Bryan Danielson wants Zack Sabre Jr to win the G1

• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

“As a fan of the New Japan product, I would love to see Zack Sabre win the G1 and go on to become IWGP World Heavyweight Champion,” said Danielson, who wrestled magnificent bouts with Sabre in October and February. “If you were to ask me whose matches I enjoy the most and what personalities I enjoy the most in New Japan Pro-Wrestling, it’s Zack Sabre Jr.”
“I don’t know the business metrics and all that kind of stuff,” said Danielson. “But his interviews are the most compelling to me, and in a very real way. He’s the guy I enjoy watching the most.”

Cwalker

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
randyorton
Favorite Wrestler
romanreigns
Favorite Wrestler
codyrhodes
Favorite Wrestler
adamcole2
Favorite Wrestler
ajstyles
Favorite Wrestler
jaylethal
Favorite Sports Team
BZw58qk

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers

Apoho Creed

Making Love to my Demons
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
OZO8olA
Favorite Wrestler
Y2tTaaf
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Wrestler
zPa7dqi
Favorite Wrestler
m4aw1gh
Favorite Wrestler
oLvrzSU
Favorite Sports Team
hPPsgSL
Favorite Sports Team
hlbgCD9
Favorite Sports Team
guuKKYL
Favorite Sports Team
Um6oxIS
We all want that to happen but my faith in New Japan is completely broken right now. They don't know what they want even if Sabre JR were to beat Naito in the back of my mind I already thinking so when are we giving it back to Naito. They have no plan at all right now with their Veteran or upcoming Talent like Umino, Tsuji, and Uemura I feel. IF it were to happen I'm sure Taichi would be crying so hard for him.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
He's the first confirmed for playoffs so far, could technically still finish 3rd in the block though I think

Reactions: Roy Mustang

Canadian Dragon

The Ace of WS
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
9Cf16sP
Favorite Wrestler
v9xmgrN
Favorite Wrestler
f0aLDLP
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
nock3cf
He's the first confirmed for playoffs so far, could technically still finish 3rd in the block though I think
got this from reddit, is it not correct?

----- 12 POINTS: GUARANTEED WINNER OF A BLOCK -----

Zack Sabre Jr. (IT'S COMING HOME, IT'S COMING HOME, WRESTLIN' IS COMING HOOOOME) 6-2 - Zack Sabre Jr is guaranteed to win the block thanks to last night's events - A win over Gabe Kidd and a loss for EVIL means the only two wrestlers with hopes to match his score have lost the tiebreakers to him. Not only is he guaranteed to go through, he crucially has already secured the top spot and will get an all-important bye to the semi-finals.

----- 10 POINTS: WIN AND IN, SIMPLE AS -----

EVIL (This Year's Big Choke Artist, And I'm Not Talking DOUKI) 5-3 - EVIL started off 5-0 and almost looked a lock for the playoffs, but has gone winless in his last three bouts and now is in a shockingly close battle to make it to the quarters. With his final match of the block against a probably-pissed off Shota Umino, will EVIL pull a Jon Moxley and throw away a ten point run?

Tetsuya Naito (Mate, Just Leave The Referees Alone) 5-3 - A shaky start saw Naito at only two points at the halfway point, but since then he has been on a four match winning streak. With a final match against Great O'Khan who is on a similar massive comeback, whose Cinderella story comes to a tragic end in Nagaoka?

----- 8 POINTS: TIEBREAKER CITY, HANGING BY A THREAD -----

Shingo Takagi (Like a Dragon Gaiden: The Man Who Erased EVIL's Face) 4-4 - First up in the pile of "this order is kind of just me guessing because figuring out tiebreaker situations makes my tiny brain hurt", it's Shingo who I believe has the best odds of progressing if he wins on the 12th, thanks to wins over Tetsuya Naito and, crucially tonight, a win over the bastard EVIL. With a fight against Jake Lee who just came off breaking the hearts of all Shota Umino fans, this is going to be messy.

Great O'Khan (... WAIT, WHAT THE FUCK?!) 4-4 - Yes, above guys like Jake Lee, Shota Umino, and even SANADA, It's Great O'Khan who I think is in net 5th place right now! With an 0-4 start, many including myself wrote him off, but not only has he gone on a four-match streak, two of those wins have been against SANADA and 10 pointer EVIL, providing him with some crucial tie-breaker marks. The United Empire is still in with a shot at making it through A Block!

----- 8 POINTS: PRETTY MUCH ELIMINATED ON TIEBREAKERS... I THINK? -----

SANADA (I Really Have Nothing To Say Here, I'm Sorry, He Still Bores Me To Tears) 4-4 - Here's where it gets super messy. I'm pretty sure these remaining two eight pointers are both already eliminated due to both having losses against the two 10 pointers, Naito and EVIL. If I'm mistaken, correct me. Either way, SANADA's final match will be against ZSJ - so even if there is still hope for him to squeak by via the skin of his teeth, it's going to be a brutal challenge to get those last two points.

Jake Lee (Jake Lee) 4-4 - Jake Lee.

... Okay, fine, I'll stop that now. Jake is also in the situation where he's on 8 points but from what I can tell due to tiebreakers, he can't outscore Zack on 12 and he can't beat current 2nd and 3rd placers EVIL and Naito. So it's pretty much over as far as I can tell. He has Shingo in his final match, so either way, it's going to be a rough final night for him.

----- 6 POINTS: DEFINITELY ELIMINATED -----

Shota Umino (I'm Sure His Two Dads Are Still Proud) 3-5 - Oh, Shota, Shota, Shota. You've had a rough go of it this year. He came into this tournament clearly not 100%, and even though he's tried to grit his teeth and fight through it, a loss to Jake Lee tonight sealed his elimination.

Gabe Kidd (I'm Not Sure He Thought His Strategy Through, Really) 3-5 - Gabe came into this tournament with the mentality of "I'm gonna wrestle everyone else's style and do it better than them". That six point record is now staring him in the face and calling him a daft cunt. It's still been an exciting series of matches for him, though.

----- 4 POINTS: SUPER MEGA ELIMINATED, FOR TRUCITY STYLE FOR LIFE BROTHER -----

Callum Newman (Still Not Will Ospreay) 2-6 - With only four points on the board, Callum was the first to be eliminated in the whole tournament, but he's been an entertaining watch regardless. And, hey, wins over Shota Umino and ESPECIALLY Shingo Takagi in singles competition are nothing to sneeze at, even if the record may seem like the young man's first G1 is an utter failure.

Chris

Dreams are Endless
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
tLCb5kv
Favorite Wrestler
OEndG4L
Favorite Wrestler
ArsUxsj
Favorite Wrestler
mrperfect2
Favorite Wrestler
eelOIL6
Favorite Wrestler
BryanDanielson1
Favorite Sports Team
sfa
Favorite Sports Team
dallascowboys
Favorite Sports Team
sanantoniospurs
Favorite Sports Team
texasrangers
It could be since he beat Evil so maybe they can only tie and Zack would have the tiebteak actually

Reactions: Canadian Dragon

Roy Mustang

Reaction score
Yeah Sabre is locked. On the 8 pointers my guess is it could be a group table for some of them to keep them alive