• Welcome to "The New" Wrestling Smarks Forum!

I see that you are not currently registered on our forum. It only takes a second, and you can even login with your Facebook! If you would like to register now, pease click here: Register

Once registered please introduce yourself in our introduction thread which can be found here: Introduction Board

Would you rather the Hardys be Original or BROKEN?

• Vintage Hardys

Votes: 3 23.1%
  • BROKEN

Votes: 10 76.9%

• Total voters

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
HARDY BOYZ SET TO USE BROKEN GIMMICK IN THE WWE ?????????

The plan with the Hardy Boyz in WWE is that eventually they will start using the "Broken" gimmick/characters, according to Dave Meltzer on Wrestling Observer Radio. The situation is being held up at the moment because WWE and Anthem have not worked out a deal on the gimmick, but the expectation is that it will happen soon and after that, WWE will transition them into their new characters.

-- The main reason for this is because WWE officials realize that trying to push the Hardys with their old characters isn't going to last and they also want to capitalize on merchandise related to the Broken gimmick.

OR Should they stay VINTAGE

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
Broken is better. WWE needs some crazies. So many gimmicks are stale or mehh.

Reactions: The Phenom

Prince Bálor

I'm kind of a big deal
Reaction score
I'm fine with both vintage and broken Hardyz, tbh.

And even if WWE allowed them to use the broken gimmick after their legal issues with Impact are settled, they probably wouldn't have much of creative freedom as they did in Impact, but I could be wrong.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx
Do you guys think Broken Matt can capture a world championship in the WWE?

Reactions: M Kells

Snowman1

Chillin' with the snowmies.
Reaction score
I'd expect the broken catchphrases to stay. The delete arm slashing and rendering people obsolete may, but as for the zany off the wall Final Deletion shit that got them over? Ain't happening in WWE, sadly. If that's the case then why bother... But there's far worse you can be than Vintage Hardy's.

RedDwarfTechy

WWEF's Resident Hologram
Reaction score
Was never a fan of Broken gimmick, I like watching them wrestle so vintage would be fine for me.

But, as stale as Broken gimmick is, WWE couldn't say no to all that merch cash so i'm sure we'll see them get broken or what not.

Rosie

Dark Side
Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
9yQJpez
Favorite Wrestler
edge
Favorite Wrestler
dJvrW4y
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
Se3BZPQ
Favorite Wrestler
q9gbHdQ
Favorite Sports Team
2DciFqq
Favorite Sports Team
OQcgyMS
Favorite Sports Team
coloradoavalanche
Favorite Sports Team
vCLYUUD
Right now Matt Hardy is basically going through all his old gimmicks on twitter, I love it! XD

Stopspot

Now I’m a big, fat dynamo!
Reaction score
Regular.

People who think WWE aren't going to take a gimmick like the broken one and run it straight into the ground only to drag it back up to run it back down again are kidding themselves.

It's literally a gimmick that McMahon cannot stand, aka one he cannot micromanage. The gimmick worked because Matt and Jeff had creative freedom everywhere else. They don't have that in WWE.

People wishing for the broken Hardys in WWE are going to be majorly let down.

Gman003

The Lunatic Fringe
Hotshot
Reaction score
I like vintage. But God damn, their little promo interview on Monday was HORRENDOUS! It was almost as if they were rehearsing straight off the sheet.

Guys need to speak themselves. All of them. Give them a base to work with, but let them talk ffs.

The Phenom

Reaction score
Favorite Wrestler
undertaker
Favorite Wrestler
shawnmichaels
Favorite Wrestler
kevinsteen
Favorite Wrestler
1m1d5Ur
Favorite Wrestler
dx

As noted before, WWE is tentatively planning on moving forward with the "Broken" gimmick, but it is all dependent on continued negotiations with Anthem/Impact on usage of the trademark.

-- One report suggested that Anthem is after ongoing royalties and a cut of merchandise sales, whereas WWE would rather just buy it out with a lump sum payment.

-- An article making the rounds today also suggested that the reason WWE has decided to refrain from using the "Broken" gimmick is not due to legal reasons, but simply because Vince McMahon is not a fan of the characters. McMahon has a history of being only lukewarm to any ideas that were created outside of WWE. However, this report also went on to suggest that Vince has sort of changed his mind after witnessing first hand at the reaction the gimmick is getting at live events.

-- Finally, one rumor we've heard is that WWE will transition the Hardys into the Broken gimmick after they lose the tag team titles, which would serve as the catalyst for Matt going broken.

-- It's also possible at that time that WWE will split the brothers and have them compete in singles match as it is no secret that WWE officials see Jeff Hardy as a potential singles star while also eyeing programs for Matt Hardy, including one against Bray Wyatt.

Solid Snake

Champion
Reaction score
^ I kind of assumed it was because of legal reasons. It is silly not to milk the cow while its hot... Wait... :eww:

• Haha
Reactions: Rosie

Jacob Fox

Quiet You
Reaction score
I've always personally hated the Broken gimmick. Fortunately it would occupy such a small part of WWE programming that I could ignore it easily so I really don't care what they do but I voted vintage.

Reactions: The Phenom