***BTB of the Month*** - WCW/ECW 2001 and Beyond - The Alliance Lives

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
customRISE-e1636696216327.jpg

ECW RISE
May 30, 2002
Sovereign Bank Arena
Trenton, NJ

Raven: “
I’ve been haunted by memories of the past has led to this enduring pain I’ve felt inside. My soul continues to be tormented every day and every night as you hide behind your ministry and mask. Perhaps Chris Kanyon your true form has been scorched with only remains of human bones. But I will not fight fire with fire. The only way I heal my soul is to darken my heart, to force it to become as black as ice. Once I closed my eyes and filled them with blackness, once I disposed of those closest to me. Shannon Moore. Mikey Whipwreck. Shawn Stasiak, I felt the cold through my bones, and for once I felt control against you Mortis. Because I now know how to defeat you. Blood runs cold my brother. Quote the Raven, nevermore!”

As the camera zooms out from Raven, we see a laser blue eye…to which the screen transitions to the blue mask of Glacier!

Joey Styles: “…am I really going to have to call a Pay-Per-View match with Glacier? What the hell…”

Tazz: Joey we’re live man!”

Joey Styles:
“I apologize everyone welcome to a special edition of ECW RISE! We’re 30 minutes outside of the home of ECW here in Trenton, New Jersey! Tonight, we have just one match, and that match will determine who receives an ECW World Tag Team Championship Match against AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn at Hardcore Heaven 2002! It’s Tag Team Turmoil! Here come the champs now!”

ECW World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn come out and sit by Joey Styles and Tazz, as they get a close look at Tag Team Turmoil!

#1 Contender for the ECW World Tag Team Championship – Tag Team Turmoil Match 1
Danny Doring and Roadkill vs. Christian York and Joey Matthews

Doring starts with Matthews. Doring gets a side headlock but Matthews sends him off the ropes. Leapfrog by Matthews and Matthews hits a dropkick. Matthews hits the ropes but Doring gets him in a tilt-a-whirl, but Matthews counters with a flying headscissors. Matthews hits the ropes again but this time Doring lifts him up for what looks like an atomic drop, but instead he drop Matthews right into low blow kick! Doring tags in Roadkill, but Matthews escapes him to tag in Christian York.

Big shoulderblock from Roadkill, but he misses the splash. Roadkill catches a York dropkick, but a slingshot into the corner allows York to come off the ropes with a springboard legdrop! 1…2…Roadkill kicks out but Doring is in there as well. Matthews bulldogs Doring, and Roadkill misses an avalanche attempt. Double dropkick by York and Matthews staggers Roadkill. York and Matthews hit the ropes, but Doring trips Matthews and drags him to the floor. Roadkill picks up York in a bearhug, and Doring completes the Lariat of Lust! Doring covers, 1…2…3!

#1 Contender for the ECW World Tag Team Championship – Tag Team Turmoil Match 2
Danny Doring and Roadkill vs. Gangrel and Bam Bam Bigelow

We’re close to the hometown of Bam Bam Bigelow, and he and Gangrel get a great reaction as a result.

The crowd starts to really heat up as Roadkill and Bigelow stand face-to-face before they begin to wail on one another! Gangrel catches Doring with a double-arm trapped suplex! Belly-to-belly suplex from Bigelow to Roadkill! Gangrel goes for the Impaler DDT on Roadkill, but Doring breaks that up and dropkicks Gangrel to the floor. Roadkill clotheslines Gangrel to the floor, then ducks a Bigelow clothesline. Roadkill slams Bigelow! Roadkill climbs to the top rope, then slowly walks the rope sideways, leaps and legdrops Bigelow!

::COMMERCIAL BREAK::

We come back to RISE to a black 2x4 pick-up truck arriving into the parking lot…

Joey Styles: “Who the hell is that?”

We return to action as Doring stomps away on Gangrel in the corner. Roadkill tries to whip Bigelow in the same corner, but Bigelow counters and Gangrel jumps out of the way, leading to Roadkill squashing his partner in the corner! Bigelow presses Doring over his head and tosses him to the floor! Gangrel boots Roadkill and plants him with the Impaler DDT, then Bigelow comes off the top rope with a flying headbutt! Bigelow covers Roadkill, 1…2…3!

#1 Contender for the ECW World Tag Team Championship – Tag Team Turmoil Match 3
Gangrel and Bam Bam Bigelow vs. Taka Michinoku and Kaz Hayashi

Taka and Hayashi, coming off a big win on Nitro, wait on the outside of the ring as they seem afraid to jump into the ring with Bigelow and Gangrel. Suddenly, Yang attacks Bigelow from behind! All three members of Michinoku Pro try to play the numbers game with Bigelow and Gangrel, but Bigelow has none of it!

Joey Styles: “I’m just getting word something is going down in the back!”

Tazz:
“What the hell is going on back there?”

We cut to the parking lot and see Christian York and Joey Matthews, who competed earlier tonight, lying on the ground and being stomped on…but the camera needs to zoom out to see who’s doing the beat down…

Joey Styles: “Oh my God! That’s, that’s Kevin Nash!

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, Sean O’Haire and Big Bossman continue to beat the hell out of York and Matthews! The Hurricane leaps off a truck at Nash, but Nash catches him and lawn darts him into a production truck!

Tazz: “Well that brought back memories! We need someone back there!”

Joey Styles:
“We’ll keep you updated…back in the ring…”

Bigelow is just about finished up tossing Taka, Hayashi (and Yang). Bigelow plants Hayashi with Greetings from Asbury Park and pins him, 1…2…3.

Bigelow and Gangrel wait for the next team, but no one comes as we cut to commercial.

We come back to RISE as the New World Order beats the hell out of Jamie Noble and Kid Kash in the back!

Joey Styles: “This is out of hand! I understand Jamie Noble and Kid Kash were the next team to make their way out. Someone needs to do something about these guys! Hey, where are you guy going?”

AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn leave the broadcast area and are about to head to the back, but they are attacked by Sean Waltman! Scott Hall comes out to help and the NWO is now out here beating down the Tag Champs! O’Haire, Waltman and Bossman head to the ring where it looks like Bigelow and Gangrel are down to fight!

Joey Styles: “Someone needs to stop this! Where’s our champion?! Wait, Tazz, stop…”

Tazz stands up to Scott Hall, but Nash pie-faces him. Tazz retaliates by leaping on Nash’s back to lock in the Tazz-mission…but Hall smashes him in the back with a chair, leaving him lying!

O’Haire, Bossman and Waltman go at it with Bigelow and Gangrel, but the numbers game proves to be too much. Bossman beats them both down with a nightstick, and Waltman drives Gangrel with an X-Factor. Kevin Nash and Scott Hall make their way to the ring and grabs a mic.

Kevin Nash: Wolfpac in the house! This is the big-time ECW huh? Where’s all the tough guys? Come on Scott told me this is a tough place to fight. Come on tough guys NWO is here to fight!”

The challenge is answered…by the Blue World Order! Big Stevie Cool, Da Blue Guy and the Heartbreak Star Super Nova make their way to the ring. They stand up to Nash, Hall, O’Haire etc., but Waltman takes a cheap shot at Nova and the fight is one! The BWO stand little chance, as Hall drops Richards with an Outsider’s Edge…and Nash jackknives Meanie!

Joey Styles: “This is insane…wait…we might have a real challenge. Ok big man, you want to fight?”

The crowd starts to throw garbage towards the ring before starting a Rob Van Damchant. But someone else answers as “Enter Sandman” plays! The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley make their way through the crowd to confront the NWO…but they get ambushed by the FBI! Guido, Vincenzo, Graziano, Mamaluke, Smothers all attack Dreamer, Sandman and Spike, and they all end up fighting through the crowd and to the back. Vincenzo gets a splash on Dreamer on the floor, leaving him lying as the fight continues.

Kevin Nash: “Hey…hey…that’s just a little something some of that McMahon money can buy! Thanks Steph!”

Scott Hall: “Yo…looks at these guys…”

Total Impact, Lance Storm, Justin Credible and Mike Awesome all head to the ring. Awesome slams Bossman into the railing as he looked to meet them on the floor. Storm, Credible and Awesome stand tall and it looks like we’ve got a fair fight…but then Credible cracks Storm over the head with his kendo stick!

Joey Styles:
“Oh my God are you kidding me right now?! That damn Justin Credible.”

Nash, Hall and O’Haire jump on Awesome as Waltman and Credible beat down Storm. Awesome tries to make a come back as he double clotheslines Nash and Hall down, but O’Haire catches him with a jumping spin kick! Credible picks up Storm and plants him with That’s Incredible! Nash has a baseball bat and wallops Awesome over the head! The crowd feels as if they’re about to riot…but here come the #1 Contenders to the ECW World and TV titles! It’s Rob Van Dam and Sabu!

Joey Styles:
“There are six men in that ring and I don’t think that’s going to mean a damn thing as here comes Rob Van Dam! Here comes Sabu!” No wait…those damn Guerreros!”

RVD and Sabu are attacked by Eddie and Chavo Guerrero Jr. on the stage. RVD and Sabu get the upperhand for a moment before RVD is leveled by ECW World Champion Brock Lesnar! Lesnar, Shelton Benjamin and CW Anderson pound away on Sabu as the Guerreros double-team RVD! RVD breaks through the Guerreros, but Lesnar smashes him right over the head with a chair! Lesnar then smashes Sabu over and over with the same chair before hitting him with a F5 through Joey Styles’ table!

Joey Styles: “You son-of-a-bitch, you’re the champion! You’re supposed to be defending this company!”

Brock Lesnar: “Fuck you Styles! I do whatever the hell I want whenever I want!”

RVD lunges at Lesnar, but the Guerreros beat him down again with their own chairs.

Kevin Nash: “Hey Lesnar you want a piece of this champ?”

Brock Lesnar: “Hey I have a big title match in 10 days, I don’t need this crap. I’m out.”

Nash continues to taunt the ECW faithful as the NWO stands tall with all challengers laid out. Lesnar, Benjamin, Anderson and the Guerreros have taken out RVD and Sabu and have left them lying.

Kevin Nash: “Well Scott, I gotta say I’m disappointed man. But hey, the Wolfpac have always been the true tough guys of wrestling. Everyone else is just phony talk!”

Scott Hall: “I don’t know man, I swear there used to be tough guys here. I guess ECW just got soft man.”

Kevin Nash: “Well, hey, when you’re seven-feet tall and sexy as hell, life is just too sweeeeet! I didn’t think anyone was gonna really stand up to us!”

The ECW crowd roars as the Total Elimination” and “Medalplay…here comes The Eliminators and Kurt Angle! Angle, Saturn and Kronus slowly make their way to the wreckage all over the ringside area, and this time instead of standing their ground, the NWO leave the ring!

Joey Styles: “Yeah, Kurt Angle showing the NWO their real colors! Yeah, now you don’t want to fight! What a shock!”

“Angle’s gonna kill you!”

Kurt Angle:
“You want a fight Nash? Accept my challenge ‘tough guy’! Accept is so I can break all three of your ankles at Hardcore Heaven!

Kevin Nash: “You know what Angle, yeah, you got your six-man. Me, Hall and O’Haire! And we’re gonna kick your ass the same way we left everyone lying out here tonight!”

Joey Styles: “You heard it everyone, it’s gonna be the NWO vs. Kurt Angle and the Eliminators and Hardcore Heaven!”

The NWO escape through the crowd as Kurt Angle and The Eliminators help up Lance Storm and Mike Awesome in the ring. Storm and Awesome clearly look pissed about Justin Credible.

Joey Styles: “What a mess the New World Order caused tonight! Tazz, Sabu and Rob Van Dam are being attended too, well Sabu’s back up and he’s lost his mind. We still don’t have a #1 contender for the Tag Team titles. I don’t know what we’re going to do, we’ll see everyone at Hardcore TV this weekend.”

::END SHOW::

Quick Results

#1 Contender’s Match for the ECW World Tag Team Championship: Tag Team Turmoil

No contest when the New World Order interfered

Champions

WCW World Champion

Triple H (Defeated Kurt Angle on 5-12-02)

ECW World Champion
Brock Lesnar (Defeated Rob Van Dam on 12-30-01)

WCW United States Champion
Christian (Defeated Tazz on 1-27-02)

ECW Television Champion
Eddie Guerrero (Defeated Super Crazy on 4-14-02)

WCW World Tag Team Champions
Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant (Defeated The Dudley Boyz on 3-11-02)

ECW World Tag Team Champions
AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn (Defeated R-Killa and Mark Henry on 4-14-02)

World Cruiserweight Champion
Super Crazy (Defeated Eddie Guerrero on 5-13-02)

World Women’s Champion
Jazz (Defeated Molly Marvel on 4-14-02)

Roster Updates

Sean Waltman
– Famously named Syxx during his time in the NWO in WCW, Waltman is back with his friends​

Last edited:

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
ECW_Hardcore_TV.jpg

ECW Hardcore TV
June 1, 2002
Sovereign Bank Arena
Trenton, NJ

Joey Styles: “
We’re back in Trenton for the second time in three nights. I understand the New World Order has left, but we can never be. Tazz is not with me tonight as he’s checking in on some of the boys who were attacked this last Thursday. But I have some news as well. Brian Christopher is in the ring for our open match-up, but his opponent, making his surprise return to ECW, is New Jersey’s own Chris Candido! I have no idea how this came about, but here he comes now!”

Brian Christopher vs. Chris Candido

Chris Candido receives a good reception from his home state fans! Christopher decides to do his stupid dance right in Candido’s face, and Candido clocks him as a result! Candido stomps away as Christopher retreats to the outside. Candido is right out after him and slams Christopher into the apron, then whips him into the guardrail. Candido slides Christopher back in and continues his attack. Christopher gets back to a vertical base and a slugfest ensues. Candido blocks an inverted atomic drop to Christopher’s surprise, and Candido clothesline him right down! Cover, 1…2…Christopher kicks out.

Candido continues to be all over Christopher, but Christopher gets in a kick…that’s blocked but turned into an enzugiri! Christopher sends Candido off the ropes and hits a backdrop. Rear chinlock applied by Christopher, but Candido quickly powers out. Christopher reverses an Irish whip and goes for the backdrop, but Candido counters with a swinging neckbreaker! Candido takes a second to take in the crowd’s reaction. Candido props Christopher on the second rope, then takes him down with an avalanche frankensteiner! Candido drags Christopher back to the corner, heads to the top rope and brings Christopher up there with him…Blonde Bombshell, the top rope powerbomb! 1…2…3!

Winner: Chris Candido via pinfall in 5:01

Chris Candido
grabs a microphone.

Chris Candido: “Hey listen, listen, listen! I was watching the show a couple nights ago and I gotta tell you I’m just as sick of guys like Kevin Nash and Scott Hall bullying people around. It was the same crap in 1995 as it is today! Well I’m not going to stand for it. Not this time. This is ECW. So Mike Awesome, and my brother, my former Tag Team Champion partner Lance Storm, I’ve got your back! If you guys will have me, Hardcore Heaven, I wanna beat up anyone the NWO will throw out there!”

We’re just eight days away from “Born to Be Wired” ECW Hardcore Heaven 2002! Of course, as the title suggests, the main event will feature the extreme athlete, the so far unstoppable and unbeatable, at least in one-on-one competition, ECW World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar against the homicidal, genocidal, suicidal Sabu in a Barbed Wire match. Sabu won his last ECW World Championship in 1997 against Terry Funk in a barbed wire match. After seeing Lesnar cower away from defending ECW against the New World Order this past Thursday on RISE, I hope Sabu gives him what he has coming to him! But speaking of, the NWO’s Kevin Nash, Scott Hall and Sean O’Haire take on the three-time ECW World Tag Team Champions The Eliminators and the Olympic badass himself, former WCW and WWF World Champion Kurt Angle in what will be one of the most high profile ECW matches in history! The ECW World Television Championship is also on the line as Eddie Guerrero defends against the man who quite frankly defined the title, Rob Van Dam! There are some things we’re still putting together as well. We heard Chris Candido earlier tonight, making a challenge for a second NWO match on behalf of himself, Lance Storm and Mike Awesome. Because the NWO disrupted Tag Team Turmoil last Thursday, we still don’t know who will face ECW World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn. We will find out this Thursday, hopefully! Here’s a gem that you can only get from watching Hardcore TV tonight and not anywhere on the internet as this was just signed. All-Japan Pro Wrestling’s Jinsei Shinzaki will make another appearance, this time on Pay-Per-View, and will face Shelton Benjamin! What an opportunity for Benjamin, maybe he can finally get out of Lesnar’s shadow! Super Crazy defends the Cruiserweight Championship against both Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera! And of course, I can’t forget, Raven has apparently obtained the services of Glacier, yes, that Glacier, in his fight against The Sinister Minister’s Unholy Alliance. They will team up with Malice against Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri! It’s all going down in 8 days at Hardcore Heaven, live on Pay-Per-View, from Chicago, Illinois!”

Our main event tonight has some history to it. A few weeks ago, Kidman was taken out by the FBI, who were hired by two of Raven’s former goons. We did see Kidman on Nitro briefly as Torrie Wilson caught the eye of Rene Dupree. While Kidman is in action against Christian and his faction on this upcoming episode of Nitro, he has some unfinished business tonight! He didn’t bring Torrie with him, and Guido ‘only’ has Big Daddy Vincenzo with him.”

Billy Kidman vs. Little Guido (w/Big Daddy Vincenzo)

Guido gets a takedown first, but Kidman slides out of it. Armdrag from Kidman. Dropkick from Kidman! Flying headscissors sends Guido flying across the ring, and already Guido wants a time out. Kidman runs at him but Guido backdrops him over the top rope. Vincenzo slowly stalks Kidman on the outside, but Kidman sees him and quickly rolls back into the ring. Guido locks in an armbar, but Kidman fights back to a vertical base and slams Guido. Big backdrop from Kidman! Kidman has Guido in the Fireman’s Carry, then flips him over resulting in the back of Guido’s head smashing into Kidman’s knee! Kidman goes for the double springboard bulldog, but Guido shoves him off, hops up to the second rope, and takes Kidman out with a flying clothesline! Cover, 1…2…Kidman kicks out!

Guido stomps away, then locks in a wristlock. Kidman counters with a front facing BK Bomb! Kidman comes off the ropes, but is tripped and dragged to the outside by Big Daddy Vincenzo! Vincenzo whips Kidman into the railing, but Kidman dives out of the way when Vincenzo goes for the avalanche, leading to the 500 pounder crashing and breaking through the guardrail! Kidman quickly heads to the top rope, then hits a diving cross body into the crowd onto Vincenzo! Kidman heads back to the top rope, but Guido shoves the referee into the ropes and Kidman gets crotches. Guido sets Kidman up and hits a superplex! 1…2…Kidman kicks out! Guido calls for the end and he goes for a powerbomb, but Kidman counters into a facebuster! Kidman heads to the top rope and hits the Shooting Star Press! 1…2…3!

Winner: Billy Kidman via pinfall in 6:22

Kidman
slides out of the ring as the rest of the FBI hit the ring. Guido grabs a mic himself…

Little Guido: “You got lucky here tonight Kidman. The mob ain’t done with you. I want a rematch on RISE!”

Kidman nods his head yes as Hardcore TV goes off the air!

Quick Results

Chris Candido pinned Brian Christopher

Billy Kidman pinned Little Guido

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

ECW Television Champion

World Women’s Champion

Roster Updates

Chris Candido
No Gimmicks Needed” is back in ECW to help his former teammate Lance Storm

Last edited:
Reactions: Stojy and Chris

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
WCWNitro.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
June 3, 2002
Baltimore Arena
Baltimore, MD

We see Triple H backstage with the New World Order. He breathes heavily as he prepares to defend the WCW World Championship against whoever they picked out of the tumbler last week on Nitro. He lets out one last heavy breath before the entire NWO head to the ring.

