WCW: The Millennium Project

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
lpVJxOd.png
UPDATED 3/31/24
PPV ARCHIVE-

Souled Out- 1/16/00
SuperBrawl 2000- 2/20/00
Uncensored 2000- 3/19/00

"THE ROAD TO" ARCHIVE
The Road to Souled Out
The Road to SuperBrawl 2000
The Road to Uncensored

WCW NEWSWIRE
Post-Souled Out
Post- SuperBrawl 2000

WCW is looking to leave the past behind as we embark on a new millennium. The mistakes and follies made over the past few years are starting to take their toll on the entire WCW product, and if something isn’t done to right these wrongs, there will soon no longer be an alternative to the WWF. There are a multitude of reasons as to why WCW is in such a slump, but with the talent on the roster, Ted Turner’s bottomless pockets, and a glimmer of hope, all can be undone and corrected.

After ERIC BISCHOFF was sent packing in September of 1999, Director of Tuner Sports HARVEY SCHILLER wasted no time in finding his replacement(s) in VINCE RUSSO and ED FERRARA. Both Russo and Ferrara had a bit to do with ushering in the WWF Attitude Era, and the pitch that won the Turner executives over was “crash television, bro!” In an attempt to throw anything at the wall and hope it stuck, the Turner execs gave Russo and Ferrara the book and told them to make it work…

Russo and Ferrara hardly hit the ground running. Their inception was perceived as more of a crash landing. Some may even say the plane Russo and Ferrara were on never left the runway. The crash television simply did not work. The boys weren’t into it, and soon, a mutiny was a mere bad booking decision away.

After a disastrous Halloween Havoc and Mayhem, which saw Hulk Hogan doing the “job” for Sting and a lack-luster-at best 32-man tournament to crown the next WCW Champion, Ted Turner expressed his displeasures to Schiller. While Russo and Ferrara may have been behind the curtain calling the shots, the two were far from being BEYOND THE CURTAIN, where the real shot-callers were discussing WCW’s future…

PaVMlUp.png

RQscN3B.png

---

Ancylfq.png
After the buyer’s remorse of Russo and Ferrara finally set it and the honeymoon period was officially over, Schiller went to Turner and immediately let him know they made a huge mistake in both signings. Instead of panicking, Turner decided to throw caution to the wind. He told Schiller they were taking his private plane to Casper, Wyoming-to visit the man they exiled a mere sixty days ago- ERIC BISCHOFF.

Although Bischoff was a million miles away, he still checked in with some of his friends within WCW. He knew the temperature inside the company, and knew the harm Russo and Ferrara were causing. Bischoff shouldn’t have cared as much as he did, something that ate away at him. He helped build this empire from the ground up. He did a lot of reflecting over the past two months, and was able to clear a lot of things up in his head that had been jumbled around over the past six years. He once again felt fresh, creative, and full of ideas.

An unexpecting Bischoff smirked when he saw his two former bosses at his front door. Bischoff, not one to mince words, let both Schiller and Turner know where he stood on a lot of things, and mostly everything. Turner and Schiller were both apologetic and sincere in their pitch to bring Bischoff back. At first, the pitch was simple. They would bring Bischoff in as a consultant that would oversee the final plans for television. Bischoff had no interest in that role. They then pitched the idea of having him work side-by-side with both Russo and Ferrara-something that Bischoff vehemently said no to. After mulling it around over a bottle of Jack Daniels, Bischoff gave them an ultimatum. It was either him or Russo and Ferrara. He was not going to work on a booking team with either of them, and he was not going to be a consultant that had to play politics with everybody in the back. He wanted full and total control…

dQiH3Fl.png

HTPCLNT.png
Following that fateful day in early December 1999, Eric Bischoff soon found himself boarding a plane for Washington D.C. for Starrcade. After the unofficial meeting that took place on his ranch, he was able to strike a deal with Ted Turner himself, to regain full and total control of WCW. However, the first official day of his contract was to begin on December 18, 1999-one full day before the Starrcade Pay-Per-View was to take place.

Bischoff spent all day in the back, in a locked conference room. He hashed out his plans for the new millennium with a few people who were in-the-know. On the outside, it seemed like another day for WCW. Frantic, hectic, and full of Russo running around pitching asinine ideas that only a mere decimal percentage of the crowd would understand. Russo finished the final script for Starrcade in the late-afternoon, and handed it to Harvey Schiller. Schiller then quickly brought it to Bischoff who read it over.

After grimacing and shaking his head while reading the entirety of the script, Bischoff finally looked up. He made it a point to not be seen by anybody other than his own people and Harvey Schiller that day until absolutely necessary. He also knew re-writing the entire script would ruin the surprise of him being back so suddenly, but he had another idea.

Bischoff decided to let the entire show go as planned on Russo’s original script, sans the main event between WCW Champion Bret Hart and Goldberg. He quickly nixed the idea of Goldberg hitting Hart with a superkick, and changed a few minor spots including Bret’s signature figure four leg lock over the ring post.

The show went off with many hitches, hiccups and botches. Bischoff watched tightly to the monitor, as he was to summon Bret Hart and Goldberg into the conference room a mere half-hour before they were scheduled to go on.

Both Hart and Goldberg entered the room with surprised looks on their faces. Bischoff quickly apologized for everything that had transpired over his watch, and promised both men things would be different this time around. The genuine and straight-forward tone and look in Bischoff’s eyes won both Bret and Goldberg over instantly.

Soon, Bischoff brought in Scott Hall and Kevin Nash, and along with Bret Hart and Goldberg, laid out how the ending was going to transpire. He also laid out a year’s worth of booking plans to stroke each man’s ego for good measure. After the brief meeting, all four were on-board with Bischoff’s direction.

dQiH3Fl.png

h8tzPi9.png
Hart, Goldberg, Hall and Nash all were in agreement to not let anybody else know what was going to happen, and after smartening referee Nick Patrick up right before they all went out, it was go-time. Behind the curtain, Russo and Ferrara were on headsets for the main event. Russo immediately knew something was up when the planned figure four around the ring post spot never came to be. After yelling expletives to anyone and everyone on the other side of the headset, he called for the match to go home.

Yet, the match did not go home. In fact, it went on for another ten minutes before the big ending. Goldberg had Bret Hart dead to rights, calling for the SPEAR. Suddenly, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall jumped the guard rail and observed the match going on. Referee Nick Patrick turned his back, which allowed Kevin Nash to sneak a pair of brass knuckles to Bret Hart. The Outsiders hanging at ringside was enough distraction for Bret Hart to drill Goldberg in the head with the brass knuckles, and ultimately pinning him, retaining the WCW Championship.

Following the match, Hall and Nash jumped into the ring, and Nash took the mic, declaring the three of them THE FOUNDING FATHERS of WCW, and promised the world that tonight was the dawning of a new era. The crowd was hot, but in a good way. The logical booking of three of the top men in WCW forming an alliance was something they’ve all seen before with the formation of the nWo, but this time it felt different. It felt fresh. It felt creative. They ate it up, as much of the boys in the back did. One person who did not eat it up was Vince Russo.

Russo stormed from his desk at Gorilla Position and barged into every single room in the back until he found the one that was locked. Expecting Russo, Bischoff had one of his guys unlock the door. Russo stormed into the room, and to his surprise, Eric Bischoff was sitting at a conference table, booking the future of WCW. After telling Russo that he was once again in control, an enraged Russo picked up an office chair and flung it in the direction of Eric Bischoff.

Russo, for all of his faults, was a logical man, and knew picking a fight with a black-belt would only bruise his ego even more than it had already been on this night, smartly threw the chair near Bischoff, and not at him. Bischoff didn’t even flinch as he continued to write in his notebook.

After listening to Russo rant and rave about what a dysfunctional place WCW was, and how it would never beat the WWF in anything ever again, Bischoff finally responded.

“Hey Vince, you’re fired!”

“Fuck you Eric! You can’t fire me…because I QUIT…BRO!”

After unofficially quitting, Russo barged out of the conference room. A group of the boys had gathered around the room to see the commotion, only to find Russo storming out, and Bischoff booking at a conference table. Bischoff picked his head up from his booking and looked over at the door full of crowded WCW superstars and personnel…

“Well boys, I’m back!”

The boys cheered, knowing that at least Bischoff had a method to his madness, opposed to Russo who was downright insane with no payoff in sight. Bischoff hadn’t even lifted his head from his booking notebook, and had already won the boys back over. Bischoff knew he had his work cut out for him. He knew the success wouldn’t happen overnight. He knew this was going to be a project in getting WCW turned around.

Bischoff finally closed his notebook and rubbed his eyes. It was nearly Midnight and he had been up for almost 24 hours. After flipping one more time through his notebook he finally closed it. He looked down at the cover, and laughed. A project, indeed it would be, and the words scribbled on the front of the notebook simply read:

THE MILLENNIUM PROJECT

PaVMlUp.png

Current Champions:

eiyreQZ.png
1GP5N0b.png

WCW World Heavyweight Champion- Bret Hart

EDfKs6i.png
5EdymDY.png

WCW United States Champion- Jeff Jarrett

1F3rBqf.png
abFO1Fn.png
ipc28uq.png

WCW Tag Team Champions- The Outsiders (Scott Hall & Kevin Nash)

NLiL5Al.png

WCW Cruiserweight Champion- Vacant

XoC0AVN.png
1AKAzZe.png

WCW Hardcore Champion- Norman Smiley

PaVMlUp.png

BT NOTE: Hey there BTB world. I’m back again. This is a project I’ve been wanting to get off the ground for quite some time. I had this thing locked and loaded back in 2020 but never pulled the trigger on it. Since then, I’ve tweaked it a bit, honed in on a few major storylines and figured everything out (at least I hope) and am confident enough to begin posting. My goal (lofty as it sounds) is to post a PPV monthly, lining up the calendars of 2000 with 2024. So, in theory, Souled Out will be up by the end of January, Halloween Havoc will be posted in October and Starrcade will be posted in December, and so on and so forth.

One of my first true fantasy bookings was back in 2004, and it was WCW 2000. Finally figuring out how to use the internet, I searched for cool wrestling figures on Google and came across pictures from the WCW ToyBiz figure line. Little did I know that checking out that Angelfire website with WCW action figures on it and writing down fantasy matches based on my favorite figures would turn into a full-fledged BTB 20 years later. Later on that year I scanned ebay and bought VHS tapes of all of the PPV’s from 2000 on my mother’s credit card without her knowing. I watched those tapes so many times that soon, I knew every PPV match from 2000-mostly from being in my room at night after being grounded for racking up some expensive charges on said credit card.

This will follow the same format that I’ve used in the past. “The Road To” followed by a recapped version of the monthly PPV. I’m excited to see these ideas finally come to life, as well as the other ones I’ve thought of along the way.

With this being WCW 2000, I still plan on having some of the wrestlecrap that came with the year sprinkled in, however, it won’t be as rampant as it was in real life. For everyone who tunes in to this project-stop by, hang for the content, or scroll through and look at the “futuristic” graphics. Most of all, enjoy!

Last edited:

Stojy

Reaction score
YES! YES! YES! I'd like to think I'm one of your biggest fans. Amazing to have you back, I'm all in on this. Can't wait to see how you tidy up this shit show.

Gambit

Reaction score
I’ll be give Russo credit for putting Bret and The Outsiders together (Jarrett was there too… unfortunately), and with him not involved I’m curious to see what you take WCW in a time it needed a good jolt.

Dubble J

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Interesting premise here, BT. Excited to have you back in action more than anything but this era is stuff I definitely dig. Going to enjoy seeing you book Bret Hart without the career ending kick. We've seen what you can do with WWF, l can't wait to see what you do with WCW, BROTHER.

