Bryan Out Another 6-12 months

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Danielson

Champion
Reaction score
Website
twitter.com
Well show announced on smackdown he is going to have the surgery on his arm. I believe it's tommy John. That injury takes pitchers almost a year to recover but id guess around 6-8 months for a guy that wont be throwing a ball every day. Let's all cry together. I'm on my phone, so trust me or find your own source.

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
sad as it is I've got more important people in the WWE for me.

All about dat MVP, Seth Rollins, Ambrose and Wyatt right now.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
If that's true... Goddammit!

Here's to hoping he'll be back at the Rumble and win it, though!

WarMachine1

Bringing the Internet Pain
Reaction score
If it was announced on SmackDown, then it definitely isn't kayfabe. And seeing that he also had a neck surgery, I've started to think that he could wind up like Edge in at least two years or so, having to retire because of neck injuries.

CFCrusader

The Lunatic Fringe
Reaction score
Please tell me this is WWE winding us all up to have Bryan come back sooner than that... dude had the best possible moment at WM30 and marries Brie Bella... then suddenly his father dies, he gets injured, relinquishes the WWE title once again, so that's a 3rd title reign without any memorable defences and of course, multiple surgeries/recoveries.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Please tell me this is WWE winding us all up to have Bryan come back sooner than that... dude had the best possible moment at WM30 and marries Brie Bella... then suddenly his father dies, he gets injured, relinquishes the WWE title once again, so that's a 3rd title reign without any memorable defences and of course, multiple surgeries/recoveries.

Yeah, it's weird and frustrating at the same time. Every time he does something good, something just jinx it.

Leo C

Backlund Mark
Reaction score
Big Show just saying it like that sounds kayfabe, but yeah, you never know. I think it's quite ironic what happened with Bryan, but tbh, I'm not anxiously waiting his return or anything. I can't say it was good, because if he had stayed it would've been him instead of Cena on those title matches, which is always better. But one less big star maybe wouldn't have allowed the Shield members to develop as they did. All in all, I'm not really missing him atm, I think the pool of talent we have is enough to put on an entertaining show. Whether they know how to book it or not is another deal entirely.

Red Rain

The Bully
Technician
Reaction score
Being named 'Most Outstanding Wrestler' seven years running >>> WWE Champion.
I apologize if that statement sounds ignorant, but that's my take.
WWE may have the money and the resources, but its a sorry a** company with a sorry a** boss.
I'll take Danielson's first 10 years in the business over his last 5 easily.
This isn't to say he isn't a good talent, just that WWE isn't such a wonderful f*cking entity.

If he retired today, he'd be retiring on top. Whatever WWE has planned for him in the future can't top the path he trailed for the 1st 6 months of this year.

Lackin

I'm a F'kn Mark - It's my real name.
Reaction score
Favorite Sports Team
zFgjY9e
It's sad to see him out of action, but as @Stopspot said there are more important people in the WWE at the moment also I kinda liking the story WWE is taking, so a bryan return would be more fitting for the Royal Rumble.

The GOAT

The Architect
Hotshot
Reaction score
Big Show announcing it does reek of kayfabe, but then again, dirtsheets have been reporting for awhile now that he'd probably need to have surgery done on his arm, so I wouldn't get too optimistic that it's a work just yet. I recall people speculating that the whole injury in itself back in the Summer was a work too, but we all saw that it wasn't.

I'm disappointed on one hand since it means we're probably stuck with Brock vs Reigns at Wrestlemania for sure and may never get the opportunity to witness Lesnar vs Bryan at all, but on the other hand, I've already latched on to other superstars like Ambrose, Rollins and others.

ShaRpY HaRdY

Main Event Mafia
Reaction score
Sucks but they've been doing a pretty solid job without the 20 minutes of DB/Yes! Chant segments every week.

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
Sucks but they've been doing a pretty solid job without the 20 minutes of DB/Yes! Chant segments every week.

Tbh, I never got tired of those segments... However, I got tired of Reigns pretty damn quick. (like one Cena isn't enough). I'm so glad Dean is in that spot now who is 10x more talented than Reigns is.

Anyways, I'll fucking mark out if DBry comes back at the Rumble or whenever he comes back!