Scott Hudson: “Welcome to Nitro! We are just six days away from ECW Hardcore Heaven 2002, but we have some WCW business to take care of tonight! The leader of the NWO, Triple H defends the WCW World Championship against, well, we don’t know his opponent still!”

Mike Tenay: “Speaking of the NWO, we have to wonder if there will be any backlash in regards to the NWO's takeover of RISE last week!”

Scott Hudson: “Two other major matches tonight, Christian, Rene Dupree and The Amazing-French Canadians take on DDP, The Giant, Kidman and Test. But here come the New World Order now!”

The New World Order surround the ring with Eric Bischoff, Shawn Michaels and Triple H standing in the ring.

Shawn Michaels: “Now I’ve faced many men in my career, but even I, the Heartbreak Kid, the icon, the main event, have never dealt with a challenge that Hunter is about to go through. You know I watched the footage and we’re talking about the most dangerous individual probably in professional wrestling. Eric, are you sure we can’t get on this.”

Eric Bischoff: “Unfortunately, my hands are tied here. This was part of the deal and Triple H will just have to beat this world class challenger for the WCW World Championship.”

Triple H: “Let’s just get on with it!”

Shawn Michaels: “Alright, well, hold onto your seats ladies and gentlemen. This fighter, this competitor, wait, let me make sure I get the line right. He is going to shock the world because he is none other than…THE SHOCKMASTER!”

Mike Tenay: “You’ve have to be kidding!”

Triple H, Shawn Michaels and Eric Bischoff start laughing in the ring, as do the rest of the NWO.

Shawn Michaels: “Wait, I thought a guy was supposed to burst through the wall and fall? What happened?”

Triple H: “I don’t know Shawn…I, I don’t know. Did you see the look on the faces of these idiots in the crowd?”

The New World Order keep laughing when Fred Ottman, the man who played the Shockmaster walks out to the ring.

Shawn Michaels: “Hey, who’s this guy?”

Eric Bischoff: “Uh, Shawn, that’s The Shockmaster.”

Shawn Michaels: “Wait, I thought this was a joke? The Shockmaster is real?”

Ottman grabs a mic himself. He’s dressed in casual clothes and doesn’t seem to want any part of this.

Fred Ottman: “Is there a reason for all this. You guys have nothing better to do than to make fun of something that happened a decade ago?”

Eric Bischoff: “Look, Fred, we didn’t know you were here and we were just having fun. But since you are here…”

Triple H attacks Ottman and calls for the bell to be rung.

WCW World Championship
Triple H (w/NWO) vs. “The Shockmaster” Fred Ottman

Triple H pounds away on Ottman, before walking over to Shawn Michaels in the corner and getting another laugh at Ottman’s expense. HHH turns around, and the 400 pound Ottman avalanche splashes HHH in the corner! Ottman walks over and splashes HHH! 1…2…HHH just kicks out…avoiding perhaps the biggest upset in WCW history! Ottman whips HHH into the corner again, but when attempting another avalanche HHH ducks out of the way and Ottman crashes into the corner. HHH hits Ottman with hard right hands over and over. Ottman takes a big swing with a clothesline, but HHH ducks. HHH boots Ottman and plants him with the Pedigree! 1…2…3!

Winner: Triple H via pinfall in 2:08 (Retains)

Triple H
continues to pound away on Ottman until a couple of the NWO guys, Kevin Nash and Justin Credible, stop him feeling it might be too much. But then Nash points to Scott Hall on the outside, who has a sledgehammer! While HHH grabs the sledgehammer, John Tenta, a friend of Ottman and the former Earthquake, Avalanche and Shark, comes down to the ring and tends to his friend, asking HHH to back off. HHH decides to stop, before changing course and smashing Tenta in the back of the head with the sledgehammer! Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant come down, and despite the numbers advantage the NWO back off. As the NWO head up the ramp, Interim WCW President Roddy Piper walks out to the stage.

Roddy Piper: “I knew it! I just knew something didn’t smell right with this ‘picking your opponent’ thing. Unfortunately, you guys didn’t surprise me, but boy, do I have a surprise for you. And when I say you, I was pointing to you Triple H!

“My Time” plays as Triple H’s ex-wife, Stephanie McMahon makes her way on stage! Predictably, HHH is irate, but he’s held back by Sean O’Haire and Shawn Michaels.

Stephanie McMahon: “First off, Kevin, Scott, you guys did quite a number on my locker room last week. And just know I can’t wait for Kurt Angle to break your ankles at ECW Hardcore Heaven this Sunday on Pay-Per-View! And Hunter…sweetheart…it’s time to call in my part of the of the divorce settlement. As I’ve informed both Piper and my brother Shane, I get a chance to make a match for the WCW World Championship. Now I’m not going to tell you who, but next week on Nitro Hunter, you will defend the WCW World Championship, I promise you that! And after Total Impact, Kurt Angle and The Eliminators wipe out the New World Order this Sunday, they’ll be no one left to save you and your title!”

Stephanie McMahon laughs as Triple H continues to fume on the ramp.

We come back to Nitro with a replay of what happened during the break: Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant helping John Tenta and Fred Ottman to the back. We then return to the live feed as DDP, Giant and Ottman watch Tenta get loaded into the ambulance.

Kevin Kelly: Kevin Kelly here backstage with Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant. Gentlemen, if you have a moment, I’d like to ask you about the eight man tag team match later tonight.”

Diamond Dallas Page: “Seriously Kelly? Did you not just see what was going on out there with the NWO?

Kevin Kelly: “Okay…”

Diamond Dallas Page: “Me and the Giant, we dealt with the scum that is the NWO years ago and we sure as hell ain’t gonna stand for it now. I can’t think of one good reason why we have to stand on the outside and watch them beat up the veterans of the locker room, guys like Fred Ottman and John Tenta. Just know, New World Order, me and the big man, we’re coming for all of you. As for tonight, Torrie asked Stacy for a favor so tonight, Christian and his goons get their ass kicked. And hey, Kidman’s a good kid, and honestly Christian’s a pain in the ass anyway. Now get out of here Kelly!”

Curt Hennig (w/Alexis Laree) vs. Jim Duggan

Duggan surprises Hennig with some punches just as the bell rings! Big slam from Duggan! Clothesline sends Hennig over the top rope. Duggan tries to bring him back in, but Hennig stuns Duggan with a cutter over the top rope. Hennig slides back in and punches away at Duggan before locking in a neck vice. Hennig puts Duggan down on the canvas, but misses an elbow drop. Duggan goes back to work, slamming Hennig into the top turnbuckle over and over again. Hennig seems stunned, and Duggan prepares to knock Hennig down for good as he sets up in the Three Point Stance! Alexis Laree grabs Duggan’s foot though, and the distraction allows Hennig to nail Duggan.

Hennig punches away at Duggan in the corner, before snapmaring him over…then following with a somersault cutter as Duggan landed in a sitting position. Duggan struggles to get back to his feet, to which Hennig gets a knee to the midsection, then knocks Duggan back down with a leg lift. Hennig punches away at Duggan again, but Duggan fires back! Duggan knocks Hennig down with a clothesline! Then knocks him down with another one! And a third! Duggan sends Hennig off the ropes and goes for the backdrop, but Hennig puts on the brakes and hits the Hennig-Plex! 1…2…3!

Winner: Curt Hennig via pinfall in 4:48

Curt Hennig
cockily walks back up the ramp with Alexis Laree, again indicating he’s looking for gold.

Jeremy Borash:
Jeremy Borash here I am here with William Regal. Mr. Regal, we previously had seen you watching videos of your former protégé Tajiri, and wanted to get your thoughts.”

William Regal: “My thoughts? My thoughts are that a miserable little toad like you can just walk up to me and ask me questions that are none of your business. I don’t know what’s gotten into the head of that boy Tajiri. One minute he’s pining for that miserable Torrie Wilson, the next he’s going off to ECW and acting like he’s part of some devilish cult! Well I promise you that I will free Tajiri of this circus he’s joined one way another. As much as it disgusts me to even think about, I will make an appearance as this Hardcore Heaven in order to do so. Bloody circus freaks, all of them!”

The Faces of Fear vs. The Harris Brothers (w/Brian Lee)

The match starts out as an all-our brawl as the Harris Bros., Meng and Barbarian all trade blows in the ring. Brian Lee pulls the Barbarian out of the ring undetected from the referee as the Harris Bros. double team Meng with clobbering blows. They whip Meng into the corner and Ron Harris runs in with a clothesline, but it has little effect on Meng, who hits Ron with a haymaker to the throat! Don runs at Meng and gets hit with a superkick! Meng heads to the outside to chase off Lee, and the Harris Bros. follow as the melee between these two teams spill out to the floor. Barbarian ends up back in the ring with Don despite no tags as they punch and kick away at one another. Meng slams Ron into the steel steps.

Meng slides in the ring and hits Don with an atomic drop…and holds him in place for Barbarian to hit a big boot. Cover by the Barbarian, 1…2…Ron runs in and breaks the count. Meng grabs Ron, but Ron breaks free by punching away at him. Ron makes the mistake of headbutting Meng though and that clearly has no effect, and Meng violently headbutts him down. Barbarian beats down Don in the opposite corner. Suddenly, Brian Lee runs in with a chair and smashes it across Barbarian’s back, before nailing Meng with it as well!

Winner: The Faces of Fear by DQ in 5:02 when Brian Lee interfered

Brian Lee’s
interference with a chair allows for a 3-on-2 beatdown by the DOA, but Meng and Barbarian fight back anyway, forcing the DOA into a retreat. Meng especially clearly wants to fight some more.

We cut to the back to Kevin Kelly once more.

Kevin Kelly: Kevin Kelly once again, I am backstage with Booker T. Tonight Booker, you face off against a man who’s been a thorn on your side the past few months, R-Killa.”

Booker T: “That’s right Kelly. You know it took me a while to get it. It took me a while to understand what the deal was with R-Killa and why he started this deal man. Me and R-Killa, a lot of our upbringing through the ranks in pro wrestling, it’s similar. But the main difference between me and him? He thinks he should get opportunities, title shots, whatever, because of who he is and nothing more. And that’s why up until now he would get stuck. That’s why the WWF fired his ass. He thought the WWF owed him. No matter what, you gotta earn your way up the ranks. I did it the long way man. Tag Team titles with my brother Stevie Ray. TV Title. US Title. World Title. This stuff wasn’t handed me to my dawg. And it wasn’t smooth sailing either. Me and my brother had issues when I went single you know? But we worked it out and moved on. I kept fighting, I kept clawing. Even as a former five-time WCW World Champion, I still have to improve and get better. I haven’t forgotten my loss to Kurt Angle at last year’s Starrcade. But I work on it. That’s how you make it. See R-Killa, the man’s problem ain’t talent. He’s got talent. We know he’s got talent. His problem is instead of working his way up, he’s now trying to shortcut his way up. And maybe some people will let him do that, but he tried to do it at my expense.”

“Look, we’ve cost each other matches, titles. He agreed to leave the monster in the back, and I’m leaving my brother in the back. So it’s gotta end tonight. And I’m gonna end it tonight and get back on track for the big gold sucka! Now can you dig it?”

Christian, Rene Dupree and The Amazing French-Canadians vs. Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, Billy Kidman and Test (w/Torrie Wilson and Stacy Keibler)

Dupree looks all confident to start the match until he realizes he’s in there with the Giant! Dupree punches away at the Giant to little effect. Giant props Dupree in the corner, silences the crowd, then hits him with a massive slap to the chest! Giant forces Dupree back in the corner again and whips him into the opposite corner, but Dupree moves out of the way of the incoming Giant. Dupree comes off the ropes with a clothesline that staggers the Giant a bit. Dupree decides he’s had enough and he tags in Jacques, who seems surprised and scared that he was tagged in! Giant brings Jacques in the hard way before tagging in DDP. DDP boots Jacques and gets a gutwrench powerbomb for a pin, 1…2…Pierre comes in to break it up.

DDP knocks Jacques down again with a discus clothesline. DDP comes off the ropes and Christian kicks him in the back. DDP knocks Christian off the apron, but this allows Jacques a clothesline and a tag to Pierre. They go to finish off DDP quickly…Cannonball misses as DDP moves and Pierre crashes onto the canvas. DDP tags in Test, who blasts Pierre with the Big Boot! Christian had made a blind tag though and as Test pins Pierre, Christian comes off the second rope with a splash to break it up. Christian stomps away on Test and locks in a rear chinlock, preventing Test from tagging his teammates. Falling Inverted DDT from Christian! Cover, 1…2…Test kicks out. Christian hits some more punches, but Test blocks a punch and hits a Pumphandle Slam! Test tags in Kidman!

Kidman comes in and knocks Christian down with a dropkick! Pierre and Jacques come in and attack Kidman, but DDP and the Giant come in and even those odds! Rene Dupree comes in when Torrie Wilson gets up onto the apron to distract him. Dupree seems to think he’s won over Torrie and starts to pose, only to get turned around by DDP and dropped with a Diamond Cutter! The Giant grabs both Pierre and Jacques and drops the with the Chokeslam! Kidman hits Christian with a BK Bomb then heads to the top rope…Shooting Star Press Connects! Kidman covers, 1…2…3! Kidman has pinned the US Champion!

Winners: Kidman, DDP, Giant and Test when Kidman pinned Christian in 8:35

Kidman
celebrates with Torrie, Stacy, Giant and DDPTest doesn’t seem as interested. Christian shouts at his teammates up the ramp as he’s clearly frustrated by the loss.

We come back to Nitro with Christian yelling at Jacques and Pierre, blaming them for what had just transpired. Jacques starts to talk back to Christian, but Rene Dupree then attacks him and Pierre, and leaves the Amazing-French Canadians lying! Christian tells Dupree that now he’s on the fast track to becoming a star and says to “get out of here”.

Scott Hudson:
“I’ve just been informed that due to tonight’s result in the eight-man tag team match, Christian will defend the US title against Kidman next week on Nitro!”

Mike Tenay: “It looks like Christian is down two friends after what we just saw, but he can’t be counted out in a title match. He’s held the US title for over five months now.”

Scott Hudson: “Some news about RISE this week. Previously, it was announced that Super Crazy was to defend the World Cruiserweight Championship against both Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera at Hardcore Heaven, but that match has been moved to RISE this Thursday!”

Mike Tenay: “Three of Mexico’s finest, it sets up to be a very interesting encounter considering that Guerrera and Psicosis have been working together as of late.”

Scott Hudson:
“And lastly, as we…”

paidfor.jpg

We see Shawn Michaels talking to Triple H, with the rest o the NWO hanging around the locker room.

Shawn Michaels: Hunter, come on man, you know it won’t matter who she picks to face you next week. What’s the worst it can be? That Rob Van Dam guy? Kurt Angle again?”

Scott Hall:
“No way Shawn. Me, the big man and O’Haire. We’re gonna carve up Angle, Neptune and Crunch.”

Shawn Michaels: Neptune and Crunch?”

Scott Hall: “You know. The Eliminators.”

Eric Bischoff: Saturn and Kronus?

Scott Hall: “Whatever man.”

Triple H: “That’s right, I expect you guys are gonna finish off what I started and make sure Angle doesn’t leave Chicago walking!”

Justin Credible: “What about us Hunter?”

Triple H: “You and Pac?”

Justin Credible: “Yeah. Stephanie mentioned Total Impact this Sunday.”

Triple H: “Yeah, me and Eric have a plan for that. We want you two to go against those guys this Sunday.”

Shawn Michaels: “Wait wait, is that the group that just brought in Skip? Well I guess when you’re sick of waking up at dawn there’s nothing left but having a Sunny day or two!”

Justin Credible: “You want me and Pac to take on three guys?”

Eric Bischoff: Justin, of course not. Great news is with the money coming on from Hunter’s divorce settlement, we were able to finance operations for NWO Japan!”

Eric Bischoff leans in to tell Justin Credible something the camera mic can’t pick up.

Justin Credible: “That’s our third guy? No kidding! That’s sick. Hell, that’s just…incredible!”

Triple H: “You guys take out Total Impact, Kevin, Scott, Sean you finish off Angle. And we’ll be on top of the world after that!”

Booker T vs. R-Killa

Booker and R-Killa circle around one another, both with intense looks on their faces. They lock up and R-Killa gets an armdrag to Booker’s surprise. They lock up again and Booker gets a side headlock, but R-Killa sends Booker off the ropes. Leapfrog by R-Killa, who then goes for a hip toss just to get clotheslined down by Booker! Another clothesline from Booker! Dropkick from Booker connects! Quick cover, 1…2…R-Killa kicks out and quickly scrambles to the ropes. Booker is on him, punching at R-Killa until he traps him in the corner, then alternating punches and chops! Booker tries to send R-Killa into the opposite corner but it’s countered, but a charging R-Killa runs right into the elbow of Booker. Booker sends R-Killa off the ropes and goes for a roundhouse kick, but R-Killa holds onto the ropes and ducks to the outside to catch a breather.

Booker heads to the outside as he’s not about to let R-Killa catch a break. Booker pounds away on R-Killa, but R-Killa reverses a whip and sends Booker flying into the ringpost! Booker clearly hurt his shoulder there, and R-Killa capitalizes and slams Booker shoulder first into the steps! Referee admonishes R-Killa to get the match back into the ring as R-Killa comes back in. Booker slowly makes his way back in and R-Killa stomps away on the shoulder. Booker fires back with his good arm and sends R-Killa into the corner…but R-Killa floats over a charging Booker T and does a backflip! Booker goes for a wild clothesline but R-Killa drops with a split to duck, then hits Booker square in the jaw with a leg lariat! Cover, 1…2…Booker just kicks out. R-Killa quickly locks in a sitting hammerlock to slow things down.

Booker T powers out of the hammerlock, but when he comes off the ropes R-Killa catches him with a stun gun across the top rope! R-Killa heads to the top rope and hits a Twisting Splash! 1…2…Booker kicks out to R-Killa’s surprise. R-Killa pounds away on the weakened shoulder blade, forcing Booker to retreat to the outside. The referee pushes R-Killa back to allow him to count Booker out, but R-Killa has none of that and comes flying over the top rope with a tope con hilo perfectly taking out Booker T! R-Killa rolls Booker back in and slingshots over the top rope with a legdrop! Cover, 1…2…Booker just kicks out! R-Killa comes off the ropes but Booker ducks the clothesline. And he ducks another one! Booker gets a flapjack…then pops up with the Spinarooni! Booker kicks R-Killa, setting up for the Scissors’ Kick…only he runs right into the Truth Shall Set Him Free! (R-Killa’s version of the Bookend)! R-Killa covers, 1…2…Booker T just gets out and R-Killa can’t believe it! R-Killa shoves referee Billy Silverman, but before Silverman can call for a DQ Booker rolls R-Killa up, 1…2…kickout from R-Killa!

Booker gets a Harlem sidekick, knocking R-Killa down. Booker whips R-Killa off the ropes and has him set up for the Bookend, only R-Killa breaks free in midair, pushes Booker towards the ropes before rolling him up again, 1…2…Booker kicks out! R-Killa runs into a spinning roundhouse kick, but he ends up bouncing off the ropes instead of falling down, and stumbles right into the Bookend! 1…2…out of nowhere World Women’s Champion Jazz jumps into the ring and nails Booker T in the back of the head with the Women’s title belt! Referee calls for the disqualification!

Winner: Booker T via DQ in 14:11 when Jazz interfered

Booker T
confronts Jazz, who secretly has left the Women’s title belt for R-Killa to use. Booker sees this coming though and turns around and nails R-Killa…but Jazz then nails him with a low blow! Jazz, R-Killa and now here comes Mark Henry to beat down Booker T before Stevie Ray comes down as well, but at that point R-Killa, Henry and Jazz flee the ring. We thought this might be over, but it looks like another chapter is being written in the Booker T-R-Killa feud as Nitro goes off the air.

Quick Results

WCW World Championship

Triple H pinned “The Shockmaster” Fred Ottman to retain the title

Curt Hennig pinned Jim Duggan

The Faces of Fear defeated the Harris Brothers by DQ

Billy Kidman, Diamond Dallas Page, The Giant, and Test defeated Christian, Rene Dupree, and the Amazing French-Canadians when Kidman pinned Christian

Booker T defeated R-Killa by DQ

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

ECW Television Champion

World Women’s Champion

Roster Updates

Fred Ottman –
Retired big man known as Tugboat, Typhoon and infamously, the Shockmaster

John Tenta – A friend of Ottman’s, he was known as Earthquake, Avalanche and the Shark

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Enjoyed the banter between HBK and Hall throughout the night, lol. But man what a missed opportunity to not have Shockmaster fall through a wall again (I know HBK referenced it but dammit, it should've actually happened). But you gained your points back for HBK's Sunny days reference.

Booker T vs. R-Killa is the feud that never ends lol, was definitely hoping to see Booker move on to something new.

Reactions: RDT

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

ECW RISE
June 6, 2002
Peoria Civic Center
Peoria, IL

Joey Styles: “Welcome everyone to RISE, Super Crazy is on his way out as it’s a three-way dance for the World Cruiserweight Championship to kick off the go home show for Hardcore Heaven!”

Tazz: “It’s gonna be a rocketbusta Joey!”

World Cruiserweight Championship – Three Way Dance (Elimination)
Super Crazy © vs. Psicosis vs. Juventud Guerrera

Super Crazy tries to feel out what is essentially a two against one situation. Juvi and Psicosis eventually corner him and pound away. They whip Crazy into the corner, but Crazy leaps up to the top rope and takes out both with a moonsault! Double dropkick knocks both Juvi and Psicosis to the outside. Super Crazy comes off the ropes and hits Juvi with a tope con hilo (Psicosis ducked out of the way)! Psicosis grabs Crazy and gets him to the apron, then bring him in the hard way with a gourdbuster! Cover, 1…2…Crazy kicks out. Slam from Psicosis. Psicosis crotches Crazy on the top rope, then heads to the top turnbuckle…spinning heel kick connects! Juvi runs in for the cover, 1…2…Crazy kicks out.

Juvi and Psicosis stomp away on Crazy and work out between another how to eliminate the champion. Juvi picks up Super Crazy and drives him to the canvas with the Juvi Driver…and Psicosis comes off the top rope with the Guillotine Legdrop! Psicosis and Juvi both cover Crazy, 1…2…but Crazy finds a way to kick out to the surprise of both Psicosis and Juvi! Suddenly, the crowd begins to stir as…as here comes the #1 contender for the ECW World Championship…Sabu! Sabu has the barbed wire chair and immediately throws it at Psicosis’ face to the shock of the crowd! Guerrera attacks Sabu as Bill Alfonso sets up a table on the outside. Juvi punches away at Sabu, but Sabu counters and takes him down. Sabu takes a look at Super Crazy, and Crazy is smart enough to roll to the outside and walk away with the title.

Winner: No Contest in 5:25 when Sabu interfered

Bill Alfonso
tosses Sabu another chair and Sabu blasts Juvi! Alfonso drags Juvi onto the table on the outside. Sabu sets up the chair, leaps from the chair, to the top rope, through Juventud and the table! Alfonso grabs a microphone.

Bill Alfonso: Brock Lesnar you want to fight Sabu? You want to come out and throw Sabu through tables? You think that hurts Sabu? Look at this guy!”

Sabu slides back into the ring with the barbed wire chair.

Bill Alfonso: “Look at the scars Lesnar. You think this man is scared of you because you roughed him up for a little bit last week? You title reign is OVER Brock! This guy has been cut, he’s been burned, he’s bled on five different continents! He’s not afraid of you!”

Here comes ECW World Champion Brock Lesnar! Paul Heyman stands in front of Lesnar, trying to prevent him from fighting with Sabu right here and now!

Paul Heyman: “Relax, relax. I got this! Don’t play his game!”

Bill Alfonso: “What’s the matter Paul E.? Your man scared? It’s easy to beat me up. I’m 120 pounds soaking wet! But Sabu? Nothing hurts Sabu. Nothing! You know this Paul. Every month you come out and tell Brock’s opponent that they’ve never faced anyone like Brock Lesnar. Well this time, in this environment, it’s your man who’s never faced anyone like Sabu!”

Paul Heyman: Alfonso, I promise you even Sabu has no idea what he’s getting into this Sunday at Hardcore Heaven. But Brock Lesnar isn’t going to play Sabu’s game. He’s not going to jump into the ring right now…”

It looks like Brock feels otherwise as Brock tries to run past Heyman, but Heyman continues to hold him back.

Bill Alfonso: “It looks like your boy wants to fight!”

Sabu runs by Alfonso and dives over the top rope at Lesnar, taking out Heyman! Lesnar somewhat catches him, but both men go down and punch away at one another. Lesnar gets the better of Sabu at first, but a wild clothesline attempt is ducked by Sabu and Lesnar hits the ringpost! Alfonso gives Sabu the barbed wire chair and Sabu smashes Lesnar in the back, causing Lesnar to scream in pain! Shelton Benjamin runs out, but Sabu holds him off, but CW Anderson attacks from behind! Lesnar flees to the back with some blood coming from his back. Sabu beats the hell out of CW Anderson before running up the ramp to get Lesnar!

We return to RISE and see that Paul Heyman and Brock Lesnar have escaped Sabu via rental car. Sabu destroys the parking lot in the back as Bill Alfonso tries to calm hm down!

Tazz:
“My god Joey, Sabu and Lesnar in a Barbed Wire match. I’ve fought Lesnar and as you know I’m very familiar with Sabu. I don’t know if Lesnar can escape that one!”

Joey Styles:
“It’s for the richest prize in the game. This Sunday, Hardcore Heaven, Sabu vs. Lesnar! Let’s change gears partner. It’s good to see you doing okay after the attack by the New World Order last week on RISE!”

Tazz: “I’m telling you Joey, those punks are lucky my neck is in the state that it’s in.”

Joey Styles: “The result is two big matches this Sunday featuring the NWO against ECW. First, the X-Factor of the NWO, Syxx-Pac, that turncoat Justin Credible and a member of NWO Japan will take on the new Total Impact: Lance Storm, the returning Chris Candido and Mike Awesome! And then the big one, Kurt Angle and The Eliminators take on Sean O’Haire and The Outsiders. Now last week, we were looking to determine the #1 Contender for the ECW World Tag Team Championship. It has been determined, right now, three teams will go at it, one fall to a finish. Gangrel and Bam Bam Bigelow, Danny Doring and Roadkill, and Jamie Noble and Kid Kash…the winner takes on the champs Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles on Sunday!”

#1 Contender for the ECW World Tag Team Championship (One Fall)
Bam Bam Bigelow and Gangrel (w/Luna Vachon) vs. Kid Kash and Jamie Noble vs. Danny Doring and Roadkill

Kash and Noble attack Gangrel as Doring and Roadkill go after the monster Bigelow. Bigelow nails Roadkill with a headbutt, then shoves Doring across the ring. Noble dives at Bigelow, but Bigelow catches him and presses him over his head…and tosses Noble halfway down the ramp! Roadkill attacks Bigelow from behind and the two biggest men in the match trade blows! Roadkill counters an Amish whip, but Bigelow comes right back with a 360 pound crossbody! 1…2…Kid Kash breaks up the count by leaping on Bigelow! Dropkick from Kash onto Bigelow. Kash runs at Bigelow but gets caught, and Bigelow fall away tosses Kash to the outside, who lands right on Noble!

Roadkill climbs the side of the ropes and lays out Bigelow with a flying clothesline! Gangrel comes from behind Roadkill and plants him with a bulldog headlock! Cover, 1…2…Roadkill kicks out. Doring runs in and trades shots with Gangrel, but Gangrel ducks a clothesline and plants Doring with the Impaler DDT! Gangrel doesn’t go for a cover, but instead Luna leaps off the top rope and hits the Luna Eclipse on Doring! Noble and Kash double dropkick Gangrel into Luna, who goes flying to through the ropes but lands in Bigelow’s arms! Double brainbuster by Kash and Noble on Gangrel! Cover by Noble, but Bigelow pulls him out! Bigelow picks up Noble and smashes him into the ringpost…and right after Kash takes out Bigelow with a flying crossbody over the top rope!

Doring comes off the top rope onto Gangrel with a flying fistdrop and makes the cover, 1…2…Gangrel kicks out. Roadkill comes back in and hits Gangrel with an atomic drop, and Doring takes him out with the Lariat of Lust! Cover, 1…2…Noble runs in and breaks it up. Roadkill runs at Noble but Noble pulls down the bottom rope and Roadkill goes flying over the top rope. Doring nails Noble and sets him up for a piledriver, but Kash is back in and hits Doring with a hurricarana! Kash climbs up to the top rope. Noble backdrops Doring into Kash, who drives Doring down with a top rope powerbomb! Kash and Noble double dropkick a chair into a charging Bam Bam Bigelow before Kash makes the cover on Doring, 1…2…3!

Winners: Jamie Noble and Kid Kash in 9:13 when Kash pinned Doring

Noble and Kash
celebrate, but not for too long as the ECW World Tag Team Champions AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn appear on the top of the stage. They applaud their new challengers and raise the titles above their heads, showing that they’re ready for Sunday!

Bill Alfonso: Eddie Guerrero I hope you’re ready daddy! This Sunday, Mr. Pay-Per-View Rob Van Dam wins back the title he never lost in the ring, the TV Title baby!”

Rob Van Dam: “That’s right, everybody’s favorite wrestler Rob Van Dam takes on Eddie Guerrero. A dream match for some, maybe. But hey, all I know any mamacitas watching, they’re gonna be watching me regain by ECW TV title. Guerrero, you’re good, you’ve got a good frog splash, you’re talented man. But when it comes to the frog splash, well come on, nobody gets higher than Rob…Van…Dam!”

Eddie Guerrero:
“Yeah right homes, you think you really stand a chance against me Rob? I’m gonna give it straight up to you man. I know people out there don’t like me, they don’t like my tactics, they don’t like my attitude, whatever man. All I know is I didn’t have a promotion give me everything I wanted because it was all I had. I earned everything I have. While you played big fish in the small pond of the old ECW, I scratched and clawed my way through WCW. But now we cross paths, and while you’re out there being cool, I care about one thing. Winnng. I’ll walk into Hardcore Heaven as ECW TV Champion. And I’m walking out ECW TV Champion, Orale vato!”

Joey Styles:
“In what some are calling a dream match, this Sunday it will be Rob Van Dam against Eddie Guerrero for Guerrero’s ECW World Television Championship. Now, coming up next, our main event for the night, the new #1 contender for the WCW United States Championship Kidman takes on the leader of the Full Blooded Italians Little Guido.”

Billy Kidman vs. Little Guido (w/Tracy Smothers)

They lock-up and Guido and Kidman jostle for position, with Guido proving to be the slightly stronger of the two. Guido hits some hard chops in the corner, but Kidman slaps him right back in the face. Guido doesn’t get too tilted and finds a waistlock, but Kidman counters into one of his own. Kidman tries to suplex Guido over his head but Guido lands on his feet. Trip by Guido and a cover, 1…and that’s it as Kidman’s out right away. Guido misses a clothesline, then turns around into the BK Bomb! 1…2…Guido kicks out. Kidman comes off the ropes but Smothers grabs the foot. Guido runs at Kidman but Kidman backdrops him over the top rope onto Smothers! Kidman then hits them both with a Springboard Shooting Star Press!

Joey Styles:
“Oh my God!”

Kidman slides Guido back into the ring and covers, 1…2…Guido gets his foot on the rope to Kidman’s frustration. Kidman picks Guido up from the canvas but is surprised with a boot to the midsection. Guido goes for a powerbomb, but Kidman counters into a facebuster! Kidman heads to the top rope to finish Guido off, but Smothers shakes the top rope and crotches Kidman! As Kidman writhes in pain Guido signals to the back…and here come Big Sal E. Graziano, Big Daddy Vincenzo and Tony Mamaluke! The FBI surround the ring, and when Kidman gets back to his feet he realizes the danger he's in. Vincenzo wallops the referee and we’re probably not getting a conclusive finish to this one…

Winner: No Contest in 6:03

Kidman
looks around as the five members of the FBI look to beat him up…but suddenly help is on the way!

What…What Time is It?”

Rey Mysterio Jr. has returned! Rey runs down the ramp, but he sees that Big Daddy Vincenzo and Big Sal E. Graziano are standing in his path! Rey stops, then signals that he may have not come alone…

The crowd roars as Enter Sandman” plays on the house speakers! The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley, who were attacked by the FBI last week, make their way down to the ring through the crowd. Little Guido decides to change his strategy and calls for the FBI to back off, and the escape through the crowd on the opposite end of the arena. Kidman, Rey, Sandman, Dreamer and Spike celebrate as the go-home episode of RISE for Hardcore Heaven 2002 goes off the air!

Quick Results

World Cruiserweight Championship – Three Way Dance

Super Crazy, Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera wrestled to a no-contest when Sabu interfered (Crazy retains)

#1 Contender’s Match for the ECW World Tag Team Championship
Jamie Noble and Kid Kash defeated Bam Bam Bigelow and Gangrel, and Danny Doring and Roadkill when Kash pinned Doring

Billy Kidman and Little Guido wrestled to a no-contest when the FBI interfered

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

ECW Television Champion

World Women’s Champion

Roster Updates

None​

Last edited:

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
hardcoreheaven02.jpg

ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2002
PREVIEW AND PREDICTIONS

Joey Styles:
“Hello everyone I’m Joey Styles. Tomorrow night Extreme Championship Wrestling in partnership with World Championship Wrestling will present Hardcore Heaven 2002 live at 8:00 PM Eastern, 9:00 Central live from the UIC Pavilion in Chicago, Illinois! Let’s get to it!”

ECW World Tag Team Championship
AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn © vs. Kid Kash and Jamie Noble

Joey Styles: “It look a while to get this match set as we couldn’t get a conclusion to any #1 contender matches. But this past Friday on RISE Kid Kash and Jamie Noble defeated both the team of Gangrel and Bam Bam Bigelow and the team of Danny Doring and Roadkill, locking in their spot here against Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles. These four are, for my money, pound-for-pound, four of the greatest professional wrestlers walking the globe today. This should be a great one!”

Jinsei Shinzaki vs. Shelton Benjamin

Joey Styles: Paul Heyman used his power as General Manager to give his guy, Shelton Benjamin a high-profile match at Hardcore Heaven. I don’t blame Heyman, but someone needs to step in and address the conflict of interest here! Shinzaki has competed in ECW twice in his career, most recently on RISE a few weeks ago against Sabu. It could be a major win for Benjamin, or it could be a victory Shinzaki needs to reheat his United States wrestling career.”

The Full-Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Big Daddy Vincenzo, Big Sal E. Graziano and Tracy Smothers) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley

Joey Styles: “Just added to the show after last Thursday’s RISE, this should be a wild ten-man tag team war! This may be the most formidable version of the FBI we’ve ever seen, I mean that happens when you add a 600 pound black man from Memphis and pass him off as Italian, but however the faction is built is irrelevant to its strength. The FBI had received payments to take out Rey, Kidman, Spike, Dreamer and Sandman at all different times over the past few weeks, so this is all about payback!”

Raven, Malice and Glacier vs. The Unholy Alliance (Mortis, Tajiri and Mikey Whipwreck)

Joey Styles: “Raven has mostly disbanded his Warriors, or as I call them flunkies, leaving only Malice to aid him in this war against Mortis. The Sinister Minister made the first move, bringing Tajiri back into the fold and promising Mikey Whipwreck revenge against Raven. Raven countered with one of the most surprising things I’ve ever seen as he sought out Mortis’ longtime rival Glacier for this match. That’s not the surprising deal. The surprising deal is I’m in ECW commentating a Glacier match. I mean what are the odds?”

ECW vs. NWO Match One
Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido and Mike Awesome) vs. X-Factor (X-Pac, Justin Credible) and an unannounced member of NWO Japan

Joey Styles: Justin Credible spit on the faces on not only Lance Storm and Mike Awesome, but on the faces of all of you ECW fans when he betrayed Total Impact the night the NWO invaded ECW. Now that Sean Waltman has finally decided on what to call himself, it seems like taking on the new Total Impact, Lance Storm, Chris Candido and Mike Awesome will be the X-Factor of the NWO, which is X-Pac and Credible. But we don’t know the third man, all we’ve been told is that it’s a member of NWO Japan. I wish we could get past the late 90s already with this.”

ECW vs. NWO Match Two
Kurt Angle and The Eliminators vs. The Outsiders and Sean O’Haire

Joey Styles: “This is the big one. Kevin Nash and Scott Hall had cost Kurt Angle the WCW World Championship at Slamboree last month and a rematch as well. That combined with Sean O’Haire’s defection to the NWO forced Angle to seek out assistance, and instead of looking for a pair of WCW guys, went to the two guys who could eliminate the NWO for good! Angle and The Eliminators teamed up before, defeating the first version of Total Impact at Barely Legal II. And you can be damn sure I’ll be rooting them to break Nash, Hall and O’Haire’s ankles tomorrow night too!”

ECW World Television Championship
Eddie Guerrero © vs. Rob Van Dam

Joey Styles: Eddie Guerrero returned to the big leagues at Barely Legal II and immediately captured the ECW World Television Championship. After surviving a challenge from Rey Mysterio Jr., then subsequently having him get taken out by the FBI, it looked like there was no one to challenge him for the TV title. Enter Rob Van Dam. RVD was quick to remind everyone that not only was he the longest reigning TV Champion of all-time, but he never lost that title in the ring. Guerrero vs. RVD is considered a dream match in my opinion and I predict we’ll be talking about it for a long time!”

Born To Be Wired: ECW World Championship
Brock Lesnar © vs. Sabu

Joey Styles: “Thanks to Sabu and Rob Van Dam’s victory at Slamboree over Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin, Sabu was able to decide the stipulation for this match against Brock. In carrying a barbed wire chair around, the match stipulation was made clear: a no rope barbed wire match. Sabu won his second and most recent ECW World Championship in 1997 in this exact type of a match against Terry Funk in a match some said was too extreme for ECW. Can Lesnar find a way to survive this one?”

Current Prediction Contest Standings

@DGenerationMC 470
@Dubble J 457
@Roy Mustang 346
Wolfbeast: 140
@BattleTank : 60
Daken: 60
@Tyronesaurus24 60

Prediction points act like votes for the voting PPVs coming up (1st one: Cyberslam at the end of August 2002 BTB time). Whomever is leading at that point will get 3x their point amount in votes to use. 2nd place gets 2x. 3rd will get 1.5x Everyone else will get the amount they have earned. Anyone voting without prediction points gets 10.

Reminder for scoring there is a +25 bonus for having the highest score for the show.

I plan to post this show no earlier than 12/11.

