#CancelWWENetwork

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Would you cancel the network over the RR?

• Yes - Fuck it

Votes: 4 22.2%
  • No

Votes: 14 77.8%
  • Dunno

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
It's news kinda

NEWS ARTICLE

What do you think about this article?
Would you cancel the network over the RR?

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
I think fans take this shit too seriously.
These fans are quitters just like CM Punk.

Lackin

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
a0QcvmK.jpg

EvilBlackCat

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
I still have hope of them turning things around. I also think the WWE Network is a brilliant idea and I'd hate to see it ruined.

However, while I am not ready to abandon ship I'm intrigued to see if this cancellation movement is successful.

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score

Why would people want to pay for a product that they don't want? WWE are all about the money, so surely by taking that away from them (to an extent) it might help them to book things a little better in future.

Lackin

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Personally I love the network, especially seeing as how last year I spent £75 on 5 PPV's and most of them were shit. So if I pay £120 a year for it, and i get all WWE Programming and PPV's on demand well then that's a no brainer for me.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
Why would people want to pay for a product that they don't want? WWE are all about the money, so surely by taking that away from them (to an extent) it might help them to book things a little better in future.
I don't consider PPV's all that the WWE Network offers. They also offer NXT, old shows and exclusives.
And so Bryan didn't win, big whoop. Cena wins almost every time but does that mean we're going to riot? (We never do btw)

If they don't give the fans "what they want" why did they make Bryan the WHC at last years Wrestlemania? Is it too much for them to book someone they want for a change? I mean, it's not the end of the world if he's not WHC, Cena is doing fine, Orton was doing fine, what make Bryan so special? Is it so much of a big deal that we have to give the WHC to a two time WWE WHC guy rather than a fresh and upcoming star?

Majour

Filthy Creep
Reaction score
I don't consider PPV's all that the WWE Network offers. They also offer NXT, old shows and exclusives.
And so Bryan didn't win, big whoop. Cena wins almost every time but does that mean we're going to riot? (We never do btw)

If they don't give the fans "what they want" why did they make Bryan the WHC at last years Wrestlemania? Is it too much for them to book someone they want for a change? I mean, it's not the end of the world if he's not WHC, Cena is doing fine, Orton was doing fine, what make Bryan so special? Is it so much of a big deal that we have to give the WHC to a two time WWE WHC guy rather than a fresh and upcoming star?

You're going under the assumption that I'm crying that DB didn't win. I'm not. I'm fine with other people winning, I think the match could have been done better though.
And I don't expect that everyone should get what they want, always- it's impossible for one.
IMO Reigns is't the greatest choice as he needs work- but maybe his in-ring arsenal and mic skills might improve way above my expectations by Mania.

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
You're going under the assumption that I'm crying that DB didn't win. I'm not. I'm fine with other people winning, I think the match could have been done better though.
And I don't expect that everyone should get what they want, always- it's impossible for one.
IMO Reigns is't the greatest choice as he needs work- but maybe his in-ring arsenal and mic skills might improve way above my expectations by Mania.
Nah, I don't think you're crying. lol
I also agree that Bryan shouldn't have gone out the way he did, but I'm also pointing out there's no reason to boo the entire match based off one person getting eliminated.

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Nah, I don't think you're crying. lol
I also agree that Bryan shouldn't have gone out the way he did, but I'm also pointing out there's no reason to boo the entire match based off one person getting eliminated.
dude, who are you to say that fans don't have a reason to boo the whole match? They can if they so choose and if their favorite wrestler, clearly being DB, gets tossed out like a piece of trash, they should be vocal about it bro.

I'm not saying we should all cancel the WWE network. But, what happened was bs and everyone knows it whether they're Bryan haters or not. Bryan is very popular and I don't see that changing any time soon. Like I've seen several people on these threads say, he's like the modern day popularity level of the The Rock or Stone Cold.

