Can TNA last?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

straight_edge76

Reaction score
Now, this isn't meant to be a TNA hate thread, but they are looking more and more like a sinking ship these days, much like WCW was back in 2000. By that I mean desperate attempts to get all of the 'big names' as close to the top of the card as they can, which if WCW showed us anything that isn't the best way to go about running a wrestling promotion if you want to compete with Vinnie Mac and his product.

So what do you guys think, will TNA last? Or will they eventually go under much like WCW and so many promotions before it?

Reaction score
Can they last? Sure. Will they last? As long as Spike is content with the ratings, they'll continue to offer TNA a programming spot and invest money into the product. Once Spike loses interest, though, short of an act of god, TNA is history.

A more valid question is can TNA prosper and grow? They can, but it's highly doubtful they will under the current administration's mentality. The biggest thing stopping them from growing is that they have no long term goal. Everything they've done, even moving to Mondays, have been in the interest of short term success in the hopes it would translate to long term success.

Reaction score
Ricky Morton of The Rock 'n' Roll Express fame has been talking with TNA about coming in, presumably as an agent.

source: impactwrestling.com

FFS....... This is horrible. Please tell me he'll never be featured on TV, also, wasn't he the one who got fired for messing up in his backstage work back in WWE? or was that the other one?

Although,

TNA is planning on bringing Desmond Wolfe back soon. In his time off from TNA, Wolfe has been doing stand-up comedy at open mic spots in Florida.

source: impactwrestling.com

:D, wasn't he supposed to be injured though? or what? Glad to see hes apparently coming back.

---------------------------------------------
I think all promotions but the one at the top (currently and as far as we can see in the future, WWE) are sinking ships. Bischoff and Hogan combined with Russo are like a million fat guys hopping on and shooting the hull of the ship with cannon balls. So yes, atm, its all Hogan and Bischoff's fault. Russo started the problem though. Dixie should end it and fire them all.

Do you know anything of Morton's work? Of course you don't. You don't know what you're talking about, as usual.

Axis

Reaction score
I've said it before. Quality wrestlers like Ricky Morton is exactly what TNA needs in road agents. Not fucking Simon Diamond. Where is that Adam post though?