Hardcore Heaven 2002 – Prediction Contest

Born to Be Wired: ECW World Championship

Brock Lesnar © vs. Sabu
(20 Points)

(20 Points)

NWO vs. ECW
Kurt Angle and The Eliminators (Perry Saturn and John Kronus) vs. Sean O’Haire and The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall)
(15 Points)

NWO vs. ECW
Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido and Mike Awesome) vs. X-Factor (X-Pac and Justin Credible) and an unnamed member of NWO Japan
(10 Points)

Six Man Tag Team War
Raven, Malice and Glacier vs. The Unholy Alliance (Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri)
(10 Points)

(10 Points)

Revenge
The Full-Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Big Daddy Vincenzo, Sal E. Graziano and Tracy Smothers) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley
(10 Points)

Special Attraction
(5 Points)​

Reactions: Stojy

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar ©
vs. Sabu

NWO vs. ECW

Kurt Angle and The Eliminators (Perry Saturn and John Kronus) vs. Sean O’Haire and The Outsiders (Kevin Nash and Scott Hall)

NWO vs. ECW

Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido and Mike Awesome) vs. X-Factor (X-Pac and Justin Credible) and an unnamed member of NWO Japan

Six Man Tag Team War

Raven, Malice and Glacier vs. The Unholy Alliance (Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri)

AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn ©
vs. Kid Kash and Jamie Noble

Revenge
The Full-Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Big Daddy Vincenzo, Sal E. Graziano and Tracy Smothers) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley

Special Attraction

DGenerationMC

Reaction score
Brock Lesnar ©
vs. Sabu
(20 Points)

Eddie Guerrero © vs. Rob Van Dam (DRAW)

(20 Points)

NWO vs. ECW
(15 Points)

NWO vs. ECW
Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido and Mike Awesome)
vs. X-Factor (X-Pac and Justin Credible) and an unnamed member of NWO Japan
(10 Points)

Six Man Tag Team War
Raven, Malice and Glacier
vs. The Unholy Alliance (Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri)
(10 Points)

(10 Points)

Revenge
(10 Points)

Special Attraction
Jinsei Shinzaki
vs. Shelton Benjamin
(5 Points)

The ScapeDubb

Cry me a river
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
jeffjarrett
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
ZIF7zVA
Favorite Wrestler
sting
Favorite Wrestler
ddp
Favorite Sports Team
carolinahurricanes
Favorite Sports Team
xjczadG
Hardcore Heaven 2002 – Prediction Contest

Brock Lesnar ©
vs. Sabu
(20 Points)
It's been a fun feud but it's going to be someone a little more special than Sabu to knock off Lesnar.

(20 Points)
Could go either way here but I'll take RVD getting some gold.

NWO vs. ECW
(15 Points)
Hoping that the freshly turned and recently nWo joined O'Haire will be getting the rub here.

NWO vs. ECW
Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido and Mike Awesome)
vs. X-Factor (X-Pac and Justin Credible) and an unnamed member of NWO Japan
(10 Points)
My brain tells me to pick X-Factor because of the mystery member...but its also got X-Pac and Justin Credible...and the other team has Lance Storm and Mike Awesome... so I am going with my heart.

Six Man Tag Team War
Raven, Malice and Glacier
vs. The Unholy Alliance (Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck and Tajiri)
(10 Points)
I love everyone on this team. Please don't lose.

(10 Points)

Revenge
(10 Points)

Special Attraction
(5 Points)

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

hardcoreheaven02.jpg

ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2002
June 9, 2002
UIC Pavilion
Chicago, IL

Joey Styles: “Tonight, it’s a Barbed Wire Match for the ECW World Championship! I’m Joey Styles alongside former two-time ECW World Champion Tazz. Tonight, ECW World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar takes on the Homicidal, Suicidal, Genocidal Sabu with the title on the line!”

Tazz: Joey, I’ve wrestled Lesnar. And of course Sabu was one of my greatest rivals. In any other type of match I feel Sabu would have had a lot of trouble taking down Lesnar…but in a Barbed Wire Match? Brock’s in trouble Joey.”

Joey Styles: “The New World Order is here as well Tazz. They invaded RISE just 10 days ago and have accepted ECW’s challenges.

Tazz: Nash, Hall, O’Haire. These guys think they’re tough. Well we’re going to find out tonight brother, that’s for sure!”

Stayin’ Alive by the Beegees with rapping vocals by N-Trance plays as the Full-Blooded Italians hit the ring!

“Where’s my pizza!”
*Clap Clap Clap*
“Where’s my pizza!”

*Clap Clap Clap*

The crowd roars as Metallica’s version of Enter Sandman plays! Through the crowd, it’s The Sandman, Spike Dudley, Tommy Dreamer with Billy Kidman and Rey Mysterio Jr.! Look like Kidman brought someone along with him that has the crowd…excited is the word we’ll use.

Joey Styles: “Well, it looks like Torrie Wilson quickly figured out what ECW is all about!”

Tazz: “My god what a real tomato!”

The bikini-clad Torrie grabs a beer from the Sandman…and drinks it Sandman style while standing on the railing! The entire song plays through as the ten man tag starts.

The Full-Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Tracy Smothers, Big Daddy Vincenzo and Big Sal E. Graziano) vs. Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Spike Dudley and Tommy Dreamer

The FBI attack but all five are countered by their respective target! Sandman cracks Graziano with a Singapore Cane, then Dreamer does the same to Vincenzo! Triple dropkick knock Smothers, Mamaluke and Guido to the outside. Spike and Rey come off the top rope with dives on Guido and Mamaluke in stereo with Kidman hitting Smothers with a springboard Shooting Star Press! In the ring Graziano heads to the outside and sends Kidman flying into railing, but the Sandman decides to fly himself with the ugliest looking Somersault Plancha you’d ever see, but he catches Sal nonetheless! Dreamer jabs at Vincenzo inside the ring, but runs into a sidewalk slam. Massive 500-pound elbow drop squashes Dreamer! 1…2…Spike dives off the top rope to break up the pin.

Vincenzo gets a laugh as little Spike Dudley attacking him. Spike hits a couple of forearms that have no effect, then runs right into the monster, who throws Spike on his back for a Samoan drop. Vincenzo is distracted though as Torrie Wilson gets on the apron! Vincenzo drops Spike and approaches, only to get his with stereo missile dropkicks from Rey and Kidman! Vincenzo stumbles backwards and Spike hits him with a low blow, followed by the Acid Drop! Guido, Mamaluke and Smothers get back into the ring to avoid the pin and attack Kidman, Spike and Rey. As that happens Sandman levels Sal with a chairshot on the outside. The FBI have an advantage momentarily on the inside before Sandman cracks Guido, Mamaluke and Smothers with Singapore Cane shots! Smothers stumbles into Dreamer, and Dreamer plants him with the Death Valley Driver! Rey leaps onto the apron and gets Mamaluke with a springboard hurricanrana! Sandman sets Guido up and hits the White Russian Legsweep as Kidman heads to the top rope…Shooting Star Press! 1…2…3!

Winners: The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, Spike Dudley, Rey Mysterio Jr. and Kidman when Kidman pinned Little Guido in 6:31

The winning team celebrate some more as the fans chant for Torrie. Torrie obliges with dance and the crowd goes nuts!

Tazz: “My god Joey I know this is ECW but can we even air this!”

Joey Styles: “Enjoy it while it lasts partner, we have a long night ahead of us!”

Paul Heyman: “You know, as I think about the years, the decade, that Extreme Championship Wrestling has existed on this earth. I always knew we had to be something different to make it. To survive. Perhaps it didn’t end up completely going the way I envisioned it, being run by a McMahon and all, but hey, we got farther than we had any right to. But to get to this point I needed special attractions, something that would catch the casual viewer’s eye whether they watched wrestling or not. And man was Sabu that guy. Here’s a guy with scars all over his body, with permanent burns etched into his skin. I went up and beyond to make sure Sabu had a home in ECW. But you see that was the 90s. Shock TV was all the rage. We’re a couple years into this new millennium and the whole over the top with violence, it’s not as unique anymore. That’s not extreme. What’s extreme is a 275-pound monster who can move as fast as anyone. An athlete who can literally rip someone’s body in-half. Eventually the fans, Stephanie, they’ll realize that ECW has to go through Brock Lesnar to thrive. You’ll all see that the likes of Sabu represent yesterday’s news. Brock Lesnar is the athlete of today. Brock Lesnar will rip Sabu into pieces using the very barbed wire that Sabu thinks is to his favor. Over the lifespan of ECW, Sabu has proven to be homicidal and genocidal no doubt. But tonight, he’s proven himself to be suicidal as well. Good luck Sabu and thank you for everything you’ve done for ECW. You’ve sacrificed your health and body over and over. But thank you for sacrificing your career tonight. I, and Brock, truly appreciate it.”

Both men circle on another as Benjamin has a confident smirk on his face. Shinzaki fires a kick but Benjamin keeps his distance. They lock-up and Benjamin gets a side headlock. They transition into hammerlocks before Benjamin hits an armdrag. Benjamin runs at Shinzaki who ends up hitting an armdrag of his own. Side headlock from Shinzaki and Benjamin sends him off the ropes. Shinzaki knocks him down and comes off the ropes again. Leapfrog from Benjamin followed by a hip toss! Benjamin looks to cover but Shinzaki lifts up both of his feet and knocks Benjamin down. Both men get up quickly and in a fighting stance. Both men hit the ropes and Shinzaki hits Benjamin with a spinning heel kick! Shinzaki runs at Benjamin, but Benjamin backdrops him over the top rope and onto the floor. Benjamin comes off the ropes and hits Shinzaki with a baseball slide that sends him into the guardrail. Benjamin leaps onto the apron, only to dive off, missing Shinzaki and hitting the guardrail chin-first! Shinzaki slides into the ring and comes off the ropes…and he leaps over with a Space Flying Tiger Drop that hits the target!

Shinzaki rolls Benjamin in and quickly covers, 1…2…Benjamin kicks out. Shinzaki chops at Benjamin in the corner, before bringing him out and setting him up for a powerbomb. Benjamin rolls over Shinzaki and hits an armdrag. Shinzaki catches the following kick, but Benjamin connects with the enzugiri! Cover from Benjamin, 1…2…Shinzaki kicks out. Benjamin comes off the ropes and Shinzaki misses the clothesline, then catches Benjamin on the way back with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker! Shinzaki drags Benjamin to the corner and climbs onto the turnbuckles, but misses a Vader Bomb! Shinzaki rolls to the outside and Benjamin comes flying over with a somersault Plancha! Benjamin slams Shinzaki into the apron before sliding him into the ring. Benjamin leaps over the top rope and Shinzaki with a sunset flip, but Shinzaki holds onto the top rope and prevents being rolled over. Shinzaki punches away at Benjamin then hooks the leg. No count as they’re in the ropes. Shinzaki whips Benjamin off the ropes but Benjamin ducks the clothesline. Benjamin comes flying back with a leg lariat, but Shinzaki blocks and drivers Benjamin straight down! 1…2…Benjamin kicks out.

Shinzaki looks to finish this as he suplexes Benjamin. Shinzaki heads to the top rope and begins his praying motion…but Benjamin is up in a mere moment and leaps up to meet Shinzaki on the top rope. They punch away at one another, but Benjamin gets the advantage and hits a superplex! Benjamin tries to float over and somewhat does, 1…2…Shinzaki kicks out. Benjamin sends Shinzaki off the ropes and goes for the backdrop, but Shinzaki puts on the brakes and powerbombs Benjamin right in the center of the ring! Instead of going for the cover, Shinzaki heads to the top rope once again. He completes the Praying motion this time…and hits the Flying Headbutt! 1…2…Benjamin kicks out to Shinzaki’s shock! Shinzaki picks Benjamin up and sets him up for another powerbomb, but Benjamin counters into the Northern Lights suplex! 1…2…Shinzaki kicks out. Shinzaki hits a back kick, then comes off the ropes. Shinzaki cartwheels towards Benjamin, but Benjamin quickly grapples him and plants him with the T-Bone Suplex! 1…2…3!

Winner: Shelton Benjamin via pinfall in 12:03

Shelton Benjamin
audibly exclaims “I told you so” as he walks up the ramp victorious.

Joey Styles:
“Let’s go back to RISE just 10 days ago. With the New World Order running roughshod over the ECW locker room Total Impact came out to restore order. It was then when Justin Credible, a former ECW World Champion himself mind you, turned his back on Total Impact when he whacked Lance Storm with his kendo stick. Two days later Chris Candido showed up on Hardcore TV offering his help to Total Impact against the NWO. Triple H told Credible and Sean Waltman, X-Pac, that thanks to the divorce settlement money he’s receiving from ECW Owner Stephanie McMahon, he’s been able to relaunch NWO Japan and a member of that organization will team up with Waltman and Credible. Let’s see what happens!”

The new Total Impact, Mike Awesome, Lance Storm and Chris Candido (as well as Dawn Marie) make their way to the ring. X-Pac and Justin Credible are back using the What You Lookin’ At?by Uncle Kracker.

“ECW!”

“ECW!”
“ECW!”

“ECW!”

X-Pac and Justin Credible
look confident though, and when their teammate comes out, the passionate ECW crowd switch to a new chant…

Joey Styles: “My god Tazz, that’s The Great Muta! Former NWA World and All Japan Pro Wrestling Triple Crown Champion!”

“HOLY SHIT!”
“HOLY SHIT!”
“HOLY SHIT!”

“HOLY SHIT!”

Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido and Mike Awesome) w/Dawn Marie vs. The New World Order (X-Pac, Justin Credible and The Great Muta)

Lance Storm dares Justin Credible to stand face to face with him in the center of the ring. Credible stands right up in his face. Credible shoves Storm and gets a slap in the face in return! Credible and Storm go at one another before Storm takes him down. Storm continues to punch away at Credible before Credible slides to the outside and regroups behind his corner. Chris Candido calms Storm down before making a tag. Credible tags in X-Pac as well. X-Pac keeps his distance before running at Candido, but Candido gets a hip toss. Big slam from Candido. Candido misses a running elbow drop and X-Pac stomps away. Candido counters an Irish Whip and hits X-Pac with a Belly-to-Belly Suplex! Cover, 1…2…Credible runs in and breaks it up. Candido takes a shot at Credible, but Muta kicks Candido in the head from the apron and X-Pac takes him down with a flying lariat!

X-Pac props Candido up in the corner and hits a couple of hard kicks, followed by a spinning back jump kick that drops Candido. X-Pac dances around the ring before giving Dawn Marie the “Suck It” gesture…then hits Candido with a Bronco Buster! Credible is tagged back in and he stomps away at Candido in the corner. Credible goes for a superkick, but Candido ducks out of the way, then catches Credible with a full rotation powerslam! Candido crawls over to his corner and makes the tag to Mike Awesome…while Credible tags out to the Great Muta! Muta and Awesome circle around one another before Muta begins to fire kicks. Awesome backs away but Muta catches him with a high kick nonetheless. Muta kicks Awesome in the corner, then whips him off the ropes. Awesome runs right over Muta on the way back! X-Pac runs in to attack Awesome, but Awesome sees him and X-Pac backs away. Muta kicks Awesome in the back, but when he jumps at him Awesome counters with an overhead belly-to-belly suplex! Both Credible and X-Pac come into the ring and nails Awesome with X Marks the Spot! Storm and Candido attack X-Factor and the brawl is on!

As Candido, Storm, X-Pac and Credible fight on the outside, Muta traps Awesome in the corner and hits stiff kicks and crescent shots to the throat. Awesome counters an Irish whip, but Muta rolls under a clothesline and catches Awesome with a dropkick. Muta whips Awesome off the ropes. Muta leapfrogs over Awesome…but Awesome leaps over the top rope with a suicide dive that takes out all four of the other competitors, although it looks like he mostly missed Storm. Storm comes around the ring and tries to superkick Muta, but Muta was ready for it and he blocks, then trips Storm. Muta runs at Storm but Storm backdrops him over the top rope onto Awesome! Storm turns around right into a Justin Credible kendo stick shot! Cover, 1…2…Storm kicks out! Credible hits Storm with a spinning DDT and covers again, 1…2…another kickout from Lance Storm. Storm counters an Irish whip into the corner and Credible flips over the top rope…and Storm hits a dropkick that sends Credible flying into the guardrail! X-Pac jumps Storm behind and locks in the Buzzkiller! (There’s a move we haven’t seen in a long time!) Candido slides in and stomps away on X-Pac to force him to break the hold. Candido kicks X-Pac and sets him up for a powerbomb or piledriver…when Muta gets up on the apron and hits him with the Green Mist!

Muta stomps away on Candido who rolls out of the ring. Dawn Marie tends ho him and hops onto the apron, only to get hit with the Green Mist! Storm comes off the top rope with a flying spinkick that sends Muta flying! Justin Credible attacks Storm from behind then sets him up for That’s Incredible…but Awesome knocks them both down. Awesome has had a table set-up on the outside and he grabs Credible. Credible realizes he has nowhere to go as Awesome sets him up and Storm assists…he’s Awesome Bombed through the table on the outside! Awesome hits Muta with a flying tackle as Storm drags Credible back into the ring and makes the cover, 1…2…3!

Winners: Total Impact when Lance Storm pinned Justin Credible in 15:54

Joey Styles:
“Damn right! Total Impact has sent a message to the New World Order tonight!”

X-Pac collects Justin Credible as Lance Storm and Mike Awesome tend to Dawn Marie and Chris Candido. The Great Muta still looks like he wants to fight, although X-Pac convinces him otherwise.

We cut to a dark room, where in the darkness we see two women, although it’s unclear who they are…

“Heheeheehahahahahaheeehaaa”

One of the women shrieks loudly…and the camera zooms in and we see that she has purple eyeliner…and now it’s clear that it’s Daffney. The camera pans away towards a sign that reads Daffney & Victoria: A Horror Show Coming To You.

We hear one last shriek before we come back to live action…

Kash and Noble attack the champions right away, with Noble stomping away at Styles in one corner and Kash pounding on Lynn in the other. Styles fires back at Noble and catches him with a kick to the side of the head. Kash misses a clothesline on Styles, and Styles catches him with a single leg dropkick. Lynn clotheslines Noble down. Lynn sends Noble to the outside as Styles kicks Kash in the corner. Lynn flies over the top rope and takes out Noble with a dive! Styles leapfrogs over Kash, then catches him with a beautiful dropkick! Styles leaps over the top rope onto the apron, just to springboard back in with a twisting splash on Kash! Cover, 1…2…Kash kicks out. Styles sends Kash on the ropes and hits a drop toe hold and Kash retreats under the bottom rope to the outside. Styles gives Kash no time to breathe though as he jumps to the outside and takes him out with a springboard Asai Moonsault!

Lynn brings Noble back into the ring and kicks Noble in the corner. He gets Noble up for a vertical suplex, but changes it up midway and drops Noble with a neckbreaker. Kash has gotten the upperhand on Styles on the outside as he stunguns Styles across the railing. Kash gets up on the apron, but Lynn leaps off the second rope and knocks Kash right off with a triangle dropkick. Noble is backed into the corner and Lynn monkeyflips him out, sending Noble across the ring! Lynn props Noble on the top rope then climbs up himself…and takes Noble out with a Flying Bulldog! Cover, 1…2…Kash drags Lynn out of the ring and slams him into the railing. Styles leaps onto the apron and dives at Kash, but Kash moves out of the way and Styles crashes onto the floor! Kash rolls Styles into the ring and then pulls Noble to his corner to make a tag.

Joey Styles: “Oh now tags suddenly matter!”

Kash chops Styles then takes him down with a snapmare…followed by a stiff kick to the back! Cover from Kash, 1…2…Styles kicks out. Kash stomps on Styles a bit more before coming off the ropes and hitting him with a somersault legdrop. Kash pounds on Styles’ back then plants him with a bridging German suplex! 1…2…Styles just kicks out. Kash sends Styles off the ropes and catches him with a tilt-a-whirl backbreaker as the challengers have complete control of the match. Kash tags in Noble. Double headbutt followed by a double chop from Noble and Kash. Noble sends Styles off the ropes and takes him out with a flying leg lariat! Another cover, 1…2…Styles kicks out again, showing a lot of resilience. Noble locks Styles’ arm in a weird variation of a headlock and shoulder trap before suplexing Styles over his head! Cover again, 1…2…Styles just gets the shoulder up as Jerry Lynn gets hyped on the apron, begging to get back in there. Noble locks in a side headlock and Styles is able to send him off the ropes and catch him with with a leaping enzugiri! Styles crawls over to Lynn, but Noble tags in Kash and Kash runs over and knocks Lynn off the apron!

