Bubba Ray: Cameo or More?

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

u_cant_c_me

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
It will be Different Seeing Bully Ray It will be Fun tho

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
Was bubba fat again? I was unsure if it was clothing or if he actually went back to his old shape.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
Was bubba fat again? I was unsure if it was clothing or if he actually went back to his old shape.
pretty sure its just the terrible attire

0b0372e807880b1bd5dbf114a58c9442.jpg

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
It still isn't the best schedule for him, but that's what I think, I don't know exactly, neither have I seen anything from TNA since 2013, so my opinion might be irrelevant. Even if he can pull off wrestling in 250+ matches, I don't think returning to WWE is something he really wants without Devon. But, if the money is right, he can still take the offer.

I just don't think it's going to be a full-time thing.

It's fine that you're entitled to your opinion. But it's not just an opinion. You make a sweeping generalization based off nothing more than a bias about the man's age. That's where I took offense. The only person who knows whether a 250 day schedule is too much for Bubba is Bubba himself.

Jack LaLanne continued to work out vigorously for two to three hours a day into his late 90s. Yes he is an extreme exception to the rule, but that's the exact point I am making. Age is a variable. 44 for one guy might feel and seem like 33 to another guy. 44 might be too old for some people to work a WWE schedule, but it's not universal. Ric Flair worked a WWE schedule, 250 plus days into his late 50's. Ahmed Johnson would not have been able to do that. Hulk Hogan was not physically capable of that either. And that's the only point I am trying to make. Age is different for different people. Bubba is in excellent shape and I think he could work a WWE schedule full time easily.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Bubba Ray Dudley did an interview with WWE.com talking about his return at this link.
Highlights:

What was it like to hear the name 'Bubba Ray Dudley' in a WWE arena again: "I’ve always been Bubba Ray Dudley. That’s who I am. Throughout the course of your career, sometimes you have to reinvent yourself. I’ve always considered WWE my home and where I belong. Sometimes you have to leave a place to truly appreciate what you had. Being away from here for so long made me appreciate what I had here. I’m more mature as a person, I’m more mature in the business, and this was a great night for me. More importantly, it was a great night for the WWE Universe. I think they had a great time for the five or 10 minutes I was out there. If tonight was the only night, great. If it could go on longer, that’s great, too. Hopefully it can."

How is he different from when he was last seen in WWE: "I just think that I’ve learned how to be a smarter entertainer. I’ve learned to entertain in a way the fans can truly appreciate. Whenever I talk about going out there and entertaining, I compare it to the rock ‘n’ roll band Kiss. They don’t waste a note. They don’t waste a breath. They don’t waste a second. It’s constant entertainment from the minute they play “Detroit Rock City” to the end of “Rock and Roll All Nite,” they are giving you your money’s worth. That’s what’s different about me. I try to go out there and give the people their money’s worth every inch of the way."

How did the opportunity to appear at Royal Rumble come about: "WWE called me about a month ago and said, “Would you like an opportunity in the Royal Rumble?” And I said, “Absolutely.” I showed up here today and they said, “We want you to be a surprise.” I thought that was great, and I hid all day."

What does the future hold for him or The Dudley Boyz: "If the WWE Universe and the WWE higher-ups want to see us here, then yes, hopefully there is a future. I really say it’s up to the fans. By the reaction tonight, I’d say the fans would love to see us back. And hopefully we can do it."

Where is D-Von: "He’s getting the tables."

Green Jesus

The Showoff
Reaction score
pretty sure its just the terrible attire

0b0372e807880b1bd5dbf114a58c9442.jpg
Thank god. I can actually imagine vince doing something like "hey, bubba, you know, we want you, but the fans won't understand you being so different, so you have a few months to get chubby again and we'll have you with open arms! XOXO"

KITT

The Artiste
Reaction score
Give The Ascension a program between now and Mania against Dudleys. Crowd goes apeshit, for Dudleys who can still go & get the new guys over.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
I wouldn't complain about a Dudleyz run in WWE at this point, wouldn't hurt (it's not like the tag division is on fire lol), but yeah, I'd much rather see him doing the Bully Ray deal.

Dolph'sZiggler

Biggest self-mark since Bret Hart
Reaction score
I wouldn't complain about a Dudleyz run in WWE at this point, wouldn't hurt (it's not like the tag division is on fire lol), but yeah, I'd much rather see him doing the Bully Ray deal.
Do you know who I ammmmmmmmmmmm?

Reactions: Leo C

InSaNe

I lost it. I'm InSaNe!
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold
Favorite Wrestler
stonecold2
Favorite Wrestler
bullyray
Favorite Wrestler
cmpunk
Favorite Wrestler
oAYiXZo
Favorite Wrestler
nwo
Favorite Sports Team
6yloAaa
Not sure if you saw him in TNA the past 2 years, he's definitely still got it.
I agree. Hopefully Bubba Ray has something similar to the TNA stint. I LOVED Aces of Eights/Bully Ray.
It still isn't the best schedule for him, but that's what I think, I don't know exactly, neither have I seen anything from TNA since 2013, so my opinion might be irrelevant. Even if he can pull off wrestling in 250+ matches, I don't think returning to WWE is something he really wants without Devon. But, if the money is right, he can still take the offer.

I just don't think it's going to be a full-time thing.
Seriously, until you watch Aces of Eights/Bully Ray in action... Don't even bother weighing in on Bubba Ray. AoE was just pure gold. Made of win.

If you put Bully Ray/AoE in WWE. Forget the current WWE product, forget Nexus, forget EVERYTHING else in WWE. Forget it. Nothing will come close to what Bully Ray did in TNA. Want a NWO-like revival? That's it.

Last edited: