Californication

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Anybody else watching season 6?

I love this show and I fucking adore Tim Minchin but this season is missing any real plot development, and feels like it has severe ADD because there are so many small story threads going on but nothing at all to tie them together as of yet and the season is almost over.

Anybody else feeling this?

Reactions: 1 person
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
I only watched it till Season 3, I think halfway through or till the end I forget.

The first season is easily one of the best things I've watched on TV. Not to mention pretty shocking considering that I come from a pretty prudish/sexually conservative country.

Moody is definitely one of the more loveable characters on TV, cannot see anyone other than Duchovny playing him.

"Hey, on the bright side...instead of finding out that your husband is gay, you could have found out that he was a...scientologist or something."

"I'm a scientologist, Hank."

"Oh."

:lmao

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
It hasn't been on the level of seasons past, but I've been enjoying it thought. RUNKLE HAS BEEN ON FIRE THIS WHOLE SEASON THOUGH! and you can't go wrong with Maggie Grace.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
I only watched it till Season 3, I think halfway through or till the end I forget.

The first season is easily one of the best things I've watched on TV. Not to mention pretty shocking considering that I come from a pretty prudish/sexually conservative country.

Moody is definitely one of the more loveable characters on TV, cannot see anyone other than Duchovny playing him.

:lmao

You should go back and at least finish up until the end of season 4. It wraps up the entire story since the first.

It hasn't been on the level of seasons past, but I've been enjoying it thought. RUNKLE HAS BEEN ON FIRE THIS WHOLE SEASON THOUGH! and you can't go wrong with Maggie Grace.

Yes. After the last episode I am really hoping for more Runkle/Stu Beggs interaction. Those two are golden together. I really wish we had have gotten more Gaygent out of Runkle though. I was dying during that whole plot line.

Maggie Grace is definitely awesome too. Apparently they're giving her character Faith her own spin-off. Not sure how I feel about that.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Maggie Grace is on Californication?

Hmmmm.

Independent character in the storyline or is she romantically/sexually involved with Hank? In retrospect that was a pretty stupid question, as everybody eventually sleeps with Hank on the show anyway :side:

JoMo & the Smoothies said:
You should go back and at least finish up until the end of season 4. It wraps up the entire story since the first.

Planning on it, just keep forgetting about the show. Too much TV isn't good for you.

Last edited:

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
I heard they canceled the spin-off show and the SUPER GAYGEST stuff had me crying of laughter.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score
Am still catching up with this, have basically seen the first three seasons, and would say it slowly decline, with three being the worse. As much as I love Kathern Turner found her character very annoying, and the stuff with Rongle and his wife just got very over the top.

But the first two seasons were really good fun, with some awesome comedy set pieces, love when Hank goes down on the wrong woman, and explains it with, "hey that could have happened to anyone, it was the wrong place, wrong time, wrong PUSSY!"

Soon will be checking out season four as three did have an oddly powerful ending.

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
I heard they canceled the spin-off show and the SUPER GAYGEST stuff had me crying of laughter.

Pretty sure they did. Which sucks, because Maggie Grace is hot and the reason why I became interested this season.

I haven't watched it for a few weeks now, and hadn't really seen an episode before this season started. But i'm going to get the DVD's soon of the other seasons.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Soon will be checking out season four as three did have an oddly powerful ending.

Wait, I think I watched till the end of Season 3.

Season 3 ends with Hank's arrest and his subsequent separation from his family, yes?

While I did think that Season 3 was pretty weak in comparison to the other seasons, the ending was amazing and it did get me thinking as to how the character has gotten away with so much...every action has a reaction, how Hank managed to sidestep that law of nature for three seasons is one of the mysteries of life.

Keith

WCW Halloween Phantom
Reaction score

Season 3 ends with Hank's arrest and his subsequent separation from his family, yes?

While I did think that Season 3 was pretty weak in comparison to the other seasons, the ending was amazing and it did get me thinking as to how the character has gotten away with so much...every action has a reaction, how Hank managed to sidestep that law of nature for three seasons is one of the mysteries of life.
Yeah I think theres a sense of his daughter and wife keeping him from going over the edge, and just the way the darker ending came out of nowhere just grabbed me.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
"Rocket Man" was the perfect companion song to the final scene of Season 3.

I have to admit myself the ending sent shivers down my spine as well.

monkeystyle

Reaction score
Am still catching up with this, have basically seen the first three seasons, and would say it slowly decline, with three being the worse. As much as I love Kathern Turner found her character very annoying, and the stuff with Rongle and his wife just got very over the top.

But the first two seasons were really good fun, with some awesome comedy set pieces, love when Hank goes down on the wrong woman, and explains it with, "hey that could have happened to anyone, it was the wrong place, wrong time, wrong PUSSY!"

I didn't mind Kathleen Turner's character but I fucking LOVED Rick Springfield through out that entire season. Especially the episode at Hank's apartment with Hank, Runkle, Rick Springfield and all of the girls he'd been juggling that season. One of my favourite episodes ever.

Yes, and season 4 deals with the fallout.

"Rocket Man" was the perfect companion song to the final scene of Season 3.

I have to admit myself the ending sent shivers down my spine as well.

Yeah, it was the perfect song to end the season with. No dialogue, just the song. And the original wouldn't have fit the ending either. My Morning Jacket's cover is just so hauntingly perfect for the scene.

That's one of the things I love the most about Californication. It's a show about debauchery and thoughtless human error but it also has such a good heart to it and even though Hank is a mess you really feel that he has, for the most part, really good intentions. Combine that with an impeccable selection of music for the show's big moments and the show is very moving when it means to be.

It really reinforces the old saying that the road to Hell is paved with good intentions. Love it so much.

On another note, the new episode that's being aired on Sunday (they're released on Showtime's website on the Monday before) was the funniest episode I had seen in a long time. It made me so happy. It really captured that genuine Californication feeling again. It had me laughing until there were tears running down my face and then there were those highly emotionally charged moments that bring you right back down to Earth. Amazing episode.

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisjericho
Favorite Wrestler
eddieguerrero
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
evolution
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
When it comes to narcissists on television, the only ones I can muster up any legitimate and heartfelt sympathy for are Hank Moody and Patrick Jane. (Due to their familial attachments besides their addictions, i.e Moody to women and Jane to money) Dr. House to an extent, but sometimes it's almost as if he enjoys being an ass to sympathize with him.

Crippler

Prove me wrong
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
chrisbenoit2
The lack of Becka in the Sunday episode was great