Kash chokes Styles in the corner before lifting him up for a belly-to-back suplex. Kash holds him up there before releasing the suplex as opposed to driving Styles down. Kash mocks Styles as Styles slowly gets to his feet…and Kash knocks him right back down with a springboard dropkick! Figure-four from Kash and Styles is in a lot of trouble here! Styles screams in pain as Lynn yells at him not to give up! The crowd gets behind Styles as he turns the Figure-Four around and puts the pressure on Kash! Eventually they break free of one another, but Kash is smart enough to rehook Styles’ leg and make a tag to Noble. Noble elbowdrops Styles in the back of the head. Noble props Styles back up in the corner and kicks away at him before hitting him with chops. He sends Styles off the ropes and knocks him right back down with a double axe to the chest! Noble puts Styles in the tree of woe, then heads to the outside and pulls Styles’ neck back! Kash jumps into the ring and dropkicks Styles’ exposed midsection! Boston Crab from Noble and Styles is barely moving at this point. Noble releases and stomps on Styles’ back. Noble sends Styles off the ropes, but Styles ducks a clothesline then comes flying back with a flying forearm! Styles again crawls towards Lynn to make the big tag…but Kash runs into the ring to attack Lynn again. Lynn nails Kash with a straight shot to the face. Styles dives and makes the tag to Lynn!

Lynn punches away at Kash, then knocks Noble down. Dropkick sends Kash to the apron, then Lynn nails Noble with a back elbow. Lynn boots Noble and plants him with a DDT. Lynn then dives over the top rope and over Kash who’s still on the apron, getting a sunset flip through the timekeeper’s table! Lynn is slow to get up and Noble dives through the ropes to take him out. Styles, still struggling to get back to a vertical base, suddenly finds a second wind and backflips over the top rope hitting Noble with the Fosbury Flop! All four men are out on the outside, although Lynn is the first to get to his feet. Lynn slides Noble back in and Styles gets back on the apron. Lynn hits Noble with an inverted atomic drop and holds him in place as Styles hits a springboard forearm! Cover by Lynn, 1…2…Kash pulls Lynn to the outside just in time to break up the count. Kash runs in and chopblocks Styles. Noble gets back to his feet and sets Styles up, and plants him with a Tiger Powerbomb! 1…2..Lynn slides in and dropkicks Noble in the face to break up the count!

Lynn and Kash trade shots. Kash tries to pick up Lynn, but Lynn slides behind him and drops him with a reverse DDT! Lynn sends Kash back to the outside, then hits him with a baseball slide! As Lynn and Kash fight on the outside again Noble tries to powerbomb Styles again, but Styles counters by landing on his feet and hitting Noble with a high kick to the side of the head. Styles springboard backflips over Noble and drops him with his own reverse DDT! On the outside Kash reverses a whip and sends Lynn into the guardrail, then throws a chair at his face for good measure! Kash heads to the top rope, where he hits a double jump corkscrew bodypress on Styles! Kash sets Styles up and plants him with the Money Maker (double underhook piledriver). Kash goes for the cover, but Lynn comes off the top with a flying legdrop to stop him!

Noble gets a fireman’s carry but then hits a double knee gutbuster on Lynn. Noble covers Lynn, 1…2…Lynn kicks out. Noble sends Lynn off the ropes and goes for the backdrop, but Lynn puts on the brakes! Lynn has him set up…Cradle Piledriver! 1…2…Kash just breaks up the pin! Lynn and Kash trade shots, but Styles catches Kash in the back of the head with the Pelé Kick! Styles boots Noble and then has him setup…and plants him with the Styles Clash! Lynn tosses Kash to the outside and drags Noble to the corner as Styles heads to the top rope…Spiral Tap! 1…2…3!

Winners: Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles when Styles pinned Noble in 30:02 (Retains)

Styles and Lynn
get a standing ovation, that turns into an even bigger one when Kid Kash and Jamie Noble get back on their feet. While there’s no handshake, there’s clearly a sign of respect between these two teams who just went at it for a half-hour!

Tazz: “God damn Joey what a match we just saw!”

Joey Styles: “You’re damn right partner! What an absolute clinic from Jerry Lynn, AJ Styles, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble, giving it all they had for the ECW World Tag Team Championship!

Tazz: “I somehow don’t think we’re going to get the same deal in this next match.”

Joey Styles: “I still can’t believe I’m going to call an ECW match with Glacier in it.”

Raven and Malice
make their way to the ring first, and Raven grabs a mic.

Raven: “Tonight, it has become apparent that I’ve reached the gates of Purgatory. The souls that I’ve trapped within me fill the coldness in my heart. Tonight Mortis, judgment comes as I see fit. My heart is now as black as ice…and I promise you, my blood runs cold. Quote the Raven…Nevermore!”

The UIC Pavilion turns blue as Glacier makes his way out to the ring, although somewhat hilariously, he’s booed out of the building. Who knew ECW fans would hate a gimmick like that?

The Unholy Alliance make their way out to the ring next, with Mortis slowly walking behind The Sinister Minister, Mikey Whipwreck and Yoshihiro Tajiri.

Raven, Malice, and Glaicer vs. Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck, and Yoshihiro Tajiri

Raven sits in the corner. Mortis approaches but he’s cut off by Malice. Mortis wins that exchange with hard rights and sends Malice over the top rope with a clothesline. Whipwreck dives over the top rope onto Malice, but Malice somewhat sidesteps and Whipwreck crashes to the floor. Tajiri gets onto the apron and back kicks Malice, then hits him with a springboard Asai Moonsault. In the ring Mortis eyes Raven, who’s still sitting in the corner, but Glacier steps in between them. Glacier attacks but Mortis gets the upperhand easily, punching and kicking Glacier in the corner. Mortis tries a high chop that’s blocked by Glacier. Glacier tries a roundhouse kick that’s ducked by Mortis, then Mortis hops over a sweep attempt. Mortis grabs a straight side kick from Glacier and lays him out with a superkick.

Mortis puts Glacier in the fireman’s carry, sends him high up and drops him face-first on the top turnbuckle! Mortis sets up Glacier for the Flatliner, but now Raven attacks and pounds away on Mortis. Raven kicks Mortis low and plants him with the Evenflow DDT! Raven covers, 1…and that’s it as Mortis powers out! Mortis grabs Raven and Raven tries to get out of the ring, and Malice slides in with a chairshot to the back to make the save! Tajiri and Whipwreck slide in and dropkick the chair in Malice’s face, sending him and Raven scurrying out of the ring and up the ramp. Glacier tries a superkick to Tajiri, but Tajiri ducks and hits a Buzzsaw Kick of his own that staggers Glacier. Whipwreck puts Glacier on the second rope…and comes down with a Whippersnapper! Raven and Malice watch from the entrance as The Sinister Minister slides in a table. Whipwreck and Tajiri set it up as Mortis carries Glacier in the samoan drop position. Mortis climbs to the second rope and samoan drops Glacier through the table! Mortis covers Glacier, 1…2…3!

Winners: Mortis, Tajiri and Mikey Whipwreck in 5:57 when Mortis pinned Glacier

Raven and Malice
watch in horror at the entrance as The Sinister Minister heeds a warning! “Your time is coming Raven!”

Joey Styles: “I can’t believe that of all the WCW hacks Raven could come up with to help him he picked Glacier. Glacier! I know Mortis and Glacier have had their issues in the past but I mean come on, Glacier?!”

Tazz: “I don’t know what’s going through that crazy mind of Raven’s, Joey. But you know he has to have a plan…hey Joey what’s going on?”

Joey Styles: “Hey that’s Regal! And Finlay? These two were just beating the crap out of one another a few weeks ago!”

As the Unholy Alliance walked up the entrance and were about to exit, Tajiri was jumped by Finlay! William Regal blasted Mikey Whipwreck with brass knuckles before doing the same to The Sinister Minister! Finlay and Regal take Tajiri and run as Mortis goes after them…walking right into an attack by Malice and Raven! Malice slams Mortis into some backstage equipment before Raven hooks him and plants him on the concrete floor with an Evenflow DDT!

Tajiri
tries to fight Finlay and Regal, but Finlay stuffs him in the trunk of their car and Regal drives off!

Joey Styles:
“What the hell was that?”

Tazz: “I know William Regal was frustrated about Tajiri after all he’s done for him, but that seemed like a little much Joey. And he’s got Finlay back in the fold?”

Joey Styles: “I guess we’ll get an update on Nitro or RISE, but I can’t help but feel like Raven is playing with fire. Nevertheless we have to move on, and coming up next, we saw a preview earlier, the NWO continues its attack, its invasion of ECW. But can Sean O’Haire? Can the Outsiders? Can they deal with one of the greatest teams in ECW history in the Eliminators…and with one pissed off former world champion in Kurt Angle? We’re about to find out!”

“Ready Or Not” by the Fugees
plays as the New World Order: The Outsiders and Sean O’Haire make their way to the ring. While Nash and Hall clearly have their confident strut down, O’Haire still looks somewhat awkward coming down to the ring as part of the group. Scott Hall grabs a mic.

Scott Hall: “Hey yo.”

“I know this is the big-time ECW…ooooo…but regardless, we have to do a little survey. Are you here to see these freaks here in ECW?...”

“Or are you here to see the N…W…O?!”

The ferocity of the crowd’s response even silences Scott Hall.

“ECW!”
“ECW!”
“ECW!”

“ECW!”

Scott Hall:
“Heh, whatever man.”

At that moment, the crowd erupts…it’s not Kurt Angle…it’s the BLUE WORLD ORDER in the house!

Joey Styles: “Oh man. You know the BWO was taken out by the NWO on RISE as well. Maybe it’s revenge time? It’s Big Stevie Cool...Da Blue Guy…and what’s Nova’s pants say…Simon “The Wig” O’Hair?”

Big Stevie Cool: “You’ve disrespected ECW for the last time! You’ve disrespected the Blue World Order for the last time! You need to know there’s no place for you here, because WE’RE TAKING OVER!”

Da Blue Guy: “Say hello to DA BLUE GUY! And let me introduce you to my new partner….Simon “The Wig” O’Hair!

Before “The Wig” can say anything Sean O’Haire attacks The Blue Meanie, before a full scale beatdown of the BWO commences. Scott Hall plants “The Wig” with an Outsiders’ Edge…but that’s when things get serious. A mash-up of “Medal” and “Total Elimination” plays as Kurt Angle and The Eliminators walk down to the ring!

“Angle’s Gonna Kill You!”

Kurt Angle and The Eliminators (John Kronus and Perry Saturn) vs. The New World Order (Sean O’Haire, Kevin Nash and Scott Hall)

The Outsiders back away, but O’Haire jumps right at Angle, Saturn and Kronus and the match is on! Nash and Hall drag Saturn and Kronus to the outside as O’Haire and Angle trade rights in the ring! O’Haire misses a wild punch and Angle quickly gets a German suplex! Hall comes in and gets a couple of punches, but he too misses a roundhouse right and Angle hits him with a German suplex as well! Nash runs over Angle with a clothesline to the back of the head. Saturn and Kronus attack Nash. Nash slugs Saturn away, then hits Kronus with a big forearm. Angle tackles Nash into the corner and punches away at him. Kronus comes back with a garbage can and puts it on Nash, then Saturn comes flying in with a spinning heel kick that sends Nash, still wearing the garbage can, flying to the outside! O’Haire grabs Kronus by the arm, but Kronus ducks the clothesline and gets a superkick that sends O’Haire to the outside as well. Kronus climbs to the top rope, then leaps hits Nash and O’Haire with a moonsault all the way to the floor!

Scott Hall knocks Angle down from behind, then trades blows with Saturn. Saturn punches away at Hall, but Saturn misses one and Hall gets him back with a discus punch of his own. Hall sends Saturn off the ropes and hits a back body drop. Angle grabs Hall from behind and hits him with another German suplex, but Nash comes in with that same garbage can from earlier and wipes out Angle. Nash hits Angle with a knee to the midsection, then lifts him up and hits snake eyes! Nash comes off the ropes and nails Angle with a big boot! Cover, 1…2…Angle kicks out. On the outside O’Haire slams Kronus into the guardrail, then hits him with a roundhouse kick that sends him into the crowd. In the ring Nash pounds away on Angle before hitting him with a massive Sidewalk slam! Another cover, 1…2…Angle kicks out again.

Nash calls for the end and sets Angle up for the Jackknife, but Angle rolls over with a sunset flip, then quickly grabs the ankle for the Ankle Lock! Nash flails like a fish trying to get out of the ring and Hall grabs his arm trying to pull him out, but Angle won’t let go. O’Haire climbs up to the top rope and comes down on Angle with a flying knee drop to break the grapevine on the Ankle Lock! O’Haire puts Angle on his shoulders for the Prophecy, but Angle breaks free and whips O’Haire into the corner. O’Haire leaps up to the top rope and backflips over Angle, then hits Angle with an elbow to the midsection and a kneelift. O’Haire turns around and Saturn launches himself off the top rope and gets a flying bodypress! 1…2…O’Haire kicks out. O’Haire lunges at Saturn, but Saturn catches the arm and drives O’Haire down…locking him in the Rings of Saturn! O’Haire screams in pain, refusing to give up! Nash tries to get back into the ring, but Angle pulls him down the apron and prevents any help. Hall attacks Angle from behind and the Outsiders double-team him as O’Haire is still trapped in the hold!

Hall slides in and stomps on Saturn repeatedly to help O’Haire escape, but clearly damage has been done. Nash and Angle fight on the outside, but Nash is able to stungun Angle into the steel guardrail as they continue to brawl up the entrance way. Kronus runs into the ring and tries a bodypress to Hall, but Hall catches him and hits a Fall Away Slam. Saturn quickly hooks Hall and hits him with the Moss-Covered Three-Handled Family Gradunza! On the outside Nash and Angle continue to fight on the stage. Angle has Nash staggered, but he misses a charge and Nash sends him into the ECW set, knocking most of it down! Nash then boots Angle and sets him up, he’s at the edge of the stage! Nash jackknife powerbombs Angle off the stage through several tables 10-12 feet below!

Joey Styles:
“Oh My God!”

Saturn and Kronus pound away on O’Haire in the ring before hitting a double front kick…then taking him out with Total Elimination! Saturn covers, 1…2…Hall breaks up the three! Kronus and Saturn look to take out Hall the same way. Kronus comes off the ropes but Hall ducks and Kronus nails Saturn with a spinning heel kick by accident! Hall kicks Kronus and sets him up…planting him with the Outsiders’ Edge! Saturn tries to get back in the ring but Nash has come back down and drags him out. Nash beats the hell out of Saturn on the outside as Hall gives Kronus to O’Haire. O’Haire has Kronus up and slams him right down with the Prophecy! The fans want the Seanton Bomb, but O’Haire has no interest in giving them what they want as he covers Kronus, 1…2…3!

Winners: Sean O’Haire, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall when O’Haire pinned John Kronus in 15:42

Joey Styles:
“I have to say I can’t help but be disappointed in the result here Tazz.”

Tazz: “I understand Joey. Look, they’re getting the stretcher for Angle. He took a nasty fall off that stage. Considering Nash’s height, he probably went flying 15 feet or so.”

Joey Styles: “One day we’ll get this damn NWO.”

Kurt Angle is stretchered out as Saturn and Kronus slowly follow. There’s obvious disappointment that they couldn’t defend ECW tonight. ECW Owner Stephanie McMahon runs over as Angle is being wheeled into the ambulance with tears in her eyes. She asks a couple times if “Kurt is okay?” and Angle does seem to give her a thumbs up.

Tazz:
“Well partner we still have some business left tonight, a couple of title matches.”

Joey Styles: “That we do Tazz. First of the two, the ECW World Television Championship is on the line in a match featuring, for my money, perhaps the best two athletes in the entire world. It’s Rob Van Dam challenging Eddie Guerrero!”

While Guerrero comes out to his old WCW theme, Rob Van Dam comes out to Kilgore’s version of “Walk”!

“RE-

“-SEPCT!”
“WALK!””

“WHAT DID YOU SAY?”

Eddie Guerrero © vs. Rob Van Dam (w/Bill Alfonso)

Guerrero cockily gets in RVD’s face as they stand toe-to-toe. RVD has one response to that as he does his “Rob Van Dam” taunt. Guerrero piefaces RVD and RVD knocks him down with a forearm! Guerrero sends RVD off the ropes but RVD runs right over him with a shoulder tackle. Quick cover, 1…2…Guerrero quickly kicks out. Guerrero gets a side headlock but RVD sends him off the ropes. RVD does a split which Guerrero leaps and rolls over, but he ends up just turning around into a clothesline! Another quick cover from RVD, 1…2…Guerrero kicks out again! Guerrero off the ropes, and RVD catches him with a full rotation powerslam! One more cover, 1…2…Guerrero kicks out again and slides to the outside in frustration. RVD doesn’t give Guerrero any time to rest as he hits him with a baseball slide! RVD sends Guerrero into the guardrail, but Guerrero moves out of the way when RVD leaps at him. RVD crashes into the guardrail and Guerrero hooks him up and tries to suplex him on the floor, but RVD blocks and impales Guerrero on the guardrail. RVD leaps onto the apron as Bill Alfonso puts a chair on Guerrero’s back. Spinning heel kick off the apron hits the chair and Guerrero on the guardrail!

RVD rolls back into the ring as Guerrero writhes in pain on the floor. Guerrero struggles to get to his feet as RVD hits the ropes and comes flying over the top rope with a somersault Plancha…only Guerrero grabbed Alfonso and put him in the way! RVD takes out his manager to his horror, but before he can do anything Guerrero smashes him over the head with a chair! Guerrero gets back into the ring as RVD looks to be out on the floor. Guerrero grabs hold of the top rope and hits a senton from inside the ring over the top rope onto RVD’s prone body on the floor! Guerrero rolls RVD back into the ring and makes the cover, 1…2…RVD kicks out. Guerrero locks in a tight rear chinlock, squeezing the life out of RVD before propping him up in the corner. Guerrero hits some stiff European uppercuts. Guerrero whips RVD into the corner, but runs into RVD’s foot when charging in! RVD leaps onto the turnbuckles but fakes a corkscrew body press…which hilariously leads to Guerrero dropping down to the canvas to avoid it. RVD just hits Guerrero with a Split-Legged Moonsault to the back instead!

RVD kicks Guerrero a couple of times in the back and then whips him into the corner. RVD follows up by monkey flipping Guerrero out of the corner! With a full head of steam RVD charges at Guerrero backed up in the corner, but Guerrero moves and RVD goes flying between the turnbuckles into the ring post. Guerrero rolls him up, 1…2…RVD kicks out. Guerrero stomps away on RVD and follows up with punches. RVD tries to fight back, but Guerrero gets a basement dropkick to the knee to send RVD back into the canvas. Guerrero quickly locks RVD in the Lasso From El Paso! RVD tries to get to the ropes, but Guerrero is able to hold RVD in place. Guerrero is close enough to the ropes though that Bill Alfonso, recovered from the earlier mishap, is able to get on the apron and blow his whistle in Guerrero’s ear! Guerrero collapses in pain as he holds his ear and Alfonso tosses RVD a chair. RVD tosses the chair at Guerrero for the Van-Daminator, but Guerrero ducks and smashes RVD over the head with it! Cover, 1…2…RVD just kicks out. Guerrero’s still distracted about earlier though as he yells at Alfonso but the whistle.

Guerrero still has control and he locks RVD in the middle of the ring in the Gory Guerrero Special! RVD has nowhere to go as Guerrero has it locked in the middle of the ring, but RVD’s flexibility allows him to unhook one of his legs, and he armdrags Guerrero to escape! Guerrero ducks a dropkick though and RVD lands in a sitting position, to which Guerrero dropkicks him in the back of the head! Eddie Guerrero says “that’s it” and quickly goes up to the top rope. He leaps but rolls through as RVD moves out of the way! RVD misses a clothesline and Guerrero gets a lucha-style roll-up, 1…2…RVD kicks out! RVD blocks a kick and hits a stepover spinning heel kick! RVD off the ropes, Rolling Thunder! 1…2…Guerrero just saves his title with a last second kickout! RVD leaps to the second rope, but Guerrero is right on him and crotches him up there, then drives him down to the canvas with a powerbomb!