Lackin

Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
Just think if a lot of people do follow the movement of cancelling the network all we will hear is "Get the WWE Network for only $9.99" "Why spend $55 when you can spend $9.99, you do the math" If more people cancel expect a lot more of this, Anyway everyone know's WWE Network will get a huge boost at WM anyway.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'm not mad about the Rumble, but people should be cancelling their subscriptions a long time ago lol

CM Punk

AJ Styles
Champion
Reaction score
dude, who are you to say that fans don't have a reason to boo the whole match? They can if they so choose and if their favorite wrestler, clearly being DB, gets tossed out like a piece of trash, they should be vocal about it bro.

I'm not saying we should all cancel the WWE network. But, what happened was bs and everyone knows it whether they're Bryan haters or not. Bryan is very popular and I don't see that changing any time soon. Like I've seen several people on these threads say, he's like the modern day popularity level of the The Rock or Stone Cold.
Boo if you want, just know that you're an annoying shithead that ruined watching a match I enjoy watching. The first time I'm actually looking forward to a WWE edited version DVD. I wasn't happy that Batista won the rumble last year. Doesn't mean I'm going to go to depth and cancel my subscription. That's like me watching a TV Show, not liking that they killed off a character I liked and calling the entire show shit. Then I go on and stop supporting the show with the hashtag. [HASHTAG]#CancelThisShow[/HASHTAG]

Daniel Bryan is 33, don't you think he has a ton of time becoming the WWE World Heavyweight Champion? What the fuck is wrong with him losing a match now? I already stated previously that it's a dumb idea to eliminate him early, but what are you going to do? Fucking stop production and redo the whole shot? No, move on with your life. If you dislike one outcome, don't become a blueberry and hate on the whole product entirety. It's like people try and forget that Daniel Bryan beat Cena clean for the title, or HHH clean OR Randy Orton and Batista CLEAN for the title again. But nope, we want Bryan to win the rumble because he is the "supposed" underdog!

edge4ever

The Game
Technician
Reaction score
Boo if you want, just know that you're an annoying shithead that ruined watching a match I enjoy watching. The first time I'm actually looking forward to a WWE edited version DVD. I wasn't happy that Batista won the rumble last year. Doesn't mean I'm going to go to depth and cancel my subscription. That's like me watching a TV Show, not liking that they killed off a character I liked and calling the entire show shit. Then I go on and stop supporting the show with the hashtag. [HASHTAG]#CancelThisShow[/HASHTAG]

Daniel Bryan is 33, don't you think he has a ton of time becoming the WWE World Heavyweight Champion? What the fuck is wrong with him losing a match now? I already stated previously that it's a dumb idea to eliminate him early, but what are you going to do? Fucking stop production and redo the whole shot? No, move on with your life. If you dislike one outcome, don't become a blueberry and hate on the whole product entirety. It's like people try and forget that Daniel Bryan beat Cena clean for the title, or HHH clean OR Randy Orton and Batista CLEAN for the title again. But nope, we want Bryan to win the rumble because he is the "supposed" underdog!

I just stated that I don't support cancelling my subscription over this bro. I do support fans booing when they wanted a certain star to either win or do better than he did....clearly WWE made a mistake and the fans responded. Again, if he was in the top 4, at a minimum, wouldn't have been as bad. You need to read my whole post, not parts.

Roman Reigns is 29....he has tons of time as well...I can use the same argument ;) yes, it's a dumb idea to eliminate him early....we are in agreement. I'm not in agreement with the fact that you feel fans booing the rumble is stupid. It's not and they have every right to do so. It was bs and they screwed up big time.

No one has forgotten DB successes at all. I think we sometimes also fail to realize that DB was shot down all throughout 2013 by Orton and the Authority. Only to make it to the Rumble, not compete in the match, and then lose to Bray the same night. They only decided to throw Bryan in Mania because Batista didn't go over well as a face and Punk was gone. He was a filler that worked out. They still tried to make him out to be nothing is my point, much like they're clearly doing again :)

You make some good points and I get your logic, but you're missing keys elements as well.