Reactions: BattleTank

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
TQrxBYx.png

WCW is kicking off the new millennium in high gear! After Eric Bischoff’s surprising return to the company following Starrcade, things have been trending upwards for World Championship Wrestling since the calendar turned to January of 2000. We put a pin in the year 1999 and move forward with the first Pay-Per-View event of 2000 with SOULED OUT! Coming to you live from the Firstar Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio-Souled Out has shaped up to be a can’t-miss event! With many twists and turns, betrayals and newly-formed alliances, each action-packed match from Souled Out will have you on the edge of your seat! We advise you all to buckle up and keep your hands inside the vehicle as we begin our journey down the tumultuous ROAD TO SOULED OUT!

PaVMlUp.png

THE MILLENNIUM MAN
Sid Vicious claimed his spot as the number one contender to Bret Hart’s WCW Championship with a massive victory in the 20-Man Battle Royal on the special New Year’s Evil edition of Nitro back on December 27.
Sid was able to outlast 19 other men, last eliminating the very tough Diamond Dallas Page. However, it was the post-match antics that led “The Millennium Man” on a warpath leading up to Souled Out.

After winning the Battle Royal, Sid found himself in the crosshairs of the newly-founded group called THE FOUNDING FATHERS-consisting of WCW Champion Bret Hart, Tag Team Champions Scott Hall & Kevin Nash, and “The Total Package” Lex Luger. With Bret Hart on commentary for the 20-Man Battle Royal, he would have the chance to view his Souled Out opponent from a front row seat. Following Sid’s victory, Bret Hart quickly stood up from his commentary chair and held the WCW Championship high above the air for Sid-and the rest of the world- to see.

Sid, not one to ever back down from a fight, told Bret Hart to step inside the ring. Bret, now a nefarious individual, had other plans. A devilish grin formed across the reigning WCW Champion’s face as Scott Hall and Kevin Nash emerged from the crowd. With Sid distracted by staring a hole through Bret Hart, Hall and Nash were able to sneak up behind the big man AND DRILLED HIM ACROSS THE HEAD WITH THEIR TAG TEAM TITLE BELTS!

The beatdown was on from there, and without a WCW President (more on that down below) The Founding Fathers put the boots to Sid until Nitro went off the air!

Following that beatdown, Sid enlisted in the help of his new friend, Goldberg. Goldberg, a man who believes he was screwed out of the WCW Championship at Starrcade, quickly joined arms with Sid Vicious in their war against The Founding Fathers. The team of Sid Vicious and Goldberg were able to keep The Founding Fathers at bay for the next few weeks, but a team as dangerous as The Founding Fathers is ready to strike at any given notice.

Souled Out will prove to be a tough task for Bret Hart, as Sid Vicious is as tough as they come. However, with the help of Hall, Nash and Luger, Bret Hart will have a nice safety blanket to fall back on if Souled Out begins to get hairy.

It’s the first main event of the new millennium! Bret Hart puts his WCW Championship on the line against a very motivated and pissed off Sid Vicious! Will Bret Hart survive “The Millennium Man” and walk out of Souled Out with the WCW Championship still intact? Or will Sid Vicious finally get his hands on Bret Hart 1-on-1 and show him why they call him “The Millennium Man”?

PaVMlUp.png
WHO’S RUNNING THIS COMPANY?
With election season a mere months away from heating up, it is only fitting that WCW is also looking for a new president. However, here in WCW we do things a bit differently, and at Souled Out, we will see a brawl to determine who the next WCW President will be.

On one side we have “The Nature Boy” Ric Flair. Flair, back after a brief hiatus at the end of 1999, made his intentions clear that he wanted nothing more than to be the WCW President once again. The power, glory and prestige that comes with running WCW is something that Flair covets, and at Souled Out he gets his chance to move back into becoming the most powerful man in WCW.

On the other side, we have Curt Hennig. Curt, more known for his in-ring perfection, is looking to climb the ladder of WCW into the most powerful role. Hennig spent much of 1999 in Tag action, but with the West Texas Rednecks disbanded, he is looking to take a step up in WCW.

On the January 3, 2000 edition of Nitro, Ric Flair entered the ring in style, with a woman on each arm, a rolex watch, and a very expensive suit. He came out simply to state that WCW needed a power structure and a new president to oversee everything inside WCW, and he was the perfect man for the job.

Flair didn’t get much out after that, as Curt Hennig interrupted “The Nature Boy” and let him know that he wasn’t just going to step right into the role, and that he had to earn it. Hennig stated that he was also throwing his name into the hat for WCW President. The two had a standoff, and soon, Hennig pushed Flair’s buttons a bit too far. The coat came off, the rolex went flying to the mat, the woman evacuated the premises of the ring.

Before things could come to blows, Eric Bischoff made an appearance and let both men know that he was in a temporary role of power until the WCW President would be decided. Bischoff then said that RIC FLAIR WOULD TAKE ON CURT HENNIG AT SOULED OUT, AND THE WINNER WOULD BECOME WCW PRESIDENT! Bischoff went on to say that the winner will become WCW President at Midnight, January 17, which means on the first Nitro after Souled Out, we will be treated to a Presidential Inauguration!

Over the next few episodes of Nitro, both Flair and Hennig set out on the campaign trail, attempted to sweeten their deals with the boys in the back. Ric Flair took a cowboy approach and promised everybody that the liquor would be running all night, the party would be nonstop, and Flair would listen and take everything into consideration as a fair and honest man. Curt Hennig campaigned on bringing the wrestling back to WCW, with more of a focus on mat-based wrestling and a ban on all high-flying moves. As you could have guessed, most in the back weren’t a big fan of Hennig’s proposed policies, while Flair won the boys over instantly.

To ramp up the stakes for this highly anticipated match at Souled Out, Flair and Hennig agreed that the loser of the match would automatically become the winner’s Chief of Staff and Personal Assistant. Many fans are already speculating what it may look like if Ric Flair would lose at Souled Out and have to answer to President Curt Hennig while being his errand boy. Others are salivating at the prospect of Curt Hennig doing Ric Flair’s dirty work.

Regardless of who you have in this presidential race, we can assure you that this match will be one of the history books! Ric Flair, who hasn’t wrestled much over the past few months, could potentially be rusty, which is something Curt Hennig will look to exploit. Will Ric Flair walk out of Souled Out, party into the wee-hours of the night, wake up hung over and realize he’s WCW President? Or will Curt Hennig get his wish and ban dangerous moves, keep things mat-based, and give us lip service while helping out himself and his friends? Souled Out holds all of these answers!

PaVMlUp.png
WARPATH
Goldberg has found himself on the wrong end of The Founding Fathers’ beatdowns over the past month. After getting screwed out of the WCW Championship at Starrcade, Goldberg has been less than happy since. With the announcement of the 20-Man Battle Royal on the New Year’s Evil edition of Nitro, Goldberg quickly became the overwhelming favorite to win the match and get another shot at Bret Hart at Souled Out.

Goldberg’s dreams came crashing down during the match, when after eliminating Lex Luger, Luger refused to leave the ringside area. Instead, Luger hopped back up onto the ring apron and pulled Goldberg out, eliminating him in the process! Bret Hart, on commentary, quickly took notice of this and immediately praised Luger, so much that on the following edition of Nitro he formally introduced “The Total Pacakage” as the fourth member of The Founding Fathers.

Luger’s happy introduction into The Founding Fathers was short-lived when the dynamic duo of Goldberg and Sid Vicious crashed the party, laying waste to the four men who believe they run WCW at the moment. Following the disruption of Luger’s introduction, Goldberg got on the mic and simply stated that at Souled Out, Lex Luger would be NEXT!

Lex Luger has his work cut out for him at Souled Out, as he draws a very angry Goldberg, still on a war path from the way things ended at Starrcade. Even though Luger may seem outmatched at Souled Out, he is a crafty veteran, and with Liz by his side, we can certainly expect some nefarious business to take place.

PaVMlUp.png

CAGED HEAT…SLAPNUTS!
After a whirlwind United States Championship situation dominated most of December, we find ourselves at Souled Out with a huge US title match, with an even bigger stipulation. After defeating Jeff Jarrett to win the US title at Starrcade, Chris Benoit enjoyed the title for less than 24 hours. On the following Nitro, Jeff Jarrett claimed the title in a hard-fought Ladder Match. Since then, Benoit has done everything in his power to get his hands back on the US title!

Jeff Jarrett has taken the WCW world by storm after his surprise return in October of 1999. Since then, fans have hated Jarrett more than ever, and now with the United States title around his waist, the country boy is as cocky as ever before. Jarrett, not known to keep himself quiet, has been running his mouth nonstop since becoming US Champion. While Jarrett has run his mouth, Chris Benoit is looking to shut it at Souled Out.

After weeks of back-and-forth banter between the two foes, Jarrett found himself getting a bit too cocky for his own good. He told Benoit on the January 10, 2000 edition of Nitro that if he could beat Lex Luger clean in the middle of the ring in less than 10 minutes, Benoit could pick the stipulation for their US Title match at Souled Out. Benoit won in less than five minutes, after Goldberg came down and destroyed Luger with a Spear! Benoit then got on the mic and laid out his wish list for Souled Out- to get Jeff Jarrett INSIDE A STEEL CAGE!

With the match set, Jarrett quickly doubled-down on his cockiness, telling the world that if Chris Benoit left Souled Out as the US Champion, Jarrett would give Benoit his salary for the entire year of 2000.
Jarrett, who constantly brags about how much WCW paid him to come back, said he had an “iron-clad plan” laid out for Souled Out, but didn’t tell us much more about it.

One thing is for certain, and that the United States Championship match inside a Steel Cage at Souled Out will certainly be entertaining. The cocky Jeff Jarrett will be trapped inside a steel cage with the man that wants to dismantle him, win back the US title, and gladly take his salary for the entire year in Chris Benoit. Will Jeff Jarrett and his “iron-clad plan” walk out of Souled Out still in possession of his United States title and his “mega star contract”? Or will Chris Benoit show the world why he could possibly be the superstar WCW builds upon in the 2000’s?

PaVMlUp.png

BROTHERLY LOVE
The Outsiders have dominated the Tag Team Division for much of the past four years. After a brief breakup in 1998, they now find themselves back on top of the mountain heading into 2000.
The infamous duo regained the Tag titles from Goldberg and Bret Hart on the December 13, 1999 edition of Nitro. Since then, Hall and Nash have joined the aforementioned Founding Fathers, and seemingly have a stranglehold once again on the Tag Team Championship.

Their opponents at Souled Out will be another team that is no stranger to Tag Team gold in Harlem Heat. Booker T and Stevie Ray joined forces once again over the summer of 1999, and have had success since their reincarnation.

This match came to be on the January 3, 2000 edition of Nitro where Harlem Heat won a Three-Way #1 Contender’s Match against The Outfit (Johnny the Bull and Big Vito) and the team of Fit Finlay and Brian Knobbs
. Harlem Heat is once again in the race, and are looking for their record ELEVENTH title reign. Although Harlem Heat are clicking inside the ring, the brothers are beginning to have problems outside the ring, and these problems have surfaced more and more over the past few weeks.

With both Booker T and Stevie Ray finding success as singles competitors, each man believes they call the shots when it comes to all things Harlem Heat. This has led to a bit of in-fighting, and arguing in the back. On the surface, it appears that Stevie Ray is a little jealous of Booker T and the reaction he gets from the crowd. There are always more layers to stories like these, and with a golden opportunity at Souled Out right in front of them, Harlem Heat needs to find a way to work out their differences as they look to once again capture the Tag Team titles. The Outsiders, being the veterans that they are, will certainly look to exploit these issues between Booker T and Stevie Ray at Souled Out, as they hope to keep the Tag titles around their waists for a little longer.

