Cain Velasquez Thinks He Can Beat Fedor If They Fought

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Millzy Pt. 2

Reaction score

Cain Velasquez, who fights Ben Rothwell next week at UFC 104, talks to MMA Fanhouse on AOL.com about how he feels he would do against the man considered to be the best heavyweight in the world, Fedor Emelianenko:

“Definitely me. I’m a proud Mexican fighter. Anybody who steps in that ring with me, it’s like f*** them, I’m gonna beat them. The guy’s gonna have to kill me. I think he’s an awesome fighter, he’s the best. It’s not like the movies or TV with the biggest and most muscular guy going out there and he’s the baddest guy, it’s not always like that. Like Cheick Kongo, I don’t look anything like him, but if you got the heart and the fighter spirit, that counts for a lot."

MMANEWS.com

xtremebadass

Well looks like Cain is getting a little over his head. If he would have kept the fight with Carwin and beat Carwin, I might agree with him, but no, I don't think he is fit to comment on this just yet.

xtremebadass

I think Fedor is over-rated and all, but still I don't think he can get beat by Velasquez. Cain is good and all, but even with my hate for Fedor being very high, I can't take away his dominance.

Quintastic One

Reaction score
I think its a good publicity move. Because even if the lower esque guys are calling out Fedor, then that helps more than just one or two fights have meaning. If Fedor would stop being a pussy and sign with the UFC people already want to see Fedor Vs. Lesnar, Fedor Vs. Cro Cop, Fedor Vs. Nogueira and Fedor Vs. Couture. Even if Cain would get creamed, at least he's adding to the fire that Fedor needs to sign with UFC if he wants to be considered the best.

xtremebadass

All we need now is for Kimbo to call out Fedor...OH DAMN!