Guerrero makes no attempt to pin RVD as he slowly heads to the top rope. Guerrero plays to the crowd, but the Frog Splash misses! Guerrero struggles to get to his feet and RVD does too. Guerrero tries a clothesline, but RVD ducks and hits a roundhouse kick. Now RVD heads to the top rope…Five Star Frog Splash just misses as Guerrero moves out of the way! Guerrero covers RVD and puts his feet on the ropes…1…2…Bill Alfonso shoves Guerrero’s feet off to break the count. Guerrero realizes what happened and follows Alfonso (who has another chair) around the ring. Referee is distracted by all this as Chavo Guerrero Jr. runs into the ring and plants RVD with a Tornado DDT! Alfonso eventually backs into Chavo on the outside, and Eddie shoves Alfonso down while grabbing the chair. Eddie gets ready to blast RVD with the chair to finish him off. RVD dazily gets to his feet, but ducks the chair shot and nails Eddie with the Van-Daminator! Cover, 1…2…3!

Winner: Rob Van Dam by pinfall in 23:07 (New Champion)

Chavo
collects Eddie as Eddie asks him in a daze “what the hell happened?” Rob Van Dam and Bill Alfonso celebrate as RVD has finally regained the title he never lost, the ECW World Television Championship!

Joey Styles:
“What a match-up between Rob Van Dam and Eddie Guerrero, but it was Van Dam with the victory."

Tazz: Eddie gave Van Dam everything he had and Chavo too, but it wasn’t enough Joey!

Backstage the New World Order are heading towards their stretch limo (with X-Pac claiming he got unlucky while Nash makes fun of him for losing earlier in the night) when Total Impact and Saturn jump them! A brawl breaks out with the highlight being Scott Hall being slammed into the limo by Mike Awesome! The Big Bossman is there too and tries to help before Sandman, Dreamer and Spike jump in too! Justin Credible shoots off a fire extinguisher and this allows the NWO to escape!

Joey Styles:
ECW will never give in to these punks!”

Tazz: “It looks like things between ECW and the New World Order are far from over! But we still have unfinished business left tonight Joey.”

Joey Styles: “That’s right Tazz. Coming up next is our main event. Right now the production and ring crew are taking off the ropes and adding barbed wire to replace them. Brock Lesnar has had a hell of a run as ECW World Heavyweight Champion, but I can’t help but feel he’s about to really learn what the term extreme means as he defends the ECW World Heavyweight Championship against Sabu momentarily. It’s a no-rope barbed wire match. Five years ago, Sabu won his second ECW World Heavyweight Championship in this type of match against Terry Funk. He’s an ad we used to run that showed a little bit from that match."

Sabu makes his way to the ring with Bill Alfonso, barbed wire chair in hand. Brock Lesnar makes his way out with Paul Heyman, and his ring gear is quite different than what we’re used to.

Joey Styles: “You’ve got to be kidding me, Brock Lesnar is out here in a full football uniform, pads, helmet and all!

Tazz:
“I gotta admit Joey. I don’t like Brock, but that’s a smart move!”

Ring announcer Bob Artese makes the ring introductions.

Bob Artese: “This match is your main event, and is a Barbed Wire Match for the ECW World Heavyweight Championship!

“Introducing first, accompanied to the ring by the man who calls it right down the middle, the manager of champions Bill Alfonso. Weighing in tonight at 220 pounds. From Bombay, India. He is suicidal. He is homicidal. He is genocidal. He is a former two-time ECW World Heavyweight Champion. Ladies and gentlemen, this is Sabu!”

“SABU!”
“SABU!”
“SABU!”

“SABU!”

“His opponent. At 24 years old he has taken Extreme Championship Wrestling by storm. Accompanied to the ring by the General Manager of ECW Paul Heyman. He weighs in tonight at 272 pounds. The ECW World Heavyweight Champion. This is Brock Lesnar!”

ECW World Championship – Barbed Wire Match
Brock Lesnar © w/Paul Heyman vs. Sabu w/Bill Alfonso

Despite completely dressed and geared up as a football player, helmet and all, Lesnar still feels weary about even coming close to the barbed wire. Sabu throws the barbed wire chair at Lesnar, who bats it down, but as a result allows Sabu to dive and grab Lesnar’s leg. Lesnar tries to wrestle Sabu off, but Sabu is relentless until Lesnar crashes to the mat just inches away from the wire. Sabu tries to get the football helmet off Lesnar, but Lesnar shoves him off and Sabu ends up in the wire already! A piece of the helmet broke off so Lesnar takes it off in frustration and bashes Sabu, who’s still stuck in the wire, over the head with it! Lesnar continually bashes Sabu with the helmet until the wire gives way and Sabu crashes to the floor on the outside. Lesnar follows Sabu to the outside, to which Sabu takes a piece of the wire and whips it in Lesnar’s face, with Lesnar reacting like he’s been shot! Sabu still has some wire on him as he launches his entire body at Lesnar and they crash into the guardrail! Lesnar’s already bleeding from the whip, and Sabu has cuts from several parts of his body.

Lesnar rolls Sabu back into the ring and carefully gets back in himself. Parts of the football jersey he wore to the ring has already ripped. Lesnar stomps away on Sabu but Sabu gets a lowblow! Sabu hits Lesnar with a frankensteiner, 1…2…Lesnar shoves Sabu off and Sabu goes face first into the barbed wire again! Lesnar doesn’t know what to make of this as he hits Sabu with some punches, then whips Sabu into the wire! Sabu crumbles to the canvas as Lesnar covers, 1…2…Sabu kicks out. Lesnar audibly calls Sabu a ”sick fuck” as he asks Heyman how he should finish this off. Lesnar turns his attention back to Sabu though and Sabu again tosses the barbed wire chair in Lesnar’s face! The wire definitely caught Lesnar this time! Blood drips from Lesnar’s head as Sabu dropkicks him into the corner. Sabu sets up a chair and goes for Air Sabu…only Lesnar moves and Sabu goes flying into the barbed wire and violently bounces off it!

Joey Styles:
“Oh my God! That’s…that’s how he ripped his bicep open five years ago!”

Heyman calls for someone in the back and C.W. Anderson makes his way out and sets up a table at ringside. Lesnar picks up Sabu and plants him with a powerbomb in the middle of the ring! 1…2…Sabu kicks out. Lesnar can’t believe this match is even continuing as Sabu is already a cut-up mess. Lesnar sets up for the F5, but Sabu counters into a swinging DDT! Anderson gets up on the apron and Sabu hangmans him cross the top wire! Sabu rips off Lesnar’s football jersey, then whips him into the barbed wire! Sabu then launches himself at Lesnar and the wire gives way, causing both men again to crash onto the floor tied up in barbed wire! Sabu puts Lesnar on the table that Anderson set-up on the outside, then climbs onto the top of the ringpost (after struggling to free himself of some of the wire that tied he and Lesnar together). Alfonso hands Sabu the barbed wire chairArabian Facebuster with the barbed wire chair off the top of the ringpost misses as Anderson pulls Lesnar off the table! Sabu crashes through the table on the floor, landing right on his barbed wire chair!

Joey Styles:
“Oh My God!” Tazz I think, we’ve seen Sabu do some insane thing but there’s no way he’s coming back from that!”

As Anderson helps Lesnar get back in the ring new TV Champion Rob Van Dam runs down and attacks Anderson! RVD evens the odds as he and Anderson go at one another up the rampway! Somehow Sabu, who by all accounts should be broken in pieces, gets back into the ring. Lesnar doesn’t give him an inch though as he hits Sabu with a stiff kick and sets up the F5…but drops Sabu in the F5 on the barbed wire ropes! Sabu violently flips into the ring after landing on the wire and Lesnar covers him, 1…2…Sabu still gets a shoulder up and Lesnar is absolutely stunned (as is Heyman)! Lesnar sees that Heyman has the football helmet and demands Heyman give it to him. Lesnar also adjusts his gloves…and he starts to rip off the remaining barbed wire ropes and stuff them in the helmet. Sabu tries to get to his feet, but Lesnar smashes the helmet over his head once again. Lesnar has the football helmet stuffed with barbed wire, and forces it on Sabu’s head, making him wear it!

Joey Styles:
“That sick son-of-a-bitch!”

Lesnar has the helmet on Sabu and we can clearly see the blood pouring from the face mask. Lesnar puts Sabu in a camel clutch position, with his knee firmly in Sabu’s back as he presses on the helmet, driving the barbed wire further into Sabu’s skull! Referee Jim Molineaux can’t get a response from Sabu anymore and ends the match!

Winner: Brock Lesnar via referee stoppage in 16:42 (Retains)

Lesnar
rips the helmet off of Sabu’s head and what remains is a bloodied Sabu with some of the wire stuck in his head and hair. Lesnar spikes the helmet down as he’s handed the ECW World Title belt. He takes some of Sabu’s blood and paints his own chest with it, before raising the title above his head. Paul Heyman looks happy about Lesnar’s victory, but also seems very concerned as Bill Alfonso and officials work on Sabu.

Tazz: Joey, we can say whatever we want about Lesnar, but tonight man, tonight proved that Lesnar’s different man.”

Quick Results

Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Spike Dudley defeated Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Tracy Smothers, Big Daddy Vincenzo and Big Sal E. Graziano when Kidman pinned Guido

Shelton Benjamin pinned Jinsei Shinzaki

Lance Storm, Chris Candido, and Mike Awesome defeated X-Pac, Justin Credible, and The Great Muta when Storm pinned Credible

AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn defeated Kid Kash and Jamie Noble when Styles pinned Noble to retain the title

Mortis, Yoshihiro Tajiri, and Mikey Whipwreck defeated Raven, Malice, and Glacier when Mortis pinned Glacier

Kevin Nash, Scott Hall, and Sean O’Haire defeated Kurt Angle and The Eliminators when O’Haire pinned John Kronus

Rob Van Dam pinned Eddie Guerrero to win the title

ECW World Championship – Barbed Wire Match
Brock Lesnar defeated Sabu via ref stoppage to retain the title

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

ECW Television Champion
Rob Van Dam (Defeated Eddie Guerrero on 6-9-02)

Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant (Defeated the Dudley Boyz on 3-11-02)

World Women’s Championship

Roster Updates

None​

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
PREDICTIONS CONTEST - HARDCORE HEAVEN 2002 UPDATE

Prediction points act like votes for the voting PPVs coming up (1st one: Cyberslam at the end of August 2002 BTB time). Whomever is leading at that point will get 3x their point amount in votes to use. 2nd place gets 2x. 3rd will get 1.5x Everyone else will get the amount they have earned. Anyone voting without prediction points gets 10.

Here is where we stand.

Starrcade 2001

DeGenerationMC: 105
Roy Mustang: 70
Dubb: 60

Souled Out 2002

DGenerationMC: 95
Dubb: 95

SuperBrawl XII

Dubb: 90
Wolfbeast: 60
Roy Mustang: 55
DeGenerationMC: 45

Uncensored 2002

DGenerationMC: 115
Roy Mustang: 80
Wolfbeast; 80
Dubb: 70
Battletank: 60
Tyronesaurus24: 60

Barely Legal II
Dubb 102
Roy Mustang: 61

Slamboree 2002
DGenerationMC: 110
Roy Mustang: 80
Dubb: 40

Hardcore Heaven 2002
Dubb: 115
Roy Mustang: 115
DGenerationsMC: 70

Double winners for Hardcore Heaven! @Dubble J and @Roy Mustang both just missed a 10 pointer, ending with 90 (with the 25 point bonus).

STANDINGS

@Dubb 572
@DGenerationMC 540
@Roy Mustang 461
Wolfbeast: 140
@BattleTank: 60
@Tyronesaurus24 60

If WB and Daken have names here I can officially @ them in the Standings. Points are never reset, even after the voting PPVs like Cyberslam 02 take place, as there will be more interactive PPVs in the future.

The only PPVs that remain before Cyberslam are Hardcore Heaven, The Great American Bash and Anarchy Rulz, so there's still time to accumulate some points!​

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR
Post-PPV Update (June 2002)

History of PPV Results

WCW/ECW Starrcade 2001 – 12/30/01 – MCI Center, Washington, D.C.

Total Impact (Mike Awesome, Lance Storm
and Justin Credible) defeated Tommy Dreamer, The Sandman, and Spike Dudley when Awesome pinned Dreamer in 10:12…WCW World Cruiserweight Championship: Billy Kidman © pinned Jerry Lynn in 13:11 to retain the title…WCW United States Championship: Tazz © made Tajiri submit in 9:59 to retain the title…#1 Contender’s Match for the WCW World Championship: Kurt Angle made Booker T submit in 21:03…Triple H pinned Christian in 7:26…WCW World Tag Team Championship – Tables Match: The Dudley Boyz © defeated Kronik in 6:13 to retain the title…Match for the Vacant ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar pinned Rob Van Dam in 19:22 to win the title…WCW World Championship – Curt Hennig is the Special Guest Referee: Ric Flair pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin © in 21:05 to win the title

WCW/ECW Souled Out 2002 – 1/27/02 – Compaq Center, Houston, TX

Diamond Dallas Page
pinned William Regal in 10:01…Raven’s Rules: Raven pinned Billy Kidman in 6:54…Booker T pinned Curt Hennig in 12:13…WCW World Tag Team Championship – Four Way Elimination Match: The Dudley Boyz © defeated Kronik, The Faces of Fear, and Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire to retain the title, Bubba Ray Dudley pinned Bryan Clarke in 1:46, Bubba Ray Dudley pinned the Barbarian in 3:37, Bubba Ray Dudley pinned Sean O’Haire in 8:50…Triple H pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin in 30:23…WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Jerry Lynn pinned Taka Michinoku © in 5:51 to win the title…WCW United States Championship – Four-Way One Fall – Christian defeated Tazz ©, Christian, and Tajiri when he pinned Tazz to win the title…ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar © pinned Bam Bam Bigelow in 14:54 to retain the title…WCW World Championship: Kurt Angle © defeated The Giant by submission in 14:26 to retain the title

WCW/ECW SuperBrawl XII – 2/24/02 – Georgia Dome, Atlanta, GA

#1 Contender’s Match for the WCW Cruiserweight Championship: Psicosis
pinned Juventud Guerrera in 17:05…World Women’s Championship – Four-Way Elimination: Molly Marvel defeated Jazz, Luna Vachon, and Ivory to win the title, Luna pinned Ivory in 4:56, Jazz pinned Juna in 5:09, Molly pinned Jazz in 9:59 to win the title…Diamond Dallas Page, Sean O’Haire and Chuck Palumbo defeated William Regal, Tajiri, and Finlay when Page pinned Regal in 12:03…#1 Contender’s Match for the ECW World Championship – Extreme Brawl: Tazz defeated Jerry Lynn, Justin Credible, Mike Awesome, Raven, and The Sandman, Tazz made Credible submit in 7:51, Awesome pinned Lynn in 11:32, Awesome pinned Sandman in 16:34, Raven pinned Awesome in 20:30, Tazz made Raven pass out in 21:46…WCW World Tag Team Championship: The Dudley Boyz © defeated The Legion of Doom when Bubba Ray pinned Animal in 8:55 to retain the title…The Giant pinned Test in 2:22…WCW United States Championship: Christian © pinned Booker T in 8:49 after R-Killa and Mark Henry interfered to retain the title…ECW World Championship – Dream Partner Tag Team Match: Brock Lesnar © and Shelton Benjamin defeated Rob Van Dam and Sabu when Lesnar pinned RVD in 17:15 to retain the title…WCW World Championship – Triple-Threat One Fall: Kurt Angle © defeated Triple H and Stone Cold Steve Austin when he made Austin submit in 20:18 to retain the title

WCW/ECW Uncensored 2002 – 3/24/02 – Joe Louis Arena, Detroit, MI

ECW World Tag Team Championship: Rob Van Dam and Sabu ©
defeated Justin Credible and Mike Awesome when Sabu pinned Awesome in 12:05 to retain the title…World Women’s Championship: Molly Marvel © defeated Jazz in by DQ in 2:02 to retain the title…World Cruiserweight Championship: Psicosis © pinned AJ Styles in 16:43 to retain the title…Detroit Street Fight: R-Killa pinned Booker T when Mark Henry interfered in 13:53…WCW World Championship: Kurt Angle © made Lance Storm submit in 16:52 to retain the title…WCW United States Championship – International Challenger Rules: Christian © pinned Fit Finlay in 6:02 to retain the title…Last Man Standing – If Triple H Wins He Receives a WCW World Championship Match – Triple H defeated Shane McMahon in 8:58…WCW World Tag Team Championship – Double Elimination Tables Match: Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant © defeated The Dudley Boyz in 10:02 to retain the title…ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar © pinned Tazz in 14:04 to retain the title

ECW/WCW Barely Legal II – 4/14/02 – First Union Center, Philadelphia, PA

The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer and Balls Mahoney
defeated The Dudley Boyz (Bubba Ray, D-Von and Spike) when Dreamer, Sandman and Mahoney pinned Bubba Ray and D-Von in 14:31…Shelton Benjamin pinned Tazz in 6:33…Extreme Battle Royal for the Vacant ECW World Television Championship: Eddie Guerrero wins, last eliminating Super Crazy in 17:32 to win the title…Raven pinned Terry Funk in 7:54…World Women’s Championship: Jazz pinned Molly Marvel © in 3:17 to win the title…World Cruiserweight Championship: Rey Mysterio Jr. pinned Psicosis © in 23:14 to win the title…ECW World Tag Team Championship – Tables, Ladders, and Chairs: Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles defeated R-Killa and Mark Henry ©, Danny Doring and Amish Roadkill, and Trailer Park Kash after Harlem Heat interfered in 17:10 to win the title…Sabu pinned Rob Van Dam in 17:37…Kurt Angle and The Eliminators defeated Total Impact (Mike Awesome, Justin Credible, and Lance Storm) when Angle made Credible submit in 13:56…ECW World Championship: Brock Lesnar © pinned Cactus Jack in 21:21 to retain the title

WCW/ECW Slamboree 2002 – 5/12/02 – American Airlines Arena, Miami, FL

Billy Kidman
pinned Juventud Guerrera in 11:32…#1 Contender’s Match for the World Cruiserweight Championship: Super Crazy pinned Psicosis in 12:04…William Regal defeated Finlay when Finlay was unresponsive in 11:29…WCW United States Championship: Christian © pinned Test after the Amazing-French Canadians interfered in 10:48…Winning Team Decides the Stipulation for the ECW World Championship Match at Hardcore Heaven 2002: Rob Van Dam and Sabu defeated Brock Lesnar and Shelton Benjamin when RVD pinned Lesnar in 18:16…The Blue World Order (Big Stevie Cool, Hollywood Nova and Da Blue Guy) defeated Disco Inferno, Alex Wright, and Brian Christopher when Da Blue Guy pinned Disco in 3:20…ECW World Television Championship vs. World Cruiserweight Championship: Eddie Guerrero (ECW TV) pinned Rey Mysterio Jr. (Cruiserweight) in 23:13 to win the Cruiserweight title and retain the TV title…WCW World Championship – Triple Threat, One Fall: Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant © defeated Harlem Heat and Chuck Palumbo and Sean O’Haire when DDP pinned Palumbo in 9:07…WCW World Championship: Triple H pinned Kurt Angle after Hollywood Hogan, Scott Hall, and Kevin Nash interfered in 19:11 to win the title

ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2002 – 6/9/02 – UIC Pavilion, Chicago, IL