PaVMlUp.png

DISBAND
Over the past few months, two rival factions within WCW have been at each other’s throats. The Revolution, led by Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko, Perry Saturn and the very threatening Asya-have been at war with The Filthy Animals- Billy Kidman, Eddy Guerrero, Konnan, Torrie Wilson and the currently-injured Rey Mysterio.

After months of back-and-forth action, which has ramped up over the past few weeks, things will finally culminate at Souled Out- A SIX MAN WAR, with the stipulation that the LOSING TEAM MUST DISBAND! Following the January 3, 2000 edition of Nitro which saw Asya chokeslam Torrie Wilson through a table, Billy Kidman told Mean Gene in the back that WCW isn’t big enough for both teams, and the match was officially signed in the first-ever Virtual Contract Signing!

That’s right! It’s 2000 folks, the new technology era is here! On WCW.com, site host Jeremy Borash conducted the first ever Virtual Contract Signing. Filmed inside WCW Headquarters, all members of both The Revolution and Filthy Animals were present as they all signed on the dotted line, putting their faction’s future now in the hands of fate!
Although this was a virtual contract signing, things went the way we would expect them to, with a massive brawl breaking out. Luckily for Jeremy Borash, he got out of harms way just as Konnan tackled Shane Douglas to the ground. Soon, a host of WCW security was able to separate the two teams, but that won’t be the case at Souled Out!

Both teams want nothing more than for the bragging rights to say they disbanded their arch-nemesis, and at Souled Out, they will get to let out months of frustration and bad blood on each other. Will The Revolution be no more come Souled Out? Or will The Filthy Animals have to say their goodbyes? Either outcome, this will be one action-packed Six Man Tag Match that you won’t want to miss!

PaVMlUp.png

OVERCONFIDENCE
Chris “Champagne” Kanyon has run roughshod over the WCW over the past few months. A new persona, with ladies by his side, some would argue Kanyon is the hottest thing going in WCW today.
With all the cockiness and arrogance one can handle, some may also argue that Kanyon has gotten a bit too overconfident.

Kanyon barked up the wrong tree when he called out the super-hot Vampiro, telling him they are both two of the best up-and-comers in WCW, but Vampiro is just a few notches below Kanyon. Vampiro responded by telling Kanyon to put his money where his mouth is, and challenged Kanyon to a match at Souled Out! Kanyon first balked at the idea, but soon changed his mind after Vampiro helped cost Kanyon his match later on in the night against Terry Funk!

Both Vampiro and Kanyon are building blocks for WCW, and this showcase match at Souled Out will be a shining spot for the man that claims the victory! Will Kanyon continue his hot streak and rack up a very impressive victory over Vampiro? Or will Vampiro add another big win to his resume as he continues to climb the WCW ladder to success? This is another can’t-miss match scheduled for Souled Out!

PaVMlUp.png

THE BADDEST MAN IN WCW
Tank Abbott has made it abundantly clear that he is the self-proclaimed “Baddest Man in WCW”. He has knocked out opponent after opponent, and has even gone as far as the lay hands on the head of WCW security, Doug Dellinger. After knocking Jerry Flynn out cold on the January 10, 2000 edition of Nitro, Abbott once again took to the mic, but this time made a challenge for Souled Out- Abbott says he is challenging anybody brave enough to step inside the ring with him at Souled Out! Who will answer this Open Challenge? Better yet, who has the courage to answer this Open Challenge, and be able to not get knocked out by Tank Abbott? Tune in to Souled Out to find out who is brave enough to step into the ring with Tank Abbott!

PaVMlUp.png

FOUR THE HARD WAY
Norman Smiley defends his Hardcore title against Bam Bam Bigelow, Disco Inferno and Fit Finlay at Souled Out! The Hardcore division has been nothing short of entertaining recently, and this match will certainly fit that description. One story to look out for is Disco Inferno, and his quest to pay back the money he owes to The Outfit. The Outfit, consisting of Big Vito, Johnny the Bull and Tony Marinara, loaned Disco Inferno money to bet on an NFL game.

With Nitro culminating from Buffalo on January 10, 2000, Disco found himself in over his head. The prior weekend he put what he describes in his words “A couple boxes of ziti” on Buffalo to beat Tennessee. Disco found himself on the wrong end of one of the worst beats in NFL history, as the “Music City Miracle” took place on the last play of the game. Involving laterals and all sorts of shenanigans, the Tennessee Titans squeaked out a 22-16 victory over the Buffalo Bills. Disco let the Buffalo crowd know how he felt on that Nitro, blaming them for his money problems.

The Outfit made things quite clear to Disco- either he gets them the money, or he will be missing a few digits! Disco took it a step further and inserted himself into the Hardcore Championship at Souled Out, promising The Outfit he will deliver them the Hardcore title, which is more than enough collateral. Will Disco be sleeping with the fishes in Cincinnati at Souled Out? Or will he be able to reverse his luck for the better, and even up with The Outfit?

PaVMlUp.png

ORIGINS
The Cruiserweight Championship was officially vacated on January 3, 2000. It was then announced that a Six-Man Challenge would take place at Souled Out for the vacant title. 3 Count, consisting of Shane Helms, Shannon Moore and former Cruiserweight champion Evan Karagias, are putting their boy-band friendship aside for the night, as they make up half of the match. The other half of the match will feature Prince Iaukea, Chavo Guerrero and La Parka! Six of the best high-flyers in WCW today will put on the performance of a lifetime as one looks to lay claim to the Cruiserweight Championship!

PaVMlUp.png

giphy.gif

Souled Out Card:

WCW Championship

©Bret Hart vs. Sid Vicious

For the WCW Presidency
Ric Flair vs. Curt Hennig

United States Championship- Cage Match
©Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Benoit

Tag Team Championship
©The Outsiders vs. Harlem Heat

Open Challenge
Tank Abbott issues an open challenge to anybody brave enough to step inside the ring with him!

Grudge Match
Goldberg vs. Lex Luger

Six Man War- Losing Team Must Disband
Konnan, Billy Kidman & Eddy Guerrero vs. Saturn, Dean Malenko & Shane Douglas

Special Showcase Match
Vampiro vs. Kanyon

Cruiserweight Championship- 6 Man Scramble for Vacant Title
Evan Karagias vs. Shane Helms vs. Shannon Moore vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. La Parka vs. The Artist

Hardcore Championship- Four the Hard Way
©Norman Smiley vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Finlay vs. Disco Inferno​

Last edited:

Sky

TOTAL NONSTOP ACTION
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
velvetsky
I'm guessing in a world where they don't replace Russo with Kevin Sullivan, Benoit never quits, and that has HUGE ripple effects

BookerMan

Reaction score
Vampiro vs Kanyon is everything my 2000 WCW appreciator heart has ever wanted. Souled Out gif was a great production touch too. Geeked for the PPV!

Rasky

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
d6hYDrE
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk
Favorite Sports Team
RRzOmtg
Favorite Sports Team
2JJnnx8
Favorite Sports Team
grjovZi
I always love a BattleTank project. Your ability to hook me into wrestling eras I do not watch often is really one of a kind. I find a lot of these tidbits really interesting like the first virtual contract signing that really sets the time period well. A show where someone becomes a president or an assistant, and someone can lose their entire salary is definitely interesting. However - I'll be sinking my teeth into the issues with Harlem Heat. Excited for Souled Out!

BattleTank

What A Maneuver!
Reaction score
*The following show contains overbooked madness. After all, this is WCW 2000…You’ve been warned…*

HMOtzJ6.png

giphy.gif

A brief video package plays hyping up all TEN of our exciting matches for Souled Out!

Fireworks blast, the crowd roars in excitement- WE ARE LIVE from The Firstar Arena in Cincinnati, Ohio for WCW Souled Out! Greeted by Tony Schiavone, Bobby Heenan and Mike Tenay, the all-star announce crew welcomes us to the FIRST PAY-PER-VIEW of the NEW MILLENNIUM- SOULED OUT! They run down the card once more to really hammer home the point that we have 10 action-packed matches scheduled for tonight!

GSJbXxh.png

We are ready for our opening contest, and what a contest we have in store! The Filthy Animals- the team of Eddy Guerrero, Billy Kidman and Konnan look to take out months of frustration on The Revolution- led by Shane Douglas, Dean Malenko and Perry Saturn!

The Filthy Animals are out first, and they garner a big pop from the crowd. Torrie Wilson is sporting a neck brace after Asya chokeslammed her through a table on Nitro, which we see a clip of as they continue walking down the entrance ramp. Guerrero and Kidman pose on the top turnbuckles while Konnan poses on the ropes…

The Revolution is out next, and the crowd HATES them! They don’t care, as they have one thing in mind tonight, and that’s DISBANDING The Filthy Animals! They soak in the boos from the crowd as they walk down the entrance ramp…

WHEN ALL THREE FILTHY ANIMALS SKY THROUGH THE AIR, LANDING RIGHT ON TOP OF THE REVOLUTION AT RINGSIDE!!!

N67rqZS.png

Match 1- Losing Faction Must Disband
The Filthy Animals (Eddy Guerrero, Billy Kidman & Konnan) w/Torrie Wilson
Vs.
The Revolution (Shane Douglas, Perry Saturn & Dean Malenko) w/Asya

There is carnage at ringside to start us off as all six men brawl around the ring. Kidman and Douglas trade blows while Konnan tosses Malenko into the steel guard rail! Guerrero and Saturn are rolling around on the ground, pounding away at each other!

Douglas pulls out a table on one side while Saturn grabs a few chairs from underneath the ring. THESE TWO TEAMS MEAN BUSINESS!

Finally, Saturn and Guerrero make their way into the ring so the referee can officially call for the opening bell. They don’t last long in the ring when Saturn clotheslines Guerrero over the ropes and to the floor! Saturn clutches his hands for his signature pose before bouncing off the ropes. Saturn flies over the top rope…

AND IS MET WITH A CHAIRSHOT TO THE FACE BY EDDY GUERRERO!!

Konnan and Douglas make it to the ring apron, where they trade blows. Malenko has Kidman sprawled out on the steel guard rail, and delivers a vicious knife-edge chop! Douglas delivers a blatant low blow on Konnan (This is a war, there are no rules…) before placing him in between his legs. Douglas then lifts Konnan up…

DOUGLAS WITH A LEAPING PILEDRIVER OFF THE APRON ON KONNAN THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

Eddy and Saturn are continuing their brawl, and Saturn gains the upper hand. He scoops Eddy up and slams him on top of the fallen Konnan through the pile of rubble caused from Shane Douglas’ piledriver spot. Malenko and Kidman make it inside the ring. Dean goes for a dropkick but Kidman blocks it, bounces off the ropes and connects with a HEADSCISSORS TAKEDOWN!!

Kidman then quickly hops to the top turnbuckle, looking down at Saturn and Douglas…

KIDMAN WITH A SHOOTING STAR PRESS ONTO BOTH MEN AT RINGSIDE!!!

Kidman hops back inside the ring where Malenko is waiting with a HUGE CHAIR SHOT!! Torrie enters the ring to check on her boyfriend, and this is all Asya needs to insert herself into the ring! Asya picks up the chair and begins to taunt Torrie. Torrie pleads with Asya but Asya doesn’t care! Asya winds back and goes to hit Torrie…

BUT KIDMAN TACKLES HER OUT OF THE WAY…

AND ASYA DRILLS DEAN MALENKO ACROSS THE HEAD WITH THE CHAIR!!

Asya drops the chair and checks on Malenko. Torrie is back on her feet, and picks up the dropped chair. She turns Asya around…

VICIOUS CHAIR SHOT FROM TORRIE WILSON TO ASYA!!!

