Bully Ray praises Punk

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

AZUCAR!

Reaction score
TNA wrestler and former WWE/ECW star Bully Ray sat down with Busted Open Radio to promote his upcoming Impact Wrestling on-air wedding with Brooke Hogan. While there, he talked about TNA's new PPV schedule, expanding their market to famous wrestling cities more often, and of course this Thursday's "wedding".

Interestingly, the TNA star went out of his way to mention the current WWE Champion, CM Punk:

"I’m a Punk fan. You know why I’m a Punk fan? Because that bastard says what’s on his mind. There is one thing that he doesn’t have that I respect and that’s fear. He has no fear. He so reminds me of someone who would fit into the ECW locker room. He’s got balls as big as mine. Back in the day when I was starting riots, that if I did that s–t today, I’d be sued for life and probably wind up dead behind bars. And they don’t have a choice in what he says because he is going to say whatever "I’m a Punk fan. You know why I’m a Punk fan? Because that bastard says what’s on his mind. There is one thing that he doesn’t have that I respect and that’s fear. He has no fear. He so reminds me of someone who would fit into the ECW locker room. He’s got balls as big as mine. Back in the day when I was starting riots, that if I did that s–t today, I’d be sued for life and probably wind up dead behind bars. And they don’t have a choice in what he says because he is going to say whatever the hell he wants, and I love it. He is the punk rock version of pro wrestling, and that’s what we were back in the day."

Nice to see another Punk fan :y:

The Cork

Banned
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
scottsteiner
Favorite Wrestler
brocklesnar
Favorite Wrestler
carlito
Favorite Wrestler
goldburg
Favorite Wrestler
jakeroberts
Favorite Wrestler
paige
They are exactly the same guy, potentially badass wrestler watered down into a shadow of what they once were.

TNA have fucked up Bully Ray worse than WWE with Punk though.

Deezy

DZ PZ
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
brethart2
Favorite Wrestler
newjack
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Wrestler
therock
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Wrestler
wolfpac
They are exactly the same guy, potentially badass wrestler watered down into a shadow of what they once were.

TNA have fucked up Bully Ray worse than WWE with Punk though.

Couldn't agree more.

Bully Ray had the best year he has had since ECW and I don't understand why he was put in such a storyline that seems more like sabotage than anything.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
No surprise that Bully Ray is a fan of a guy that speaks his mind. Agree that it is a shame at how his character has been used lately because he was by far the best heel in TNA and now they are wasting that.

Troy

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
Favorite Wrestler
wherestroy
They are a pro wrestling staple and they normally pop a decent rating. Don't think people care that much but there must be enough that do since it is used frequently.

Rated R Superstar

Reaction score
I think it's more or less just to have someone come out and crash the party. But Bully is the last person they should have used for it.