Call of Duty Black Ops announced

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

nation

Reaction score
Call of Duty 7 has been named; the official site for Treyarch's latest take on Activision's phenomenal franchise has gone live, revealing the game's full title – Call of Duty: Black Ops.

Following on from fresh reports that the game would be taking place in Vietnam and hours before it's to get its first teaser, Activision has pushed the button on Call of Duty: Black Ops' official site. There's little in the way of further information beyond a brief blog entry from the developer of Call of Duty: World at War.

Call of Duty: Black Ops release date is also confirmed, with Treyarch's game shooting for launch on November 9 this year – in keeping with the traditional window for new Call of Duty games.

UPDATE: Activision has confirmed Call of Duty: Black Ops, a game that will take players 'behind enemy lines.' There's still no explicit confirmation of the game's timeline, although with the first trailer imminent we won't be wondering for too long.

Locations for the recently announced Call of Duty: Black Ops have been detailed by UK retailer GAME, with Cuba, the Arctic and Vietnam among the backdrops.

"Now you will witness the birth of the Elite Special Forces and take part in off-the-record missions using unconventional weaponry to get the job done," states the description on GAME's site, spotted by Eurogamer, "From Cuba to the Arctic and the jungles of Vietnam, Call of Duty: Black Ops features stunning cinematic graphics and intense gameplay that puts you right at the heart of the action!"

We'll know more when the first official trailer launches later tonight. Keep those eyes peeled, soldier.

0430-callofduty-blackops_full_380.jpg

Dammit. I was hoping this would be Vietnam exclusive. At least it is in the game. I guess visiting Cuba and the Arctic won't be so bad.

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
Gunna pre-order when I get home.

nation

Reaction score
I better get my Vietnamese Zombies!

PeepShow

Best in the World
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
eAVr0ua
Favorite Wrestler
w7tcn6p
Favorite Wrestler
FOxu9qI
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Sports Team
66EZrsh
Favorite Sports Team
OPg6il8
Favorite Sports Team
T5Zw0Si
lol

I just hope they make a game that doesn't get scrutinized as much as WAW does.

nation

Reaction score
Now that Infinity Ward is basically dead I'm hoping the MW marks will shut the fuck up. I prefer Treyarch over IW anyways. They have equal focus over all the aspects of their games. I do like MW2 more than WAW but Treyarch really knows how to nail the settings of their games and they improve greatly over each title. At the same time though I'm sure there is an incredible amount of pressure to fill the void of Infinity Ward and battle against EA's games.

Dre

Reaction score
Call of Duty: Black Ops (Trailer)

I do believe the whole game is based on the Vietnam War.

[yt]jF4yUHZ0qm4[/yt]

JurassicBonez

Reaction score
Nice. I was looking for this. Kinda hard to find it if I didn't know what the name of it was though.

nation

Reaction score
0:22 -> Cobra helicopter (Vietnam War)
0:25 -> Huey helicopter (Vietnam War)
0:28 -> Vietnam jungle
0:33 -> Steyr Aug
0:34 -> M60
0:35 -> Green Beret soldier
0:42 -> MAC-V SOG soldier
0:43 -> Viet-cong/NVA
0:44 -> Cobra helicopter
0:45 -> SR-71 pilot
0:46 -> SR-71

Some guy from Joystiq noticed all that shit. Pretty sick. The time is slightly different on that vid because of advertisements of GT. Also no, it's not all in Vietnam. This has already been confirmed.

chessarmy

Reaction score
Looks really good, I might have to pick this one up for my Birthday (just 4 days after the game comes out!)

nation

Reaction score
[yt]mSfWHD8tZQY[/yt]

The presentation looks as good as MW2. Hopefully Zombies gets upgraded and they add new shit to the multiplayer and not cater to campers.

hbkfan

Reaction score
looks like a solid game im gonna pick it up when it comes out.