Asya is BUSTED WIDE OPEN from the chair shot as Torrie rolls out of the ring, out of harm’s way.

Back on the outside, Guerrero has set up ANOTHER table, lodging it between the ring apron and the guard rail. On the other side, Douglas and Saturn double-team on Konnan, with Douglas holding Konnan’s arms back while Saturn delivers gut punches.

Kidman rolls the still woozy Malenko out of the ring and places him on top of the table. Eddy begins his climb to the top turnbuckle…

FROG SPLASH FROM EDDY ON MALENKO THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

Kidman then quickly rolls the now completely woozy Malenko back inside the ring. He sets him up in the corner before climbing once more to the top. Kidman leaps off…

SHOOTING STAR PR-NOO!

SATURN DROPKICKS KIDMAN IN MID-AIR!!!

The crowd loves the spot! Saturn is back up on his feet…

Somersault clothesline from Konnan to Saturn!!

Saturn is down for not more than a second when…

GUERRERO FLIES INTO OUR PICTURE WITH A FROG SPLASH ON SATURN!!

Guerrero gets back up to his feet…

WICKED CHAIRSHOT FROM SHANE DOUGLAS!!!

The chair shot echoes throughout the arena! Eddy is down and out! Douglas turns around…

Somersault clothesline from Konnan to Douglas!!!

Konnan is back up to his feet where Malenko is finally back up…

BRAINBUSTER TO KONNAN!!!

Malenko gets to his feet…

REY MYSTERIO HAS JOINED THE PARTY! BAD LEG AND ALL!!!

During this chaos, Mysterio hobbles out and climbs to the top turnbuckle…

FLYING CROSS BODY TO MALENKO!!!

Rey rolls out of the way and out of our picture, which clears room for Billy Kidman to fly into our picture…

SHOOTING STAR PRESS ON MALENKO!!!

Holy shit!!! Chaos everywhere!!!

Kidman hooks Malenko’s leg, and with everybody else down, there is nobody to break up the attempt…

1…2…3!!!

Winners- The Filthy Animals

THE REVOLUTION MUST NOW DISBAND!!!

While The Filthy Animals all celebrate inside the ring, an irate Shane Douglas slides out of the ring. He slams his hands down on the mat in disgust. He looks over at both Saturn and Malenko before he flips them off!!!

This draws a slight cheer from the crowd, but Douglas doesn’t want cheers- HE THEN LOOKS OUT AT THE CAPACITY CROWD AND FLIPS THEM OFF TOO!!!

Douglas begins to walk back up the entrance ramp as he looks into the camera…

“Don’t worry. I have better people to surround myself with. Just wait and see!”

Back inside the ring, it’s all smiles for The Filthy Animals, who do not have to disband! The group hugs it out as they soak in the cheers from the crowd…

GSJbXxh.png

Our announcers try their best to bring us all back down to earth following that chaotic opening bout. They shift focus and begin talking about our next match- which will feature two of the brightest stars in WCW today- Vampiro and Chris “Champagne” Kanyon!

C5rCN29.png

We cut to what appears to be the basement of our venue where Vampiro has green smoke around him. He sits atop of a stack of wooden pallets. *Why is Vampiro in the basement? Because he’s a spooky character and that’s what they fucking do!*

“Kanyon, you should have kept your mouth shut while you had the chance. You’re too cocky for your own good, and tonight, it’s my opportunity to humble you. See, what you should know by now is when you pick a fight with me, you won’t win. I have a tendency of turning everyone around me to the dark side. They look in the mirror at what they have become and they embrace it. Kanyon, tonight you will embrace your dark side!”

C5rCN29.png

We cut to Mene Gene, who is standing by with Kanyon and his host of ladies. Kanyon stands with confidence as Mene Gene asks him his thoughts on his match against Vampiro, which is just moments away.

“Gene, I’ll tell you like it is. I haven’t thought much about Vampiro. You wanna know why? Because he is chump change. He isn’t anything more than another small stone I need to step over to get to the top of WCW, which is where I am headed. Take it to the bank! Tonight, Vampiro, I back up my smack talk and show you why Chris ‘Champagne’ Kanyon is the hottest ticket in town!”

GSJbXxh.png

Vampiro is out first to a very loud reaction. The quirky Vampiro slowly walks down the entrance ramp, slapping a few fans’ hands in the process.

Kanyon is out next to a loud host of boos. Kanyon is flanked by a gorgeous woman at each arm, while he smokes a cigar. He struts down the ramp as he takes in the crowd’s hate.

Our announcers say that if anybody can humble Kanyon, it’s Vampiro…We shall see…

c4tQB71.png

Match 2- Grudge Match
Vampiro vs. Chris “Champagne” Kanyon

The two men start by testing each other out. Kanyon tries to keep Vampiro grounded, while Vampiro does whatever he can to speed the match up. Kanyon sinches in a headlock and refuses to let it go. Vampiro tries to bounce him off the ropes but instead, Kanyon slides down, taking Vampiro with him. While Kanyon has the headlock sinched in, he looks over at one of our WCW camera, and tells us all watching at home…

“I can do whatever I want, I’m the hottest thing going in WCW!”

Just as Kanyon talks smack into the camera, Vampiro quickly reverses out of the headlock and PUTS KANYON IN A STF!!

Kanyon crawls towards the ropes to break the hold. He then slides out of the ring, looking to take a breather on the outside. His breather is short-lived, as Vampiro flies over the ropes…

SLINGSHOT PLANCHA ONTO KANYON!!

Vampiro is up on his feet, soaking in the cheers from the crowd. He hammers away at Kanyon before smashing his head of the ring apron. Kanyon responds with an elbow to Vampiro’s mid-section, pushing Vampiro off of Kanyon. Kanyon follows up with a big boot, knocking Vampiro to the ground! Kanyon then slides Vampiro back inside the ring.

Kanyon once again shows his offensive innovation as he slingshots back over the ropes, connecting with a slingshot elbow drop! Kanyon covers Vampiro, but before the referee can get past a 1 count, Kanyon lifts Vampiro up.

Our announcers talk about how Kanyon shouldn’t be toying with a man like Vampiro right now, and that this cockiness can come back to bite him! Kanyon, however, doesn’t care, as he gloats while applying another headlock to Vampiro.

This time, Vampiro elbows his way out of it. Vamps then sends Kanyon off the ropes and connects with a HUGE CLOTHESLINE!! Both men are down, Vampiro is up first. Vampiro climbs to the top rope, stalking his prey in Kanyon. Kanyon slowly gets to his feet…

TOP ROPE SPINNING HEEL KICK FROM VAMPIRO!!!

After a near fall, Vampiro stays on the offensive. Vampiro begins to take control before sending Kanyon into the corner. Vampiro follows up with a vicious knife-edge chop that echoes throughout the arena! Vampiro then lifts Kanyon to the top turnbuckle, and follows behind him…

Vampiro punches away at Kanyon as he begins to stand on the top. Vampiro hooks Kanyon’s arm for a SUPERPLEX attempt, but Kanyon blocks it. Both men are now standing at the very top of the turnbuckles, legs both wobbling. Kanyon cocks back…

KANYON GOES FOR A TOP-ROPE FLATLINER…

BUT VAMPIRO REVERSES IT JUST BEFORE THEY BOTH JUMP OFF…

AND HITS A TOP-ROPE NAIL IN THE COFFIN!!!!

Vampiro hooks the leg!!

1…2…3!!

Winner- Vampiro

The crowd is still in awe of the mid-air reversal, as Vampiro gets his hand raised. He soaks in the applause from the crowd before looking down at Kanyon. Vampiro tells Kanyon “Humble yourself….” before he heads for the back.

Back inside the ring, Kanyon gets to his feet and is visibly frustrated. The women he came with try to console him, but he pushes them away. The distraught Kanyon walks up the entrance ramp alone, hands on his hips, head down in shame as our announcers say maybe this was a wake-up call for Kanyon to quit being so cocky all of the time…

GSJbXxh.png

1KSFX4z.png

We get a surprise vignette!

An Insane Asylum is shown. We can hear screams and shouts. We then begin to hear a voice…

“WCW is in a state of turmoil…”

The screams and shouts intensify…

“One could say, WCW is on the brink of collapse. Grasping for air, scratching and clawing for life…”

The camera pans into a man dressed in an all red suit. He sits down in front of one of the inmate’s doors on an old, beat up steel chair.

“I call it the APOCALYPSE! The RAPTURE!”

The man lets out a sadistic laugh…

“Don’t fret, WCW. I am back. And I have a plan. A plan so SINISTER that it will make the hairs on your neck stand tall. A plan so SINISTER that it will rock WCW to its core…”

The man in his all red suit re-positions himself on the chair. He places his hands on a red walking cane that has a golden snake head welded onto the top of it…

“WCW, the wheels are already in motion. The plan is nearly complete. You won’t know about this plan until IT HITS YOU RIGHT IN BETWEEN YOUR EYES!”

The man crosses his hands on his snake-head walking cane and stares a hole through your television set…

“The SINISTER plan!”

Another round of screams and shouts from the insane asylum are heard before we quickly cut to static…

C5rCN29.png

Back down at the commentary desk the trio talk about how we all just saw FATHER JAMES give us a chilling warning. They then shift focus as they hype up WCW MAYHEM THE VIDEO GAME!!

CLICK THIS LINK FOR THE BEST 30 SECONDS OF YOUR WEEK!

We head to the parking lot where we see a Luxury Bus parked in the back. We get closer until we can see a big sign that reads: “The Founding Fathers”. Inside the bus WCW Champion Bret Hart, WCW Tag Team Champions The Outsiders, Lex Luger and Liz are all hanging out, getting ready for their matches tonight here at Souled Out. The group is talking strategy, and when they notice the camera man creeping up, Kevin Nash quickly tells him to “GET THE HELL OUTTA HERE! WE’RE DISCUSSING IMPORTANT BUSINESS!”

GSJbXxh.png

Back down at ringside we get hyped up for our first Title match of the night, THE HARDCORE CHAMPIONSHIP!! Our announcers run down the participants, and bring up how Disco Inferno needs to win this match more than anybody so that he can pawn the Hardcore title off to The Outfit to get out of debt. Bobby Heenan cracks a Pete Rose joke, saying we are in Cincinnati, maybe Disco can ask Pete Rose how to get out of this situation…

Disco is out first, with a concerned look on his face. He is completely paranoid as he continuously looks over his shoulder on the way down to the ring.

Bigelow is out next, Finlay follows him, then Norman Smiley who is rocking a Boomer Esiasion jersey, comes out pushing a shopping cart full of weapons!

zu3tprE.png

Match 3- Hardcore Championship- Four The Hard Way
©
Norman Smiley vs. Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Fit Finlay vs. Disco Inferno

The referee calls for the bell and then gets the hell out of the way! Bigelow clotheslines Finlay over the top and to the floor, while Disco and Norman stand off in the ring. Both men go to hit the ropes, and both men decide to hit the deck. Neither of them wants to fight!

Their peaceful approach is short-lived when BIGELOW DRILLS SMILEY OVER THE HEAD WITH A TRASH CAN…

WHILE FINLAY DRILLS DISCO OVER THE HEAD WITH A STOP SIGN!!

All four men are at the ringside area, as Bigelow tackles Finlay into the steel steps! Norman Smiley begins to scream as he runs full speed ahead with a trash can and decks Bigelow over his back, but Bigelow doesn’t budge! The three men are all within distance of each other…

WHEN DISCO COMES FLYING OFF THE TOP ROPE…HITTING ALL THREE MEN WITH THE STOP SIGN!!!

Disco goes for a quick cover on Finlay but he kicks out!

Bigelow gets up and grabs a hold of Smiley, and tosses him hard into the guard rail. Bigelow turns around and gets drilled in the face with a trash can lid from Finlay!

All four men begin to brawl up the entrance ramp, and eventually through the curtain to the backstage area…

WHERE BRIAN KNOBBS IS WAITING WITH A FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!

Knobbs, a friend of Finlay, gets Bigelow right in the face with the extinguisher, while also getting Disco’s perfectly quaffed hair in the process! Norman Smiley lives up to his name and begins to run away, screaming the whole way! Eventually, Finlay and Knobbs catch up to him and toss him into a bunch of staging boxes. They then turn around and Bigelow is waiting, and he HITS KNOBBS OVER THE HEAD WITH THE FIRE EXTINGUISHER!!

Finlay charges at Bigelow but Bigelow ducks and SPRAYS THE EXTINGUISHER INTO FINLAY’S FACE!!

The four Hardcore men just so happen to be standing right next to an elevator, which Bigelow presses to open. He drags the unconscious Knobbs into the elevator and presses up, getting rid of Knobbs from the match!

Bigelow turns around and Finlay is waiting, and tackles Bigelow through a set of doors that lead to the catering area! Disco charges at Bigelow who is waiting…

BIGELOW WITH A CHOKESLAM TO DISCO THROUGH A TABLE!!

Bigelow then grabs a hold of Smiley AND CHOKESLAMS HIM ON TOP OF DISCO!!

Bigelow then sets up another table, picks up a trash can and hits Smiley over the head with it. He places Smiley and Finlay on top of the table and begins to scale a stack of wooden crates. Bigelow gets to the top of the wooden crates, looks back down at the table…

AND HITS A MOONSAULT THROUGH THE TABLE!!!

At the last second, Norman Smiley moves, so Bigelow just gets Finlay through the table with the impressive move! Smiley looks to capitalize and pins Bigelow, but before he can even hook the leg…

DISCO DRILLS SMILEY IN THE BACK OF THE HEAD…

WITH A FROZEN FISH!?!?!?!

Smiley lets out one last scream for tonight as Disco covers him…

1…2…3!!!

Winner AND NEW HARDCORE CHAMPION- Disco Inferno

Disco gets up and looks all around for the title, asking the referee where it is. The referee points down to Norman Smiley, who has been wearing the Hardcore title THIS ENTIRE TIME underneath his helmet and shoulder pads! Disco rips the belt off of Smiley and runs through the back, knowing he doesn’t have much time to pay off his debts!

For now, Disco Inferno is YOUR NEW Hardcore Champion!!

GSJbXxh.png

Our announcer team recaps everything we’ve just witnessed, which is a lot. They wonder if Disco will be able to pawn the Hardcore title off!

giphy.gif

(Real Sid sold separatley)

After the awesome Action Figure ad, we cut to the back where Goldberg and Sid are getting ready for their respective matches inside the locker room. Goldberg is lacing up his boots while Sid places tape on his wrist.

“Sid, remember. Just because we have an alliance now doesn’t mean I won’t take your head off after you win the World title tonight. But that doesn't mean I won't help you tonight. You have my word that The Founding Fathers won't come anywhere near the ring during your match. All you have to do is take care of business…”

Goldberg says to Sid, and this definitely gets THE MILLENNIUM MAN’S attention as he looks over at Goldberg. The two then stand inches a part from each other. Sid looks at Goldberg and nods. A tense situation between WCW’s two top men!!

C5rCN29.png

Back in the parking lot, a limousine pulls up. RIC FLAIR and his long-time pal, ARN ANDERSON hop out of it. No women, no liquor, these two men mean business tonight. Flair lets out a “WOO!” for fun, while Arn is here to help his friend win back the WCW Presidency!

Mene Gene is standing by with all three members of 3 Count. Helms, Moore and Karagias are locked in tonight, and all three say that they guarantee one of them will win the Cruiserweight title, and when one of them wins, they all win!

GSJbXxh.png

Our announcers hype up the big Cruiserweight Championship match, and talk about how Madusa relinquished the title after her contract expired on January 1, 2000. From there, a Six Man Challenge was made for the vacant title!

Prince Iaukea is out first as the fans boo. Iaukea is flanked with the lovely Paisley, as the duo has come to be over the past few weeks. Iaukea is dressed in all purple, paying homage to the singer Prince.

Chavo Guerrero is out next, and he garners a mixed reaction. We haven’t seen much of Chavo lately, but throughout 1999 he was embroiled in a feud with his uncle Eddy, while he mourned the loss of his toy horse, Pepe. Chavo looks more serious tonight, and it could be an instance of Chavo turning over a new leaf to start the new millennium.

La Parka is out next, to a huge reaction from the crowd. La Parka has his trusted chair in hand as he dances down to the ring.

There is a dramatic pause before the lights dim. Three spotlights form as we see Helms, Moore and Karagias standing on big green circles at the top of the entrance ramp. They go through their boy band routine as the crowd ABSOLUTLEY HATES THESE THREE!

After the performance, they head down to the ring as we get set for some Cruiserweight action!

reJXj73.png

Match 5- Cruiserweight Championship- Six Man Challenge for the Vacant Title
Evan Karagias vs. Shannon Moore vs. Shane Helms vs. La Parka vs. Chavo Guerrero vs. Prince Iaukea

The bell rings as 3 Count surveys the scene. The other three men size them up, and before any contact can be made, 3 Count all roll out of the ring and to the floor. While on the floor, the trio huddles up, and then break the huddle…

WHEN LA PARKA, CHAVO AND IAUKEA ALL DIVE THROUGH THE MIDDLE ROPE IN UNISON, ALL LANDING ON THREE COUNT!!!

The crowd loves the move as the other three men are back on their feet, AND THEY BEGIN TO BRAWL!

Chavo and La Parka trade blows before Iaukea jumps in on it. They end up back in the ring, where La Parka begins to gain control over both men. La Parka tosses Iaukea off the ropes…

TILT-A-WHIRL BACKBREAKER!!

La Parka has no time to enjoy the move…

CHAVO OFF THE TOP ROPE WITH A MISSILE DROPKICK TO LA PARKA!!

All three men are down in the middle of the ring. The crowd is on their feet as we get some action flying into our screen…

KARAGIAS, HELMS AND MOORE ALL FROM DIFFERENT TURNBUCKLES WITH SYNCHRONIZED TOP ROPE LEG DROPS!!!

All members of 3 Count pin their respective foe, and La Parka, Chavo and Iaukea all kick out at 2!

3 Count begins to argue with each other, which is something that our announcers, Heenan in particular, have been waiting for. Karagias, with his back turned to the ring, gets drilled with a Dropkick by Chavo Guerrero, which forces Karagias to knock Shannon Moore out of the ring!!

Karagias turns back around, and La Parka is waiting with a Spinning Heel Kick, and this time, Karagias gets bounced into Shane Helms, knocking Helms onto the outside floor, and he lands on top of Shannon Moore in the process!

Karagias hugs the middle rope as he looks out at his fallen friends. He gets to his feet, turns around, AND ALL THREE MEN DROPKICK KARAGIAS OUT OF THE RING, LANDING RIGHT ON TOP OF HELMS AND MOORE!!

3 Count is now neutralized, which gives the other three an opportunity to win the Cruiserweight gold! Chavo tosses La Parka hard, shoulder first, into the ring post. He then ducks a clothesline attempt from Iaukea, catches the purple Prince right where he wants him….

GORY BOMB!!!

Chavo goes for the cover!!

1…2….

WAIT!

La Parka flies through the air, timing the pinfall up perfectly…

LA PARKANATOR ON CHAVO GUERRERO!!!

La Parka got some of Iaukea, too, who is still down from the Gory Bomb. The crowd is behind La Parka who crawls to cover Iaukea…

1…2….3!!!

3 Count attempt to break up the pinfall attempt, BUT THEY ARE TOO LATE!!! LA PARKA WINS!!!

Winner AND NEW CRUISERWEIGHT CHAMPION- La Parka

La Parka is handed his newly won Cruiserweight Championship and holds it high in the air as the crowd goes crazy! La Parka hops over the guard rail and holds his title high in the air, celebrating with the fans in the first few rows!

3 Count continue to argue inside the ring, until they decide to make up and hug it out. Back up on the entrance ramp, La Parka has ditched his chair for the CW title, which he plays air guitar on all the way up the ramp and through the curtain!

GSJbXxh.png

G5dEMco.png
bOBfB1t.png
XcJHT97.png

We head to the back where the newly crowned Hardcore Champion Disco Inferno is walking down the hallway. He knocks on a door that has a big sign on it titled “EXECUTIVE GAME: DO NOT DISTURB!” Disco knocks on the door, and Tony Marinara opens it.

“AOOO what have we here? Disco, coming in clutch! Ay, Vito. Look what the cat dragged in…”

Disco quietly enters the room where a big game of poker is in progress. Around the table sits Big Vito, Johnny the Bull, Barry Darsow and both Villanos. All men are smoking cigars, as the smoke is like a dense fog around the table. Disco, a degenerate gambler, becomes more interested in the card game than his Hardcore title.

“If it isn't the dancing king himself... Here, let me take a look…”

Big Vito says as Disco tosses it to him.

“Vito, since we’re even now. You mind spotting me? What are you guys playing? Stud? Follow the Queen?”

Disco asks as Vito looks over at Johnny, who takes a big puff of his cigar before smiling.

“Sure, sit right now. We’ll buy you in.”

Johnny says as Disco gladly sits down.

“Wait, Disco. Don’t sit yet. Lookin’ at dis ting, I like what I see. Let me pin you for it.”

Disco happily obliges as he lies down on the floor. Big Vito pins Disco as Tony Marinara makes the count.

NEW HARDCORE CHAMPION- BIG VITO!

Disco gets up and sits down, gathering his chips. Vito and Johnny make eye contact again and smirk at each other, knowing full well that Disco is about to once again be in over his head!

GSJbXxh.png

We see a brief promo for SuperBrawl 2000! The next installment in our PPV series, which takes place in February!

Heading back down to the commentary table, the trio talks about Disco’s gambling woes, while hyping up Big Vito as the NEW Hardcore Champion! They then shift focus and begin talking about Goldberg, and how in a few short minutes he will get his hands on the man that eliminated him from the New Year’s Evil Battle Royal- Lex Luger!

Lex Luger is out first, with Liz by his side. “The Total Package” poses while flexing for the world to see, but the crowd boos him heavily. Luger has his work cut out for him right now!

Goldberg is out next to a MASSIVE reaction from the crowd! Goldberg is loved by the fans, and they are loving him even more tonight knowing the wreckage he is about to cause inside the ring on Lex Luger!

aWeZjMD.png

Match 5- Grudge Match
Goldberg vs. Lex Luger

The bell rings as Goldberg immediately charges at Luger. Luger smartly hits the deck and heads to the outside, where Liz is waiting for him. Luger uses Liz as a human shield, preventing Goldberg from attacking. Goldberg is out for blood tonight and slides out of the ring, beginning to chase Luger around the ringside area!

Luger rolls back inside the ring and Goldberg follows suit. Luger goes for a right hand but Goldberg eats it! Luger with another right hand, this time adding in his steel-plated forearm, but once again, GOLDBERG DOESN’T BUDGE! Instead, he lets out an animalistic roar and pummels Luger with a clothesline!

Goldberg waits for Luger to get back up and slams him back down to the mat. Goldberg isn’t finished with Luger, the man that cost him his World Championship opportunity tonight, and lifts him back up…

GORILLA PRESS SLAM!!!