Rey Mysterio Jr., Billy Kidman, The Sandman, Tommy Dreamer, and Spike Dudley
defeated The Full-Blooded Italians (Little Guido, Tony Mamaluke, Tracy Smothers, Big Daddy Vincenzo and Big Sal E. Graziano when Kidman pinned Guido in 6:31…Shelton Benjamin pinned Jinsei Shinzaki in 12:03…Total Impact (Lance Storm, Chris Candido, and Mike Awesome) defeated The X-Factor of the NWO (X-Pac, Justin Credible) and The Great Muta when Storm pinned Credible in 15:54…ECW World Tag Team Championship: AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn © defeated Trailer Park Kash when Styles pinned Jamie Noble in 30:02 to retain the title…Mortis, Mikey Whipwreck, and Yoshihiro Tajiri defeated Raven, Malice, and Glacier when Mortis pinned Glacier in 5:57…The New World Order (Sean O’Haire, Kevin Nash, and Scott Hall) defeated Kurt Angle and The Eliminators when O’Haire pinned Kronus in 15:42…ECW World Television Championship: Rob Van Dam pinned Eddie Guerrero © in 23:07 to win the title…ECW World Championship – Barbed Wire Match: Brock Lesnar © defeated Sabu via ref stoppage in 16:42 to retain the title

Championship Linages

WCW World Championship

12-3-01 – Philadelphia, PA – Monday Night Nitro – Stone Cold Steve Austin (1) (Awarded)
12-30-01 – Washington, D.C. – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2001 PPV – Ric Flair (7) (Pinned Stone Cold Steve Austin)
12-31-01 – Norfolk, VA – Monday Night Nitro – Kurt Angle (2) (Made Ric Flair submit)
5-12-02 – Miami, FL – WCW/ECW Slamboree 2002 PPV - Triple H (Pinned Kurt Angle)

ECW World Championship
12-6-01 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW RISE – Vacant (Rhyno vacated due to injury)
12-30-01 – Washington, D.C. – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2001 PPV – Brock Lesnar (1) (Pinned Rob Van Dam for vacant title)

WCW United States Championship
10-22-01 – Kansas City, MO – Monday Night RAW – Kurt Angle (1) (Defeated Rhyno by submission)(Pre-Rebirth)
12-13-01 – New York, NY – ECW RISE – Tazz (1) (Choked Kurt Angle out)
1-27-02 – Houston, TX – WCW/ECW Souled Out 2002 PPV – Christian (1) (Defeated Tazz, Rob Van Dam and Tajiri in a Four Way Match, pinning Tazz)

4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Eddie Guerrero (3) (Last eliminated Super Crazy in a battle royal)
6-9-02 – Chicago, IL – ECW/WCW Hardcore Heaven 2002 PPV – Rob Van Dam (2) (Pinned Eddie Guerrero)

WCW World Tag Team Championship
10-26-01 – Omaha, NE – Thursday Night SMACKDOWN! – Bubba Ray (1) and D-Von Dudley (1) (Defeated The Hardy Boyz)(Pre-Rebirth)
3-11-02 – St. Louis, MO – Monday Night Nitro – Diamond Dallas Page (5) and The Giant (4) (Defeated The Dudley Boyz)

12-3-00 – New York, NY – ECW Massacre on 34th Street PPV – Danny Doring (1) and Roadkill (1) (Defeated Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke)(Pre-Rebirth)
2-28-02 – Indianapolis, IN – RISE – Rob Van Dam (3) and Sabu (4) (Defeated Danny Doring and Roadkill)
3-28-02 – Buffalo, NY – RISE – R-Killa (1) and Mark Henry (1) (Defeated Rob Van Dam and Sabu)
4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Jerry Lynn (1) and AJ Styles (1) (Defeated R-Killa and Mark Henry, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble, and Danny Doring and Roadkill in a Tables, Ladders, and Chairs Match)

World Cruiserweight Championship
10-9-01 – Moline, IL – Thursday Night SMACKDOWN! – Billy Kidman (5) (Pinned X-Pac)(Pre-Rebirth)
1-21-02 – Kansas City, MO – Monday Night Nitro – Taka Michinoku (1) (Pinned Billy Kidman)
1-27-02 – Houston, TX – WCW/ECW Souled Out 2002 PPV – Jerry Lynn (1) (Pinned Taka Michinoku)
2-25-02 – Atlanta, GA – Monday Night Nitro – Psicosis (3) (Pinned Jerry Lynn)
4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Rey Mysterio Jr. (6) (Pinned Psicosis)
5-12-02 – Miami, FL – WCW/ECW Slamboree 2002 PPV – Eddie Guerrero (3) (Pinned Rey Mysterio Jr.)
5-13-02 – Daytona Beach, FL - Monday Night Nitro – Super Crazy (Pinned Eddie Guerrero)

World Women’s Championship
2-24-02 – Atlanta, GA – WCW/ECW SuperBrawl XII PPV – Molly Marvel (1) (Won a four-way match against Ivory, Jazz, and Luna Vachon to win the title)
4-14-02 – Philadelphia, PA – ECW/WCW Barely Legal II PPV – Jazz (1) (Pinned Molly Marvel)

Calendar

June

June 10, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
June 13, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
June 15, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
June 17, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
June 20, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
June 22, 2002 (Saturday) – Clash of Champions Special
June 24, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
June 27, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
June 29, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV

July

July 1, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
July 4, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
July 6, 2002 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW The Great American Bash 2002 (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
July 7, 2002 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW The Great American Bash 2002 (Pay-Per-View)

July 8, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
July 11, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
July 13, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
July 15, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
July 18, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
July 20, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
July 22, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
July 25, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
July 27, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV
July 29, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro

August

August 1, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
August 3, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW/WCW Anarchy Rulz 2002 (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
August 4, 2002 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW Anarchy Rulz 2002 (Pay-Per-View)

August 5, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
August 8, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
August 10, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
August 12, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
August 15, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
August 17, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
August 19, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
August 22, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
August 24, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV
August 26, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
August 29, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
August 31, 2002 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Cyberslam 2002 Interactive PPV (Pay-Per-View-Preview)

September

September 1, 2002 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Cyberslam 2002 Interactive PPV (Pay-Per-View)
September 2, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
September 5, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
September 7, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
September 9, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
September 12, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
September 14, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
September 16, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
September 19, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
September 21, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV
September 23, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
September 26, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
September 28, 2002 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Fall Brawl: War Games (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
September 29, 2002 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Fall Brawl: War Games (Pay-Per-View)

September 30, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro

October

October 3, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
October 5, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
October 7, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
October 10, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
October 12, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
October 14, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
October 17, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
October 19, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV
October 21, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
October 24, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
October 26, 2002 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Halloween Havoc (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
October 27, 2002 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Halloween Havoc (Pay-Per-View)

October 28, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
October 31, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE

November

November 2, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
November 4, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
November 7, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
November 9, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
November 11, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
November 14, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
November 16, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV
November 18, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
November 21, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
November 23, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW/WCW November to Remember (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
November 24, 2002 (Sunday) – ECW/WCW November to Remember (Pay-Per-View)

November 25, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
November 27, 2002 (Wednesday) – ECW RISE
November 29, 2002 (Friday) – WCW/ECW WrestleWar ‘02 (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
November 30, 2002 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW WrestleWar ‘02 (Pay-Per-View)

December

December 2, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 5, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
December 7, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
December 9, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 12, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
December 14, 2002 (Saturday) – Worldwide
December 16, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 19, 2002 (Thursday) – ECW RISE
December 21, 2002 (Saturday) – ECW Hardcore TV
December 23, 2002 (Monday) – Monday Night Nitro
December 26, 2002 (Wednesday) – ECW RISE
December 28, 2002 (Saturday) – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2002 (Pay-Per-View-Preview)
December 29, 2002 (Sunday) – WCW/ECW Starrcade 2002 (Pay-Per-View)

December 30, 2002 (Monday) - Monday Night Nitro

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

WCWNitro.png

WCW Monday Night Nitro
June 10, 2002
United Center
Chicago, IL

Stephanie McMahon:
“Hello everyone. Welcome to Nitro. Now I know I’m the owner of ECW but tonight, I have the power to have WCW World Champion Triple H, my ex-husband, face someone of my choosing in a World Title Match. And not only, not only do I have the power to choose the challenger, but I get to choose the type of match as well. You see it’s hard to find a match where the New World Order won’t be involved, so hey, NWO, you’re invited tonight. Actually, your attendance is mandatory. Tonight, you at home and in the arena tonight will see a Lumberjack Match! The lumberjacks will be the invited NWO members and a few guys from my brand. Maybe we’ll call it an Extreme Lumberjack Match. As for the title challenger Hunter. Sweety. Just know that it’s going to be Awesome!

Scott Hudson: “Welcome to Nitro! We just heard it from Stephanie McMahon. A clause in her divorce settlement with Triple H, that she gets to determine one of Triple H’s title matches, comes together tonight!”

Mike Tenay:
“An Extreme Lumberjack Match too Scott! Triple H defends the WCW World Championship against Mike Awesome!”

Scott Hudson: “And we’re kicking things off with another championship match, as Billy Kidman, who’s been on one heck of a roll, gets a shot at the US title against Christian!”

Christian © vs. Billy Kidman (w/Torrie Wilson)

Kidman walks right up to Christian’s face. Christian talks trash before slapping Kidman! Kidman slaps Christian back and Christian goes down! Kidman hits Christian with punch after punch, trapping him into the corner. Christian counters a whip into the opposite corner, but Kidman flips over Christian after a charge. Christian runs at Kidman and gets sent flying with a back bodydrop! Christian quickly gets back to his feet but a Kidman dropkick sends him right back down! Cover, 1…2…Christian kicks out and quickly jumps out of the ring. Christian grabs the US title and it looks like he’s leaving as he walks up the ramp. Kidman goes after him and knocks him down on the ramp! Kidman brings Christian back into the ring and leaps over the top rope with a legdrop! Another cover, 1…2…Christian gets his foot on the rope to save his title again, and again leaps to the outside. Kidman goes after him, but Christian grabs Torrie and hides behind her…before getting in a cheap shot on Kidman.

Christian sends Kidman back into the ring and locks in a rear chinlock. Christian releases and follows up by stomping Kidman all around the ring. Christian sends Kidman into the corner, but Kidman puts on the brakes and tries to hit a charging Christian with a hurricanrana…but Christian drops him face first to the canvas. Christian hooks the leg with a cover, 1…2…Kidman just kicks out. Christian can’t believe it and covers Kidman again, 1…2…Christian kicks out once again. Christian continues to kick and stomp on Kidman around the ring before choking him in the corner with his boot. Christian sends Kidman off the ropes and hits a full rotation powerslam! 1…2…Kidman just kicks out again to Christian’s frustration! Christian still has the offensive and chops Kidman hard in the corner.

Kidman finds a second wind and fires back on Christian! Kidman hits some big punches and kicks. Christian fires back, but when he comes off the ropes for a clothesline Kidman counters with a BK Bomb! 1…2…Christian just kicks out! Kidman sends Christian off the ropes and he goes for another back bodydrop, but Christian puts on the brakes. Powerbomb coming…but Kidman counters with a facebuster! Kidman off the ropes, flying headscissors connects! Christian gets back to his feet but he’s staggered. Kidman sends him into the corner sternum first, then comes off the ropes with a clothesline. Kidman points to the top rope looking to finish Christian. As he climbs, Rene Dupree runs out and tries to knock him off! Kidman punches Dupree off the apron, allowing Christian to push the referee into the ropes, crotching Kidman on the top! Christian flips Kidman over from the top rope and hits a falling reverse DDT. Cover, 1…2…Kidman kicks out again! Christian sends Kidman into the corner, and for the third time charging in after fails as Kidman gets his legs up and hits a hurricanrana! Dupree is now stalking Torrie on the outside and Kidman sees him! Kidman flies over the top rope with a Plancha onto Dupree! Kidman rolls back into the ring, but his clothesline is blocked, then countered into the Unprettier! 1…2…3!

Winner: Christian via pinfall in 11:27 (Retains)

Christian and Renee Dupree
beat up Kidman post-match, with Torrie begging them to stop. Dupree does stop and moves towards Torrie when Test runs down to the ring! Christian bails but Dupree’s too distracted by Torrie and gets his with the big boot! Christian collects the dazed Dupree as Test says that he wants the US Title. Christian and Dupree are forced to put on the brakes on the ramp though, as Curt Hennig and Alexis Laree appear on top of the stage as well…Hennig too seems to want the US Title!

We see a car pull in the driveway, one of the ones we saw last night at Hardcore Heaven. William Regal and Finlay comes out of the car and drag Tajiri out of the trunk and into the arena!

paidfor.jpg

Eric Bischoff
is shown trying to pump up Triple H about his match with Mike Awesome tonight.

Eric Bischoff: “…you got this Hunter. He’s big and strong we know. I know he was in WCW. But he’s an ECW guy. An ECW can’t beat you.”

Triple H: “You don’t need to tell me that Eric! But I know someone, Steph, Piper, whomever just has something up their sleeve. Anyone gets in my way I will take out!”

Shawn Michaels: “Hey, the bigger they are the louder sound they make when they fall! They can have all the ECW freaks at ringside they want. When Big Kev and Scott and us all are at ringside, it ain’t gonna matter. Don’t worry about Piper or whomever, let’s take this guy out, NWO style!”

Super Crazy © vs. Brian Christopher (w/Alex Wright and Disco Inferno)

Wright
distracts Crazy and Christopher attacks from behind! Christopher sends Crazy off the ropes and knock him down with a shoulder tackle. Crazy kips back up and hits the ropes again. Christopher leapfrogs Crazy, then Disco tries to grab Crazy’s foot. The distraction allows Christopher to hit a dropkick. Cover, 1…2…Crazy kicks out. Christopher runs at Crazy but gets hit with an armdrag as a result! Another armdrag from Crazy. Crazy comes off the ropes and hits Christopher with a spinning heel kick! Christopher gets knocked all the way to the floor, to which Disco and Wright check on him. Crazy comes flying at them with a Plancha, taking out all three! Crazy sends Christopher back into the ring. Springboard moonsault back in misses Christopher, and Christopher is now all over Crazy, stomping away at him.

Suplex from Christopher. Christopher heads to the top rope and hits Crazy with a missile dropkick! Cover, 1…2…Crazy just kicks out. Rocker dropper from Christopher. Christopher sends Crazy into the corner, but Crazy moves as Christopher charges and Christopher ends up crotching himself between the turnbuckles! Springboard moonsault from Crazy! 1…2…Christopher kicks out. Crazy chops Christopher in the corner and props him on the top rope. Avalanche hurricanrana! Crazy looks to finish off Christopher and heads to the top rope. Corkscrew Splash off the top connects! 1…2…3!

Winner: Super Crazy via pinfall in 4:55 (Retains)

Disco Inferno and Alex Wright
look to attack Crazy, but Crazy sees them coming and they back off. This allows Juventud Guerrera and Psicosis to slide in and attack Crazy from behind! Juvi and Psicosis beat down Crazy. They don’t steal the Cruiserweight title belt this time, but instead whack Crazy off the top of his head with it, leaving him lying.

Backstage, Jeremy Borash is with World Women’s Champion Jazz.

Jeremy Borash: Jazz, last week you got involved in the long-running rivalry between Booker T and R-Killa. There’s just one question to ask. Why?”

Jazz: “The hell you care? I don’t need to explain myself. Get the hell out of here if this is the questions you gonna ask!”

Jeremy Borash: “I was just…”

Jazz: “I’m only talking to you to call out all those bimbos out there who think they’re worthy of taking me on for this title. I haven’t heard from anyone lately. I ain’t here to wait around…what you want? I could bitchslap you again if you didn’t get enough last week.”

Booker T: “I don’t know what your problem with me is or why you sided with R-Killa. But whatever. I’m here cause you said you want someone to fight, and I got someone for you!”

At that moment Jacqueline attacks Jazz! Jacqueline gets a few good shots in and yells at Jazz that if she wants to someone to fight, here she is! Jacqueline walks off with Booker as Nitro cuts back to the ring.

X-Factor vs. Lance Storm and Chris Candido (w/Dawn Marie)

Storm goes after Credible and Credible bails. The match officially starts with X-Pac and Candido and Candido quickly takes Pac down. Candido suplexes X-Pac and locks in a side headlock before tagging in Storm. Candido whips X-Pac into the corner and Storm leaps off Candido’s back and hits a flying dropkick! Referee tries to get Candido out of the ring, and that allows Credible to whack Storm over the head with a kendo stick! Credible drags X-Pac over and makes the tag. Credible stomps on Storm, who’s busted open from the kendo stick, in the corner before pulling him out of the corner and landing in a sunset flip pin position, 1…2…Storm kicks out. Snapmare from Credible, and then he locks in the rear chinlock. Storm fights his way out and gets a sunset flip on Credible, 1…2…no! Credible knocks Storm right back down with a clothesline.

Credible tags in X-Pac and Pac gets some kicks. X-Pac kicks Storm in the corner repeatedly before hitting a jumping back kick. This drops Storm, and X-Pac comes flying in with the Bronco Buster! As soon as X-Pac is done riding Candido comes in and levels X-Pac with a clothesline. Candido tries to get the crowd going for Storm to make the tag, and he does so! X-Pac makes a tag as well and Credible runs right into a belly-to-belly suplex from Candido! Snap suplex and Candido adds a bridge, 1…2…Credible kicks out! Candido plants Credible with a powerbomb, then heads to the top rope! Candido gets crotched by the Big Bossman, who’s run down to the ring. Bossman attacks Storm as well and we have a disqualification.

Winners: Lance Storm and Chris Candido via DQ in 6:26 when the Big Bossman interfered

The Bossman’s attack doesn’t last too long as Diamond Dallas Page and The Giant come down to chase off the NWO members. Bossman makes sure to collect X-Pac and Credible before heading up the ramp. DDP yells at the Bossman that he’ll see him later.

Scott Hudson:
“This lumberjack match later on tonight, with the NWO and ECW at ringside, is going to be nuts…hey, what’s going on now?”

Mike Tenay:
“It’s William Regal and Finlay with Tajiri, that’s what it is!”

Finlay carries and tosses Tajiri into the ring as William Regal grabs a microphone.

William Regal: Tajiri, listen to me! Listen to me before you go all ballyhoo and crazy out here I want you to listen to me! What happened to you? I found you, I saved you from the life of hooligans and foul smelling specimens that ECW provided you. I showed you a path to stardom. And what did you do to repay me? You embarrass and besmirch MY name by returning to that hellhole and joining up with people playing dress-up like the occult! It makes me sad to see. You see, Finlay here. We had our differences and we beat the bloody hell out of one another to settle them. That’s what distinguished men do. That’s what we do. We don’t go spitting in people’s faces and coming out to spooky music or whatever the hell you’ve been doing the last….”

Regal is interrupted as Mortis’ theme plays…and here he comes! Mortis and the Sinister Minister make their way out to the ring, and the Minister points over to Tajiri, telling him to come back over to his side. Tajiri does seem somewhat reluctant, as Regal’s words did seem to resonate with him. Regal backs away, but Finlay runs at Mortis and the two trade blows! Finlay misses a wild clothesline and Mortis drops him face-first with the Flatliner! Tajiri stays in the ring with Mortis and The Minister as Regal backs away disgusted.

Brian Lee vs. Meng

Meng and Lee trade shots. Meng comes off the ropes but runs into a big boot from Lee. Meng stays on his feet though. Lee comes off the ropes and a clothesline has no effect on Meng. Lee comes off the ropes again and Meng takes him out with a superkick! Big headbutt from Meng. Meng hits Lee with rapid-fire punches and chops in the corner before laying Lee out with massive chop. Samoan drop by Meng. Cover, 1…2…Lee kicks out. Meng sends Lee off the ropes but misses a clothesline, and Lee chopblocks Meng. Lee elbowdrops the leg. Lee elbowdrops the leg again. Lee sets Meng up for a chokeslam, but Meng goes dead weight, and a chop to the throat sends Lee to the outside. Meng follows, but he’s immediately attacked by Ron and Don Harris as they come from the crowd! The Harris Bros. pound away on Meng before The Barbarian runs down and the referee throws the whole thing out!

