Calling it right now.....

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
Ambrose shouldn't go anywhere near Ryback. I'd love him to have a feud with Rey and put him on the shelf, I think Rey brings the best out of heels personally.

This. Any heel going at the ultimate underdog is bound to get mad heat. Rey's small stature and overall charisma and likability makes him the perfect guy to put in feuds with new heels. Look at what his feud with Cody did for Cody. The heel doesn't even need to go over to come out looking like a credible bad guy against Rey.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Agreed, but I think Ambrose would need to go over with his character. Rey doesn't seem to mind putting people over any more anyway, so that's handy. You could then have Orton who also has put people over go up against Ambrose eventually.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I'd love to see him debut on Monday. It's his hometown, and being Raw 1001, he could say it's the beggining of a new era or something. And if he's not going to debut beating up Foley or Regal or someone like that, I could see him debuting against Rey, great choice.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Leo C said:
I'd love to see him debut on Monday. It's his hometown, and being Raw 1001, he could say it's the beggining of a new era or something. And if he's not going to debut beating up Foley or Regal or someone like that, I could see him debuting against Rey, great choice.

You might not be far off since Rey and ADR seem to not be feuding any more for some random reason.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
What could be used to tie everything in pretty well would be ADR buying Ambrose off to take Rey out, so he can focus on the title match. Rey and Dean feud for three months, Ambrose wins the serious 2 - 1 over the three PPVs, he isn't aligned with ADR per say, they just have a loose arrangement. ADR begins to become more humble as he's struggling to get the title, possibly have him lose his riches as he's invested everything into his chase for the big gold. ADR gets a last chance match on SD, Ambrose hits the ring, looks like he'll help ADR but turns on him, beating him down with a psychotic laugh. The next week you have Ambrose cutting a promo talking about how he manipulated Alberto into losing it all, this leads to Del Rio coming out they brawl. Setting up a few PPV matches between them.

The basic idea is to establish Dean as a manipulative heel, sets up ADR as the face on a dominant comeback and allows the reset button to be hit on his character.

Reactions: Asskicker

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
Seabs said:
What could be used to tie everything in pretty well would be ADR buying Ambrose off to take Rey out, so he can focus on the title match. Rey and Dean feud for three months, Ambrose wins the serious 2 - 1 over the three PPVs, he isn't aligned with ADR per say, they just have a loose arrangement. ADR begins to become more humble as he's struggling to get the title, possibly have him lose his riches as he's invested everything into his chase for the big gold. ADR gets a last chance match on SD, Ambrose hits the ring, looks like he'll help ADR but turns on him, beating him down with a psychotic laugh. The next week you have Ambrose cutting a promo talking about how he manipulated Alberto into losing it all, this leads to Del Rio coming out they brawl. Setting up a few PPV matches between them.

The basic idea is to establish Dean as a manipulative heel, sets up ADR as the face on a dominant comeback and allows the reset button to be hit on his character.

Fuck I think I'd love that. Though ADR would have to play the humble role well, as it would be hard for Ambrose to get heat by turning on someone who gets no reactions anyway.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
It would be, ideally he'd get some sympathy as the man who lost it all. Possibly even run vignettes of his houses, cars and other rich people things leaving him. Have Ricardo slap him and walk out even. In my head it would result in a year long story of him getting it all back piece by piece, clawing his way back to the top. For some reason ADR in the Tony Stark mold worked, have him as the fun loving billionaire playboy you just can't help but admire.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Crayo said:
F*** I think I'd love that. Though ADR would have to play the humble role well, as it would be hard for Ambrose to get heat by turning on someone who gets no reactions anyway.

ADR has started getting heat reactions actually if live reports from SD tapings are to be believed. He has taken to the more old school formula of insulting the crowd and their hometown a lot at houseshows and such and it has ended up working. Sadly doesn't seem to translate well to TV.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Calling it now. Ambrose won't debut tomorrow