Goldberg explodes up, signaling for the end! Goldberg stalks Luger like a lion stalks its dinner….

LIZ HOPS UP ON THE APRON!

Liz, who knows how to manage, gets the referee’s attention, all while slipping Luger A PAIR OF BRASS KNUCKLES!!

The referee has his attention on Liz, who holds onto the referee’s shirt, not letting him budge…

Luger places the brass knucks on his hands and slowly gets to his feet…

BUT NOT BEFORE HE RUNS STRAIGHT INTO A SPEAR BY GOLDBERG!!!

The brass knucks go flying in the air, as Luger didn’t even have time to use them! Goldberg looks down at the brass knuckles that have landed right at his feet. He picks them up and looks down at Luger…

RIGHT WHEN THE REFEREE FINALLY TURNS AROUND!!!

The referee sees Goldberg holding the brass knuckles, and Luger completely knocked out cold on the mat…

AND CALLS FOR THE BELL!!!

Winner VIA DQ- Lex Luger

Goldberg is HOT as he tries to plead his case to referee Charles Robinson, but to no avail. Goldberg places his hands on his hips, looking out to the crowd who continues to cheer him on. Goldberg turns back around…

AND SPEARS REFEREE CHARLES ROBINSON RIGHT OUT OF HIS SHOES!!!

Goldberg shifts his attention to Luger, who is still out cold. He grabs Luger by the hair, brings him up to his feet…

JACKHAMMER TO LEX LUGER!!!

Goldberg may have just lost on a technicality, but he has exacted revenge on Lex Luger! He grabs a hold of the mic following this onslaught…

FOUNDING FATHERS! More specifically, BRET HART…YOU’RE NEXT!!!”

Goldberg drops the mic and heads to the back as Liz rushes into the ring to check on Luger. Goldberg could have cared less how the match ended, he showed up and put The Founding Fathers on notice by taking out one of their own!

GSJbXxh.png

The announcers begin to hype up tomorrow night’s Monday Nitro by saying that STING WILL BE THERE….AND HE HAS A HUGE ANNOUNCEMENT! They then begin to speculate just what Sting’s announcement could be, as he hasn’t been seen in weeks inside WCW!

In the back, we see Chris Benoit doing push-ups, getting ready for his big United States Championship match later on tonight!

We head back to The Founding Fathers’ RV, where Hall and Nash have emerged. They look into the camera, who is stationed in the parking lot and NOT near their RV…

“Founding Fathers about to go 2-0 right now. You can take that to the BANK!”

Nash shouts as the duo head on in for our next contest, The WCW Tag Team Championship match!

GSJbXxh.png

Mene Gene is standing by with Booker T and Stevie Ray, Harlem Heat as you know them, moments before their big matchup. Both men say they have buried the hatchet and have turned over a new leaf, because winning the tag titles for an ELEVENTH time is more important than any beef they got right now, sucka!

Harlem Heat heads down to the ring as they get a big reaction from the crowd, especially after Booker T jumps up and fire shoots out of the entrance ramp! They slap the fans hands as they head into the ring, before giving each other a hug and a high five…

The Outsiders- Scott Hall and Kevin Nash- are out next to a loud chorus of boos! The cool kids strut down to the ring, showing off their Tag Team titles for the world to see. They slowly make their way into the ring for the big match!!

msnEL7T.png

Match 6- WCW Tag Team Championship
©The Outsiders vs. Harlem Heat

Right off the bat, The Outsiders show why they are the champs by cutting the ring in half of Stevie Ray. Power moves from Nash keep Stevie grounded, and then a tag to Hall who continues the assault. Booker T pounds the turnbuckle and stomps his feet to keep the crowd hot, while Hall taunts Booker T by stomping his feet before giving him the shaking hands taunt!

The taunt is enough distraction for Stevie Ray to make a comeback! Stevie with rights and lefts to Hall, and then a back elbow to Nash which knocks him off the apron and to the floor…

HOT TAG TO BOOKER T!!!

Booker T is on fire as he drills Hall with a clothesline, and then The Harlem Sidekick, followed by the spinaroonie!!!

Booker T and Steive Ray show why they also are championship material as they begin to cut the ring in half on Scott Hall. Booker tags Stevie back in as Stevie hits a delayed suplex on Hall! Stevie goes for the cover but Nash rushes in to break up the attempt…

Which brings in Booker T to even up the odds! Booker takes control of Nash as he tosses him into the corner. Stevie Ray tosses Hall into the corner, and the brothers whip The Outsiders from opposite corners…

AND THEY COLLIDE IN THE CENTER OF THE RING!!

Stevie with the cover on Hall…

1…2…NOOO!!

Hall kicks out. Stevie slams the mat in frustration. Nash gets up and grabs Stevie Ray by the head. Booker T sees this and goes for the Harlem Sidekick on Nash…

KEVIN NASH DUCKS OUT OF THE WAY…

AND BOOKER T DRILLS HIS OWN BROTHER, STEVIE RAY, IN THE FACE WITH A HARLEM SIDEKICK!!!

Booker T looks down at his fallen brethren for a split second before…

HE IS CAUGHT WITH A BIG BOOT FROM KEVIN NASH!!!

Scott Hall then lifts Stevie Ray up…

OUTSIDERS EDGE!!!

Hall with the cover while Nash patrols for Booker T…

1…2…3!!!

Winners AND STILL WCW TAG TEAM CHAMPIONS- The Outsiders

The Outsiders grab their titles and head up the ramp, and our announcers are impressed that they actually picked up A CLEAN WIN for once!

Back inside the ring, Booker T tries to help Stevie Ray back to his feet, but Stevie tosses Booker aside. Stevie knows it was an accident, but is still pissed off at his brother, to the point where HE STORMS OFF without Booker T!

Booker tries to catch up to his brother but to no avail, Stevie doesn’t want to hear anything right now! Harlem Heat is right back where they were a week ago- with a giant wedge between the two brothers!!

GSJbXxh.png

76K2nD2.png
G1PaYl6.png
flq7eqj.png

Back at the EXECUTIVE CARD GAME, Disco is losing big. We can tell just by the look on his face and by the fact that he keeps holding his head and wincing with each card he draws.

“Disco, I think it’s time you bow out. You’re into us for THREE boxes of ziti!”

Disco shakes his head as he plays his hand. He pushes the remaining poker chips he has to the center of the table…

“I’m all in…”

Barry Darsow and Villano V show their cards, and Villano V has won the hand with a FULL HOUSE!!

“Disco, you had a 2-9 offsuit, what the hell were you thinking?”

Tony Marinara says as he smacks the back of Disco’s head.

“Just one more box of ziti, I can feel the full tilt to my side. I’m right there…”

SUDDENLY…

Just as Disco gets another round of chips, the door is kicked in.

INTERNAL SERVICES- VK Stock, The Wall and Miss Hancock emerge into the room.

“Fellas, I am officially canceling this card game. It is NOT sanctioned by the Ohio Gaming Commission. Consider everything in his room seized and now property of the United States.”

VK Stock says as Miss Hancock begins to jot something down on her clipboard.

“OOOO the feds! What a surprise! C’mon, come sit down and get in on this game. We know you’re just as crooked as us!”

Big Vito shouts, but before he can get another word out…

THE WALL FLIPS THE POKER TABLE OVER!!!

Both Villanos go flying to the ground, as Barry Darsow just escapes harm and hits the deck. Disco sits there in his chair, observing everything…

Tony Marinara makes a run at The Wall…

BUT THE WALL PICKS MARINARA UP AND TOSSES HIM…THROUGH THE WALL!!!!

The Wall then grabs Vito around his throat, lifts him up…

AND CHOKESLAMS HIM ON TOP OF THE FALLEN POKER TABLE!!!

Barry Darsow just so happens to be wearing a referee’s shirt, and makes the count as The Wall places his foot on top of Big Vito!

NEW HARDCORE CHAMPION- THE WALL!!

Internal Services seizes all of the money and now the Hardcore title, while Disco continues to sit in his chair, gleefully looking over at VK Stock.

“So, does this mean I owe anything?”

VK Stock looks back at Disco and points his finger at him…

“We’re onto you, Mr. Inferno. Tread lightly. We have The Outfit in the crosshairs of a much bigger case. Racketeering, blackmail, extortion. I’d advise you to choose your friends wisely.”

Disco makes the sign of the cross, knowing he just got out of a big debt owed to The Outfit. For now, The Wall is the NEW Hardcore Champion, and Internal Services are hot on the trail in WCW to make sure everyone runs a tight ship!!

C5rCN29.png

We head to the locker room where Curt Hennig is holding court with David Flair, Crowbar and Daffney. He is politicking his way through Ric Flair’s unhinged son, plus his two unhinged friends. Hennig promises them all a big spot in his cabinet, and even possibly a shot at some gold. Flair, Crowbar and Daffney all smile at the empty words Curt Hennig spills out of his mouth- he is a classic politician- promise everything and deliver nothing!!

GSJbXxh.png

Mene Gene is standing by with United States Champion Jeff Jarrett! Jarrett, as cocky as ever, promises a BIG WIN tonight over Chris Benoit, reassuring the world that his “iron-clad” plan is ready and in place. He then begins to gloat about his big salary, talking about the state-of-the-art in-ground pool he is currently putting in at his beach house in Boca Raton. And that pool money is just what he made for entering the arena on last week’s Thunder taping- SLAP NUTS!

The cage is lowered as the fans are on the edge of their set- IT’S CAGE MATCH TIME!!

Chris Benoit is out first to a big pop from the crowd. Benoit looks as intent as ever as he heads into the cage. Our announcers talk about how Benoit can easily dispatch Jarrett, but Jarrett always finds a way to squeak out victories.

Jeff Jarrett is out next, wielding his guitar through the air. He hops into the cage and climbs to the top of it, posing with his guitar while sparklers shoot out of the four corners of the cage!

9ZQXBwA.png

Match 7-United States Championship- Cage Match
©Jeff Jarrett vs. Chris Benoit

Both men test each other out early, as they try to find their way around the cage. It isn’t long before Benoit is done testing out his dimensions, and begins a flurry of offense on Jarrett! Benoit with suplexes, clotheslines, body drops, and everything else in between!

Benoit picks up Jarrett…

AND TOSSES HIM FACE FIRST INTO THE CAGE!!

Benoit holds Jarrett in between the ropes and the cage…

AND GRATES JARRETT’S FACE ACROSS THE STEEL CAGE!!

By the time Jarrett lands on the mat, his blonde hair is covered in blood! Benoit continues his attack with stomps and kicks on Jarrett in the corner. Jarrett responds with a blatant low-blow to Benoit, but since we are in a Cage, a low blow isn’t going to stop this match!

The low blow buys Jarrett some time to get to his feet. He looks over at the fallen Benoit and then begins to scale the cage. Jarrett wants to get out of here as fast as he can…but NOT SO FAST!

Chris Benoit hops up to the top turnbuckle, bringing Jarrett back down onto it with him. Jarrett tries to elbow his way out of it, but Benoit has his arms tightly locked around Jarrett. Benoit then rears back AND HEADBUTTS JARRETT!! The vicious headbutt knocks Jarrett a bit loopy, which is enough opening for Benoit to rear back…

TOP ROPE GERMAN SUPLEX TO JEFF JARRETT!!!

Benoit takes his time getting up, as the high-risk move also took a lot out of him. Benoit knows he can easily win by escaping at this point, but wants to inflict as much damage on Jarrett as he can. Benoit goes to pick Jarrett up…

JEFF JARRETT WITH A THUMB TO THE EYES OF CHRIS BENOIT!!!

