Bull-to-the-mother-f'n-shit.

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Jonathan

Champion
Reaction score
F4WOnline.com reports that WWE officials are considering taking the WWE Championship off CM Punk due to ‘terrible ratings patterns’ for his weekly segments on Raw.

The matter was broached prior to Sunday’s WWE TLC pay-per-view event, which saw Punk ultimately retain the strap in a Triple Threat Tables, Ladders & Chairs Match against Alberto Del Rio and The Miz. The trend of lackluster ratings for his segments continued the following night on Raw as the program’s overrun, which saw the Straight Edge Superstar, Daniel Bryan and Zack Ryder overcame The Miz, Alberto Del Rio and Dolph Ziggler, only gain 59,000 viewers.

Wrestling Observer editor Dave Meltzer analyzes: “That’s almost impossible given people tune in to see the following show, which basically meant wrestling fans must have been tuning out in droves (they were during the first half of the match but then started gaining at 11 p.m., but hardly gained anything).”

The main event garnered a 2.67 cable rating (2.55 for the first half of the bout), which Meltzer says is by far, the lowest-rated main event on Raw in 2011 and possibly the lowest since 1997 for a non-holiday show in its regular time slot.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
So they only blame Punk for this? Sorry but this is WWE's fault entirely. They've concentrated so long on one star (Cena) and are now considering binning all the time spent to make Punk as over as he is? I can tell you right now why Punk isn't a draw. Because they do what they do to every babyface, and change their fucking personality. If he got over with his other personality, let him keep it *input cult of personality joke*. Punk brought SO MANY fans back with his shoot promo, now he's there shaking hands with people all smiley, since when is Punk like that?

He should be there doing his own thing. Ignoring the bosses. Cutting viscous promos stretching the line. He can be booked like the new SCSA. If he doesn't get what he wants in one segment, he comes out and ruins a match in extraordinary fashion. He can potentially be massive, yet WWE ruin him. Sheamus went from badass motherfucker who didn't care about anyone, to shaking hands with hornswaggle. Orton went from kicking anyone in the skull to... well... nothing. He seems to not have a gimmick atm apart from Viper. Not all faces need to be generic smileys, Rock wasn't, SCSA wasn't. 2 biggest faces in WWE history. Fix it WWE.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
I'm gonna wait till I see it tbh. Just seems like typical dirt sheet bs for a slow news day. The amount of money Punk has made in shirt sales alone will convince Vince to keep the belt on him for longer. Yeah just checked the BITW shirt is tell the top seller on wweshop.com and i think it's been in the position since MITB so what 6 months now?

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
True. But to any TV Company, Ratings are still very important. The advertisements they broadcast will put a lot more money in their wallets than merchandise sales. But you're right, I don't think this is a legit report, but if it is; then I'm definitely not a happy fan.

seabs

Walking the King’s Road
Reaction score
They haven't drawn huge ratings with Cena as Champ though so I don't see them investing too much into it tbh. They seem to know what there going to get and work to that.

Crayo

The Boss
Reaction score
Website
wweforums.net
seabs said:
They haven't drawn huge ratings with Cena as Champ though so I don't see them investing too much into it tbh. They seem to know what there going to get and work to that.

It's 3.2's I think as Cena as champ. Not an improvement but not a drop, I'm putting it down to holiday season. More people are out christmas shopping late at night than watching wrestling. I doubt they're taking this seriously, but if they are; my first post sums up my feelings for it ;).

Roach

Inappropriately dressed Walmart shopper
Reaction score
Website
www.dogforo.co.uk
I just read this and was going to post it myself. If they do it will be a bad move. But it fits into the report that he could be moved to Smackdown. Who knows, it's the WWE. Anything can happen.