especially if TNA books him strong and lets him compete in both X Division and World Title scene. If and I mean if he goes to TNA I can easily see him getting over and possibly be the next Christian Cage success story in TNA.

Now maybe WWE will think about how badly they are misusing Carlito and push him or just continue to push the over pushed. Its all up to WWE now I suppose.