Jarrett takes control with a DDT. He goes for a cover but Benoit kicks out. Jarrett then tosses Benoit head-first into the cage, busting Benoit open in the process! Jarrett has Benoit down and out, and begins to walk towards the cage door…but Benoit grabs a hold of his foot. Jarrett stomps down on Benoit’s head, but stumbles towards the ropes. He then decides to scale the cage once more, looking to escape!

Chris Benoit is back up to his feet and once again follows Jarrett up the cage. The two men now duke it out on the ropes. The ropes shake as both men’s knees wobble with each punch thrown. Benoit goes for a punch but before he can Jarrett with another thumb to the eye! Jarrett places on hand on the cage and wraps his arm around Benoit’s neck…

RUSSIAN LEG SWEEP OFF THE CAGE BY JEFF JARRETT!!!

By this point, Jarrett knows he needs to keep Benoit down before exiting the cage, and waits for Benoit to get back to his feet.

JEFF JARRETT GOES FOR THE STROKE ON BENOIT…

BUT BENOIT REVERSES IT INTO A CRIPPLER CROSSFACE!!!

Jarrett screams in agony as Benoit has his finishing hold locked in tightly! Jarrett reaches out and by a Hail Mary, is able to place a finger on the bottom rope, forcing Benoit to break the hold. Benoit looks to capitalize on Jeff Jarrett as he lifts him up…

HITTING THREE GERMAN SUPLEXES IN SUCCESSION!!!

Benoit is not done, as he begins to scale the cage, but by his body language, he isn’t looking to escape. No, instead, Benoit makes it all the way to the top of the cage, before he looks back down at Jarrett. Benoit steadies himself on the top…

AND LEAPS OFF…

WITH A FUCKING FLYING HEADBUTT OFF THE TOP OF THE CAGE ONTO JEFF JARRETT!!!!

A thousand flashes go off simultaneously from cameras in the crowd as Benoit hits a ridiculous spot on Jarrett!!

The move takes just as much out of Benoit as it does Jarrett. Jarrett, subconsciously rolls underneath the ropes so Benoit cannot pin him! Benoit begins to army crawl towards the door, knowing this is moment to capitalize. Benoit gets to the door, the referee unlocks the door, and Benoit slowly begins to crawl head first out of the cage…

WHACK!!!

gnZDk0w.png
mVfbx0s.png

RON AND DON HARRIS EMERGE FROM NOWHERE AND SLAM THE CAGE DOOR RIGHT ON CHRIS BENOIT’S HEAD!!!

Benoit’s hands are touching the floor, but not his feet! He lies there motionless as Jarrett looks up, smiling out at THE HARRIS BROTHERS who must have been Jarrett’s “iron-clad” plan this entire time!! Jarrett crawls over the motionless Benoit, as both Ron and Don help Jarrett out the cage door…

JEFF JARRETT’S FEET TOUCH THE FLOOR!!

Winner AND STILL UNITED STATES CHAMPION- Jeff Jarrett

The Harris Brothers hand Jeff Jarrett his US title as they assist him to his feet. Jarrett, bloodied face and all, looks into the camera…

“I told you all I had an iron-clad plan. It was in the form of these two shit-kickers- The Harris Brothers! Two men who were CHOSEN by me! Ha-Ha!”

Jarrett limps up the ramp, still with the assistance of The Harris Brothers, as we pan back to Benoit who is being checked on by a team of medics at the ringside area.

Our announcers talk about how Benoit virtually won the match, had it not been for The Harris Brothers! However, Jeff Jarrett walks out of Souled Out with the US title still in-tact!

GSJbXxh.png

We head to the back where Mene Gene is standing by with Ric Flair and Arn Anderson. Ric Flair gives us a “MEAN…WOOO!...GENE!” before telling the world that once he is WCW President, things will change for the better. He goes on to say that Bill Clinton ain’t got nothing on The Nature Boy, baby! WOOO!

Curt Hennig is our first to a loud rung of boos. Hennig stops and attempts to shake the hands of everyone at ringside, but not many people shake his hand! Tony Schiavone plays up Hennig politicking David Flair, saying that nobody knows their father better than his own son. Heenan argues that point, saying that he’s been around the Flair family, and they’re as dysfunctional as they come…

Ric Flair is out next to a MASSIVE ovation from the crowd! Flanked by Arn Anderson, “The Nature Boy” struts his way down to the ring. He looks more serious than usual, as he knows he does NOT want to be Curt Hennig’s errand boy if he loses!

BplpqsO.png

MATCH 8- For the WCW Presidency
Ric Flair vs. Curt Hennig

Before we begin, Hennig requests a mic.

“I’m petitioning for Arn Anderson to be forcefully removed from ringside. This man is a threat to this match, and therefore is a threat to our democracy and needs to be escorted to the back IMMEDIATLEY!!”

However, the referee disagrees and tells Arn Anderson to STAY!!

Hennig gets pissed but it was all a ploy. While Flair is eating this up with the fans, Hennig suckers Flair and chop blocks him from behind!!

Hennig takes advantage early on, targeting Flair’s knee. After knee strikes and a leg bar, Hennig whips Flair into the corner where Flair goes over the turnbuckles and to the floor!

As the action spills to the outside, Hennig stops and continues attempting to shake people’s hands in the front row! Hennig then turns his attention back to Flair…

WHO DRILLS HENNIG ACROSS THE HEAD WITH THE RING BELL!!!

Flair then tosses Hennig hard into the guard rail! Hennig, with a history of having a bad back, holds it in pain as Flair stomps on it for good measure!

Flair tosses Hennig back inside the ring and begins to work over the back, before shifting his focus to Hennig’s legs, softening them up for the Figure Four! Flair goes for the Figure Four…

BUT HENNIG WITH A SMALL PACKAGE!!!

1…..2…NO!!

Flair kicks out. Hennig tries to garner some offense but Flair chop blocks his knee, sending him back down to the mat! Flair then has Hennig right where he wants him…

FIGURE FOUR LEG LOCK!!!

Hennig writhes in pain as Flair has it locked in tightly. Hennig slowly begins to move his body over…

AND REVERSES THE FIGURE FOUR!!!

Flair now screams in pain as Hennig nods, hoping this is the end…

BUT IT’S NOT! FLAIR REVERSES THE REVERSAL!!!

Hennig is back writhing in pain…

WHEN FLAIR GETS JUMPED ON BY DAVID FLAIR!!!

d9xlOgx.png
CkJfGbJ.png
h2LPsi5.png

David Flair, Crowbar and Daffney
emerge from God knows where and begin to interfere! The referee can’t call for the bell because WE NEED A WCW PRESIDENT, and not via DQ!

glhfSUc.png

Arn hits the ring and lays out his Godson David Flair with a HUGE SPINEBUSTER!! Crowbar then wields a crowbar at Arn Anderson who catches it, kicks Crowbar in the gut…

ARN ANDERSON HITS CROWBAR…WITH…A CROWBAR!!!

Arn then exits the ring, wanting this one to end fair and square. As he does, Daffney JUMPS ON ARN’S BACK!! Arn tries his best to wiggle Daffney off of him…

HENNIG DECKS ARN IN THE HEAD WITH THE CROWBAR!!!

Daffney flies off, right into the arms of Crowbar, while Arn hits the deck and falls to the floor!

Hennig then picks back up the crowbar (the weapon, not the wrestler)

AND DRILLS RIC FLAIR ACROSS THE BACK!!!

Hennig tosses the crowbar aside and taunts Flair, telling him he’s gonna be his errand boy for the rest of eternity…

WHEN SUDDENLY…

Rh4QpGw.png

DIAMOND DALLAS PAGE HOPS INTO OUR SCREEN…

DIAMOND CUTTER TO CURT HENNIG FROM LEFT FUCKING FIELD!!!

DDP? What’s he doing out here? He HATES Ric Flair!!!
Nonetheless, DDP places Flair over the motionless Curt Hennig…

1…2…3!!!!

Winner AND NEW WCW PRESIDENT- Ric Flair

RIC FLAIR IS OUR NEW PRESIDENT!
The crowd erupts in excitement, mostly because they love Ric Flair, but also because Curt Hennig is now Ric Flair’s errand boy for as long as he is WCW President!!

DDP looks down at Ric Flair and shouts “YOU OWE ME!” before exiting the ring. Arn hops in and helps Flair to his feet, who slowly realizes he is now the WCW President! The two men head up the ramp as Flair lets out a couple WOOO’s on his way up.

Back in the ring, a defeated Curt Hennig comes to the realization that he will have to be Ric Flair’s bitch for the foreseeable future!

Our announcers speculate as to why DDP would help Ric Flair, considering their checkered past. Regardless of why he helped Ric Flair win, he now holds one over the WCW President with the assist of a lifetime!

GSJbXxh.png

We head to the back where Mene Gene is catching up with Chris Kanyon. Kanyon has no women around him, no fanfare, no stupid hat and glasses. Just the man, Chris Kanyon, and his luggage. Kanyon tells Mene Gene that Vampiro humbled him tonight, and he’s gonna go home and take a long look in the mirror. Something has to change; he needs to re-evaluate his life. Kanyon goes on to say that from this point on, he will become a changed man and try to live his life in a positive way…

C5rCN29.png

h1i83kO.png
31TOfOk.png
SjzsFZl.png

The WCW.COM Chat Room is up and running! Off to the side of the Souled Out stage, a host of wrestlers are all a long table typing away. Evan Karagias happens to be sitting next to Torrie Wilson, and begins to flirt with her. This draws the ire of Billy Kidman, who confronts Karagias. Karagias must say something to piss Kidman off, as he DECKS KARAGIAS ACROSS THE FACE!!

Chaos ensues as Konnan and Rey Mysterio get into it with Shannon Moore and Shane Helms. All of this chaos is going on, while La Parka, the NEW Cruiserweight Champion, continues to type away in the WCW.COM CHAT ROOM!

GSJbXxh.png

We see a brief video package of Tank Abbott destroying everything and everyone in his path!

Tank Abbott enters the arena and the crowd begins to boo! The legitimate tough guy doesn’t care, as he heads straight for the ring! Our announcers speculate as to who will answer this challenge, but none of them have any idea…

jQuMoJQ.png

Match 9- Tank Abbott’s Open Challenge
Tank Abbott vs. ???

Tank Abbott grabs the mic and attempts to speak over the boos…

“Who’s ready to get their ass kicked?!?!?”

Crickets…nothing…nobody answers….Abbott stands in the ring, confident nobody will step up to him…

“That’s what I thought! Everybody in the back is too scared to step inside the ring with me! And for good reason, too. So, tomorrow morning, I’m marching right into Ric Flair’s office and DEMANDING…”

Abbott is cut off by some new music, music none of us have ever heard before…

The crowd is on their feet, excited as hell, because….

GUJwice.png

IT’S KEN FUCKING SHAMROCK!!!

Ken Shamrock is here in WCW!!!

Ken Shamrock makes a bee-line to the ring, where he stands nose-to-nose with Tank Abbott. Abbott drops the mic…

SHAMROCK HEADBUTTS ABBOTT!!!

Abbott hits the deck, where Shamrock is waiting with some ground and pound! Shamrock then grabs a hold of Abbott’s leg…

SHAMROCK PUTS TANK ABBOTT IN A LEG BAR!!!

If Abbott doesn’t submit, he will break his leg in half!!!

ABBOTT SUBMITS!!!!

Winner- Ken Shamrock

Tank Abbott quickly retreats up the ramp, heading for safety. Inside the ring, Ken Shamrock is UNHINGED and plays into the crowd’s warm welcome to WCW!!

Our announcers say Ken Shamrock is here in WCW, and just made the most feared man in the locker room tap out in under 30 seconds! So, what does that make Ken Shamrock? IT MAKES HIM KEN FUCKING SHAMROCK, THE NEWEST MOST FEARED MAN IN WCW!!!

