Burnout?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Headfirst For Hardcore

Reaction score
Has anyone here been burned out by wrestling?

That's watching too much or reading too much about wrestling and just getting bored with it. This happened to me a couple of months ago. Everything just got ridiculously boring, even though other people would love it. I almost stopped watching wrestling completely because of being burned out on it. I guess watching too much wrestling will just make your head explode.

Evil Austin

Yes same here. From the Great American Bash 2008' until Unforgiven 2008' I didn't see one Raw, TNA, Smackdown or ECW or even PPV event. I saw the rest on the internet afterwards. Not really because I was burnt out but mainly cause we just moved' and I was living in a hotel and was online in an internet cafe. Nonetheles I was getting a little bored and I was getting used to not watching wrestling and when I came back to it around the time of Taboo Tuesday I was like nah I can miss this week I don't need it lol.

Chuck Taylor's Grenade

I just recently started watching Raw again after not watching it for at least 6 months. Plus the last TNA I watched I changed the channel after five minutes because it was so godawful. So I'm not burnt out on wrestling, I'm burnt out on bad wrestling.

Reaction score
I stopped watching after Mania 18 when HHHitler moved to Raw, and brought a belt out of the attic (World Heavyweight Championship/Old WCW) for himself after burying (humiliating) a "paper champion" Jericho repeatedly. I didn't watch alot of 2003, because come to think of it, almost 2/3 of every Raw or Smackdown (can't remember which one he was on) was devoted to HHH and Stephanie.

The Rated R CMStar

I am shocked I haven't got burn out by now. For the last 2 years I watch a PPV, maybe 2, per day, after that, I read the results of Raw, or SD, or ECW depending on the day, and browse Dailymotion to catch all wrestling.

The closest I have gotten to getting burn out is refusing to watch Raw in the build up for Batista vs Jericho at CS

CT Styles

I've watched one RAW in full in the last six months probably, most likely longer. I don't know, I just can't be bothered. It's at 3:30PM here after school and I just can't be fucked to sit down for two hours, it needs to be on at a good time for me to bother to watch it. I watch TNA more though, that's on a Saturday.

Reaction score
Not necessarily burnt out on wrestling as yet. But it's like all things you are ridiculously passionate about. Soon enough you're going to OD and need a little rehab.

I haven't watched or taken notice of horseracing for the past 3 weeks, as an example. It's my life, wife and kids, but I'm horsed out.

Hometown Kid

I'm burnt out on bad wrestling.

Ding.

It's been hard to stomach TNA and WWE the last few months, but ECW usually provides a fairly cool hour and Smackdown has it's moments as well. I enjoy watching ROH and NOAH, NJPW, and AJPW as well when I can. But it's hard to watch the crappier shows at times. :/