Can we have a Jack Swagger vs Alex Riley feud for the US Title?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
I know what most of you guys are saying here, "Jack Swagger??? and Riley???". This does look like Zack Ryder's run with the US Title is over as he is in the Kane/Cena angle.
So, who else is their to challenge Swagger for the Title on RAW? We have Kofi, but Kofi doesn't even put a good mic promo. All he usually says is, "Boom! Boom! Boom!".
We also have Truth, but he is gonna be feuding with the Miz for a while.
We have Brodus Clay, but Clay only has been winning against jobbers.
Who else makes sense?

Reason why I have picked Alex Riley is because he has the built for it and can carry the mic promos for this feud while Swagger can carry the matches. Alex Riley has beaten the Miz clean at a PPV, so why not give Riley a push and see how this goes? This can be a good feud and give Riley some mic time and see how much he has learned while walking with the Miz.
What you guys think?

AF.

Reaction score
Would be hilarious if they let Riley go to town on Swagger over the mic.

Actually, would be good if Riley got mic time period. Guy is GOOD.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Never liekd the guy. He reminds of Cena. The only moves he does on TV are Spinebuster, Back Body Drop, Clothesline and his finisher.

I don't say he hasn't talent, I'm just saying that he's not allowed to do shit on TV (maybe). If you put the guy in a feud with Swagger for the US Title, this one'd be awful.

SAIYANS

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
batista2
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Favorite Wrestler
johncena
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
trishstratus
So Swag can break his sandbagging and botching neck like he almost did last time?

Aniking

Reaction score
Not sure how long being in the doghouse lasts, but with that in mind I don't see Riley getting a push anytime soon. Pretty sure he has begun appearing on NXT, so there you go.

Since winning the title, Jack Swagger has pretty much had one match, which he lost to R-Truth on Superstars a few days ago. Not a good start for his title reign, but since when has Swagger been booked strong anyway? Not even the "high points" of his career were booked well. He came out of nowhere to win the Money in the Bank briefcase, cashing it in six days later and having a pretty bad reign as World Heavyweight Champion. For somebody of his size to be built as a losing champion like Miz was (successfully at that) is silly. The guy has so much going for him but it's like the creative team have no belief, even if he's United States Champion.

Anyway, if this feud was booked well, I'd love to see it. I think it could be great, but I definitely can't see it happening. As for who Swagger should feud with next? The only names I can think of would be Brodus Clay, Kofi Kingston or Mason Ryan, and to be honest I'm expecting Ryan to show up any week now and continue the feud he was having with Swagger, Ziggler & Vickie, minus Ziggler this time.

Andrew

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
Favorite Wrestler
princedevitt
Favorite Wrestler
sethrollins
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
johncena2
Favorite Wrestler
ricochet
Please no more Kofi/Swagger feud.

Saw that for half a year on SD then followed it up with Ziggler/Swagger/Kofi on RAW.

I'd pick Alex Riley, R-Truth or Brodus Clay.

Big Red Jericho Punk

Reaction score
Riley is garbage as a face. He is appealing as a heel but still he's very green in the ring. The matches he had with Swagger were brutal to watch including those botches at the end. i'll pass on Riley right now because their better options like R-Truth or even Brodus Clay.

Chriss

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
austinaries2
Favorite Wrestler
danielbryan2
Riley is garbage as a face. He is appealing as a heel but still he's very green in the ring. The matches he had with Swagger were brutal to watch including those botches at the end. i'll pass on Riley right now because their better options like R-Truth or even Brodus Clay.

Ziggler/Swagger/Kofi was on SD at the end of 2010, wasnt it?

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Never liekd the guy. He reminds of Cena. The only moves he does on TV are Spinebuster, Back Body Drop, Clothesline and his finisher.

I don't say he hasn't talent, I'm just saying that he's not allowed to do shit on TV (maybe). If you put the guy in a feud with Swagger for the US Title, this one'd be awful.
That would also remind me of how Ryder got a push for the US Title. Ryder is a good wrestler and pays attention to detail, but its simple. Reason why he finally got out of Superstars was interacting with the fans on the internet. Riley, well he has charisma and it is what it is to the fans and all we want is entertainment in the ring and good mic promos.
Not sure how long being in the doghouse lasts, but with that in mind I don't see Riley getting a push anytime soon. Pretty sure he has begun appearing on NXT, so there you go.

Since winning the title, Jack Swagger has pretty much had one match, which he lost to R-Truth on Superstars a few days ago. Not a good start for his title reign, but since when has Swagger been booked strong anyway? Not even the "high points" of his career were booked well. He came out of nowhere to win the Money in the Bank briefcase, cashing it in six days later and having a pretty bad reign as World Heavyweight Champion. For somebody of his size to be built as a losing champion like Miz was (successfully at that) is silly. The guy has so much going for him but it's like the creative team have no belief, even if he's United States Champion.

Anyway, if this feud was booked well, I'd love to see it. I think it could be great, but I definitely can't see it happening. As for who Swagger should feud with next? The only names I can think of would be Brodus Clay, Kofi Kingston or Mason Ryan, and to be honest I'm expecting Ryan to show up any week now and continue the feud he was having with Swagger, Ziggler & Vickie, minus Ziggler this time.
According to McMahon, Mason will be off TV for a while as that angle with Ziggler+Swagger didn't even fly. That feud was in Nov 2011 and it all was done when they went to Mexico to do RAW.
Please no more Kofi/Swagger feud.

Saw that for half a year on SD then followed it up with Ziggler/Swagger/Kofi on RAW.

I'd pick Alex Riley, R-Truth or Brodus Clay.

Brodus Clay won't work, IMO. Reason why is because Brodus promos, if any without dance off, will just be similar to a Santino promo, won't be taken seriously and I don't want a good title to be taken as a joke.

R-Truth is the only guy that would fit in the picture but if he takes off in the US Title, what happens to Miz?

Dale

Super Moderator
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
ui9LmS7
Favorite Wrestler
Y06mUrE
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
GDgC9g9
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Only if he sandbags Swagger again when he goes for the Swaggerbomb and this time instead of being in the doghouse he gets released.

Reaction score
i really doubt wwe will go for this angle. they have really squashed riley....i mean....the funk of funk made him look like an idiot. but i dont know who swaggger will feud with next....he is pretty much stuck

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
There was a time when I thought they'd be a decent tag team.

God knows why they had Miz put the guy over only to make him nXt fodder a few months later.

JMobile

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Supposely Swagger and Riley are doing work for house shows. Maybe its a sign?

John McHenry

John McHenry
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
dolphziggler2
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
brianpillman
Favorite Wrestler
shaneomac
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Dunno who else I'd really put up against swagger they have too many guys in that awkward almost Heavyweight area and the US title is just kind of irrelevant anymore.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
God knows why they had Miz put the guy over only to make him nXt fodder a few months later.

This

WWE missed their chance on Riley, they pushed him well and he was very over as a face after The Miz feud and then nothing happens. I think that he got injured and then after that WWE never bothered pushing him again. It would be nice to see Riley back on television but he would need to be built up again before he can go for the US title.

Will be tough to pick the next opponent for Swagger since there really aren't that many faces on RAW that are at that level and that get featured on RAW regularly. Santino is probably the best choice at the moment which is pretty sad.