Shamrock slaps the fans hand around ringside as he points up to Abbott, telling him he isn’t finished with him!!

GSJbXxh.png

In the back, Ric Flair has turned his private locker room into a night club! While “Celebration” by Kool and the Gang plays, Flair pops bottles surrounded by the most beautiful girls he could find in Cinci tonight. Curt Hennig, limping around, is forced to pour drinks for everyone in the room. Arn Anderson is still on guard, with an ice pack on his head from getting hit with a crowbar earlier on.

Suddenly, David Flair, Crowbar and Daffney enter the party. David goes up to his father and shakes his hand, telling him he is proud of him for becoming WCW President again. Arn has his guard up but Crowbar doesn’t want to fight. After the strange interaction, DDP is in line behind the trio. DDP walks up to Flair and makes it known that Flair owes him. Flair agrees and says he will figure it all out in the morning. But for now, he is in party mode!

A host of other wrestlers have formed a line outside the party, looking to air their grievances. Flair tells Hennig to disperse the crowd of wrestlers. Hennig mumbles underneath his breath but does as he is told, as he signed an agreement that he would be Ric Flair’s “Chief of Staff” for as long as Flair is WCW President. The wrestlers all boo Hennig who forces them to leave.

C5rCN29.png

giphy.gif

(Goldberg, working snug on inanimate objects)

After we see Goldberg violating a SURGE vending machine, our announcers talk about what a night we have had thus far, and there is more action tomorrow night! They hype up STING’S BIG ANNOUNCEMENT tomorrow night on Monday Nitro! They then begin to focus on our main event of the evening- Bret Hart puts his WCW title on the line against THE MILLENNIUM MAN- Sid Vicious!

GSJbXxh.png

Mene Gene is ready to conduct his last interview of the night, with Sid Vicious. Sid says he’s been waiting to get his hands on the WCW title since he returned last summer. Tonight, it doesn’t matter how many members of The Founding Fathers tries to interfere-he isn’t leaving Souled Out until he pins Bret Hart and wins the WCW Championship!

Sid Vicious’ music hits as the fans ERUPT from their seats. The Millennium Man fist bumps a few lucky fans on his way down to the ring. He poses with his arms up in the air as sparkling fireworks set off behind him. Sid looks as locked in as he’s ever been for this one!

Bret Hart is out next to a loud reaction. Although the reigning WCW Champion has aligned with The Founding Fathers, he is respected enough to garner some cheers. Hart, however, doesn’t appreciate the cheers as he comes out. He flaunts the richest prize in the business- the WCW Championship- for everyone to see, especially Sid Vicious.

Hart hops into the ring and holds the title high in the air, while Sid looks on, grabbing his wrists, getting ready to destroy his opponent.

5C5LYOh.png

Match 10- Main Event- WCW Championship
©Bret Hart vs. Sid Vicious

After Michael Buffer gives us a great introduction and doesn’t refer to Bret as “Bret Clark” the bell rings and we are under way for our main event of the evening!

Sid comes out swinging for the fences, forcing Bret Hart to hit the deck and retreat to the outside. Hart slides back inside the ring, attempts a few punches, and when he realizes Sid is more fired up than usual tonight, Hart once again slides out of the ring.

The crowd begins to boo Hart who could care less. His sole focus right now is surviving The Millennium Man and retaining his World title. Hart slides back in, and strategically holds onto the ropes before kicking Sid. When Sid goes to retaliate, Hart once again slides underneath the ropes and to the outside. Sid has had enough and climbs out of the ring, looking to get his hands on Hart. Hart blocks a punch from Sid before stepping on his foot, which stuns the big man for a split second. This allows Hart to slide back inside the ring.

Sid follows suit and when he does, Hart is waiting with a kick to the head. Sid shrugs it off, but Bret is back on the offensive with a chop block to Sid’s knee. The big man is down on one knee. Hart flies off the ropes and goes for a bulldog, but Sid catches him in mid-air!!

Sid gets back to both feet…

SID DUMPS BRET HART OUT OF THE RING, LANDING HART VERY HARD ON THE FLOOR!!

Sid exits the ring slowly, as he is now favoring his right knee. As he takes his time getting to the outside, Bret has gathered himself, waits for Sid…

BRET HART RAMS A STEEL CHAIR RIGHT INTO SID’S LEG!!!

Sid is down on the ringside floor as Hart continuously rams the chair right into Sid’s knee! Bret then lifts the big man up and slides him back on the ring apron. He elbows him in the head for good measure, before positioning him underneath the bottom rope and the ring post. Bret crosses Sid’s legs around the post…

FIGURE FOUR WITH SID’S LEGS LOCKED INSIDE THE RING POST!!

Sid’s legs are just too big, and Hart never fully locks it in. Eventually, Hart is forced to let go of the devastating submission move. Sid knows this, and reaches his long arms out, grabbing Bret by the hair…

SID SMASHES BRET FACE FIRST INTO THE RING POST!!

Sid shakes the feeling back into his legs as he gingerly walks over towards the commentary table. He looks at all three men, and the look is enough to send them running. Sid clears the monitors off of the table before stomping on the fallen WCW Champion for good measure.

The crowd is on their feet, roaring with excitement as Sid nods his head in approval, everybody knows what’s coming next! Sid puts Hart in between his legs, easily hoists him up…

POWERBOMB TO BRET HART THROUGH THE COMMENTARY TABLE!!!!

The crowd goes CRAZY for the move as Sid soaks in the energy from them! Sid picks Bret up and slides him into the ring. Bret, being the crafty veteran, one of the best in the business, knows he is outmatched right now so does the only thing he can do- he grabs a hold of Sid…

AND FALLS BACK RIGHT INTO THE REFEREE!!

The referee falls through the middle rope and all the way out of the ring to the floor. Sid holds his knee in pain as Bret looks up at the entrance ramp, waving on the rest of The Founding Fathers!!

Bret waits for what seems like an eternity, and his buddies never show up!

We quickly cut to a feed of the backstage area, where Goldberg, Booker T, The Filthy Animals and Ken Shamrock are all beating down on Hall, Nash and Luger! Led by Goldberg, who has followed through on his promise to Sid to not let The Founding Fathers get involved, they have neutralized The Founding Fathers!!

Bret can’t wait any longer as he turns around…

AND EATS SID’S SIZE 20 FOOT WITH A HUGE BIG BOOT!!!!

Sid calls for the end as the crowd can feel it. Sid lifts Bret up once more…

ANOTHER DEVASTATING POWERBOMB BY SID TO BRET HART!!!

The referee still hasn’t budged from the ringside area. Sid climbs out of the ring, lifts the referee up by one arm, and flings him back underneath the ropes. Sid pokes at the referee, shoves him, does everything he possibly can- WAKE THE FUCK UP MICKEY JAY!! But referee Mickey Jay is still unconscious, he just had a 300 pound monster fall on him, knocking him out of the ring!

Sid is tired of reviving the referee, and decides to lift the motionless Bret Hart up once more. As Sid has Hart between his legs, looking for his THIRD POWERBOMB of the match…

A MAN DRESSED IN ALL BLACK WITH A BLACK MASK, WIELDING A LEAD PIPE HOPS THE GUARD RAIL…

HE ENTERS THE RING, WINDS BACK…

AND DRILLS SID VICIOUS ACROSS THE BACK OF HIS HEAD WITH THE LEAD PIPE!!!

The man then stands over the fallen Sid Vicious and takes his mask off…

REZVvSA.png

IT’S SCOTT STEINER!! BIG POPPA PUMP! WHY IS HE GETTING INVOLVED IN THIS MATCH?!?!?!?

Scott Steiner’s job is finished, as he leaves the ring. Surprisingly enough, he doesn’t seem to be on Bret Hart’s side because he stomps on Bret before leaving, and doesn’t drape him over Sid. However, Bret is conscious enough to drape his arm over the unconscious monster Sid Vicious…all while Mickey Jay FINALLY wakes up!

1………………2…………….3!!!

Winner AND STILL WCW WORLD HEAVYWEIGHT CHAMPION- Bret Hart

Hart’s music hits as the timekeeper slides him his belt. He clutches it tightly against his chest, knowing full well he just avoided a major loss. He looks out at Scott Steiner, who heads up the entrance ramp. Hart looks puzzled as to why Big Poppa Pump got involved, but nevertheless, Hart has slayed the giant and retains his title!

Hart uses the ropes as leverage to get to his feet where he holds his title up high in the air.

The final scene from Souled Out shows Bret Hart on the top turnbuckle, posing with his title while the fans pelt the ring with garbage. Hart may still be on top of the WCW, but his new friends failed miserably in helping him retain- they couldn’t even make it to the ringside area.

Bret also knows that Goldberg is inching closer and closer, and with a new WCW President in Ric Flair, a re-match with Goldberg is purely imminent at this point. Bret looks around, and doesn’t like the feeling of being alone in the ring- how much does he actually trust his new friends after Souled Out?

GSJbXxh.png

Last edited:

BookerMan

Reaction score
Gotta say, I have a very random soft spot for WCW 2000 and will hear out anybody’s rebooking of it, but I think this is off to a great start already.

Filthy Animals vs The Revolution was the appropriate amount of insanity for a WCW 2000 opener. If only the real company could’ve seen the writing on the wall with The Radicalz and (presumably) saw them off this way.

I’m here for any and all Vampiro pushes, and getting gimmicks off Kanyon to let him just wrestle and be his entertaining self is always a direction I’ll be in favor of.

Father James Mitchell vignette was a big hit with me. You’re basically hitting home run after home run in terms of using every niche 2000s wrestling personality that I love so far.

Loved all the hardcore title shenanigans. Any time you can have The Wall put somebody through the wall, you have to do it.

I really loved the Flair/Hennig match. Flair as an on-screen authority figure with Arn doing his literal enforcing should be a hoot as they say.

One thing I’ll say is that even for 2000 WCW, I do wish there was a match on the show besides Kanyon/Vampiro that went light on shenanigans. Then again, it’s the first PPV of the run and you had a lot to clean up and establish to get this train back on the tracks. All I can hope is that this manages to take the things I love about 2000 WCW (Vampiro lighting dudes on fire) and filter them through the thoughts of a person with a functioning human brain.

Great PPV, looking forward to more!

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Souled Out!

Good win for the Filthy Animals and I think it's best that the Revolution disbands. I think it would be nice to do something different with Saturn and Malenko.

Is this Vampiro win setting up something for Kanyon? Maybe a little, let's say darker? Is it a coincidence that James Vandenburg (or Father James?) had a promo right after?!

If only the Mayhem game lived up to that commercial.

Fun little hardcore match, Disco could be a fun Hardcore Champ.

lol at real Sid sold separately.

I always laughed at the idea od La Parka being eligible for the Cruiserweight Title. Another fun title holder nonetheless!

Aw...sad to see Disco already lose the Hardcore title.

That's one way for Lex Luger to get a win over Goldberg. I'm waiting for Goldberg just to smash through the Founding Fathers.

Interesting to see the Outsiders get a clean win over Harlem Heat, hopefully bigger things are in store for Booker T as Stevie Ray looked pissed at the end.

The card game leading to another Hardcore title match is fun.

Well the Harris Bros. are here, so we know it's WCW 2000. I'd rather see Jarrett get a push than Benoit so all for this.

Another BTB where DDP lays Curt Hennig out. Tough times for Hennig. Flair winning the Presidency was expected, curious to see how he leverages DDP.

SHAMROCK! That was a great pay off to Tank's challenge.

Sounds like we're still going towards Bret vs. Goldberg in the long term. No problem with Sid being the challenger of the month.

This was great!