Winner: Double DQ due to outside interference

All five men fight through the crowd and to the back as Nitro cuts to Jeremy Borash backstage.

Jeremy Borash:
“I’m here with Interim WCW President “Rowdy” Roddy Piper. Hot Rod, I understand you have a big announcement for us!”

Roddy Piper: Jeremy? Nice to meet ya! And that’s right! I have a few things to let everyone know. But let me remind the people of something. In New York City, there’s a building, an arena, that perhaps I didn’t build, but I sure was involved in the renovations for the modern era! That building is Madison Square Garden! Now you see WCW’s never run MSG because of the McMahons. Well great news, since this thing is owned by a McMahon now some things are changing with the times. On July 7th, live on Pay-Per-View, WCW will hold one of its longest traditions, The Great American Bash. And, here’s were we come full circle, we’re going to do it in the house I renovated or helped build or whatever you want to call it! WCW makes it’s Madison Square Garden debut Sunday night, July 7th!”

Jeremy Borash: “Wow, that definitely is big news Roddy. I…”

Roddy Piper: “Hey, I didn’t say I was done yet. Did I say I was done? Noooo no no!”

Jeremy Borash: “Sorry Hot Rod…”

Roddy Piper: “That’s alright you’ll get the hang of it. Anyway July 7th, well that’s a ways away! And we have some business to take care of before we get there. Next Saturday, we’ve got something going on. The Clash of Champions. It’s gonna be right here on TNN. June 22nd! And we need some #1 contenders for next week. So here’s how it’s gonna go. Next week, Curt Hennig, Test and Billy Kidman, those three are going to go at it with the winner getting a US Title shot against my new buddy Christian! And, next week, we will also have a 20, yes count’em 20, man battle royal and the winner will face either Triple H or Mr. Awesome, you know, whomever wins tonight, for the WCW World Championship! Anyway, I think I’ve said enough. Let’s watch this crazy thing that Stephanie came up with!”

Similar to last night at Hardcore Heaven, we see a woman screaming…only this time it turns into laughter. Several images of decapitated dolls and satanic imagery are shown before Daffney walks into the shot again. Her eyes lead us to a sign that says…

Daffney & Victoria: A Horror Show Coming To You

We come back to Nitro with the lumberjacks around the ring. Representing the NWO are The Big Bossman, X-Pac, Justin Credible, Kevin Nash, Sean O’Haire and Scott Hall. On the ECW side it’s Lance Storm, Chris Candido, Tommy Dreamer, Spike Dudley, The Sandman, Perry Saturn, Bam Bam Bigelow and Gangrel.

WCW World Championship – Extreme Lumberjack Match
Triple H © w/Shawn Michaels vs. Mike Awesome w/Dawn Marie

Awesome knocks Triple H off the apron during HHH’s entrance
, but the NWO gather around him before the ECW lumberjacks can get their hands on him. HHH slides into the ring and is immediately backdropped by Awesome! Awesome hits HHH with a jumping shoulder block and covers, 1…HHH kicks out right away. HHH seems like he’s had enough, but Awesome doesn’t care and clotheslines him over the top rope! Bigelow pounds away on HHH on the outside as again a war looks to break out on the outside, but HHH is eventually thrown back in. Awesome tosses HHH into the corner and avalanches him, then tosses him across the ring like a sack of potatoes! HHH tries to get away, but forgets that ECW competitors are waiting for him on the outside. HHH turns around into a big boot from Awesome! Cover again, 1…2…HHH just gets the shoulder up. Awesome boots HHH and sets him up for an Awesome Bomb, but HHH adjusts his position, then backdrops Awesome to the outside on the NWO side!

Now it’s Kevin Nash and Scott Hall laying a beating on HHH as the ECW side comes over to make the save! Nash tosses Awesome back in and it isn’t clear how much longer tensions on the outside can be held back. HHH hits Awesome with a kneedrop, then completely slows the match down with an Indian Deathlock. Awesome refuses to submit so HHH changes his strategy and pummels away at Awesome in the corner. HHH whips Awesome into the opposite corner, but Awesome leaps up to the top rope and hits HHH with a flying back elbow! A dazed HHH takes a swing at Awesome but misses, and Awesome hits a beautiful bridging German suplex! 1…2…Bossman hits Awesome in the knee with his nightstick, breaking the pin! Multiple officials have come to ringside to make sure a NWO-ECW fight doesn’t break out. HHH elbowdrops the knee, then locks in a Figure-Four! Awesome screams in pain, but still refuses to submit.

Awesome uses all the energy he has and turns the figure-four around, putting the pressure on HHH! They eventually roll to the ropes and referee Billy Silverman breaks them up. Awesome gets back to his feet with a noticeable limp. Storm tosses him a chair and Awesome smashes it over Triple H’s head! We’ve got blood all over the place after that one! Awesome boots HHH and sets him up…for an Awesome Bomb over the top rope onto the ECW lumerjacks! And with that it’s chaos on the outside! The NWO and ECW go at it as HHH gets the hell beaten out of him! It looks for a moment that the NWO have the upper hand until Awesome dives over the top rope onto the entire group! Awesome slides a table into the ring and props it in the corner. HHH is thrown back into the ring as chaos ensues on the outside! Awesome sets HHH up again, running Awesome Bomb through the table into the corner! Awesome covers, 1…2…3!

Scott Hudson: “He did it! He did it, we have a new WCW World Champion! But wait, the referee’s calling it off!”

Triple H’s foot is on the bottom rope! Awesome is furious that he’s not being awarded the title, but then he realizes HHH is nearly dead as it is. He grabs HHH and sets him up for another one…but Shawn Michaels slides in and takes Awesome out with Sweet Chin Music! HHH says something to HBK, and HBK jumps back to the outside only to slide a sledgehammer into the ring. HHH grabs the sledgehammer, but Awesome ducks! Awesome boots HHH and sets up for one more Awesome Bomb, only when Awesome has him up HHH hits him square in the face with the sledgehammer! HHH lands on top of Awesome, 1…2…3!

The replays shows HBK putting HHH's foot on the bottom rope as the Chicago crowd starts to boo!

Winner: Triple H via pinfall in 14:09 (Retains)

The lumberjack war spills into the ring as Triple H and Shawn Michaels escape with the WCW title! It takes tons of security and officials to break up the brawl!

In the NWO locker room, Eric Bischoff claps his hands as he’s quite happy about Triple H retaining the title. But he’s immediately startled…

Eric Bischoff: “What do you want now?”

Roddy Piper: “You know Eric I’ve seen enough. Next week, you tell you man Triple H, you tell him that he’s only got a week to recuperate, because he’s defending the WCW World Championship on Nitro…against me!”

Quick Results

Christian pinned Billy Kidman to retain the title

Super Crazy pinned Brian Christopher to retain the title

Lance Storm and Chris Candido defeated X-Pac and Justin Credible by DQ

Brian Lee and Meng wrestled to a double DQ

WCW World Championship – Extreme Lumberjack Match
Triple H pinned Mike Awesome to retain the title

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

ECW Television Champion

World Women’s Champion

Roster Updates

None​

RDT

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
EtPxwR9
Favorite Wrestler
rvd
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Sports Team
K12LIMS
Favorite Sports Team
bMIeUcR

ECW RISE
June 13, 2002
Huff Hall
Champaign, IL

Highlights of last Sunday’s Hardcore Heaven 2002 are shown, specifically the “Born to be Wired” main event between Brock Lesnar and Sabu.

Joey Styles: “Hello everyone I’m Joey Styles, and I’m with the former ECW World Heavyweight Champion Tazz! Tonight, the NWO vs. ECW war continues. Mike Awesome is out for revenge against the Big Bossman, and Lance Storm takes on the Pearl of the Orient, the Great Muta!”

Tazz:
“It’s going to be a crazy night Joey. We have a World TV title match too! Here comes the champ!

ECW Television Championship
Rob Van Dam © w/Bill Alfonso vs. CW Anderson

Anderson tries to keep his distance as RVD throws out some kicks. . They trade waistlocks before Anderson gets a headlock. Anderson turns this into a wristlock. RVD counters by walking up the turnbuckles for a flip them armdragging Anderson! Anderson ducks another kick but does not duck the second one as RVD gets him in the face. Cover, 1…2…Anderson kicks out. Anderson gets a shot in then sends RVD into the corner. RVD backdrops the charging Anderson over the top rope onto the apron. RVD hits some forearms. RVD comes off the second rope and dropkicks Anderson off the apron! RVD off the ropes…somersault plancha over the top rope takes out Anderson! RVD takes some time to hot dog with the crowd as he’s prone to do. Anderson gets a knee to the midsection and tries to whip RVD into the guardrail, but RVD counters and Anderson smashes into the steel. RVD runs at Anderson, but gets backdropped into the crowd!

Anderson hooks RVD up for a suplex but instead impales him right on the guardrail! Anderson gets some blows in and whips RVD into the railing…but RVD leaps and takes out Anderson with a moonsault off the railing! RVD makes his way back to the ring, clearly still recovering. Anderson tries to get in but RVD legdrops his head between the ropes! RVD goes for a springboard flying back kick, but Anderson moves out of the way and clotheslines RVD down. He sends RVD into the corner and again goes for the corner splash, but RVD leaps over him and gets a sunset flip, 1…2…Anderson kicks out. RVD runs at Anderson but Anderson backdrops RVD over the top rope, and RVD slips off the apron and crashes to the floor. Anderson grabs a chair and smacks RVD on the back!

Anderson brings RVD and the chair back in. Anderson hooks RVD up and gets a Fisherman’s Buster on the chair! Anderson covers, 1…2…RVD just kicks out. Anderson hooks RVD by the arm and gets a Ferris Wheel Suplex, although it misses the chair. Anderson slashes his throat and sends RVD off the ropes, but RVD counters the spinebuster into a monkey flip! Anderson crawls up into the corner and RVD comes flying in and skateboards the chair in Anderson’s face! RVD waits for Anderson to get back to his feet and throws him the chair, Van Daminator! 1…2…3!

Winner: Rob Van Dam via pinfall in 9:36 (Retains)

RISE
cuts backstage where World Cruiserweight Champion Super Crazy is entering the building, only he’s attacked by Brian Christopher, Disco Inferno, and Alex Wright! Suddenly, Psicosis, Juventud Guerrera, Little Guido and Tony Mamaluke all join in! Crazy gets the living hell beat out of him until Kid Kash, Jamie Noble, Nova, Jerry Lynn and AJ Styles make the save! Things could have been way worse for Crazy all things considered!

We return to RISE as William Regal and Finlay find themselves at an abandoned building. Regal’s disgusted at even being there and wants to leave before they spot Malice.

William Regal: “I’d like to speak to your superior sunshine, hurry up now so I can get the bloody hell out of here!”

Malice doesn’t seem to take kindly to William Regal ordering him around, but Raven stops him from doing any damage.

Raven: “Never thought I’d see you here Regal, what the hell do you want?”

William Regal: “Trust me I have little interest in being here. But we have a common enemy, Raven. And I’m going to take care of him.”

Raven: “Oh is that right?”

William Regal: “Yes, and I require something of you and your…subjects. I need you to take care of Tajiri and deliver him to me once I leave Mortis lying in the middle of the ring!”

Raven: “So if we take out Tajiri you’ll finish off Mortis?”

William Regal: “Yes, and you’ll give Tajiri to me so he faces his punishment!”

Raven: “Alright, we can do that for sure. But let’s make something clear Regal. We don’t care for you. If taking you out to get to Mortis ends up being the way, then that’s how it’ll happen. So it is written. So it will come to pass.”

William Regal: “Yeah you keep your quotebook to yourself there. Dave (Finlay) let’s get the hell out of here.”

Regal and Finlay leave. Raven turns to Malice.

Raven: “Let’s keep our eyes open. I’ve never trusted Regal and I’m not going to start now just because our interests seem to align.”

Joey Styles:
“Three nights ago on Nitro, Mike Awesome had the WCW World Champion beat in the Extreme Lumberjack Match. It took the combined efforts of that snake Shawn Michaels and the Bossman to beat, and I use that term loosely, beat Mike Awesome. Bossman is here tonight, and he’s going to have to deal with a pissed off Mike Awesome!”

Tazz:
Joey, we know what Awesome can do. I’ve been in the ring with him. But I’ve been in the ring with the Bossman too. He never stepped foot in ECW, but he would have fit right in. Bossman is a mean, nasty guy let me tell you!”

Big Bossman vs. Mike Awesome

Awesome and the Bossman trade stiff shots in the middle of the ring. Awesome hits the ropes and leapfrogs the Bossman, but runs right into the Bossman Slam! Cover, 1…2…Awesome kicks out with authority. Clothesline sends the Bossman flying! Bossman bails to the outside and goes for the nightstick, but Awesome has a chair and lays the Bossman out! Awesome rolls Bossman into the ring and brings in a table. Awesome heads to the top rope and hits the Awesome Splash! Awesome lets up the table…Awesome Bomb! 1…2…3!

Winner: Mike Awesome via pinfall in 1:17

Similar to Sunday night at Hardcore Heaven, we see a woman screaming…only this time it turns into laughter. Several images of decapitated dolls and satanic imagery are shown before Daffney walks into the shot again. Her eyes lead us to a sign that says…

Daffney & Victoria: A Horror Show Coming To You

Paul Heyman:
“Ladies and gentlemen. I am Paul Heyman, the General Manager of Extreme Championship Wrestling. I am using the power instilled by me by Stephanie McMahon to announce that ECW World Heavyweight Champion Brock Lesnar will be taking some time off after the brutality showed at Hardcore Heaven 2002. You see I warned Sabu, just like I warned Mick Foley, and Tazz and Bam Bam Bigelow. Brock Lesnar is an unstoppable force never before seen in not only ECW, but all of professional wrestling. But sometimes you need to protect someone from themselves. The Barbed Wire Match, as much as the champion hates to admit it, did take its toll. Stephanie McMahon has told me to guarantee that Lesnar will next defend the ECW World Championship at Madison Square Garden, at The Great American Bash on July 7th. Now…, hey Shelton!”

Shelton Benjamin: “Hey Paul, look sorry to interrupt you man, but I feel like no one’s really following up on Hardcore Heaven…”

Paul Heyman: “Well that’s exactly what I’m doing!”

Shelton Benjamin: “Yeah, but you’re talking about Brock. And yeah, it was a big win for Brock but hey I beat Jinsei Shinzaki like it was nothin’ and no one’s talking about it. I don’t even have a match tonight.”

Paul Heyman: “You…you know what you’re right. I can’t fix it tonight, but you know what, I’m gonna talk to Stephanie and I’m going to see if I can get you in the Battle Royal on Nitro to determine the challenger to Triple H’s WCW World Championship!

Shelton Benjamin: “That works. Thank you Paul.”

Paul Heyman: “I’m going to go find Stephanie right now! I know she’s here. I apologize Shelton. This will be the last time you will be treated like an afterthought to Brock!”

Heyman leaves as Benjamin seems to be focused on the word “afterthought”. Benjamin says one more thing to himself.

Shelton Benjamin: “Afterthought? This keeps up and I’ll make Brock an afterthought.”

AJ Styles and Jerry Lynn walk up to the team that took them to the limit for 30 minutes at Hardcore Heaven, Kid Kash and Jamie Noble. Lynn lets them know that they’re up to defend the title against them (Kash and Noble) again, but before anything further happens Psicosis and Juventud Guerrera blindside both teams! They don’t have numbers so the advantage doesn’t last long. As soon as Lynn, Styles, Noble and Kash get the advantage Psicosis and Juvi run off!

Lance Storm (w/Dawn Marie) v. The Great Muta

Storm gets a side headlock but is send off the ropes by Muta. Storm leapdrogs Muta then ducks a clothesline and gets a waistlock. Muta hits the ropes to break and leapfrogs over Storm. Perfect dropkick from Storm knocks Muta down! Storm punches and kicks Muta into the corner, but Muta fires back with a dropkick to the knee! Muta off the ropes and a one handed facebuster connects! Cover, 1…2…Storm kicks out. Muta comes off the ropes, but Storm quickly rolls through with the Canadian Maple Leaf! Muta quickly breaks and both men get to their feet. Storm his several strikes, but a kick is countered into a Dragon Screw Leg Whip! Muta holds onto the leg, trying to get Storm to submit.

Muta breaks the hold and comes off the ropes, hitting a wild elbow drop. Cover, 1…2…Storm kicks out. Muta props Storm up in the corner and hits various stiff right hands, kicks and elbows. He sends Storm into the opposite turnbuckle and comes flying in with a cartwheel into a back elbow! Snapmare takeover from Muta, and another wild elbow drop! Another cover, 1…2…Storm kicks out again. Muta again whips Storm into the corner, but Storm leaps to the top rope and hits a flying back elbow! Dropkick sends Muta to the outside, and Storm follows up by hitting him with a pescado over the top rope! Storm sends Muta into the guardrail and hits a perfect superkick that lays him out! Storm rolls Muta back into the ring and heads to the top rope. Muta gets back to his feet, missile dropkick connects! 1…2…Muta just kicks out! Storm comes off the ropes but Muta ducks a clothesline then catches Storm in a Drop Toe Hold, and he quickly transitions to a STF! Dawn Marie gets onto the apron which distracts Muta for a moment and allows Storm to break free. They get back to their feet and Storm catches Muta with an enzugiri! Dawn cheers for Storm on the apron as Storm looks to finish off Muta. He picks Muta up…only to get hit with the red mist! Storm is stunned, and he tries a superkick that Muta ducks and sends Dawn Marie flying into the guardrail! Storm’s blinded, but he can tell something is wrong…but it doesn’t matter as Muta hits the Shining Wizard! 1…2…3!

Winner: The Great Muta via pinfall in 8:55

RISE
transitions to a discussion between ECW Owner Stephanie McMahon and Paul Heyman already in progress.

Stephanie McMahon: “To be honest Paul, I think Shelton’s earned that. My brother is due back soon but I think until he actually returns I have enough power to insert him in a battle royal.”

Paul Heyman: “Thank you Stephanie. I, and Shelton, greatly appreciate this!”

Stephanie McMahon: Paul, I actually wanted to talk to you a little more about the future of the ECW brand.”

Paul Heyman: “Uh, sure. What did you have in mind.”

Stephanie McMahon: “Well, as we’ve discussed I want the ECW brand to make more money that it ever has before. Now truthfully, with the divorce and Hunter being all over Nitro, I really want to step away for a while.”

Paul Heyman: “Oh…is there someone you had in mind to perhaps replace you?”

Stephanie McMahon: “Yes, but we’ll get to that. I think the week after The Great American Bash will be my last at the shows. I plan to hand over complete authority to someone who resonates with the ECW brand a little more.”

Paul Heyman: “I understand. Well Stephanie, know that whatever you need I am here.”

Stephanie McMahon: “Thank you Paul. I would expect nothing less.”

Stephanie McMahon leaves…

Paul Heyman: “I gotta call Brock! Soon I’ll have ECW back in my full control!”

Joey Styles: “Did you hear that?”

Tazz:
“Oh my gosh Joey, but I mean, what’s that going to mean for ECW with Heyman back in control?”

Quick Results

ECW Television Championship

Rob Van Dam pinned CW Anderson (retains)

Mike Awesome pinned The Big Bossman

The Great Muta pinned Lance Storm

Champions

WCW World Champion

ECW World Champion

ECW Television Champion

World Women’s Champion

Roster Updates

None​

Last edited: