Can Triple H be right about this one?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

The Rated R CMStar

Long time we have heard about discussions between Brian Gerwitz and Triple H giving their opinions to Vince McMahon about Mick Foley having a more active role.

Triple H has always been negative toward this saying Mick Foley doesn't connects anymore with the fans. I thought he was wrong, as I pretty much imagine everybody knew and admire Mick Foley, but now seeing Cyber Sunday, I might have to give the edge to The Game.

I wasn't expecting Mick Foley to get more crowd involvement of support than Stone Cold Steve Austin because, well, he is Stone Cold Steve Austin, but to hear that people is actually supporting JBL before Mick Foley, but not just because the fact that JBL might interfere, no, they don't even see Mick Foley as an option.

So, what are your thoughts? Has Mick Foley lost the connection with the fans?

Reinvented

Reaction score
I agree Triple H is right. Mick is done when they brought him back 9000000 times people just got tired.

People also loved Mankind and Old School Cactus Jack. Not this old hack just jobbing to main event guys every now and then.

Mick should just fade away and then maybe come back like he did with the Rock face Evolution.

Ed_cena

Reaction score
yes,triple h is right,in smackdown when foley name was announced nobady cares (not cheering and not booing) jbl has more crowd reaction than foley.

Reaction score
I was surprised to not hear any kind of pop for Mick but I have to agree with most people on the fact that most fans especially the casual fans don't really care about Mick anymore that's actually kinda sad......I love Mick but he's just too old and beat up to do much in the ring anymore

The Rated R CMStar

The sad thing is that he can't even put talent over as he is not really over anymore.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
Foley definitely lost connection with the fans by NOT having a gimmick. He comes out as himself whether he is dressed up like Mankind or Dude Love or Cactus Jack. He is always the same thing. Nothing new, which is a shame because he is a creative person and good entertainer. It's just the same tired act.

Mr. Mat

yeah the crowd fell asleep with foley's name was mentioned on SD anyway who cares about foley these days last time he was one raw he got now crowd reaction what so ever i'd rather JBL be ref & stone cold god he was badass back in the day but now he's just going around stunning all the heels it's boring

phantomgerald

It's just that he's come back so many times it's not even surprising anymore. JBL is one of the best heels in the business, wrestling or otherwise and deserves a more active role. JBL for GM!!!

C4

They should have had Mick Foley do some Matches on Raw and some wins for him, last time I saw him was The Night of Champions when he lost the 5 Man Challenge but that don't really matter because a week back Umaga beat Mick Foley and he has been loosing all along, making himself look like nothing but an old puppet loosing to every young talent. But, the time is still there before the name "Mick Foley" gets real dead WWE can make the guy look good once again, have him come to RAW make him the "Cactus Jack" or "Mankind" and have a nice feud with some young guy and make him popular then he will be the same Mick Foley but for gods sake have him come as Cactus Jack or Mankind not just Foley himself.

Mike Chaos

Reaction score
What they should do is have a fake Mankind come around doing all the stuff Mick Foley did 10 years ago and it is obvious that its a fake Mankind aka someone just trying to make a name for theirself or an obsessive fan/wrestler that idolized him and is trying to be him or has a alter ego which is Mankind. Then Mick Foley comes out and confronts the fake Mankind blah blah blah. The fake Mankind = EUGENE! When he takes the mask off its Nick Dinsmore (not the Eugene character)! He then explains how his whole life he has been living a dream or something in his brain triggers him to live as other people (Eugene, Fake Mankind, blah blah). I think it would be interesting. Sorry I feel real high right now and didn't even do any drugs its weird I think its from working out.

DeaconBatista

Reaction score
Mike = :rasta:

Yeah, Foley hasn't done anything to hurt himself, but people are bored with him. I was at a RAW taping a few years ago & he received basically no pop, even though his music hit as a surprise during a segment. There was seriously a bigger reaction for some jobbers during the pre-Heat dark matches than what Foley got. Sad.

CenaMark54

Everyone better vote for JBL. It would be far more entertaining with JBL as the guest referee. I mean how many times do we have to subject ourselves to Austin's same old tired act.

Austin will come out a week before, say a few words on how he will call it down the middle, talk about how he will open a can of whoopass if anyone gets out of line. He will stun some low card commentator like Coachman, then have a beer bash like we have seen a million times.

Then at Cyber Sunday we will come out, throw up the middle finger a few times, bury the active talent by taking the spotlight away from them, give out some stunner, drink some beer and cash his paycheck.

Who the hell cheers for that crap. It's not 1999 anymore.

Reaction score
My biggest problem with Mick Foley is he has become nothing but a joke. For example the way he used to do those cheap pops at arenas. Like It just got old. I enjoyed him in wcw as Cactus Jack a lot better. Because he was not playing around!:hehe:

KenFan4life

Reaction score
Maybe they should just hire Mick Foley as a writer for a show, since he's too beat up to do shit, but he still has a good mind on how to build up a feud like the ones he did with Orton&Flair. So maybe just let him book a few things here and there.And maybe ten years or so from now when he gets inducted into the Hall Of Fame, he could challenge a younger talent to a texas bullrope match, and put someone over,but have his son come out so we could have Dewey Foley vs Cody Rhodes on RAW.

P.S.: Ka-Durrh!!!!!!