Bushwhacker Butch has passed away

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
intro-1680556824.jpg

WWE Hall of Famer Bushwhacker Butch (Bob Miller) has passed away at the age of 78.

His longtime tag team partner of 50 years, Luke Williams (Bushwhacker Luke), announced the news Monday on Facebook, saying he passed away last night.

PWInsider had reported last week that Miller had flown to the U.S. from New Zealand and had a medical episode shortly after arriving in Los Angeles and was rushed to the hospital. It's unknown what the issue was, but a GoFundMe to help the family with medical bills has been established.

He leaves behind his wife, Helen, two daughters and grandchildren.

Miller and Williams were inducted into the WWE Hall of Fame in 2015.

First starting as The Kiwis, Miller and Williams worked in New Zealand, Australia, Japan and other nearby countries, the two eventually made their way to North America, making appearances for Stu Hart's Stampede Wrestling.

In the late 70s, they became the New Zealand Sheepherders and worked for Jim Crockett Promotions, Pacific Northwest Wrestling under Don Owen, and Carlos Colon's World Wrestling Council.

Miller moved home to New Zealand in 1981 to be closer to his family and Williams teamed with Jonathan Boyd to create the New Sheepherders -- a more violent version of the duo. Miller reunited with Williams several years and continued to work in Memphis, the WWC and UWF before Vince McMahon came calling in 1988.

While never winning the WWF Tag Team titles, the renamed Bushwhackers became more of a comedy team and lasted there until 1996. After wrapping up there, they worked indie shows until Miller retired in 2001 due to a neck injury with Williams retiring the next year.

• Sad
Reactions: Doom

Wangman Page

Cowboy Shit
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
hulkhogan
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles2
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
boots2asses
This is gutting. I saw them live once when I was a kid and remember one of them licking my brother.

RIP Butch

Sent from my SM-S908U using Tapatalk

Reactions: Doom

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
RIP. Always heartbreaking to hear of a passing. Especially when its someone you watched growing up